Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:49:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 [878] 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170603 times)
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 04:16:58 AM

crowetic regarding your pool http://pool.burstcoining.com:8124/ how does payments work on this as I seem to be earning a lot less than I use to make and generating about 4 to 5K burst per day I am currently growing my plots to about 10TB or so and when I was mining on other pools with only 4TB plotted was making about 3 to 4k per day. What is different  on your pool that is causing a reduced pay out daily.

Also the payments that are set is their any option to increase them as my wallet getting attacked with liek 5 burst 4 burst or 10 burst payments

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bensam123

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:10:06 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 08:10:40 AM by bensam123

This is weird... Could anyone tell me why a optimized drive takes longer to scan then a non-optimized one? I just finished one of my 5TB drives and it takes more time to scan then one of the unoptimized drives. I used J6s optimizer, the drives are identical. I tested it against a different drive on the same machine. It doesn't seem to use any memory and overall uses less CPU then the unoptimized drive, but that doesn't matter if it takes longer to read through.

Unoptimized drive, same size, make, plot size, and model, takes 9 seconds less to read through then a optimized drive. 60s vs 69s.

Also the read pattern for the optimized drive looks like little spikes, compared to the optimized drive which has long 'bursts' of data transfer, even if it's at 100% utilization.

This is on my A4-4000 with 8GB of memory.

Optimized drive is H: Unoptimized drive is D:

Edit: Just completed another drive on my low end Intel PC. That disk (optimized) takes 57s to read through vs 46s (unoptimized) to read through. The optimized disk uses less ram and CPU, but still takes longer to read through.

seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 07:51:16 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 08:25:26 AM by seasonw

crowetic regarding your pool http://pool.burstcoining.com:8124/ how does payments work on this as I seem to be earning a lot less than I use to make and generating about 4 to 5K burst per day I am currently growing my plots to about 10TB or so and when I was mining on other pools with only 4TB plotted was making about 3 to 4k per day. What is different  on your pool that is causing a reduced pay out daily.

Also the payments that are set is their any option to increase them as my wallet getting attacked with liek 5 burst 4 burst or 10 burst payments

Wow, I'm new to burst and I have nearly 6TB but cannot even get 1.2k per day most of the time at burst.ga, and was thinking to try pool.burstcoining.com... But I thought that was normal because https://bchain.info/BURST/tools/calculator shows that average of 1.5k per day with 6TB, I never think of can have more than expected, or the calculator shows a conservative earning?
Do you mind to share which pool do you used previously with 4TB that made 3~4k per day? Thank you very much  Smiley

And I forged a block 19 hours ago but still no reward payment yet... Don't tell me this is the same bug that happened to me again in V2 pool   Cry

Any pool with bug fixed? Or maybe I really should spare time to create a new pool with brand new coding~~   Undecided

equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 08:32:05 AM

Hot annoucement directly from the PR Team:

Soon @vbcs will release the Crowdfunding AT Beta! There you can support or create a new crowdfunding for your future big project, helping a social cause like a charity for Ebola or "Save the Children", scientific investigations, or to get funds to record your music. All the funds will go to the owner of the CF if he gets the 100% of the funds by the closing date. Smiley

Remember that you can keep updated on Burst in our twitter @real_BURSTCOIN, follow us!
I may try to create an croedfunding AT for this project of mine: zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software. Phase 2 of the project won't be expensive, so I may be able to collect the funds needed to reach phase three by crowdfunding. Meanwhile if anyone is interested to send some BURST for this project: BURST-GFWT-LEP4-Q592-62JQZ

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
bensam123

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 08:38:17 AM

Alright... What am I doing wrong? Optimized plots take longer to scan then unoptimized plots.

It's starting to seem like the only way to improve scan times is with a faster processor and more memory (bigger stagger size), contrary to what I've been told. Optimizing only helps on really low end systems (CPU/Memory). It's counterproductive if you have a fast CPU and lots of memory.
equipoise

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 08:51:31 AM

Alright... What am I doing wrong? Optimized plots take longer to scan then unoptimized plots.

It's starting to seem like the only way to improve scan times is with a faster processor and more memory (bigger stagger size), contrary to what I've been told. Optimizing only helps on really low end systems (CPU/Memory). It's counterproductive if you have a fast CPU and lots of memory.
That's what i thought at the begging. Just optimize all your plots on all your drives and then you'll see the difference.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
bensam123

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:12:49 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 09:43:48 AM by bensam123

That's what i thought at the begging. Just optimize all your plots on all your drives and then you'll see the difference.

It'd only be different for 'bulk' mining, where my CPU and memory are being maxed out. It seems inferior from a performance perspective on a faster PC (CPU and memory).

Considering this takes a day and a half to optimize each drive, and a day to replot if this ends up messed up, I really am not very interested in just taking another leap of faith here as the answers I'm starting to find are more and more conflicting.

Like the 'merge' tool, which isn't really a merge tool... It increases your stagger size to it's maximum?!? I was under the impression your stagger size is equivalent to the amount of memory I have. In some spots I'm reading the optimizer and the merge tool are one in the same, just called different things.

Edit: Put both optimized disks into the A4-4000. 2x optimized disks being mined takes 79s, 2x unoptimized disks being mined takes 67s.
equipoise

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 09:45:36 AM

^I'm on core i7 16GB, 30 TB plots on 8 external USB 3 drives. The optimization is ordering your plots in a way that each block it reads sequential from your HDD with much less seeks. HDDs are much, much faster with sequential reading. When some of the plots are optimized and others are not you can't see a big difference, but when they are all optimized you'll read your plots much faster.

lagur

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 09:48:53 AM

I plot & optimize at my high-end system (i7+32gb) but I mine on a very low-end system (atom+4gb) for 24/7.

My questions regarding mining performance...
 - Is there a recommended settings for generator_plot & miner using low-end system I should keep in mind?
 - Is it normal to see a lot of "no deadline" mining status on a 1TB plotted disk?
 - Let say using couple of 3TB, is there a mining performance difference with 1 plot per drive vs. multiple plots per drive?
 - does USB 2.0 overhead scanning of HDD?

Thanks in advance!
bensam123

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:15:28 AM

^I'm on core i7 16GB, 30 TB plots on 8 external USB 3 drives. The optimization is ordering your plots in a way that each block it reads sequential from your HDD with much less seeks. HDDs are much, much faster with sequential reading. When some of the plots are optimized and others are not you can't see a big difference, but when they are all optimized you'll read your plots much faster.

I did a 1 optimized vs a 1 unoptimized comparison on two different systems and both unoptimized drives were faster. I just did 2x optimized vs 2x unoptimized and the unoptimized pair were still faster. I can imagine the unoptimized drives are even faster with more memory and a higher stagger size.

Watching the reading numbers in resource monitor, the unoptimized drives read faster then the optimized drives as per my screenshot on the last page, which I confirmed on two different systems.

I understand what 'optimizing' is supposed to do (sequential vs random seeks), but it doesn't seem to be doing it, I messed up the optimization somehow, or I'm supposed to tweak Blagos miner somehow to better utilize the optimized plots. If a disk goes from mainly random seeks to sequential transfers, it should be much, much faster, especially on my 5900RPM drives, it's not doing that though. That should be a given regardless the number of disks on the system.

Sequential throughput on these drives is from 80-180MB/s. It's reading the optimized disks at 10MB/s.

Also worth mentioning, these are 5TB drives.

It could very well be that my systems are too slow to properly utilize the optimized drives, however, the unoptimized drives shouldn't be faster. I mean I'm not making this stuff up, I'm reading this out of resource monitor and looking at the mine times on Blagos.

This may have something to do with the unoptimized drives still using a stagger, while the optimized ones no longer use a buffer(stagger?). Is there anyway to force a optimized drive to continue to use a buffer?
Mergesort

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 10:21:09 AM

This is the worst coin i have tried to setup! It's annoying as hell and time consuming! For two days i have been trying -.-
mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 10:34:43 AM

Anyone want help out with three questions from a reporter? The document is on google doc and open to edit for everyone with the link. It's pretty basic questions, have a look if you want.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cAFfaUjYUCXc8VMk341F7yR99OhhfEq-Z7xNpRQagkM/edit?usp=sharing

I can't guarantee that your contribution end-up in the paper, of course.

If you have contributed, write your BTT nick on the document and send a PM here with your BURST address and i'll send some coins as a token of appreciation. Sending donations to participants is a intention, and not a promise: Donations can be withhold if I believe the member lie or if too many members are included in writing or editing.

Thanks!

mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 10:35:31 AM

This is the worst coin i have tried to setup! It's annoying as hell and time consuming! For two days i have been trying -.-

Have you read the guides?

Here is a guide on YouTube for Windows, remember that it's six month but it still shows some of the basic steps.
http://youtu.be/b4zOAHoncF0

bensam123

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:01:12 AM

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... and I'm going on a month and still running into shit. I've had to delete two rants tonight already before I posted them. Jesus.

PoC2 couldnt' come sooner. Someone should make a GPU assisted miner, but I think all the people that can already purchased super beefy systems so there is no incentive for them to do so. Oh, BTW, you need a super beefy system if you want to mine this coin in any sizeable amount (10TB+).
daWallet

Activity: 302

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 11:08:54 AM

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... and I'm going on a month and still running into shit. I've had to delete two rants tonight already before I posted them. Jesus.

PoC2 couldnt' come sooner. Someone should make a GPU assisted miner, but I think all the people that can already purchased super beefy systems so there is no incentive for them to do so. Oh, BTW, you need a super beefy system if you want to mine this coin in any sizeable amount (10TB+).

Thats actually not true at all. You can mine 10TB with a Notebook from 2008 without big problems. I even use the RAM-hungrier java miner and still it's working with 4GB Ram. You should upgrade with an ExpressCard to USB 3.0 or even better SATA and you are good for going.
Of course you have to use Linux.

github/dawallet   Burst Client for Win & Burstcoin.biz
mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 11:19:30 AM

https://temp.poloniex.com/exchange#btc_burst

Something is moving... Wink Great volume too!

Mergesort

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:28:54 AM

Have you read the guides?

Here is a guide on YouTube for Windows, remember that it's six month but it still shows some of the basic steps.
http://youtu.be/b4zOAHoncF0

I have read alot and it seems that even the way you use a batch file to create a plot changes from version to version, so solution to past problems won't solve your present problems. I also read that i need alot of space for it to realy make any sense mining, is that true? I have 1TB of free space, but everyone is talking about 4TB, 10+TB some guy even got 18TB, can't compete with that. Btw what is the filled space used up for? Is it senseless mining like most other coins? I know you use less energy, but wouldn't it be better to use it for something?

This stress is not worth it, i guess most people will give in in less time than me -> coin isn't going to attract more people -> coin might die
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 11:34:40 AM

https://temp.poloniex.com/exchange#btc_burst

Something is moving... Wink Great volume too!

and seems like this will continue Wink

go go burst!!!   as i always sayd, this is just the beginning!!! Tongue

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
daWallet

Activity: 302

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2015, 11:40:31 AM

I have read alot and it seems that even the way you use a batch file to create a plot changes from version to version, so solution to past problems won't solve your present problems. I also read that i need alot of space for it to realy make any sense mining, is that true? I have 1TB of free space, but everyone is talking about 4TB, 10+TB some guy even got 18TB, can't compete with that. Btw what is the filled space used up for? Is it senseless mining like most other coins? I know you use less energy, but wouldn't it be better to use it for something?

Today you can make around 5$ with 1TB per Month. If you have that 1TB lying around doing nothing, you should mine with it and you get 4 or 8 times (depends on your kwh costs) the money back for your pc hardware electricity costs. 5$ per month is no so much would you think, but it depends where you are living. Imagine you work in a very poor country for 20$ per week or so.

With 10TB you make 50$ per month an so on... and the price is climbing.

The space is filled and you can't use it for other things, but if you have free space available just lying around, you are wasting it too.

github/dawallet   Burst Client for Win & Burstcoin.biz
Kartojal

Activity: 207

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 11:40:46 AM

[...]

We are working about creating a more user-friendly plotter-miner with a GUI(without using terminal!), if you try to mine in Ubuntu i can help you to set-up your miner. Respect about the filled space, the burstdev said that in the future that space can be used to create like a huge cloud storage, but hey, this coin is young, PoC  is totaly new, be patient!

If you have any more question, ask me via private messages, Burst deserves a try ! Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 [878] 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: