Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:43:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646778 times)
Gumbi
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 03:18:56 PM

On Wheat futures The week of May 06 2019 we elected a weekly bearish reversal at 426. we have another weekly bearish at 424.10, 422.3 and 419.10 which was providing support, the market tested but did not elect them, so clearly you did not use the Pro service here since you are only talking about 1 weekly bearish.
There is pure black and white there is zero ambiguity here so the mistake is clearly on your side not the reversal system.

After the fact. In other scenarios with support as you say, with weekly reversals elected but other weekly reversals below as support, you would not have traded them, the market would have rushed through support and you would have missed the opportunity. There are no black and white rules as you say, and that is the problem.

No you would not of traded them because you have no idea what you are doing but I certainty would have with a stop loss just below you have almost zero risk in this case. What are you are even talking about the week of the 6th closed at 424 you have all the time in the world. and you should really only buy/sell on a closing basis. You see you just so desperately want this model to be wrong because otherwise you will have to come to the sad conclusion that it is you who has failed and instead of taking responsibility and learning from your mistakes its easier to just blame it on the model. It does not get much more black and white than the reversal system

I am actually quite pissed I missed this trade which was very easy to see but you need the confidence to pull the trigger.

@DanB1

yes I can and will Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AnonymousCoder

Activity: 580
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 03:45:07 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:43:49 PM by AnonymousCoder

The Wheat Trade

There are a few questions to ask here.

1) If that was an obvious trade to make (trading the low and going long), then why did Socrates not emit a bullish reversal. In other words, the Socrates system is stupid.

2) If as claimed, the knowledge required to IGNORE the bad elected weekly bullish reversal is only available in the pro version, then one should not buy ANY version below the pro version because the pro version traders would be trading against you.

Conclusion: Do only buy the pro version, because anything else is rubbish, and keep in mind that it will take years to master the pro version because the system is going to give you wrong signals that only after years of learning you will be able to ignore.

Meanwhile you will be broke from paying the subscription and from the depletion of your trading account.

Also, you will notice that midstream before can reach your goal, the cherished services will no longer be available because such type of business based on fraud has an expiry date like a rotten tomato.

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

Read this blog starting here to find out more about computerized fraud.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.

Every single defrauded person should report their case, see Where and how to complain
Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 04:06:54 PM

The Wheat Trade

There are a few questions to ask here.

1) If that was an obvious trade to make (trading the low and going long), then why did Socrates not emit a bullish reversal. In other words, the Socrates system is stupid.

2) If as claimed, the knowledge required to IGNORE the bad elected weekly bullish reversal is only available in the pro version, then one should not buy ANY version below the pro version because the pro version traders would be trading against you.

Conclusion: Do only buy the pro version, because anything else is rubbish, and keep in mind that it will take years to master the pro version because the system is going to give you wrong signals that only after years of learning you will be able to ignore.

Meanwhile you will be broke from paying the subscription and from the depletion of your trading account.

Also, you will notice that midstream before can reach your goal, the cherished services will no longer be available because such type of business has an expiry date like a rotten tomato.

I'm sure the system did produce a what if bullish reversal from that low but we don't have
Access to that just yet since they are still in the process of updating their site, we only launched in 2019.

The reversal system simply shows key areas of support and resistance so it's really that simple. If the market penetrates key areas of support and there is a gap then it is likely to move to the next immediate reversal and this applies intraday and on a closing basis. Buying against reversals is for more advanced users and the array needs to be used as well here for timing.

I agree only the pro version is of any use the rest doesn’t work that well since you can't see the remaining reversals above and below. Only a long term investor should go there. It seem to me you want to short term trade using the basic service which is not its true purpose.

With the Wheat trade the pro service is not giving wrong signals it clearly held support with many weekly bearish reversals below and the month of May did not elect a monthly bearish and May was a turning point with a directional change. The market also held a series of daily reversals which indicated that a bounce was possible.

"depleting your trading account "You are telling me you can't afford 150 dollars a month?

Clearly you have lost so much money using this system but you have nobody to blame but yourself.

MA_talk

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 04:21:54 PM

On Wheat futures The week of May 06 2019 we elected a weekly bearish reversal at 426. we have another weekly bearish at 424.10, 422.3 and 419.10 which was providing support, the market tested but did not elect them, so clearly you did not use the Pro service here since you are only talking about 1 weekly bearish.
There is pure black and white there is zero ambiguity here so the mistake is clearly on your side not the reversal system.

After the fact. In other scenarios with support as you say, with weekly reversals elected but other weekly reversals below as support, you would not have traded them, the market would have rushed through support and you would have missed the opportunity. There are no black and white rules as you say, and that is the problem.

No you would not of traded them because you have no idea what you are doing but I certainty would have with a stop loss just below you have almost zero risk in this case. What are you are even talking about the week of the 6th closed at 424 you have all the time in the world. and you should really only buy/sell on a closing basis. You see you just so desperately want this model to be wrong because otherwise you will have to come to the sad conclusion that it is you who has failed and instead of taking responsibility and learning from your mistakes its easier to just blame it on the model. It does not get much more black and white than the reversal system

I am actually quite pissed I missed this trade which was very easy to see but you need the confidence to pull the trigger.

@DanB1

Please demo.  And please demo on stocks  too, since I don't get quotes on futures, well, unless you mean to say that Armstrong's stuffs don't work on stocks.

And please don't use Armstrong's most typical argument: you need years to learn and master the models, or that you're not intelligent.

People on this forum are software coders, and some have back-tested Armstrong to make claims against Armstrong.

If a trading model takes years to learn, that means that it is SUBJECTIVE to the human learning.  Anything that is not systematic is TOTAL BS.

The fact that you use that argument gives you less credibility, not more.

Please demo using the SAME criteria for buy & sell.  Don't use ad-hoc methods that are subjective.  If a trading method works, then it should work everytime, or at least give you a profit statistically over time.  If you use ad-hoc method, it only demonstrate that you are a good trader, NOT that the methodology works.

And of course, the trades should be posted in real-time, NOT on volatile penny stocks that go over the place.

MA_talk

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 04:37:59 PM

How to help reduce the damage of armstrongeconomics.com and ask-socrates.com ?

I think this blog is a great resource to discuss  Martin Armstrong's methods and record the failures.

However I also think that because of the sequential and unstructured nature of this blog, the impact is perhaps negligible. I mean he has his massive web site, numerous interviews on youtube. If you search for him on google, the results are saturated by his own material.

I feel obligated to spread the truth about him as much as possible because it all looks like a fraud to me now.

How can we get out the word about him faster? I am sure that there are some experts out there who would  be keen to shut him down. Perhaps someone can update wikipedia at least?

That is my goal too.  However, Armstrong is the best con artist, and it took me so many years to figure him out.  Average non-attentive folks can easily be suck in.

I have sent stuffs to more prominent financial websites, but they are too busy to even read my emails.  The reason that I'm posting here is that this thread is one of the top Google search results on "Martin Armstrong fraud".  The problem is that because he went to jail, a lot of search results are on that instead (but hey, I just found out that the result is changing).  In a way, Armstrong's blog is kind of "saved" by that lawsuit.  And search on "Martin Armstrong scam" just gives you his crypto posts.

The problem with this forum thread is that it's too long, and there is no summary, and it's impossible to search on this thread for anything.  I created this site: armstrong ecm scam  .blogspot    .com  (Don't want to put in another link to avoid self-promotion), and anyone who is interested in contributing is welcome.

For a liar like Armstrong, he wants to control the flow of dialog, and manages audience's perception.  It's more psychological than anything else.  That's the obvious reason that he keeps blogging on World War 3, famine, economic crisis, sling-shot, global cooling, anti-government (which is a must obviously, since he was "wrongly put" into jail), etc.

And any futuristic stuffs, he won't forget to mention that his AI is legendary and beyond anyone else's.  He is simply borrowing the halos from the latest AI advances, and add onto his.

If you start to think from Armstrong's perspective, and understand what he wants to achieve, then slowly, you can see through all of his tricks.

In fact, I'm glad that I made a little difference in the world.  When I first joined this forum thread, the discussion was mostly sided with Armstrong.  I tried to be objective and bring facts, and even now, I am totally willing to admit that I'm wrong, if someone can show that to me in a scientific way.  Science advances by being willing to accept and review mistakes and new ideas.  However, Armstrong is "always right", because he never reviews any of his colossal mistakes.  There is no true humility in him, despite of him always trying to appear to be, etc.

Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 05:12:49 PM

@DanB1

Please demo.  And please demo on stocks  too, since I don't get quotes on futures, well, unless you mean to say that Armstrong's stuffs don't work on stocks.

And please don't use Armstrong's most typical argument: you need years to learn and master the models, or that you're not intelligent.

People on this forum are software coders, and some have back-tested Armstrong to make claims against Armstrong.

If a trading model takes years to learn, that means that it is SUBJECTIVE to the human learning.  Anything that is not systematic is TOTAL BS.

The fact that you use that argument gives you less credibility, not more.

Please demo using the SAME criteria for buy & sell.  Don't use ad-hoc methods that are subjective.  If a trading method works, then it should work everytime, or at least give you a profit statistically over time.  If you use ad-hoc method, it only demonstrate that you are a good trader, NOT that the methodology works.

And of course, the trades should be posted in real-time, NOT on volatile penny stocks that go over the place.

All your knowledge is getting in the way of you understanding this model you need to become a student of the markets. And intelligence has nothing to do with knowledge your capacity to see is the problem.
You see the problem is you never thought for a second that you could be wrong your approach is so unscientific you are functioning from belief not from doubt. MA_Talk you clearly have already concluded you are too far gone to realize your mistake
and can your ego really at this point conceive you have been wrong all along after everything you have said and the ugly attacks you have made against the greatest trader of all time Martin Armstrong?

I do not trade stocks this model works best on futures in my opinion and its what I have been trading on.
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 06:36:24 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:43:40 PM by AnonymousCoder

Martin Armstrong is a Sensationalist

Martin promptly wrote a private blog entry about "Gold & The Pop to 1397" "in a burst of strength on the back of war"

There is nothing actionable in this post. The usual blather ending with "Therefore, the closing for June will be very critical" and Full details are provided on the Pro version

President Donald Trump said Thursday that the Iranian shootdown of an American drone may have not have been intentional, but a "mistake" by someone "stupid."

Shooting down unmanned surveillance drones is hardly a war event these days. Did we have an escalation of war after Turkey recently shot down a manned Russian fighter jet, killing the pilots? No.

Sure, Gold is up as we know, but perhaps as much as a side effect of the USD declining, coinciding with Gold touching resistance, which may just have caught short sellers speculating on a reversal. I am not saying whether Gold will rise or fall. I don't know.

So what is this then? I would say:

Promotion of the Socrates Pro version on the back of a Gold Rally and War Hysteria

As he says: Follow the Money!

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.

Every single defrauded person should report their case, see Where and how to complain

Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 10:18:10 PM

Martin promptly wrote a private blog entry about "Gold & The Pop to 1397" "in a burst of strength on the back of war"

There is nothing actionable in this post. The usual blather ending with "Therefore, the closing for June will be very critical" and Full details are provided on the Pro version

President Donald Trump said Thursday that the Iranian shootdown of an American drone may have not have been intentional, but a "mistake" by someone "stupid."

Shooting down unmanned surveillance drones is hardly a war event these days. Did we have an escalation of war after Turkey recently shot down a manned Russian fighter jet, killing the pilots? No.

Sure, Gold is up as we now, but perhaps as much as a side effect of the USD declining, coinciding with Gold touching resistance, which may just have caught short sellers speculating on a reversal. I am not saying whether Gold will rise or fall. I don't know.

Promotion of the Socrates Pro version on the back of a Gold Rally and War Hysteria

If you don't like his services why don't you just piss off and go someplace else. You are the most toxic person I have ever seen on this forum you clearly need someone to blame for all your terrible trades you must of made so instead of hating yourself you conveniently hate Armstrong.
 You actually think it was a mistake shoot down of an american drone how naive are you to actually believe that, that is Trump simply playing politics and trying to ease tensions. What you have just said above is laughable at best you know nothing of geopolitics and you reasons as to why gold is rallying is pretty delusional.

Actually the blog gives pretty black and white answers and its quite scary how you somehow just manage to leave it out key parts in his blog where he states a closing below 1345 will mean that it is not a rally that can be sustained, therefore a closing for June will be critical. You are doing
a great disservice to everyone here to basically making Armstrong look like a fraud when it is you who knows nothing and you clearly has a huge bias against him.

It really is unfortunate but this model requires some skill and common sense on your part in order to work and you clearly want a model that holds your hand and basically trades for you.
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 10:58:58 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:43:31 PM by AnonymousCoder

It really is unfortunate but this model requires some skill and common sense on your part in order to work and you clearly want a model that holds your hand and basically trades for you.

For you we are going to build a pocket calculator that gives 5 different results to choose from.

trulycoined

Activity: 85
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 11:02:28 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2019, 11:36:17 PM by trulycoined

Sure, Gold is up as we now, but perhaps as much as a side effect of the USD declining, coinciding with Gold touching resistance, which may just have caught short sellers speculating on a reversal. I am not saying whether Gold will rise or fall. I don't know.

If you don't like his services why don't you just piss off and go someplace else. You are the most toxic person I have ever seen on this forum you clearly need someone to blame for all your terrible trades you must of made so instead of hating yourself you conveniently hate Armstrong.
 You actually think it was a mistake shoot down of an american drone how naive are you to actually believe that, that is Trump simply playing politics and trying to ease tensions. What you have just said above is laughable at best you know nothing of geopolitics and you reasons as to why gold is rallying is pretty delusional.

Actually the blog gives pretty black and white answers and its quite scary how you somehow just manage to leave it out key parts in his blog where he states a closing below 1345 will mean that it is not a rally that can be sustained, therefore a closing for June will be critical. You are doing
a great disservice to everyone here to basically making Armstrong look like a fraud when it is you who knows nothing and you clearly has a huge bias against him.

@gumbi

In the interests of brevity, can you let this thread know of what significant event happened on pi day, 21 Nov 2018?
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/armstrongeconomics101/ecm-armstrongeconomics101/welcome-to-the-pi-target-day-2018-89/

The next major target of the ECM/Socrates was May 2019, where this article, published before the Rome 2019 WEC in March, did a very good - albeit subtle - job of drumming up hysteria and FOMO:
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/europes-current-economy/financial-political-banking-chaos-in-europe-going-into-may/

MA does an exceptional job of building up hysteria, the crescendo of which is always the MONTH his WEC takes place. Coincidence... Or engineered? Perhaps he's found a solid sales technique in there somewhere?... Or it is just coincidence as the above article about the May meltdown in Europe - that never happened - must have been a typo or a misprint? The Rome WEC was in May. Coincidence?

We have now passed May and there was no financial, political nor banking crisis in Europe. There was no crisis with MA's bank balance, however, which increased by a few hundred thousand dollars courtesy of all those WEC attendees.

In fact, I even wrote on this forum a couple of months ago that I WANTED something significant to happen in May 2019, or my scepticism of MA's forecasts would only increase. And this is from someone who attended his 2018 Orlando WEC, though a large part was to learn the hard way whether he was peddling nonsense or if he really was onto unlocking the keys to the universe. I found it was swinging more towards the former.

I am now waiting for Jan 2020 and if that comes to pass like Nov 2018 and May 2019, then I am done. MA got $2750 of my hard earned, plus a number of $15 payments for Socrates, and out of that i got a slightly better understanding of global socioeconomics, that could have probably been better learnt with $200 of Amazon books. The other thing I got out of it was becoming even more sceptical of the world I live in.

He appears to resemble a cult leader, convinced of his own BS, which is why he has no qualms inventing stuff for more "fame" and income that his hoodwinked followers will happily afford him.

The book Influence by Robert Cialdini; and Trust Us We're Experts by Rampton and Stauber is essential reading to better understand this.

p.s. the latter book (published 2001, some 14 years before MA ramped up his conference, report and Socrates subs retail business) has a chapter that focuses on none other than Martin Armstrong from his dealings back in 1999. Here is an excerpt, let me know if it sounds familiar:

The rich and powerful seem to be no better at seeing through bogus experts than anyone else. In September 1999, the Wall Street Journal announced the arrest of Martin A. Armstrong, charged with bilking Japanese investors out of $950m. "For decades," the Journal reported, "Armstrong sold himself to investors as expert on anything of precious value, from coins minted by the Egyptian pharaohs to turn-of-the-century U.S. stamps, not to mention current-day markets for stocks, bonds, commodities and currencies...

[He] stands accused of using this market-wizard image to conduct one of the most common frauds in the history of modern finance... Armstrong's "self-confident forecasting style" had made him a hit at conferences... Even as his currency deals were losing hundreds of millions... [he] continued to confidently sell himself as a forecaster of market trends, often in language that mocks others mistakes...

Armstrong's reams of investing treatises, many posted on his website, range from the monetary history of Persia to the 'Panic cycle in global capital flows.'... He wasn't shy about promotion.

p.p.s. I can almost guarantee another WEC will be scheduled for January 2020... Probably in Europe again, where MA explained Rome was going to be the "last one ever in Europe" (more classic sales techniques: urgency and scarcity. See Robert Cialdini's book). Failing that, Singapore. As I have previously explained, the only thing I am certain of with MA is his expertise in human psychology. It's like luring mallard's with a duck call. He knows exactly what he is doing.
Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 11:36:12 PM

on  pi day, 21 Nov 2018 I have no idea but found this  which happened that day which was pretty significant

"Here we now have Abu Dhabi filing suit for criminal fraud against Goldman Sachs precisely on the Pi Target of November 21, 2018."
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/corruption/abu-dhabi-file-suit-against-goldman-sachs-for-criminal-fraud/

"We have now passed May and there was no financial, political nor banking crisis in Europe."

The crisis is clearly becoming more and more serious at it is only a matter of time. I would not call that post a prediction at all but clearly tensions are escalating you may be just unaware of such events since there is
so much censorship in the media of the true crisis we are facing so of course Armstrong looks strange but in time you will understand.

"The next major target of the ECM/Socrates was May 2019"

May 2019 is not a ECM date so sorry that's completely incorrect.
trulycoined

View Profile
June 20, 2019, 11:47:35 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2019, 12:02:53 AM by trulycoined

on  pi day, 21 Nov 2018 I have no idea but found this  which happened that day which was pretty significant

"Here we now have Abu Dhabi filing suit for criminal fraud against Goldman Sachs precisely on the Pi Target of November 21, 2018."
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/corruption/abu-dhabi-file-suit-against-goldman-sachs-for-criminal-fraud/

"We have now passed May and there was no financial, political nor banking crisis in Europe."

The crisis is clearly becoming more and more serious at it is only a matter of time. I would not call that post a prediction at all but clearly tensions are escalating you may be just unaware of such events since there is
so much censorship in the media of the true crisis we are facing so of course Armstrong looks strange but in time you will understand.

Yes @gumbi, I could predict this:

And I do not need an AI "machine". Plus, since I - like MA - have not given any firm date on when everything WILL implode, perhaps I can claim on the day it does happen that i "predicted" it? A stopped clock is right twice a day.

All empires rise and fall, and you would have to be a complete cretin to not realise, even at the turn of this century (dotcom bubble/911), that Western Civilisation had peaked and was from there on declining at an ever increasing pace. And if there was any doubt, the financial crisis of 2008 pretty much verified the trajectory of yet another civilisation that is soon to be consigned to the annals of human history.

The 1MBD scandal totalled $6.5 billion. It is completely insignificant on the world stage, where even in the EU - and to quote your own words about censorship, because this is not reported in the mass media - €1 TRILLION of the yearly EU budget is lost to corruption:
https://www.politico.eu/article/corruption-costs-eu-990-billion-year-rand-study-fraud-funding/

So once again, MA is left clutching at straws and unfortunately, so are you.

There is also no denying MA was talking up May 2019 as a significant "turning point". I can't recall if he spoke about it at the 2018 Orlando WEC, but he wrote about it enough times, as my article link proves. And also with hysterical writing, doing his usual play of building up to a crescendo just before his next WEC...
Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 12:05:21 AM

on  pi day, 21 Nov 2018 I have no idea but found this  which happened that day which was pretty significant

And I do not need an AI "machine". Plus, since I - like MA - have not given any firm date on when everything WILL implode, perhaps I can claim on the day it does happen that i "predicted" it? A stopped clock is right twice a day.

All empires rise and fall, and you would have to be a complete cretin to not realise, even at the turn of this century, that Western Civilisation had peaked and was from there on declining at an ever increasing pace.

The 1MBD scandal totalled $6.5 billion. It is completely insignificant on the world stage, where even in the EU - and to quote your own words about censorship, because this is not reported in the mass media - €1 TRILLION of the yearly EU budget is lost to corruption:
https://www.politico.eu/article/corruption-costs-eu-990-billion-year-rand-study-fraud-funding/

There is also no denying MA was talking up May 2019 as a significant "turning point". I can't recall if he spoke about it at the 2018 Orlando WEC, but he wrote about it enough times, as my article link proves. And also with hysterical writing, doing his usual play of building up to a crescendo just before his next WEC.

People will believe whatever they want to believe I really don't care you are simply wasting my time. Pi targets are not that significant compared to the high and lows of the ECM. May is a turning point on the array not the ECM are you not aware the Dow started dropping into May. How can you not see that May was not a turning point I mean its right in front of you?
If you had any intelligence you could see May was a turning point and a change in trend.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/armstrongeconomics101/training-tools/the-may-turning-point/

its another amazing call by Armstrong and the proof is right there in front of you but of course you will come up with some other bullshit to say otherwise because you blinded by your own belief and utter hatred for Armstrong.

AnonymousCoder

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 12:19:39 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:43:23 PM by AnonymousCoder

Martin Armstrong in a Bind

Since the release of Socrates, the results of his reversal system are relatively more transparent. The ambiguity can be discussed here immediately for everyone to see. The price is relatively cheap.

In contrast, the reports are much more expensive, and they have a flair of exclusivity around them.

Most clients would have bought the reports for the reversals contained in them. The reports are typically only for specific markets such as metals (Silver, Gold, Platinum).

So who is going to buy the reports when the key information and more is already available in Socrates while the reports are out of date very quickly?

The idea comes to mind that the reversals, because they are tipping points given ahead of time, are a legacy now which was useful for the inclusion of printed reports published yearly or half-yearly at best.

Contemporary users who are accustomed to real-time information naturally struggle with this type of legacy system which has a substantial overhead in many ways that appears to be unnecessary today.

I guess that Martin Armstrong is now between a rock and a hard place where nobody wants to buy his reports any more, and online users are dissatisfied with the outdated batch character, complexity and ambiguity of the online system.

trulycoined

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 12:26:56 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2019, 12:47:33 AM by trulycoined

All empires rise and fall, and you would have to be a complete cretin to not realise, even at the turn of this century, that Western Civilisation had peaked and was from there on declining at an ever increasing pace.

There is also no denying MA was talking up May 2019 as a significant "turning point". I can't recall if he spoke about it at the 2018 Orlando WEC, but he wrote about it enough times, as my article link proves. And also with hysterical writing, doing his usual play of building up to a crescendo just before his next WEC.

People will believe whatever they want to believe I really don't care you are simply wasting my time. Pi targets are not that significant compared to the high and lows of the ECM. May is a turning point on the array not the ECM are you not aware the Dow started dropping into May. How can you not see that May was not a turning point I mean its right in front of you?
If you had any intelligence you could see May was a turning point and a change in trend.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/armstrongeconomics101/training-tools/the-may-turning-point/

its another amazing call by Armstrong and the proof is right there in front of you but of course you will come up with some other bullshit to say otherwise because you blinded by your own belief and utter hatred for Armstrong.

I agree with you here. The DOW did indeed decline into May, literally at the very end of April, before breaking back out into June.

However, MA's focus was NOT the DOW unless you can prove it? Your article link is for mid-May. Link an article forecasting the drop in the DOW before 30 April 2019. Anyone can claim they predicted the future when that future has already happened. Regarding May 2019, MA was talking squarely about Europe. Read that article I posted, where he explicitly stated (on more than one occasion) that May 2019 would see financial OR political OR banking "chaos".

He covered quite a few bases there, just in case one or two didn't happen...

What did transpire: nothing happened.

Here is another article, this time from March 2019:
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/emerging-markets/the-financial-panic-of-2019/

And that tried and tested formula I explained is on show for everyone to see:

Turkey’s stand-off with investors has unnerved traders globally, pushing the world ever closer to a major FINANCIAL PANIC come this May 2019... There is a major liquidity crisis brewing that could pop in May 2019. European Banks have loaded their portfolios with real estate loans thanks to quantitative easing and negative interest rates, and emerging market debt.

This is a global financial panic unfolding on a grand scale. This is why we selected May for the WEC in Rome.

Ah yes, the crescendo that always times with the WEC. The WEC is over before the month is out, meaning attendees cannot directly question the fabricated forecast to MA's face. How predictable and it requires no AI... IT IS ALL MADE UP TO SELL THE CONFERENCES. The "urgency" of the whole situation panics people into forking out huge sums for conference attendance.

Here's another forecast, from my brain, not an invented AI machine: the next WEC will be in Jan 2020 and in either Europe or Singapore. Await the hysterical articles building up to Jan 2020. Too predictable...
Gumbi
Copper Member

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 12:52:56 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2019, 01:04:34 AM by Gumbi

he does WEC events around turning points/cycles

"Yes, I do time the conferences around the cycles. That gives us something to talk about. They are simply points where the human emotions shift."
"https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/uncategorized/cycles-turning-points/"

May has been a target on the Dow Jones. I have the arrays going back from January this year and May was coming up as a big turning point on the monthly array. Armstrong said on his private blog Tuesday 19 March 2019 "the Feb and May targets were in the Dow - not the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq... The two targets appear to be May and July ideally they should produce opposite events"
so it looks like The Dow could hit a high in July which seems to be likely lining up with the high in Gold we see in July as well.

On Tuesday the 2nd of April 2019 Armstrong said on his private blog regarding the Dow Jones "The next real directional change will be the week of April 22nd" another incredible call by Armstrong as the market moved down from there.

I am not an a big follower on the political side but the Euro and Pound certainty crashed going into May so something must of been happening we also had the European elections at that time.

You are not going to get the real key information on the public blog all the good stuff is on the private blog so I recommend you go there if you want to verify what I have quoted above.

trulycoined

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 01:12:04 AM

he does WEC events around turning points/cycles

"Yes, I do time the conferences around the cycles. That gives us something to talk about. They are simply points where the human emotions shift."
"https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/uncategorized/cycles-turning-points/"

May has been a target on the Dow Jones. I have the arrays going back from January this year and May was coming up as a big turning point on the monthly array. Armstrong said on his private blog Tuesday 19 March 2019 "the Feb and May targets were in the Dow - not the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq... The two targets appear to be May and July ideally they should produce opposite events"
so it looks like The Dow could hit a high in July which seems to be likely lining up with the high in Gold we see in July as well.

On Tuesday the 2nd of April 2019 Armstrong said on his private blog regarding the Dow Jones "The next real directional change will be the week of April 22nd" another incredible call by Armstrong as the market moved down from there.

I am not an a big follower on the political side but the Euro and Pound certainty crashed going into May so something must of been happening we also had the European elections at that time.

You are not going to get the real key information on the public blog all the good stuff is on the private blog so I recommend you go there if you want to verify what I have quoted above.

MA about the timing of the WECs: "They are simply points where the human emotions shift". That may have been a veiled admission of guilt...

The age old adage: "Sell in May and go away" makes the May sell-off more predictable. There were other analysts calling the same thing:

WSJ: ws j.com/articles/calendar-flipping-to-april-typically-bodes-well-for-stocks-11554206400
CCN: https://www.ccn.com/dow-pattern-rocky-may/

Let us both agree MA was correct then about the DOW, but that hardly crystallises him as some prophetic sage if the above articles are anything to go by, or that adage.

If his forecasts are so great, how then could he have been so wrong about Europe and the political/financial/banking "chaos" that never happened in May 2019? He used that emotive language to sell more WEC tickets no doubt. I wonder how many attendees feel shortchanged?
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 04:11:11 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:43:15 PM by AnonymousCoder

I saw your incredibly uninformed comment on wheat futures if you had the trader service you would know that MAY was a turning point and there was a MAJOR monthly bearish reversal just below which was not elected the only charlatan here is you.

Gumbi could you please provide us with the link of any article where Martin Armstrong defines a rule where in the middle of the month a monthly bearish reversal with a value below the price at end of week negates the due election of a weekly bearish reversal.

This is your scenario.

We should at least have a rule for that, and it would be a great opportunity for us to learn from it.

If you can't do that, then you are an even greater crackpot than Martin Armstrong.

MA_talk

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 04:20:23 AM

Gumbi, when you can't win the argument, you just resort to personal attacks.  I think AnonymousCoder gave us so much more information and insight.  I will never use "toxic" to describe anyone.

You said "The blog  gives pretty black and white answers".  95+% of the people on this forum will NOT agree to that.  If we all agree, why is the forum 280 pages long, filled with constant discussion?

If you cannot provide real-time trades with the SAME criteria that selects the buy/sell signals, which you promised to do, then your promises are probably as good as nothing.

Scientific results are always repeatable, and doesn't matter which scientist performs the experiment.  If you provide some methods that cannot be repeated scientifically, then they are ad-hoc and not systematic.

Please demo, as you have promised.
MA_talk

View Profile
June 21, 2019, 04:28:39 AM

NO, the May call is NOT an amazing call at all.  Armstrong simply keeps calling for a counter trend until it finally appears.  He tried February, and that was also a turning point for him.  If he is correct on both turning points, mathematically, on a curve, going though TWO turning points, you will be heading the same direction.  But that was NOT what happened.  Armstrong's turning points are always ambiguous.  WHY would anyone use the term "turning point" when it doesn't turn?
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: