Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:23:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SatoshiDICE.com - The World's Most Popular Bitcoin Game  (Read 495450 times)
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 05, 2013, 04:02:33 AM

I have around 150 bets that have Payment TX Status: UNKNOWN

Has the bet transaction confirmed?   If not, is it a child of a transaction that also has not confirmed? 

If that is the case, those are likely being ignored until they have a confirmation, which was a change that was implemented late December following some transactions that were essentially disrupting the system.  If that is the case, place your wagers with the Bitcoin-Qt client which will not allow you to spend funds that don't have at least one confirmation.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2013, 05:21:16 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2013, 12:34:21 PM by legitnick

I have around 150 bets that have Payment TX Status: UNKNOWN

Has the bet transaction confirmed?   If not, is it a child of a transaction that also has not confirmed?  

If that is the case, those are likely being ignored until they have a confirmation, which was a change that was implemented late December following some transactions that were essentially disrupting the system.  If that is the case, place your wagers with the Bitcoin-Qt client which will not allow you to spend funds that don't have at least one confirmation.
I've been using My Wallet

Edit: regular wallet is working now and my balance finally got back to normal

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 04:14:20 AM

quick question: those of you posting the "number of bets, winnings" stuff, where are you finding that? i just pulled my transaction history for my payout address and i THINK i'm up about 1 btc, but i'd like to see that somewhere if it's available.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 05:05:23 AM

quick question: those of you posting the "number of bets, winnings" stuff, where are you finding that? i just pulled my transaction history for my payout address and i THINK i'm up about 1 btc, but i'd like to see that somewhere if it's available.

I think that was from the official satoshidice client program "SatoshiRoller" that they released a while back.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2013, 05:52:28 AM

I got it from my blockchain.info wallet.  In the "send" area there's a specific SatoshiDice application.  At the bottom of the screen it shows you your stats, though sometimes it doesn't seem to display.

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2013, 08:17:10 PM

About 22k Shares are now up on BitFunder for Gamma SatoshiDice Pass Through
If your interested in buying S.DICE shares but you don't want to have to deal with MPEX then it's a perfect option for you.
https://bitfunder.com/asset/G.SDICE
//DeaDTerra
Jakers

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 04:22:06 PM

Hey, I sent a few small bets, and they came back fine. I have just sent a $5 and $13 bet in, and nothing came back. The other ones had come back instant, is there any reason why nothing came back for these ones, not even a $0.00?

This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for
Carnth

Activity: 634

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 05:26:03 PM

Hey, I sent a few small bets, and they came back fine. I have just sent a $5 and $13 bet in, and nothing came back. The other ones had come back instant, is there any reason why nothing came back for these ones, not even a $0.00?

Here is the perfect answer to your question:

Has the bet transaction confirmed?   If not, is it a child of a transaction that also has not confirmed? 

If that is the case, those are likely being ignored until they have a confirmation, which was a change that was implemented late December following some transactions that were essentially disrupting the system.  If that is the case, place your wagers with the Bitcoin-Qt client which will not allow you to spend funds that don't have at least one confirmation.

If you are still having problems and your bet transaction has at least one confirm, find your bet transactions and paste them here so we can help your better.

Jakers

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 05:47:26 PM

Thank you  Wink I just received my payment a few minutes ago. I can't believe I risked a whole bitcoin for 5 cents!  Angry

This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for RENT☺♥☺♥☺This SPACE is for
2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 05:53:43 PM

Hey since when I get different lucky numbers for one transaction (2 bets)  Huh

This is the boiling point. I'm out !!!

Carnth

Activity: 634

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 06:40:44 PM

Since Jan 3:

At 2013-01-03 00:00 GMT (In about an hour) the logic for calculating the bet hash which was hmac512(secret, bet_transaction_id) will be changed to hmac512(secret, bet_transaction_id + ":" + bet_output_index)

This means that each bet inside a single transaction will get a different lucky number.  With this change, we will be relaxing some of our max check logic so that players will be able to make multiple bets to the same address in a single transaction.

Currrently, if a player sends a transaction of:
{
250 BTC -> 1dicec9k7KpmQaA8Uc8aCCxfWnwEWzpXE
}

The first one will be processed normally, the second one will be considered above max.

At the switch over at 00:00 the same transaction will be processed as two separate bets with two separate lucky numbers and won't be considered above max.

I'll be updating the docs to reflect this as well.
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
January 07, 2013, 07:12:42 PM

Since Jan 3:

At 2013-01-03 00:00 GMT (In about an hour) the logic for calculating the bet hash which was hmac512(secret, bet_transaction_id) will be changed to hmac512(secret, bet_transaction_id + ":" + bet_output_index)

This means that each bet inside a single transaction will get a different lucky number.  With this change, we will be relaxing some of our max check logic so that players will be able to make multiple bets to the same address in a single transaction.

{
}

The first one will be processed normally, the second one will be considered above max.

At the switch over at 00:00 the same transaction will be processed as two separate bets with two separate lucky numbers and won't be considered above max.

Correct.

And this was done because players could stack bets together in one transaction to effectively get over the bet max. This wasn't "unfair" to anyone, but it did cause very high variance that was quite risky for the house to run. It was decided to ensure each input got its own lucky number, but then also increase the max-max bets up to 500. So high rollers should be happy still, but the system is more stable/less volatile.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2013, 10:20:19 PM

Hey since when I get different lucky numbers for one transaction (2 bets)  Huh

Since Jan 3:

This means that each bet inside a single transaction will get a different lucky number.  With this change, we will be relaxing some of our max check logic so that players will be able to make multiple bets to the same address in a single transaction.

{
}

Correct.

And this was done because players could stack bets together in one transaction to effectively get over the bet max. This wasn't "unfair" to anyone, but it did cause very high variance that was quite risky for the house to run. It was decided to ensure each input got its own lucky number, but then also increase the max-max bets up to 500. So high rollers should be happy still, but the system is more stable/less volatile.

There is a larger max payout now on single bets than combining many bets previously if you look at exchange rates.

This max transaction Jul 10 $11.66-> $39,200 on 0s

Today: max bets at 1000x-64000x: $1.13-$72.50 -> $72,400, so the house has a higher bankroll and we assume this won't break them. One in a million chance that two bets pull out $140,000.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2013, 11:20:28 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2013, 11:58:50 AM by Gyrsur

Hey since when I get different lucky numbers for one transaction (2 bets)  Huh

This is the boiling point. I'm out !!!

exactly. and they changed also something in the logic to become more profitable. my experience is bad from the start of the change. they changed also the min. bet from 0.001 to 0.01 without any explanation. my guess is that they want to prevent systematic bets and have more bets of real players because they risk more without any logic.

EDIT: wow max. bet is changed to 500 BTC. seams to me they have to become more profitable to pay out a good interest to the shareholders. so nothing realy new in the bitcoin world. if money comes into the game the old rules rule.

btw: this is also the difference to the Linux story. in the beginning of the Linux story there was now commercial interests and this was very good. but Bitcoin itself has commercial interests by it's nature. my conclusion during the past time is that the Linux story and the Bitcoin story is very different. also the involved individuals are very different. not comparable to the fresh mind in the early days of Linux.

Jakers

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 03:43:06 PM

I'd like to buy some shares, is there a specific person I should contact?

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:13:54 PM

exactly. and they changed also something in the logic to become more profitable. my experience is bad from the start of the change. they changed also the min. bet from 0.001 to 0.01 without any explanation. my guess is that they want to prevent systematic bets and have more bets of real players because they risk more without any logic.

EDIT: wow max. bet is changed to 500 BTC. seams to me they have to become more profitable to pay out a good interest to the shareholders. so nothing realy new in the bitcoin world. if money comes into the game the old rules rule.

There's no change "to become more profitable" if by that you're suggesting that they're cheating.  You have the same chance of winning now as you did before. and the site is still "provably fair"; you can check that they're not cheating you by calculating the hashes for yourself  The only change is for people who make multiple bets in a single transaction.  You used to get the same lucky number for all bets in a transaction, so you could bet 250 BTC on "lessthan 56000", another 250 BTC on "lessthan 52000" and so on, and end up with a huge bet of several thousand BTC.  All the bets would get the same lucky number, so if the number was low enough they would all win.  That was very risky, and caused huge swings in the profit/loss of the site.

The min bet was increased because people were making thousands of min bets, and the system was unable to keep up with them.  The current min bet is only about 13 US cents.

The max bet changing to 500 BTC is a direct result of people now being unable to make multiple bets against the same lucky number.  Since you now can't place thousand-BTC bets against a lucky number, it's safe to increase the max bet a bit.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 12:19:41 AM

I think that was from the official satoshidice client program "SatoshiRoller" that they released a while back.

Where is this client?  The only link I found directs you back to satoshidice.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2013, 12:52:22 AM

Where is this client?  The only link I found directs you back to satoshidice.

Looks like I was wrong, and it's the blockchain.info wallet's SD feature that was tracking overall profit.

You can see that SatoshiRoller has a similar but different display:

You can get the client from http://satoshidice.com/roller/ - though I can't find it linked anywhere on their site.  There's a forum thread announcing the client here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=124093.0

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 10, 2013, 01:00:38 PM

Today: max bets at 1000x-64000x: $1.13-$72.50 -> $72,400, so the house has a higher bankroll and we assume this won't break them. One in a million chance that two bets pull out $140,000.

10k BTC worth of shares went in one buy on MPEx at some point, so...no. At a minimum a degree of magnitude more would be needed to break them.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
January 11, 2013, 01:09:38 AM

What the fuck is wrong with SD lately?? It has been completely unplayable for the past week or so... I would make successive bets, and then it just stops responding and doesn't return result until next confirmation. And yes, I am including 0.001 tx fee. Also, I often get orphaned transactions that take hours to confirm with no payout. Martingales are not fun if it takes hours to stack them. If something doesn't get fixed soon, then SD is pretty much dead to me.

Hi,

Can you provide a few of your transaction links? I'll look into it. Wallet is healthy so there shouldn't be any abnormal complications going on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: