Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:26:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM  (Read 415624 times)
jeremysmith

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 05:12:46 AM

I put in a paypal dispute because they're not shipping singles and I'm pissed

Of course they haven't replied to the dispute or refunded me yet and have a week to do so

I emailed BFL asking them if I cancelled the dispute would I be able to keep my position in queue

This was their response:

https://i.imgur.com/NoDo3gm.png

I was half expecting them to beg me to cancel the dispute and offer to bump me up in the queue or something, instead I get them stating that they "can not comment" on it.

I'm guessing if I cancel the dispute, I won't be seeing a refund and my order and position in queue will "accidentally" get lost

Anyone think i'll retain my position in queue if I cancel the dispute?

Interesting how the order page says refunded: 1 when I haven't gotten anything back in paypal yet:

https://i.imgur.com/Sp5g9dY.png

https://i.imgur.com/Zgd8v0j.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 05:18:51 AM

Of course they haven't replied to the dispute or refunded me yet and have a week to do so

I emailed BFL asking them if I cancelled the dispute would I be able to keep my position in queue

This was their response:

I was half expecting them to beg me to cancel the dispute and offer to bump me up in the queue or something, instead I get them stating that they "can not comment" on it.

I'm guessing if I cancel the dispute, I won't be seeing a refund and my order and position in queue will "accidentally" get lost

Interesting how the order page says refunded: 1 when I haven't gotten anything back in paypal yet:

IMHO You are the lucky one to get your refund the others will cry when they get their units after they're worthless.

Take the money and forget BFL ever existed and learn something from this.

BFL can't get out of what they have created and they're playing a tricky game of optics and deadmans bluff.

Either way its up to you and this is my opinion keep the dispute and get your money before things go tits up.
wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 02:00:22 PM

This was their response:

IMHO You are the lucky one to get your refund the others will cry when they get their units after they're worthless.

Take the money and forget BFL ever existed and learn something from this.

BFL can't get out of what they have created and they're playing a tricky game of optics and deadmans bluff.

Either way its up to you and this is my opinion keep the dispute and get your money before things go tits up.

I understand choose chose is not going to pop up with spell check, but really, does no one in this country know how to spell? Yeah, public schools FTW... come on BFL. Require GED's in the hiring process! Oh wait, I don't think that applies to any of them.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
lucasjkr

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:20:42 PM

I emailed BFL asking them if I cancelled the dispute would I be able to keep my position in

That's silly. Why would you think you'd be rewarded (given a higher spot in the order queue) for causing them a headache? Especially these boards being the way they are (18,000 sign ups on digital ocean for primecoin miners after a single post with a referral link), if you succeeded and posted about your e pertinence, the next thing you know everyone would open disputes hoping to get bumped up as well. In which case everyone would be right back where they started.

If I was them, especially given their "fire your customers manta", I'd say "sorry, when you filed your dispute, that cancelled your order. If you cancel the dispute, well treat it as a new order"

What the real shame is is that BFLis the only ASIC provider that has an offering suitable for more casual miners. usb Block eruptors? Don't expect to ever recoup your costs of $100 for 300MH. All the others? Thousands of dollars. There's zero competition in the low-end space (5 Gh for $279..,, who's much is a 12 Gh Avalon blade?).

Of course it doesn't really matter anymore. All the ASIC providers are doing is insuring that nobody is profitable but them.  This arms race of gigahashes hasn't really accomplished anything else. Certainly not any more network security, as the network is just as vulnerable to a dedicated attacker (say, a government) willing to spend a couple million dollars as it was before Asics. But that's a whole other story. End of the day is that BFL has zero competition despite worthy adversaries, because all the others have decided on much higher price points for their goods. Now, if friedcat released something that was comparable in price and performance to a jalapeño and customers had other routes, I'd doubt you'd see any mention of "firing our customers"
Beymond

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:28:44 PM

any one of you got the rig?
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:43:04 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2013, 04:02:57 PM by tinus42

What the real shame is is that BFLis the only ASIC provider that has an offering suitable for more casual miners. usb Block eruptors? Don't expect to ever recoup your costs of $100 for 300MH. All the others? Thousands of dollars. There's zero competition in the low-end space (5 Gh for $279..,, who's much is a 12 Gh Avalon blade?).

The price of a Jalapeno is at least more than ten times higher than $274 (not $279). If you actually want to have it within a few days. The start price for one on eBay is $2,969 and will likely be higher once the auction ends:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Butterfly-Labs-ASIC-Jalapeno-bitforce-5-8-GH-s-IN-HAND-NOT-PRE-ORDER-/130949363921?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7d30b8d1

$274 gets you a Jalapeno PRE-ORDER. Big difference.

If you pre-order and get the Jalapeno at the end of the year (or heaven forbid next year) due to the expected highly increased difficulty it will likely produce less coins than a USB Block Eruptor does NOW.
jeremysmith

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 03:49:04 PM

That's silly. Why would you think you'd be rewarded (given a higher spot in the order queue) for causing them a headache? Especially these boards being the way they are (18,000 sign ups on digital ocean for primecoin miners after a single post with a referral link), if you succeeded and posted about your e pertinence, the next thing you know everyone would open disputes hoping to get bumped up as well. In which case everyone would be right back where they started.

I was half expecting
I was half
half

For Causing Them a Headache.  gr8 b8 m8
justas

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 04:02:22 PM

yea
scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2013, 09:35:34 PM

quote:

" Why is BFL Not Flush with Components to Build S/MR Consistently?
So, what is going on? Is it too much to ask for more transparency?

I don't understand why nothing shipped today? Was this also the case on Monday? Tuesday?
Why does there only seem to be enough components for the Jally all the time?
Is BFL running out of money?
Can components for old orders only be stocked with money from new orders? Why aren't you ordering the components you need for S/MR? Why are there such dead gaps?
How can BFL possibly get through the backlog before the end of September at this rate?
How many more zero shipping days will there be to look forward to?
How many orders are left for June 23rd?
How many are there for June 24th?
25th? etc?

------------------------------------

Somebody said we've been stuck on June 23rd for a month. I've lost track. Obviously I wish we could get more transparency. I've never understood why BFL has kept the hashrate they've sold a secret? Why can't we know the amount of orders for each product?

Just so many questions."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/3890-why-bfl-not-flush-components-build-s-mr-consistently.html#post48102

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
jordaninthesky

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:13:28 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2013, 03:58:08 PM by jordaninthesky

Hi Josh/Inaba.  I just want to affirm to you that everyone knows what's going on.  It would be great to think of the world as a nicer place, but you are clearly not the savant that you were before you first spoke those words "2 more weeks".

It was over, at that point, for everyone.  You broke word; now what can we count on?  Oh, right, the imagination.

You say you aren't a liar.  Let history speak for itself.  As you would say "I don't have time to show you.  Check the boards, stupid!"

Because you are imitating the role of a known con-man who is associated with BFL, it will be a lot easier to link malice to your actions, so you will not get the lenience that Sonny did.  Sonny will probably suffer some sort of release-contract violation, but that's not as important to people as seeing the face behind the false words burn.  The name you wear (Josh Zerlan) is an anti-semitic joke.
jordaninthesky

Activity: 117

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:19:41 AM

"Old Singles ordered now will deliver sometime in September. New ones start delivering in October, but i don't know when one ordered now would deliver. I would order the new one if I were you. --Jody"

Just curious if you consider Jody up to par with your ability to keep spinning, or if she now is a liability that needs to be cut loose?
scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 05:36:20 AM

Haha why make claims you ask?  That's what Phinnaeus does.  He's the most irresponsible user on this forum and is responsible for the harassement and misidentification of a number of users in his crusades.  Bruno is an example of all that is wrong with bitcoin and the internet in general.  Anonymous whiny man-children that hide behind their computer without fear of repercussion for their actions.

Did you know he's also an embezzler and thief?  Phinnaeus Gage used to run Bitcoin100 and stole thousands of dollars from a charity.  He's a real stand up individual.

While you help steal away millions beyond.  Even if your claims are true, the diversion tactic you made with steering people away from Avalon to your shady company cost many tens of thousands a month.  This was a real shit move on my part, to not see the false name you wear and assume that because an internet based company says its going to do something, it will.  I just want to let you know about the financial implications your company faces.  I worked with a company Quixtar/Amway, knew what I was getting into and was okay with it, and still had a class action lawsuit delivered to my doorstep.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/89809366/quixtar-pokorny-settlement-agreement

With you, however...  I have been intentionally deceived and diverted from a real blooming industry that I wanted to support.  Your transparent actions don't even compare to the cultic mentality of Quixtar/Amway.  Even beyond that, you have done an undetermined amount of damage by taking spotlight for BTC.  Even if BTC can someday be taken seriously, it will not be without justice brought upon you!  I'm not an internet lawyer.  I'm a trend spotter and a train catcher.  In this situation, I'd gladly drive a train.  You are sick and disgusting.  You have become such a whore for whatever $$ you could be envisioning right now, that it is unfathomable.  

A blight is not difficult to be seen.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 05:40:40 AM

Just so many questions.
They simply run out of money. This is the simple answer to all your questions.

If they ship everything they have in stock difficulty will increase yet even more. This is why they hash with everything they have available to earn money effectively using they customers' money to make money. Needless to say, this is a direct theft from their customers' ROI. Conclusion is easy. The average BFL customer will never achieve positive ROI on their bitcoin investment. They would have been far more successful if they just purchased bitcoins and hold them in their bitcoin wallet.

Forget about BFL. The scam was planned from the very start of this startup.
yakuza699

Activity: 935
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 08:44:04 AM

didn't know that ty for information  Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄
BTC BitDice.me 
pocesar

Activity: 105

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 09:00:51 AM

what about mining rig leasing?

https://github.com/pocesar - BTC 1KLRAFHGGhE2WiRASkASatvMR1vALmkB9L
tinus42

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 11:23:05 AM

The name you wear is an anti-semitic joke.

How's that? Inaba is a Japanese name. Probably taken from some manga character.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inaba
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 02:29:36 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua
tinus42

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:02:46 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua

So everyone with a biblical name (David, Matthew, Luke, etc) is an anti-semite if they do wrong because it might reflect badly on the Chosen People?  Huh Seems taking cultural sensitivity way to far to me.  Roll Eyes
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2013, 04:24:42 PM

For the price of a Jalapeno on Ebay you could preorder a KnC Mars, with 12x the hashpower, with $1k left over.  Unless the difficulty goes up 12x between now and October, it's an insane thing to do.

jeremysmith

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 08:17:00 PM

This was their response:

This was their response:

So nobodies put in a paypal dispute and then decided to cancel it?  I'm wondering if I cancel the dispute will l still retain my position in queue?  BFL hasn't refunded me yet.
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: