Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:34:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 [464] 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032135 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:28:47 PM

"The article goes on to describe how exactly the privacy of these innocents was violated. The NSA collected "medical records sent from one family member to another, résumés from job hunters and academic transcripts of schoolchildren. In one photo, a young girl in religious dress beams at a camera outside a mosque. Scores of pictures show infants and toddlers in bathtubs, on swings, sprawled on their backs and kissed by their mothers. In some photos, men show off their physiques. In others, women model lingerie, leaning suggestively into a webcam ..."

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/07/a-devastating-leak-for-edward-snowdens-critics/373991/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:52:20 PM

the mood is souring:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/americans-are-down-on-america-190304928.html
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:05:43 PM

now this is interesting; moving from Singapore to NY?  Lawsky regulation might be signaling favorable conditions?

http://launch.co/story/bitcoin-exchange-itbit-announces-it-is-relocating-from-singapore-to-new
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:37:30 PM

late 2014 could interesting if itBit, Coinsetter, COIN, and SecondMarket get their exchanges/ETF up and running.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:34:51 AM

timely and highly entertaining interview btwn Russ Roberts and Mike Munger about Uber, AirBnB, and Monkey App, lol!
open your minds gentlemen, change is happening everywhere!

http://www.econtalk.org/archives/2014/07/michael_munger.html
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:38:39 AM

"In the future, in the Internet generation, every country will slowly relax sovereign control and even dilute the concept of sovereignty."

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/pboc-official-sovereignty-bitcoin-internet-age-will-change-china-around-world/2014/07/07

"country will relax" my ass. We shall starve and suffocate them.

The officials will have no budget. Their pensions are extinguished. Their salaries are inflated away. The politicians will be laughed at, when they try to offer spoils to the voters. The servicemen abroad will, when their machinery stops due to lack of maintenance, when they have no fuel for their warships for lack of pay, when they have no food left, quietly leave the warships, team up with a local woman and start small scale vegetable production, forget to write home.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:59:11 AM

the war is on; for taxis that is.  and it won't end well; for Yellows:

"We just dropped uberX fares by 20%, making it cheaper than a New York City taxi. From Brooklyn to the Bronx, and everywhere in between, uberX is now the most affordable ride in the city."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-07/uber-launches-war-against-yellow-cabs-cuts-new-york-fares-20-ali-baba-launches-chine

What an idea that is... Anyone can become a driver and all they do is connect drivers or people needing a ride.. brilliant. I heard here in Vancouver they shut it down though, regulation bs.

Now if you add in those cars where you can park and ride and bitcoin as a payment method you take it to another level.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:04:40 AM

the war is on; for taxis that is.  and it won't end well; for Yellows:

"We just dropped uberX fares by 20%, making it cheaper than a New York City taxi. From Brooklyn to the Bronx, and everywhere in between, uberX is now the most affordable ride in the city."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-07-07/uber-launches-war-against-yellow-cabs-cuts-new-york-fares-20-ali-baba-launches-chine

What an idea that is... Anyone can become a driver and all they do is connect drivers or people needing a ride.. brilliant. I heard here in Vancouver they shut it down though, regulation bs.

Now if you add in those cars where you can park and ride and bitcoin as a payment method you take it to another level.

I'm sure bitcoin is in Ubers future.
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:18:58 AM

"In the future, in the Internet generation, every country will slowly relax sovereign control and even dilute the concept of sovereignty."

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/pboc-official-sovereignty-bitcoin-internet-age-will-change-china-around-world/2014/07/07

The officials will have no budget. Their pensions are extinguished. Their salaries are inflated away. The politicians will be laughed at, when they try to offer spoils to the voters. The servicemen abroad will, when their machinery stops due to lack of maintenance, when they have no fuel for their warships for lack of pay, when they have no food left, quietly leave the warships, team up with a local woman and start small scale vegetable production, forget to write home.

You nailed it. Statists will have to compete for our bitcoins by offering their "services" on a voluntary basis. Fewer and fewer proposals will get funded and individuals overall will prosper. I can't think of a more exciting time to be alive.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 06:04:38 AM

Nxt, Nem, Ethereum, …

I'm looking forward to the launch of the first spin-offs later in the year.  Significant progress has recently been made on the UTXO parser for producing the blockchain snapshot files: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563972.msg7602258#msg7602258

Is Nxt or Nem now fully open-source and clone-able using the spin-off method?  

I'm really curious how the market dynamics will play out between the alt-coin and the alt-clone (credit to Cypherdoc for the term Smiley).

I'm looking forward to this as well!

There are some posters in this thread whose rhetoric surrounding alt-coins seem really pushy and aggressive to me. With the launch of alt-clones we might see whether they really care about the tech or just want to pump some coin for personal profit Smiley

btw the last 3 pages have been seriously off-topic.
I wasn't trying to pump the coins. Read all my posts bar the most recent in this thread. I was trying to get an answer as to why senior members seem to shun second gen coins. Not pump. I'm never usually this, frustrated but this persistent cold shouldering and selective hearing when dealing with second gens was really p-ing me off. I just wanted answers as to why it happens but as you can see I didn't get any.

Nxt is open source nem is only in open alpa so still closed. And don't base an entire cryptocurrency on one person's comments. If you read the comments you will see I'm looking for an answer that nook one so far has been able to give?

Its called concern trolling.  Claiming to be worried that something isn't getting its proper attention.  If you have a question for "senior members" please realize that there isn't such a collective unit.  Ask the individuals.  Some might agree with you, but these people are not all of the same mind and all against you as you are claiming. 

On the internet, you are much more likely to get a dissent than an agreement.   Folks that agree will nod and read the next post.  Those that disagree might more likely say so.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:09:09 AM

Nxt, Nem, Ethereum, …

I'm looking forward to the launch of the first spin-offs later in the year.  Significant progress has recently been made on the UTXO parser for producing the blockchain snapshot files: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563972.msg7602258#msg7602258

I'm really curious how the market dynamics will play out between the alt-coin and the alt-clone (credit to Cypherdoc for the term Smiley).

There are some posters in this thread whose rhetoric surrounding alt-coins seem really pushy and aggressive to me. With the launch of alt-clones we might see whether they really care about the tech or just want to pump some coin for personal profit Smiley

I wasn't trying to pump the coins. Read all my posts bar the most recent in this thread. I was trying to get an answer as to why senior members seem to shun second gen coins. Not pump. I'm never usually this, frustrated but this persistent cold shouldering and selective hearing when dealing with second gens was really p-ing me off. I just wanted answers as to why it happens but as you can see I didn't get any.

Nxt is open source nem is only in open alpa so still closed. And don't base an entire cryptocurrency on one person's comments. If you read the comments you will see I'm looking for an answer that nook one so far has been able to give?

Because there have been so many and nearly all of them are scams. I don't know about you, but I don't have time to investigate all of them, so it's safest to assume it's not interesting for investment until proven otherwise (the high scam rating is also why I'm mostly annoyed with the pump and dumps things and hence ignore most).

Further, I know for a fact that 1) Bitcoin is NOT a scam and 2) it's highly dynamic: meaning if something truly interesting is developed it is extremely likely that it will be incorporated into the Bitcoin protocol.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:38:16 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 11:50:44 AM by kodtycoon

Nxt, Nem, Ethereum, …

Because there have been so many and nearly all of them are scams. I don't know about you, but I don't have time to investigate all of them, so it's safest to assume it's not interesting for investment until proven otherwise (the high scam rating is also why I'm mostly annoyed with the pump and dumps things and hence ignore most).

Further, I know for a fact that 1) Bitcoin is NOT a scam and 2) it's highly dynamic: meaning if something truly interesting is developed it is extremely likely that it will be incorporated into the Bitcoin protocol.
even the bitcoin devs have said they cant incorporate anything into the bitcoin protocol? they even admited anytime an idea is brought up that it just turns into a flaring argument so development has come to a grinding halt and now its just one dev working on bitcoin and thats it. they cant do anything with it for fear of messing it up. bitcoin will be the same in 5 years as it is now, bar perhaps getting more zeros after the decimal. i hate the pump and dump schemes too, your not alone. you will regret ignoring nxt and nem lol just do yourself a favor and reearch the technology, look into why they are superior protocols to bitcoin. look into the major advances they have made in the crypto space. even vitalik buterin stopped by the nxt forum a couple days ago and totaly changed his mind about nxt.

and is having an ethereum death blow ready for full testing not "interesting" lol how could putting ethereum out of the game not "interesting enough"?

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:44:08 PM

You nailed it. Statists will have to compete for our bitcoins by offering their "services" on a voluntary basis. Fewer and fewer proposals will get funded and individuals overall will prosper. I can't think of a more exciting time to be alive.

I think we may see a "hollowing out" of government but I think your vision is too much.  In a world of declining resources relative to population, defense may still be very important.  But internal services and the attached regulatory bodies that are currently centralized for trust reasons (taxi medallions, hotels, etc) will move to decentralized models.  And blockchain technology will remove much of the legal work relating to tracking ownership of titles, stocks, bonds, etc.  However, local government will still be required to protect long term investment against externalities (i.e. you can't build that noisy, polluting factory right next to our neighborhood without buying all the houses in it first because you will ruin the quality of life for all residents).

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:10:42 PM

the roll:

_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:18:51 PM

Innovation, coherent and targeted marketing, corporate design style guides, laser focused developers working together, pumping out features faster then you can say fiat: http://nxter.org/nxt-newsletter-14/. Ignore at your own peril.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:21:58 PM

Try to learn from what happened to the USSR. The government will not stay a whole but will fall apart as everyone will try to grab what they can as they head for the exit to safeguard their own future.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:23:11 PM

stocks topping?  ending diagonal...
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:25:25 PM

Innovation, coherent and targeted marketing, corporate design style guides, laser focused developers working together, pumping out features faster then you can say fiat: http://nxter.org/nxt-newsletter-14/. Ignore at your own peril.

i don't think so.

was it NXT or NEM founders who paid a measly total of 21 BTC for their initial distribution?
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:35:21 PM

"This could in effect make the banks part of what would begin to look like a war council,” Grayson said in an e-mail. “Congress needs to keep an eye on what something like this could mean.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-08/banks-dreading-computer-hacks-call-for-cyber-war-council.html
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:37:16 PM

i don't think so.

was it NXT or NEM founders who paid a measly total of 21 BTC for their initial distribution?

It was nxt, but it really doesn't matter how much they paid. Just like a company their time and effort they put in building up an ecosystem is far more valuable and their initial buy in stake.
Pages: « 1 ... 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 [464] 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: