Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:15:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382129 times)
lafona

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 11:01:57 PM

So is this live? Can one sell storage space for coins yet? I happen to have a couple of extra terahash I could enjoy a small profit on.
Has there been a build for the raspberry pi? It would be a big saver in electric and justhost hard drives through usb adapters, if so could someone link it?

Yes, it is live and you can sell your space for siacoins now.
Great, now I just need a build for the pi! If that exist then were all set and I am psyched!
I have been hosting on my pi for a week or so without any issues. I used the arm version of the CLI download on the site.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
riskyfire

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 11:38:40 PM

How do I fix the host / announce error?

Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 11:40:26 PM

There are no peers on this network.
Anyone got a peerlist ?
Try my address:
87.153.207.44:9981

Schleicher

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 11:43:48 PM

TCP ports 9981 and 9982 have to be reachable from the outside.
Usually you have to configure your router / your firewall

riskyfire

Activity: 275

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 11:55:57 PM

TCP ports 9981 and 9982 have to be reachable from the outside.
Usually you have to configure your router / your firewall

The ports appear to be open? I'm not sure of the problem

I used sudo netstat -tulpn

tcp6       0      0 :::9981                 :::*                    LISTEN      8704/siad       
tcp6       0      0 :::9982                 :::*                    LISTEN      8704/siad       
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5353            0.0.0.0:*                     

TerraMaster

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:58:19 AM

So is this live? Can one sell storage space for coins yet? I happen to have a couple of extra terahash I could enjoy a small profit on.
Has there been a build for the raspberry pi? It would be a big saver in electric and justhost hard drives through usb adapters, if so could someone link it?

Yes, it is live and you can sell your space for siacoins now.
Great, now I just need a build for the pi! If that exist then were all set and I am psyched!
I have been hosting on my pi for a week or so without any issues. I used the arm version of the CLI download on the site.
Do you have any active contracts showing yet? and are you using Estimated Competitive Price (ECP) of 1 SC? And any SIA income from it?  Grin

Just curious  Wink

BTC:1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Bradfrogger2

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:22:49 AM

I had no luck with the port forwarding also. I think this is a poorly implemented coin with things done in ridiculous ways. Wishes of success to those who stick with it. I haven't the patience or time for these kind of fix the shite as we go bs.

TerraMaster

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:30:33 AM

I had no luck with the port forwarding also. I think this is a poorly implemented coin with things done in ridiculous ways. Wishes of success to those who stick with it. I haven't the patience or time for these kind of fix the shite as we go bs.
You have to port forward within you DSL modem etc., how are you connected to the internet?

Bradfrogger2

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:34:29 AM

You have to port forward within you DSL modem etc., how are you connected to the internet?

Sorry, done with this.

TerraMaster

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:38:34 AM

Sorry, done with this.
Well why are you still here then?  Smiley was just trying to help. ok

EDIT: My post from earlier
Just got off the phone again with my ISP and the needed ports are definitely opened to my SIA Hosting server. Had to clear my DSL modem (pin hole trick) then they forwarded the ports to the attached device based on mac address and the dedicated IP to it. Permanently programed now. Smiley Also, If I add a second server I will need to contact them again to open the ports again for that new device. (2nd server) and so forth.

This is just what it took for me with my ISP and hardware for hosting SIA. Results may vary lol

I got the big green check mark when announcing my hosting  Smiley

500 Gb @ 1 SC/Gb/Month

Bradfrogger2

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:08:35 AM

Sorry, done with this.

Just got off the phone again with my ISP and the needed ports are definitely opened to my SIA Hosting server. Had to clear my DSL modem (pin hole trick) then they forwarded the ports to the attached device based on mac address and the dedicated IP to it. Permanently programed now. Smiley Also, If I add a second server I will need to contact them again to open the ports again for that new device. (2nd server) and so forth.

This is just what it took for me with my ISP and hardware for hosting SIA. Results may vary lol

500 Gb @ 1 SC/Gb/Month

C'mon, you have to admit that this coin execution is silly. Nobody goes about it this way. Do you like this? Maybe you do, but I don't. I think this is ludicrous, and I have been involved with dozens of coin launches. Why am I still here? Because I felt that this coin had a future. If things continue to be done in stupid ways, then it has no future.

grandpa_seth

Activity: 316

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:11:13 AM

Sorry, done with this.

500 Gb @ 1 SC/Gb/Month

Don't take it seriously. He's joking. He tried to transfer his testnet coins to main, that speaks for itself.

Yes Sia is a joke and very poorly implemented. It is a pyramid scheme. You should throw your hard drive space to the
other working storage coins. Oh wait....................
Bradfrogger2

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:13:11 AM

Sorry, done with this.

500 Gb @ 1 SC/Gb/Month

Don't take it seriously. He's joking. He tried to transfer his testnet coins to main, that speaks for itself.

Yes Sia is a joke and very poorly implemented. It is a pyramid scheme. You should throw your hard drive space to the
other working storage coins. Oh wait....................

And you are being an a-hole too.

grandpa_seth

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:13:55 AM

Sorry, done with this.

500 Gb @ 1 SC/Gb/Month

C'mon, you have to admit that this coin execution is silly. Nobody goes about it this way. Do you like this? Maybe you do, but I don't. I think this is ludicrous, and I have been involved with dozens of coin launches. Why am I still here? Because I felt that this coin had a future. If things continue to be done in stupid ways, then it has no future.

That is because you are used to following toy coins that are clones with no original code. That is why they run well from the start.
I wish i could feel sorry for you but I don't. You are an ignorant fool.
Bradfrogger2

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:17:08 AM

Sorry, done with this.

500 Gb @ 1 SC/Gb/Month

That is because you are used to following toy coins that are clones with no original code. That is why they run well from the start.

What an intelligent post you made. Grow up.

grandpa_seth

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:19:39 AM

Sorry, done with this.

500 Gb @ 1 SC/Gb/Month

I refuse to grow up in a world where someone who puts blame on an innovative coin and the people behind it because they tried to
make his testnet coins real. Doy!
Bradfrogger2

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:24:18 AM

Sorry, done with this.

500 Gb @ 1 SC/Gb/Month

I refuse to grow up in a world where someone who puts blame on an innovative coin and the people behind it because they tried to
make his testnet coins real. Doy!

Thanks for the personal attack on the last post. You have been reported.

grandpa_seth

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:28:36 AM

Cry Cry Cry

Fix Sia's poorly implemented problems and I'll apologize.
Taek (OP)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:14:09 AM

Let's try to keep it friendly, some people are having a lot more problems than others.

(btw I'm a dev, I'd like to understand the problems with our system so we can implement them intelligently)

Sorry, done with this.

What problem exactly are you having? Do you have 0 peers? If you do, you should update your software and restart Sia. If you still have 0 peers, it means that nobody can connect to you, and this is a strange problem.

If you can't forward your ports, it might be because your router or ISP have some strange configurations and our software just doesn't understand how to deal with it. It's unfortunate that we can't get it working for everybody yet, but we're only 2 people and NAT transversal is a really complicated and nasty problem. I would encourage you to try again in 3 months, after we've had a few more iterations.

We're very new to running live software, and we ask for you to be patient with all of the bugs. We're still refining our testing process, still refining our quality control, and at this point felt it was more important to have something out the door  than to have something perfect out the door. Even if we had taken more time, we probably wouldn't have predicted at least 70% of the problems that you guys are having. We're just inexperienced when it comes to software deployment.

That said, we've learned a boatload from this first week, and we expect our next major version (0.4.0) to be a lot smoother. There will still probably be problems, especially if the number of users goes up dramatically, but we will continue to refine our process. (We're also in the process of expanding our team. 'we're only two guys' isn't going to be true for much longer).
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 03:32:50 AM

Let's try to keep it friendly, some people are having a lot more problems than others.

(btw I'm a dev, I'd like to understand the problems with our system so we can implement them intelligently)

Sorry, done with this.

What problem exactly are you having? Do you have 0 peers? If you do, you should update your software and restart Sia. If you still have 0 peers, it means that nobody can connect to you, and this is a strange problem.

If you can't forward your ports, it might be because your router or ISP have some strange configurations and our software just doesn't understand how to deal with it. It's unfortunate that we can't get it working for everybody yet, but we're only 2 people and NAT transversal is a really complicated and nasty problem. I would encourage you to try again in 3 months, after we've had a few more iterations.

We're very new to running live software, and we ask for you to be patient with all of the bugs. We're still refining our testing process, still refining our quality control, and at this point felt it was more important to have something out the door  than to have something perfect out the door. Even if we had taken more time, we probably wouldn't have predicted at least 70% of the problems that you guys are having. We're just inexperienced when it comes to software deployment.

That said, we've learned a boatload from this first week, and we expect our next major version (0.4.0) to be a lot smoother. There will still probably be problems, especially if the number of users goes up dramatically, but we will continue to refine our process. (We're also in the process of expanding our team. 'we're only two guys' isn't going to be true for much longer).

taek - had i the coding skills - i would have liked to jump on board to make it 3 guys ...

sadly i dont have the coding skills required ...

what we do have are miners - infrastructure - a zeal for innovative and forward thinking projects not just coins ...

so if there is anything that our infrastructure can help with - or i can do in any way - let me know ... and i will certainly try and get things organized if it is humanly possible ...

keep up the great work - it will be a great day when we all finally see the finished and polished product ...

till then - all those that are interested in the project ( not just the coin ) will continue to follow and test and troubleshoot ...

i do feel the frustration that bradfrogger has - i too had many a hair pulling time with it all ...

our infrastructure here is far from 'standard' infrastructure so it has caused a great deal of frustration and we had to find workarounds - with still no major success ... so no mining for us - for now ...

but we DO have storage space and DO have the infrastructure and are willing to work with you and the community ...

good things take time - isnt that how the saying goes? ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: