Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:27:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 [919] 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984253 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:17:22 PM

i am curious about the new NEM mobile app. will be there a ios and android version?
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 04:41:26 PM

i am curious about the new NEM mobile app. will be there a ios and android version?

Yes we have both Android app and iPhone app up and going.  No set plans on Windows phone and no development has started on it. 

The iPhone app is farther along than the Android app and we are focusing more on tweaking UI than functions.  Android is still getting its basic functions built but can already send and receive and make messages.

The apps are currently in building process and we would rather not release screenshots of a work in progress, but will promise for sure there will be an open beta.  No deadline will be set for when the open beta will start, but I'm pretty sure it won't be in the next two weeks, so people itching to get their hands on it and try it out will have to wait at least that long, probably more. 

It will be delivered and it will work just like every single feature that NEM devs said would be on launch was there like first POI algo, first Eigentrust++ for node security, first P2P time sync on a live network, and first multisig with blockchain notifications. 

Next up on the testnet which already works great is M on N multisig with functionality that will be more firsts and those too will be supported on the app.  After M of N is released then the mobile apps will be released, but not before.   

Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:15:38 PM

Clearly NEM has a lot going on.

Seems fudsters are here to try and make NEM look bad but the team is doing well showing otherwise.

Great Job so far everyone.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 07:42:43 PM

Seems fudsters are here to try and make NEM look bad but the team is doing well showing otherwise.

Is your counter argument always just words?

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 10:45:56 PM

I guess I wonder what YOUR words mean Huh

You SAY nothing is going on. These are your WORDS? What are they backed up with?

Where do you fail to understand the action associated with:

"They're not delivering"

- GitHub updated daily
- M of N on Testnet and working flawless
- Launched 3 months ago and best performing release of 2015.  
- Technical PDF released
- No unintentional forks or documentable thefts yet
 -Makoto going to conventions and making presentations (he is public - go ask Roger Ver, Dr. Gavin Wood and David Jerry)
- Released photos of the mobile app on telegram / slack, noting that UI is being worked on.

Do you know what Github is?

Do you know M of N is?

Or are these only words to you?

A whitepaper? Just words too I guess lol.

And I guess when one of the devs is giving presentations about NEM, well I'll be damned those are merely words as well.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 12:01:41 AM

You SAY nothing is going on. These are your WORDS? What are they backed up with?

"They're not delivering"

- GitHub updated daily
- Technical PDF released
 -Makoto going to conventions and making presentations (he is public - go ask Roger Ver, Dr. Gavin Wood and David Jerry)
- Released photos of the mobile app on telegram / slack, noting that UI is being worked on.

Do you know M of N is?

And I guess when one of the devs is giving presentations about NEM, well I'll be damned those are merely words as well.

Lack of anything being present is proof enough that nothing is happening hahaha... If there is no proof of anything being accomplished or actual results that can only mean one thing, this is either dead or preparing for a dump with "rumors."

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 01:25:11 AM

i still have high hopes for NEM
and it stay paort of my crypto portfolio
the rest is mostly high POS coins
(logical DMD Diamon is the main investment)

what i miss abot NEM is that holding is less rewarding than on my other investments

i dont wana be forced to daytrade (and NEM have not enough volume for good daytrading anyway)

how about increase the incentive for running a harvesting node?

The high performance node program will probably start a beta test in a month or two.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
oldisoft

Activity: 854

https://iota.org/

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:38:04 AM

Yes we have both Android app and iPhone app up and going.  No set plans on Windows phone and no development has started on it. 

The iPhone app is farther along than the Android app and we are focusing more on tweaking UI than functions.  Android is still getting its basic functions built but can already send and receive and make messages.

The apps are currently in building process and we would rather not release screenshots of a work in progress, but will promise for sure there will be an open beta.  No deadline will be set for when the open beta will start, but I'm pretty sure it won't be in the next two weeks, so people itching to get their hands on it and try it out will have to wait at least that long, probably more. 

It will be delivered and it will work just like every single feature that NEM devs said would be on launch was there like first POI algo, first Eigentrust++ for node security, first P2P time sync on a live network, and first multisig with blockchain notifications. 

Next up on the testnet which already works great is M on N multisig with functionality that will be more firsts and those too will be supported on the app.  After M of N is released then the mobile apps will be released, but not before.   

Good news, waiting for test Android app.

Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:54:38 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2015, 02:57:32 AM by Sword555

"They're not delivering"

- GitHub updated daily
- Technical PDF released

Do you know M of N is?

Lack of anything being present is proof enough that nothing is happening hahaha... If there is no proof of anything being accomplished or actual results that can only mean one thing, this is either dead or preparing for a dump with "rumors."

Are you dense? Did you not just read what you just responded to?

What do you mean "lack of anything present"
Makoto is out in the community presenting NEM
Github is updated with code everyday. M of N is done and in testing.

Aren't you one of the people always bitching about marketing? I would think you would be happy about one of the devs put marketing the coin IN PERSON.

My guess is you must have dumped your stack the other day when you said we all lost. You should have listened to those that told you it would be back up, and of course it did.
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 05:13:37 AM

Even if there is great development that doesn't guarantee success. Qora recently added AT (automated transaction) before ethereum is even released. Didn't do shit for Qora. There is no evidence development guarantees success.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 05:16:11 AM

Even if there is great development that doesn't guarantee success. Qora recently added AT (automated transaction) before ethereum is even released. Didn't do shit for Qora. There is no evidence development guarantees success.

Nothing guarantees success, but no development guarantees failure.  Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
Eadeqa

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 05:20:28 AM

Don't be that sure. What great development have bitcoin and dogecoin done in last 2 years? They both are higher than Qora

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 06:08:14 AM

Don't be that sure. What great development have bitcoin and dogecoin done in last 2 years? They both are higher than Qora

Bitcoin does have a full time dev team and good funding now from MIT (even if their codebase is unmaintainable).

NEM is the most successful release since the end of 2014, so I am thrilled that we are holding our own still.
Things are progressing much better than I could have anticipated, as will become apparent in the coming weeks (a lot of stuff isn't yet ready to be disclosed, so watch out for the NEM ninjas).

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Chris001

electroneum.com

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:36:53 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2015, 07:55:46 PM by Chris001

"They're not delivering"

- GitHub updated daily
- Technical PDF released

Do you know M of N is?

Are you dense? Did you not just read what you just responded to?

What do you mean "lack of anything present"
Makoto is out in the community presenting NEM
Github is updated with code everyday. M of N is done and in testing.

Aren't you one of the people always bitching about marketing? I would think you would be happy about one of the devs put marketing the coin IN PERSON.

My guess is you must have dumped your stack the other day when you said we all lost. You should have listened to those that told you it would be back up, and of course it did.

Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 05:21:33 PM

Bitcoin does have a full time dev team and good funding now from MIT (even if their codebase is unmaintainable).

NEM is the most successful release since the end of 2014, so I am thrilled that we are holding our own still.
Things are progressing much better than I could have anticipated, as will become apparent in the coming weeks (a lot of stuff isn't yet ready to be disclosed, so watch out for the NEM ninjas).

I trust your claims and that much is going around development in the background. Increasing my stake from day to day.
Eadeqa

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 07:56:05 PM

You missed what I said. Development and adding features does not guarantee success. Qora added AT, that should have been biggest news, but it generated zero interest.  

NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
Chris001

electroneum.com

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:01:56 PM

You missed what I said. Development and adding features does not guarantee success. Qora added AT, that should have been biggest news, but it generated zero interest.  

We know you lost faith in crypto, even Bitcoin, so why come and talk to us about it?

nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 8044

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 08:59:35 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2015, 11:32:01 PM by nutildah

People who are heavily invested in this project should concentrate on gaining mass adoption... everything else is a distant second.

NEM is a perfectly simple system for transferring digital currency. It has an enticing graphical interface, rather simple installation procedure and a pack of useful features to come, but out of the hundreds of competitors that already exist, what separates NEM from the pack? Why should people use NEM instead of bitcoin, or blackcoin, or blackdogebitcoin?

I don't mean to sound generic, but perhaps a NEM casino would be a good first step. Maybe a NEM E-Bay or integration as an in-game currency. Give people something to do with their NEM besides HODL and hope its the next bitcoin. (you know that's what 99% of all holders are doing).

Don't look at me -- I threw mere pennies into this thing compared to some of you. I'm just sayin', you want NEM to be successful? Then remember these 3 Rules For Crypto Success:

1. Adoption
2. Adoption, and
3. Adoption

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
JBC

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 09:54:32 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2015, 10:49:50 PM by JBC

NEM has always been very "avant garde".

This can be a good thing as NEM is addressing the limitations and concerns of cryptocurrency and is remedying solutions.  This remediation is something absent in Bitcoin and virtually every alternate.   There could be remediation behind closed doors but without transparency then we do not know.  Given the past years of cryptocurrency, my own assumption is nothing is happening beyond bug fixes and foundations cutting fat checks.  The FX debate, and how it splintered the Bitcoin developers, at minimum indicates a chaotic developer regime that could had gone back years.

NEM has always been very "avant garde".

This can also be a bad thing when people come on this thread to whine about cryptocurrency (including all the alts and possibly Bitcoin) is not going anywhere and thus it sets a bad depressive vibe on this thread.  This is an unnecessary distraction and if it continues then it may have to be moderated.  Practically most of the top 20 cryptocurrencies have very repressive and moderated threads or external forums where they absolutely do not tolerate these things.   I don't want to name names but at least one name I have seen here was banned from the NXT forum for being maniac depressive (internet forums, and especially this thread, are not substitutes for a psychiatrist or medication prescribed by a licensed health professional).

The one exception is Bitcoin and it is because Bitcoin can't be brought down by a few forum trolls or by people suffering from manic depression.  There were people fudding on this forum back in 2011 and earlier and it did not stop Bitcoin.  

This will be true for alternates when they finally get mainstream coverage and adoption beyond 10,000 users.

NEM is working on it.  XEM is only 3-4 months old and V1 is out soon.  XEM is a 2015 release and it is the best performing 2015 release.    Once users come in, the train will not be coming back to the station.  

JBC Japan Bitcoin
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 8044

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 11:29:58 PM

Once users come in, the train will not be coming back to the station.

That's a big "once."

Why should users start coming in?

Bitcoin
Counterparty
NXT
Bitshares
Dash

all have amazing, novel features already up-and-running. Honestly I think NEM could benefit from some good, old-fashioned PR, trying to attract audiences that have avoided the crypto craze up until now. Give them a reason to use NEM that is non-speculative in nature. Why will people pick NEM?

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Pages: « 1 ... 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 [919] 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: