Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:52:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646773 times)
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:37:31 AM

@anonymint has written a comprehensive blog analyzing the extant projects and consensus ledger designs.
This exemplifies the depth of his research and expertise, as well pretty much points out that
there's nothing yet published in our industry which can achieve all three of: scalability, security, and decentralization.

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@anonymint/scaling-decentralization-security-of-distributed-ledgers
very good thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:45:25 PM

Note that the blog has been expanded considerably covering many more crypto projects.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:42:27 PM

he should review my dag implementation in syscoin called zdag
Traxo

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:50:28 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2018, 12:47:07 AM by Traxo

@anonymint has split the recent blog into two parts because it exceeded the maximum length in bytes of a Steemit blog.
Part 2 now has a more complete explanation and analysis of how Byteball works which was extracted and improved from his CRED 2016 whitepaper rough draft.
Also an analysis of Hashgraph will be added:

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@anonymint/scaling-decentralization-security-of-distributed-ledgers-part-2

And he wrote another blog comment about Armstrong's most recent statements about cryptobugs:
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@anonymint/re-anonymint-re-goldgoatsnguns-re-anonymint-re-anonymint-re-anonymint-bitcoin-rises-because-land-is-becoming-worthless-20180530t072709599z

Armstrong doesn't forsee the epochal shift away from tangible assets.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:55:18 PM

as per armstrong, Bitcoin can never become a “world currency” for it is highly questionable whether or not any electronic form of money can become a true “world currency” when more than half the world does not even have a bank account.

Can you say non sequitur? Sure. I knew you could.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Traxo

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:52:10 AM

And he wrote another blog comment about Armstrong's most recent statements about cryptobugs:
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@anonymint/re-anonymint-re-goldgoatsnguns-re-anonymint-re-anonymint-re-anonymint-bitcoin-rises-because-land-is-becoming-worthless-20180530t072709599z

Armstrong doesn't forsee the epochal shift away from tangible assets.

@anonymint wrote another blog comment about Armstrong's most recent statements about cryptobugs.
Seems Armstrong is very pissed off by @anonymint’s recent rebuttals?

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@anonymint/re-anonymint-re-anonymint-re-goldgoatsnguns-re-anonymint-re-anonymint-re-anonymint-bitcoin-rises-because-land-is-becoming-worthless-20180531t114147360z
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1246
Merit: 356

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:16:18 PM

I like Martin Armstrong discussion because it talks about the way they've do and fight what is right and its very promising and interesting. I hope some people will do the same way that's very nice statement. As much as i know there are many blogs that martin do but i don't know where to look it. If you want more update about him then you can study and research it.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
NELSONHillz

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:24:31 PM

It is beneath documented since the folks do not already realise they are Marxists, it is the norm.Â
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 03:53:54 AM

glad he finally realized the relationship between ideal money and bitcoin
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:35:04 AM

Been away from bitcointalk for a while because of our move which has been very complicated and burdensome.

I am pleased that anonymint has been active in exploring his ideas as well as debating Armstrong. 

Does our man S. still agree with much of Armstrong's other ideas?

Any of you (Traxo?) who still might be in contact with him, please pass along my best wishes.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 04:40:26 PM

Any of you (Traxo?) who still might be in contact with him, please pass along my best wishes.

Best wishes reciprocated:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4480392.msg40639721#msg40639721

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg40644455#msg40644455

The knowledge age is a decentralization phenomenon which thus lowers political complexity.

[…]

Relatively speaking @r0ach, you will be slaughtered over the next decade if you don’t sell that tinfoil and buy crypto. Crypto maximalists do not like gold and silver anymore.

However, Armstrong claims we’re also in the third instance of sixth 309 year wave with declining solar output and civilization collapse ahead:

2032 - How Hard Do We Fall?

Merited.  Your material has always been of high quality and of real intellectual interest.

Even if I like gold as well as my BTC and BCH!
Inspiretk

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:51:34 AM

@Anonymint I think your last sentence is harsh "If your Socrates computer is unable to pick up on this epochal shift then there is something deficient in your algorithm."

I agree with most of your thinking, but don't talk bad about Socrates. Martin is doing his best to get his Socrate to roll out with the new version. DONT knock Socrates.

Socrates: ...software-as-a-service platform providing access to charts, potential trends and unique perspective intended to educate users on the impact of capital flows, political events and cyclical patterns have on global economies and financial markets.

Also, Martin is entitled to his opinion. He states many times he is not the answer to everything. That's why he created Socrates, so the computer states what the facts are.

I disagree with Martin with regarding Bitcoin. I think Bitcoin is the future, but it's still in it's early stages, and you don't know what will happen in the future as this is a completely new technology. Martin putting bitcoin into Socrates is a great indicator. At least Martin is keeping an eye on it now. Let him have his opinion, but keep your cools.

Regarding Martin's Readers, let them follow Martin the way they want. I agree with you that Martin should be talk about bitcoin in a better light, but Martin is old school. You can't convince everybody about bitcoin. They will learn in their own time.

Summary: I agree with you regarding bitcoin and the future, and even on decentralised ledgers. I really do agree with you, and I believe you are right, you're spot on the money. But you are really harsh against Martin, why? He is entitled to his own opinion. Martin is old school, even if he is a programmer, I dont think he understands what bitcoin is all about, but you don't need to trash the guy so much.
Inspiretk

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:14:31 AM

if he studied history so much and was so smart he would have foreseen the epochal shift towards trustlessness and associated with the ecm model where trust gets away from central bodies like governments. He surely must have seen it from.a mile away when he first read about blockchain? Maybe hes not that smart. I would think he would be a large advocate for crypto knowing what he reportedly knows.
Everybody can't be smart at everything. I don't know why he can't see it coming. I asked him to do an analysis on the history of money, and when's the next turning point of money - He hasn't replied. I think he's just really busy with his current work, and bitcoin doesn't interest him as it's new. He's more into history as that's his passion.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:58:13 AM

if he studied history so much and was so smart he would have foreseen the epochal shift towards trustlessness and associated with the ecm model where trust gets away from central bodies like governments. He surely must have seen it from.a mile away when he first read about blockchain? Maybe hes not that smart. I would think he would be a large advocate for crypto knowing what he reportedly knows.
Everybody can't be smart at everything. I don't know why he can't see it coming. I asked him to do an analysis on the history of money, and when's the next turning point of money - He hasn't replied. I think he's just really busy with his current work, and bitcoin doesn't interest him as it's new. He's more into history as that's his passion.
so it just makes him one less person to put any time an effort into
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:46:19 AM

Anyone of you guys following syscoin on binance? lol

Welcome back shelby Smiley

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Inspiretk

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 12:31:11 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Can anyone talk to him and get him to understand his foolishness?
You can walk a horse to water, but you can't force him to drink.

I too saw that article and my blood boiled. You just have to let it go and think of him as a devils advocate. See his side of the story. Remember the story of Kodak and the digital cameras; telephone and the internet. What you see is an old industry going down the toilet and a new industry gaining power. Bitcoin will be like the internet and the old financial system will be like the telephone. The internet has caught up to money, and is taking over and improving it.

I don't know why Martin can't see it. Just let the man be. Nobody can be 100% correct. I have a feeling Martin don't really understand what bitcoin is about. That's why he thinks the way he thinks. He is very old school in his thinking. He thinks the current system will stop bitcoin. What he don't understand is the current system CAN'T stop bitcoin, and bitcoin will make the current system whither and adapt to the new system.

It's not insanity, or foolish pride - I believe it's just his version of reality. He hasn't understand what bitcoin is, and that's why he's the way he is. Hopefully he'll understand one day, that you don't need to convert bitcoin to fiat and that's a whole new system.
Cinemo

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:58:16 AM

Martin Armstrong is a financial, well, forecaster might be the right term, who has written extensively on historical patterns of economics.

He has a checkered past (I know that he went to jail for contempt of court, but what I have read it seems that was an injustice), but there is no doubt that he has introduced new concepts for us to read and analyze.  While in jail, he produced a number of interesting papers looking at asset prices through history, including from ANCIENT history.  He is one of the few who looks at cyclicality (time patterns) as well as a MACRO view of the markets (that is, he does not look at the price of gold alone, he looks at everything else too -- with a supercomputer).

He is now out of jail and has set-up shop as a macro-consulting company.  On most days (including today, Saturday) he publishes a few easy-to-digest items looking at various issues of the day.  His blog:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/armstrong_economics_blog

What finally moved me today to start this thread is his post was his very interesting piece (from today) "Money -- Credit -- Debt & Derivatives".  It looks like derivatives are as old as money itself (maybe older!), take a look at the article:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/archives/31401

I have been in various threads here at the forum where Armstrong's material has come up.

I look forward to reading your views on his ideas, and his proposed solutions (also controversial).
Cause we all have a dream that they can do to become the future. Cause bitcoin is our cryptocurrencies are now is not true, typically don't think yes!! I support cryptocurrency not capitalism, the right to become a new comment your savings is invest it in a countries economy. I even the market
Inspiretk

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 12:09:26 AM

... The Monthly Arrays showed it to be in February. I can post the predictions and the dates for them. I can provide tons of correct calls with proof, for this year, if anyone wants to see them; they are available for pretty much any month. This includes not only timing, but Reversal numbers as well, which have shown to be accurate. There is also a place where I found a daytrading backtest that someone uses but I saw an article where both Armstrong and the questioner agree that although it is accurate, it is not meant to be used in that fashion. I do trade with real money with them, and his next prediction according to the Weekly Arrays is that, next week, the Euro should produce a high (on the weekly level) on an intraday or closing basis. The week after that, according to his Arrays, shows up as high volatility. The rising trend in Composite peaks next week and drops off the week after, lining up with high volatility...
I'm also testing his socrates with money, not much but a little bit. Half luck success so far. Where do you go to find the arrays part? I'm only on the free trial. I still don't fully know how to use socrates. Before I was reading the text each day, didn't really understand. Now I look at the colours each day. Even though it's monthly, I've noticed it changes during the month to whatever suits.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:33:45 PM

... The Monthly Arrays showed it to be in February. I can post the predictions and the dates for them. I can provide tons of correct calls with proof, for this year, if anyone wants to see them; they are available for pretty much any month. This includes not only timing, but Reversal numbers as well, which have shown to be accurate. There is also a place where I found a daytrading backtest that someone uses but I saw an article where both Armstrong and the questioner agree that although it is accurate, it is not meant to be used in that fashion. I do trade with real money with them, and his next prediction according to the Weekly Arrays is that, next week, the Euro should produce a high (on the weekly level) on an intraday or closing basis. The week after that, according to his Arrays, shows up as high volatility. The rising trend in Composite peaks next week and drops off the week after, lining up with high volatility...
I'm also testing his socrates with money, not much but a little bit. Half luck success so far. Where do you go to find the arrays part? I'm only on the free trial. I still don't fully know how to use socrates. Before I was reading the text each day, didn't really understand. Now I look at the colours each day. Even though it's monthly, I've noticed it changes during the month to whatever suits.

Socrates is not meant to be used like that at all. See this guide: https://imgur.com/a/XjmXL written by a reddit user. I remember taking it seriously after he was the only one who had posted proof of entering a short position through deeeeeeep OTM puts just after the late January gap down. Arrays are posted on the Private Blog

How much do you pay for it?

Im interested to see what he says about FAANG - is the bubble bursting soon?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Inspiretk

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:09:21 AM

... Socrates is not meant to be used like that at all. See this guide: https://imgur.com/a/XjmXL written by a reddit user. I remember taking it seriously after he was the only one who had posted proof of entering a short position through deeeeeeep OTM puts just after the late January gap down. Arrays are posted on the Private Blog
Thanks for this link! I'll read it and learn it. I'm also taking Armstrong seriously when he called the top of bitcoin. When he called the bottom, I'm also following it. So far I think the bottom was at the end of June, so he's very accurate. I hear rumours that SEC removed barriers for ETF - so anybody can start ETF, the basic level. Not sure if it's real, but so far nobody's started yet so still following the news. I've found that article, its here: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-sec-etf/u-s-securities-regulator-unveils-proposal-to-ease-etf-approvals-idUSKBN1JO2EV

Could be a winner, we'll see.
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: