Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:10:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Micon's List of BTC Ponzi Schemes that should not be listed as "Lending"  (Read 119581 times)
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 06:39:53 PM

DOES THAT SOUND LIKE VAGUE CONSTRUCTIONS?  HIGH-YIELD INVESTMENT PROGRAMS?  MOTHERFUCKER SAYS "LARGE INVESTMENT TRANSACTIONS" AND THE OLDIE BUT GOODIE "MARKET ARBITRAGE" AND YOU GUYS FIRE $1M+ USD WORTH OF BTC TO A GUY ON THE INTERNET NAMED PIRATE.  AT LEAST THE STORY WILL BE FULL OF YOUR NAIVE AND CUTE LITTLE FINANCIAL LULZ
It's easy to get angry at this sort of thing, but please try not to fly off the handle.
I was trying in my post above yours to get people to discuss the business itself rather than a constant back and forth of personal attacks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 09:08:25 PM

so you are going to kick me in the nads before Pirate even though he's stealing $1M+ USD from the BTC community and I'm pointing it out?  

[snip]A LOAD OF BLABBERING[/snip]

Please answer me with all your evidence of him STEALING $1M+ USD as you stated. You dont claim he will steal it, you claimed now that he is currently/allready stealing it in your own words which I have requoted again.

Sorry similar examples doesnt constitute as facts even though it might give you some strange arousal thinking you are the GOTCHA MAN.

If you lack the fundamental command of the english language and dont understand that you expressed his theft as something that allready occurred then you should really hit up books other than poker-related.

PS. Nothing will ever beat your own financial LULZ 500% expected interest within 24hrs on loan that you got scammed for, NOW THATS going down in history as the biggest turd.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Clipse

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 09:19:02 PM

Micon here is something for you to get a huge hissyfit over: https://geniuscapital.biz

3.3% daily compounded interest, registered UK company, Now what big boy ?

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 09:23:10 PM

My virus scanner blocks that site and says it's suspicious.

Edit:

And after looking through Google cache I'd say that is a Ponzi
Clipse

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 09:26:25 PM

Edit:

Its not a virus, company is registered under proper UK law, no way in hell they would operate as a ponzi while being registered with actual offices. If this is a registered company and its a ponzi then there is bigger problems than all the shit being flinged in this thread.

zaj

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 09:27:55 PM

how can u even compare pirate's scheme to an obvious ponzi? pirate has nowhere near the rates of a real ponzi and no ponzi lasts for nearly a year...
AndyRossy

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 09:32:28 PM

How has such a thread got so many replies?
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 09:37:56 PM

Edit:

Its not a virus, company is registered under proper UK law, no way in hell they would operate as a ponzi while being registered with actual offices. If this is a registered company and its a ponzi then there is bigger problems than all the shit being flinged in this thread.

I don't know about registering a company in the UK but I the Netherlands it's very easy and restricted to paying a fee and filing out a form. I doubt it is different in the UK.

Edit:

And the company is dormant for being overdue to extend their enlistment:

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/653621265522f6a3f8b4937cde05b083/compdetails
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 09:43:56 PM

3) I know exactly what he is doing, how he does it and why.  It is not a ponzi. It is a a legit business taking advantage of a rare economic opportunity that was just explained to you better and more detail than I have seen anywhere else.

Seems like we are past the denial / drank the kool-aid theory.

BurtW - you know exactly what you are doing - it's shameful and I hate you for doing it.  You are knowingly defrauding many users, making a small profit yourself, and helping the largest BTC scammer ever run a scam. 

I hope you get Dox'd / wish I met you to take a pic.
So that justifies hating him for it?

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
556j

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 10:00:42 PM

how can u even compare pirate's scheme to an obvious ponzi? pirate has nowhere near the rates of a real ponzi and no ponzi lasts for nearly a year...

Madoff paid ~11% per year. He ran his for over 30 years. You haven't a clue what you're talking about.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 10:06:27 PM

Without wanting to detract or trying to correct anything else from the other posts, could you please update the OP for PPT.x.  Burt is no longer an owner after I purchased the core shares of the five founders last week.  It continues as a ring-fenced operation separate from my personal and Starfish BCB business.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 10:18:15 PM

Not that Micon cares about being accurate, but EIEIO specifically states it is in mining.  It has been in my signature for ages.  To claim I don't disclose what I do is just wrong.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 10:51:18 PM

Actually:

Charles Ponzi offered rates of about 2600% APR, so BS&T's rates are a bit higher than the original ponzi.
Berni Madoff's ponzi ran for about 40 years.

Micon here is something for you to get a huge hissyfit over: https://geniuscapital.biz

3.3% daily compounded interest, registered UK company, Now what big boy ?
-Company proposed to be struck off the register by companies house and shown as "Dormant".
-Overdue by four months in submitting accounts.
-Registered address is a mail-forwarding and safe-deposit box business in london.
-Has a specific Financial Services Authority warning: http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/pdf/genius-international.pdf
-Offers comission for those bringing in new deposits.

Seems legit.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 11:16:58 PM

The real Ponzi offered to double clients' money in 100 days.  That works out at:

Code:
>>> 100*(2.0**(7.0/100)-1)

4.97 percent per week.

That's pretty much the same as Pirate's rates.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 11:21:53 PM

-Company proposed to be struck off the register by companies house and shown as "Dormant".
-Registered address is a mail-forwarding and safe-deposit box business in london.
-Has a specific Financial Services Authority warning: http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/pdf/genius-international.pdf

Seems legit.

And yet Clipse seems to be sure it's legit:

no way in hell they would operate as a ponzi while being registered with actual offices. If this is a registered company and its a ponzi then there is bigger problems than all the shit being flinged in this thread.

Why would anyone invest with BS&T when obviously legit companies like this are offering a safe 3.3% per day?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Clipse

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 11:36:30 PM

Seems legit.

And yet Clipse seems to be sure it's legit:

no way in hell they would operate as a ponzi while being registered with actual offices. If this is a registered company and its a ponzi then there is bigger problems than all the shit being flinged in this thread.

Why would anyone invest with BS&T when obviously legit companies like this are offering a safe 3.3% per day?

Sorry sarcasm doesnt reflect good on the internet and with all the dung beetles in this thread its even harder with all the stuck up people on a witch hunt.

I was about to spend a couple of minutes typing out a long reply but it just aint worth it.

Frankie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 12:46:17 AM

Wait, what was the point of posting that link? Is this some sort of criticism of OP for not dropping every job and hobby and spend all of this time on the internet crusading against Ponzi schemes the world over? I really don't understand.

In any event, can we have less ad hominems, eh?
Frankie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 12:49:44 AM

Both assertions are false.

People really need to understand that Ponzi schemes are not rare, and Pirate's would not be an unusual one by any dimension.
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 03:48:58 AM

One of pirate's business partners has a registered business...

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Unknown/Unknown/gpumax-technologies-llc/101278778.aspx
Zach Nakaska - Managing Member
Trendon Shavers - Managing Member
Michael Thalasinos - Managing Member
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/michael-thalasinos/54/a8/396
President/Owner
Jetpack Cayman
"February 2012 – Present (7 months) Grand Cayman"
Searching for "Jetpack Cayman" doesn't turn up much besides a 3 like facebook page and a few videos from a jetpack vendor

This is quite a suspicious place to start a business after launching service that resembles a money laundering scheme (GPUMAX) and one that resembles a ponzi (BTCS&T)

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
hgmichna

Activity: 695

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 08:15:32 AM

We have a funny situation here in this thread. There are two quite distinct groups of people, one relentlessly ponting out the obvious truth, the other consisting of complete idiots who are unable or unwilling to see the truth, even while their noses are continuously pushed into it.

What will the idiots say, once the ultimate proof is out and there is no denying any more?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: