Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:29:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 647 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701412 times)
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:04:14 AM

forgot, dstm's ZCash Cuda miner is up to Version 0.5.7 Awesome  shows it at 5.5 even after i use the up load tool the CMD screen For the miner says 5.7..

The update mining software Definitions says there is no new updates.. didn't say anything till now, was hoping you would catch it, hate bugging people for minor things.

You have to stop the miner, select the uploaded sofware in the managed miner, then restart the miner.  I just did this today with the djm34 version of ccminer.  It's the same thing if you update AM and there is a new version of a built-in miner software.  You have to stop the miner to make sure that AM can update the software on the rig that it's using.
puwaha

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:05:40 AM

I tried adding my own ccminer into AwesomeMiner and failed miserably... How would one go about doing this? I went into Options -> Managed Software and play around with that GUI but there's no obvious way to specify the location of the new ccminer binaries nor a way to import them into AwesomeMiner...

Thanks!

Follow the instructions here:

http://awesomeminer.com/help/uploadsoftware.aspx
puwaha

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:09:12 AM

I am looking to get Awesome Miner

But i have a problem

It is not picking up my Graphics Cards
EVGA GTX 1060 6GB Mining Edition

I have updated my Drivers and still no luck

Any way I can get the software to pick up my cards?

What mining software are you trying to use?  Are you trying to use a managed miner or a profit miner?  What coin or algorithm are you trying to mine?

Awesome miner doesn't "detect" your GPU... the mining software has to support the card and be able to detect the card.
puwaha

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:13:36 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 06:27:27 AM by puwaha

@patrike I have a few bugs:

- when trying to update, it downloads the package, exits, it says upgrading, then half way it exits and the old version starts again. Currently runing 4.24

It happens to me from time to time.  Just try again later.

- i enabled dead vga detection, with rule to reboot but it does nothing

Can you upload a screenshot of your rule so we can take a look at it?

- if i set up a managed miner, with claymore settings of -wd 1 and -r 1, when i check the details and command line it's with -wd 1 -r -1

If you are using the custom claymore settings at the pool level, there's a column for the setting and one for the value.  Make sure the setting just says r and the value on the same line says 1.

puwaha

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:23:03 AM

Sorry if this is out there but I couldn't find it.
What is the best way to set the miner NOT to mine a coin?
I found out that I can do that by not selecting the algorithm of that coin, but I don't wanna miss other coins of the same algor.
I just want the miner not to mine just that one coin, not the whole algo.
Please help, or link me to the old topic of this.
I appreciate your help.

I'm assuming you are using a profit miner?  If so, which one?  If you want to exclude a certain coin on an algo, then you will have to setup a pool for every coin you want to mine at that site, and put them in a pool group.  It's a lot of work, if there's a few dozen coins in that algo.

But... if you are using a profit miner, then you are generally at the mercy of what the multi-algo pool says is most profitable.  I know that some pools like zpool can switch you to non-profitable coins in order to keep performance up, or to reach a minimum amount of coins so that they can send it to an exchange.
chillware

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:36:42 AM

I found out that I can do that by not selecting the algorithm of that coin, but I don't wanna miss other coins of the same algor.
I appreciate your help.

I'm assuming you are using a profit miner?  If so, which one?  If you want to exclude a certain coin on an algo, then you will have to setup a pool for every coin you want to mine at that site, and put them in a pool group.  It's a lot of work, if there's a few dozen coins in that algo.

But... if you are using a profit miner, then you are generally at the mercy of what the multi-algo pool says is most profitable.  I know that some pools like zpool can switch you to non-profitable coins in order to keep performance up, or to reach a minimum amount of coins so that they can send it to an exchange.

Can't we just go in to Options then Algorithms and uncheck the ones we don't want?
evolart

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 07:20:48 AM

Seems like I might have found a bug. I'm managing two different sets of all with Managed Profit Miners and I used the override feature on one to use a different Mining Pool Hub worker name. When I click the miner and select Pools it shows the global MPH worker name instead of the override worker name. If you right-click the miner and go to detail > process information it shows the correct worker name.

https://imgur.com/ZtD11iC
Mikesol

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:59:35 AM

Patrike, it seems to me that the tick boxes to allow miners to autostart are redundant. It would not be difficult for the controller to keep track (by writing a file or the registry) of which miners are currently active. This would allow the same configuration to be restored in the event of any rig being restarted or even the whole system being shut down and restarted.

A further refinement might be for each remote agent to also store its running state so that in the event of a restart, but loss of connection to the master, the rig could restore its previous mining state in isolation.

As things stand, we have to have 2 miners defined for each rig so swapping between them and keeping the autostart switched to the right ones is a nuisance, and also gives the possibility of a mistake making 2 miners try to run at once in the event of a restart.
Allo-4ka

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:56:31 AM

Good day

Yesterday came the antminer S9, but as it turned out the settings for the frequency and rotation of coolers - it does not exist
Also AM not change frequencies through ssh
Are there any thoughts in this direction?

Thank you
zhulick

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:23:32 AM

i'd love to see native integration with ahashpool as one of the profit switching pools, maybe as a replacement to hashrefinery etc.

since it uses the same yiimp template as zpool, i kind of sort of got it to work by modifying the zpool templates, but it's a pain in the ass to setup and doesn't work for all algos (some don't receive profit info from the pool, while others do just fine etc.).... also the dash doesn't show the current profit of the algo being mined, while clicking on details does show it etc.   like i said, it kind of sort of works, but it would be great if it worked natively, just like zpool.

thanks in advance.
wildzer0

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:10:14 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 02:47:40 PM by wildzer0

I'm trying to add the latest version of Excavator, however it seems the command line parameters have changed slightly. Awesome Miner adds "-ca" which Excavator interprets as "load profile from" causing it to error out. It seems I can't customize the command line parameters, only add new ones?

EDIT: Looks like newer Excavator versions need major API changes as well.
HaywoodJablome

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:06:14 PM

I tried finding the answer before asking this but sorting through 171 pages in this thread made my eyes bleed, so I decided top ask.

Why does Awesome Miner not specify the coins that it is mining? I mean, if it's getting the coin info from Whattomine, and then launching the appropriate miner, why does it not also specify the coin being mined?  I'm having an issue with specifying the coin and the miner suddenly shutting down and switching to another algo, only to do the same thing once I specify that coin, according to Whattomine.  I'm hoping that it's simply a newby oversite, so if someone can explain or point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Secondly, why does Awesome Miner not switch to the most profitable coin, again, according to Whattomine?  Currently, my Nvidia rigs want to mine Equihash (Unspecified of course), which according to Whattomine is the 5th most profitable coin (ZEN), way behind Monacoin.  I have my benchmarks set properly, which are very close to WTM, yet it chooses to mine $5.95 per day instead of $7.84.  I thought this was supposed to be "Profit" switching but it doesn't always follow that rule so I'm trying to figure out if it's something that I'm doing or haven't done, or if it's just the program.

If someone could take a few minutes to address these questions, I would greatly appreciate it.  I've been ruining this software on 6 rigs for about a week and love the concept but in terms of profitability, it doesn't appear to be working in my favor.

Thanks
fthomas137

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:16:37 PM

I've purchased the premium edition and set it to mining on my gtx 1070. Now, I've been mining in the zpool.ca site and I've noticed almost from minute one that the per day profits in awesome miner are always really high compared to what I've actually accumulated in the zpool. I'm seeing things from $4 to $9 per day and I'm earning around $1.80 per day.
maxrena

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:23:30 PM

I appreciate your help.

Can't we just go in to Options then Algorithms and uncheck the ones we don't want?
That's what I was mentioning. It's not about the algo, it's about the one coin in that algo. Let's say in Equilhash, u just want to mine Zencash, not zcash, how do u exclude zcash?
maxrena

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 05:57:02 PM

I appreciate your help.

That's what I was mentioning. It's not about the algo, it's about the one coin in that algo. Let's say in Equilhash, u just want to mine Zencash, not zcash, how do u exclude zcash?
clemenmine

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:54:08 PM

My profit-switching is not mining Equihash on MPH though that is often the most profitable. I have this log entry:

GetAllEnabledPools, couldn't find existing for: MiningPoolHub [Equihash], stratum+tcp://us-east.equihash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:17023, MiningPoolHub, Unspecified Equihash

• Equihash is enabled in Algorithms > Algorithm and Profit-Switching settings
  • Equihash is enabled in Online Services for MiningPoolHub and Profit Switching
  • Equihash is enabled for the Profit Profile I am using (nVidia GPU)

Can't figure out why/where the "GetAllEnabledPools, couldn't find existing..." is looking and what it doesn't like?

GeekLad

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:55:56 PM

You can still configure Awesome Miner to add this parameter if you want (via Options dialog, Online Services, modify the zpool entries and add command line "-p c=ABC" or similar).

Would it be possible to add command line parameters as part of the Bulk Edit fields?  Doing this one-by-one is a bit tedious.
tailhead

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:12:22 PM

Hi Patrike,

I have 1 request / suggestion to improve profit switching when using custom pool group.
Sometimes certain coins are difficult to mine more than its difficulty shows.  Recent case is Electroneum (ETN).
When you check profitability of Cryptonight algo in whattomine, it adjust estimated rewards down to real world level (they said it as "Pool negative luck") while AM still say ETN is most profitable.
My request / suggestion is, can you include "Profit factor" also for user defined pool, so that we can adjust profit switch less frequesnt ETN / mine more other coins.

If this can be done by already available functions, please let me know.
Chapster

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:27:56 PM

Hello Patrike,

Below are some bug reports and some suggestions:

Bugs:

1) When you copy/paste an address into a field (Nicehash, Hashrefinery, Zpool, etc) it is possible to accidentally paste an invisible new line at the end of the address.
This new line will remain there screwing up your miner's launch and without you knowing why it is failing. Took me about 2 and half hours of debugging to find the culprit.
The program should sanitize that information and remove any non alphanumeric characters.

2) It is impossible to add some algorithms. I mean, you can add them and it seems like they are added but they never appear in the "Online Services" tab (the one with the Revenue/Profit list, not the one inside Options).

Try it yourself... attempt to add "yescrypt" and make it appear for Hashrefinery. I have tried on several computers and the program simply refuses to show it even after following all the steps, adding the algorithm, adding it to the mining software and then adding it to the pool in Online Services (the one inside Options).

Suggestions:

1) Create a rule capable of detecting the algorithm being launched.

2) Allow for "Factor" to be defined for custom pools just like we are able to do with the default ones.

3) The benchmarking tool needs some love. Instead of being forced to benchmark each card one by one, it should benchmark the whole lot together.
I know Nicehash used to do it individually (later improved in the legacy miner) but at least they would launch separate miners depending on the profitability of each card.
Right now your program is not designed to do anything like that, so I don't see any reason why benchmarking has to done one card at a time.
As an example, look at what MultipoolMiner does. Simple, efficient, grouped benchmark.

4) After the previous one, you would want to include several versions of the same miner software (like you do now with two versions of ccminer and sgminer).
Once the benchmarking is handled with all cards as a single group, it should do every algorithm with every compatible miner and keep the best performer.

5) Allow us to define different levels of "-dcri" for Claymore Ethminer. Right now this is impossible to do, even if you try to work around it by creating another algorithm with a new name.
Either allow us to add dual mining algorithms or modify the current one so it is capable of having several fields for several values of "-dcri".

Thanks for reading! Here's hoping to see the bugs squished soon.
poby

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:07:01 AM

I'm hoping someone can clear this up for me.  I just noticed all my rigs stats reset to zero.  i.e. "accepted" and "rejected" reset to zero.  I'm mining zcash on miningpoolhub with DSTM which has been running non stop for days.  I double checked and the software definitely hasn't restarted.  Do the stats reset periodically?
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 647 »
  Print  

Jump to: