Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:00:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Micon's List of BTC Ponzi Schemes that should not be listed as "Lending"  (Read 119578 times)
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 08:18:15 AM

more FUD

http://web.archive.org/web/20091026234156/http://geocities.com/currintrading/

good to see the smart BTC ppl up in this thread.  u know who you are.

Getchapopcorn ready, the boom is gonna be a fun show.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 08:21:28 AM

how can u even compare pirate's scheme to an obvious ponzi? pirate has nowhere near the rates of a real ponzi and no ponzi lasts for nearly a year...

good chance this is an example of a shill account:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=49687;sa=showPosts

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 08:23:43 AM

so you are going to kick me in the nads before Pirate even though he's stealing $1M+ USD from the BTC community and I'm pointing it out?  

[snip]A LOAD OF BLABBERING[/snip]

Please answer me with all your evidence of him STEALING $1M+ USD as you stated. You dont claim he will steal it, you claimed now that he is currently/allready stealing it in your own words which I have requoted again.

Sorry similar examples doesnt constitute as facts even though it might give you some strange arousal thinking you are the GOTCHA MAN.

If you lack the fundamental command of the english language and dont understand that you expressed his theft as something that allready occurred then you should really hit up books other than poker-related.

PS. Nothing will ever beat your own financial LULZ 500% expected interest within 24hrs on loan that you got scammed for, NOW THATS going down in history as the biggest turd.

Aw man really? "A LOAD OF BLABBERING" ?

citing clear examples from multiple sources vs. Pirateat40's own words drawing extreme similarities, almost to the T?

u got nothing to reply to my actual post full of facts and links?

Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 08:27:19 AM

3) I know exactly what he is doing, how he does it and why.  It is not a ponzi. It is a a legit business taking advantage of a rare economic opportunity that was just explained to you better and more detail than I have seen anywhere else.

Seems like we are past the denial / drank the kool-aid theory.

BurtW - you know exactly what you are doing - it's shameful and I hate you for doing it.  You are knowingly defrauding many users, making a small profit yourself, and helping the largest BTC scammer ever run a scam. 

I hope you get Dox'd / wish I met you to take a pic.
So that justifies hating him for it?

yes, I hate those doing intentional harm to my beloved bitcoin in order to make a quick, dishonest buck like yourself.  You pray on the naive and are doing evil, not good.

I am not the law, but I represent justice.  I hope you are also Dox'd, running your bullshit DankBank ponzi is bullshit too.  Unless you are financing drug sales, at which point you may be sustainable.  If anyone ever posts a drug-growing-silkroad-selling bond or investment op, I want to see some pix of the plants. 

Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 09:58:07 AM

so you are going to kick me in the nads before Pirate even though he's stealing $1M+ USD from the BTC community and I'm pointing it out?  

[snip]A LOAD OF BLABBERING[/snip]

Please answer me with all your evidence of him STEALING $1M+ USD as you stated. You dont claim he will steal it, you claimed now that he is currently/allready stealing it in your own words which I have requoted again.

Sorry similar examples doesnt constitute as facts even though it might give you some strange arousal thinking you are the GOTCHA MAN.

If you lack the fundamental command of the english language and dont understand that you expressed his theft as something that allready occurred then you should really hit up books other than poker-related.

PS. Nothing will ever beat your own financial LULZ 500% expected interest within 24hrs on loan that you got scammed for, NOW THATS going down in history as the biggest turd.

Aw man really? "A LOAD OF BLABBERING" ?

citing clear examples from multiple sources vs. Pirateat40's own words drawing extreme similarities, almost to the T?

u got nothing to reply to my actual post full of facts and links?

You pointed out zero facts of him stealing any money, again please try to point me to evidence that he is stealing money. Those ponzi scheme examples is just that examples and not facts. Again I didnt expect you to understand the difference with your narrow view over anything.

You are afterall the 500% interest man and I am sure you must have been burned even more than that before cause that is just fucking gullable.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Ilikeham

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 01:38:06 PM

I am not the law, but I represent justice. 

Cheesy  Cheesy

Love this line... it's like something right out of a comic book. If you're supposed to be the superhero to Pirate's super villain, you have the cheesy lines for it. I give you full credit there.

This is money, if you want people to take you seriously then act more like an accountant than the crazy street preacher in down town San Francisco. As it is, you're just regurgitating what much more reliable and reasonable membership have already said.

It's just that when you say it, in my mind I see a spandex body suit and steam coming out of your ears with a thought bubble containing your blurb.

Geez, if I were Pirate I'd invent you as my nemesis.
cst

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

The Cosmos doesn't care about you.

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 02:22:33 PM

Cheesy  Cheesy

Love this line... it's like something right out of a comic book. If you're supposed to be the superhero to Pirate's super villain, you have the cheesy lines for it. I give you full credit there.

This is money, if you want people to take you seriously then act more like an accountant than the crazy street preacher in down town San Francisco. As it is, you're just regurgitating what much more reliable and reasonable membership have already said.

It's just that when you say it, in my mind I see a spandex body suit and steam coming out of your ears with a thought bubble containing your blurb.

Geez, if I were Pirate I'd invent you as my nemesis.

Hehehe, my thoughts exactly Smiley this guy is hilarious.
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 02:58:53 PM

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 03:37:26 PM

Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 04:30:56 PM

It's a shame really, because it's a relevant issue he's trying to bring up. It's just his way of bringing it up that's totally wrong  Cheesy
Ilikeham

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 04:44:07 PM

It's a shame really, because it's a relevant issue he's trying to bring up. It's just his way of bringing it up that's totally wrong  Cheesy

Yep you nailed right on the head. But anyhow; knowledgeable and relevant members have pointed out this same issue with quite well seasoned and reasoned logic.

People do listen, they just wonder if they can jump off the train with their lotto winnings before it derails OR they simply believe it's a long shot gamble and don't care if they lose and some just plainly believe it's a legit business.

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 04:45:41 PM

Clipse is simply waging "go and prove a negative" campain. Safe to ignore him, he is blabbering utter illogical nonsense.

(It seems 80% of population of this board could use some logic 101)

-
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 04:48:59 PM

I'd agree; both sides seem to blabber a bunch without any real logic.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 05:48:19 PM

Yep you nailed right on the head. But anyhow; knowledgeable and relevant members have pointed out this same issue with quite well seasoned and reasoned logic.

People do listen, they just wonder if they can jump off the train with their lotto winnings before it derails OR they simply believe it's a long shot gamble and don't care if they lose and some just plainly believe it's a legit business.

And some accept it is a case of Schrodinger's cat with an associated probability distribution. Like every decision in life it is a case of weighing risk and reward and making a decision.
peasant

Activity: 272

Cryptopreneur

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 05:50:45 PM

If it's a ponzi there's no way of knowing until it goes bust, unless the accused wish to be more transparent about things. Those deposits also seem to not be guaranteed in most cases. Only time will tell it seems.
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 06:30:26 PM

not so fun for those who lose their money, including those who ran or profited from the ponzi too: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jordanmaglich/2012/08/08/murder-suicide-at-center-of-potential-245-million-south-african-ponzi-scheme/
Clipse

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 06:32:43 PM

Clipse is simply waging "go and prove a negative" campain. Safe to ignore him, he is blabbering utter illogical nonsense.

That is rich coming from the self proclaimed security expert, part owner of a near vapourware magazine(still waiting for issue 2 in coming soon 2013, and Serial orsom ASIC uberbusiness which all tend to hyped up beyond voodoo dolls.

Im not waging anything nor did I start this stupid thread. I am being logical and realistic and asking him to prove his so-called facts but I wouldnt expect anything other than your dull response considering your track record in this forum and your own hyped up bullshit.

If he is purely speculating that its a ponzi he should name it as such, thats not what he is doing here and I am still waiting for the evidence for his facts.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Clipse

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 06:35:52 PM

not so fun for those who lose their money, including those who ran or profited from the ponzi too: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jordanmaglich/2012/08/08/murder-suicide-at-center-of-potential-245-million-south-african-ponzi-scheme/

Interesting, seems that happened in my backyard(so to speak).

Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 08:39:07 PM

If it's a ponzi there's no way of knowing until it goes bust, unless the accused wish to be more transparent about things. Those deposits also seem to not be guaranteed in most cases. Only time will tell it seems.
You can prove that it's not a ponzi if it has a known revenue source outside collecting new deposits that would allow it to pay the rates that it does.
In the absence of one of those...
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 09:09:50 PM

You can prove that it's not a ponzi if it has a known revenue source outside collecting new deposits that would allow it to pay the rates that it does.
In the absence of one of those...

Several alternate revenue streams have been pointed out repeatedly.

There's no way to prove or disprove their existence and capital movement without revealing more information, but doing so might reduce the competitiveness of BTCS&T. That's the same situation that exists with the inability of proving or disproving a Ponzi. In the end, everything may be legitimate and Pirate might still decide to simply run off with everything regardless of whether it's a Ponzi or not.

Micon is his own worst enemy even beyond being emotionally unstable, as his actions only benefit Pirate in the following ways:
  • Sporadic, unorganized withdrawals simply allow a Ponzi to continue operating
  • Withdrawals allow for continued legitimate operations to provide an elevated return for a longer time before market saturation slows growth

Either way, whomever maintains a deposit (that has already doubled and the principal withdrawn) wins because the risk of default is reduced while returns persist.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: