Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:15:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Health and Religion  (Read 210816 times)
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 08:30:35 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2016, 08:51:24 PM by CoinCube

Children's hospital adopts military-style discipline to enforce hand hygiene compliance
http://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20161203/MAGAZINE/312039999
After seeing a spike in hospital-acquired infections, leaders at Nationwide Children's Hospital decided they needed to take drastic action.

The 604-bed pediatric hospital in Columbus, Ohio, had excellent hand hygiene, according to self-reported surveys. But when leaders installed observers to covertly monitor handwashing and hand sanitization habits, compliance was less than 60%.
Dirty hands are linked with healthcare-acquired infections, which are both deadly and costly. In 2011, nearly 722,000 such infections occurred in hospitals, and about 75,000 patients with those infections died.
the average healthcare provider cleans his or her hands less than half the number of times they ought to, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
To effectively draw its staff's attention to hand hygiene, Nationwide Children's ultimately decided on a stand-down, an intervention borrowed from the military. In the 15-minute drill, which took place twice—once in the morning and once in the evening—on a single day in spring 2010, everyone and everything except essential patient care ground to a halt.
And if they, as units and as individuals, did not meet 90% compliance rates or were caught failing to comply, they would have to meet with the chief medical officer or chief nursing officer, or their designates, to explain why.
“We didn't know how effective that would be,” Davis said. “It turns out it's pretty embarrassing to be called to the principal's office to explain why you're not doing your job.”

Within a month of the stand-down, compliance rates hit 90%, and they've stayed that way for six years. Davis and his colleagues published the results of their intervention in the Journal of Patient Safety. Davis said separately that healthcare-acquired infection rates had dropped significantly in several categories, including surgical site infections and central line infections.

NHS hospitals that outsource cleaning linked with higher rates of MRSA
http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-12-nhs-hospitals-outsource-linked-higher.html
hospitals that employ private cleaners are associated with a higher incidence of MRSA, a 'superbug' that causes life-threatening infection and has previously been linked with a lack of cleanliness.

The superbug is becoming increasingly difficult to treat. As from 2005, trusts have been required to regularly report incidents of MRSA, which has enabled researchers to produce empirical evidence for the first time that compares the rates of infection in hospitals that outsource cleaning with those using in-house cleaners. They calculate that, on average, the incidence of MRSA infection between 2005 and 2009 was 2.28 in every 100,000 bed days in trusts that outsourced their cleaning, compared with 1.46 bed days in trusts that used in-house cleaners –.a difference of almost 50 per cent. However, the research also highlights that trusts which used outsourced cleaners did save money.

daiyuba1971

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 08:56:48 PM

Religion will not help a person to regain their health. More than sure that the person is responsible for their own health. Religion only interfere with this. I do believe religion itself disease. And that the person was healthy she can be cured.
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 02:19:55 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2016, 02:52:31 PM by CoinCube

Why Secular Atheism Leads to Nihilism
http://templestream.blogspot.com/2015/02/nihilism-is-logical-philsophical.html
Quote from: Richard H. Warden

Secular atheism, when lived out with intellectual honestly, leads to nihilism. Why is this? Because there is ultimately no objective basis for purposeful meaning in life for the secular atheist. Inventing meaning is neither rational nor logical. For example,  a sign that states “Dead End” would offer an incoherent and false meaning if placed alongside a continuous superhighway. A sign, or anything in life that conveys meaning, only has valid and coherent meaning when it is linked to a corresponding reality in some type of logical manner. Many atheists are confused on this point. Richard Dawkins. for example, has claimed that an “adult” view of life is to subjectively “make” meaning in your life, in whatever manner you may wish to do this. In reality, this is a childish and superficial approach to a deep subject. Children, not adults, are fond of creating make-believe worlds. The following is a quote of Richard Dawkins from the God Delusion:

“The truly adult view [...] is that our life is as meaningful, as full and as wonderful as we choose to make it. And we can make it very wonderful indeed.”

Unlike Dawkins' make-believe meaning in life, Christian debaters, such as William Lane Craig, have  demonstrated that a rational and logical worldview is possible only when it is based on logically framed precepts arranged in a logical syntax, and not merely based on pretentious whims.

Why Richard Dawkins' View of Meaning is Absurd...

1.  Valid and coherent meaning in life must be somehow verifiable with objective logical principles.
2. Any proposed meaning that is not verifiable with objective logical principles is irrational and ultimately absurd.
3.  Richard Dawkins offers that we should subjectively “make”meaning in life.
4. Therefore, Richard Dawkins' concept of meaning in life is irrational and absurd.

Richard Dawkins' concept of meaning in life seems to consist of an existential secular Spaghetti Monster dressed up in a cheap tuxedo. You can call invented and make-believe meaning in life “adult” or “wonderful” or even “very wonderful” - but it's still seems to be absurd to live life based upon make-believe meaning. What do you personally believe about the concept of meaning?

A. Meaning is an objective facet of life.
B. Meaning is arbitrary according to your whims.
C. Neither A nor B.
D. Both A and B.

An atheist writer posted an article at Dawkins' website, the Richard Dawkins Foundation, which outlines a view of meaning that seems to be a bit more objective than Dawkins' own view of meaning. The post is titled, "Why identify as atheist and not nihilist?" and the author states, "If logical, rational thinking is used then I fail to see how nihilism cannot be the conclusion." and, furthermore, "If you don't believe in a creator or divine plan and you understand how our minds and emotions have evolved as chemical signals and electrical pulses then where do you fit the meaning in to this? I enjoy being alive and live as hedonistic lifestyle as possible yet I am under no illusion that this has any meaning outside of my own mind." It's not surprising that Dawkins' own website offers views that contradict and oppose his own views on meaning. The New Atheists have not offered anything in the way of valid logical arguments to support their position.

Secular Atheists Have no Logical Basis to Affirm Purposeful Meaning in Life

William Lane Craig posted an article at his website entitled, The Absurdity of Life without God, postulating, "Why on atheism life has no ultimate meaning, value, or purpose, and why this view is unlivable."

"The fundamental problem with this solution, however, is that it is impossible to live consistently and happily within such a world view. If one lives consistently, he will not be happy; if one lives happily, it is only because he is not consistent. Francis Schaeffer has explained this point well. Modern man, says Schaeffer, resides in a two-story universe. In the lower story is the finite world without God; here life is absurd, as we have seen. In the upper story are meaning, value, and purpose. Now modern man lives in the lower story because he believes there is no God. But he cannot live happily in such an absurd world; therefore, he continually makes leaps of faith into the upper story to affirm meaning, value, and purpose, even though he has no right to, since he does not believe in God."

Rational Secular Atheists Admit that their Atheism Leads to Nihilism

A self-confessed atheist, Adam, who is quoted at Craig's website, declares that he has come to hate his secular atheism due to its ultimate and undeniable nihilistic philosophical connection.

"This theme came to my attention when I saw an atheist post a long comment for William Lane Craig to address. Adam, the atheist, described why, "There is no escaping the nihilism as an atheist." He wrote to Craig, "After reading your paper on the absurdity of life without God, I soon realized that I had to become a nihilist." and he continued, "Let me mention here that I was a huge fan of the New Atheists, but I always sensed something was askew with them. Something seemed off about them because whenever they were talking about meaning, value, or purpose, they answered in such ways that only a person ignorant of the objections in your paper could respond. In short (too late), your paper never left my mind, even years after I wrote a "response" to it. I knew, deep down, that not only did I not, but could not answer your objections to atheism. What you say the atheistic worldview entails is true. There is no escaping the nihilism as an atheist."

John Piippo's blog outlines an argument William Lane Craig presented on this subject:

1) If theism is true, then we have a solid basis for morality.
2) If theism is false, then we do not have a solid basis for morality.
3) If 2 is true, then atheism does not lead to humanism, but to nihilism.

Dr. Craig states, "If theism is false, you've got to ask yourself, Why wouldn't nihilism be true? What proof do you have that nihilism is not the correct remaining alternative?" and, "Thus, if atheism is true, it becomes impossible to condemn war, oppression, or crime as evil. Nor can one praise brotherhood, equality, or love as good. It doesn't matter what you do - for there is no right and wrong; good and evil does not exist."

The typical reply by atheists is that, "Atheism does not lead to anything, it's just a lack of belief in God." But this is a glib answer that sidesteps the fact that atheism, when taken as a precept for life, is lived out in a very definite context. Any belief lived out in a context has implications. If you believe that atheism does not lead to nihilism in a philosophical context, I would be curious to see your reasoning in a comment of this post. I've found some sample atheist websites that deny (or avoid) this fact in their simplistic and / or vague summaries:  
The question of the meaning and purpose of life is logically an urgent one because it informs all the other decisions in life. This can be outlined in a logical deductive argument, which leads to another argument that supports the logical necessity of God's existence:

Arguments for God from Metalogical Necessities

beafheart

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 07:07:17 PM

I am also an atheist and don't believe in God. Human health depends, first and foremost from himself. The Bible does not prohibit the purchase but this bad habit leads to death. Who is responsible for this?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 07:49:23 PM

I am also an atheist and don't believe in God. Human health depends, first and foremost from himself. The Bible does not prohibit the purchase but this bad habit leads to death. Who is responsible for this?

One of two things. Either you are ignorant and think you are an atheist, or you are a liar. Why? Because an atheists says that there is no God. But no atheist has absolute proof that there is no God. The best he can say is that it isn't apparent to him that there is a God. This means that even the atheist knows that there might be a God. Then, when you add all the evidence and the scientific proofs for God, it seems to even the atheist that God exists.

If the atheist had said, "There might be a God, but we just can't tell," then he would be more truthful. As it is, he is either ignorant or a liar.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
sergeyzol

Activity: 248

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 07:53:38 PM

One of two things. Either you are ignorant and think you are an atheist, or you are a liar. Why? Because an atheists says that there is no God. But no atheist has absolute proof that there is no God. The best he can say is that it isn't apparent to him that there is a God. This means that even the atheist knows that there might be a God. Then, when you add all the evidence and the scientific proofs for God, it seems to even the atheist that God exists.

If the atheist had said, "There might be a God, but we just can't tell," then he would be more truthful. As it is, he is either ignorant or a liar.

Cool
I'm an atheist and I see that in the Bible is just fairy stories. I don't need to be a rocket scientist to see that this is nonsense. Believers deny even what is officially confirmed by scientific studies. This is for me a confirmation that boa no
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 08:05:42 PM

Cool
I'm an atheist and I see that in the Bible is just fairy stories. I don't need to be a rocket scientist to see that this is nonsense. Believers deny even what is officially confirmed by scientific studies. This is for me a confirmation that boa no

Set the Bible idea aside for a moment. Look at the existence of God idea.

The definition of atheism from Dictionary.com, http://www.dictionary.com/browse/atheism?s=t:
atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun
1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.

2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Evidence and scientific proof for the existence of God:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1355109.msg14047133#msg14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg16803380#msg16803380.

To state that God does not exist goes against a lot of proof and evidence, and against common sense. Why? Nobody knows that God could absolutely not exist in some way... some way that he has not thought of yet. To think this is to say that one has all knowledge in the universe, so that he absolutely can tell, factually, that God does not exist. The ironic thing about this is, for one to have even a majority of the knowledge in the universe, would essentially make him to be a god.

Atheists are ignorant, or liars. There is no other way.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
sergeyzol

Activity: 248

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 08:11:50 PM

Cool

The definition of atheism from Dictionary.com, http://www.dictionary.com/browse/atheism?s=t:
atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

To state that God does not exist goes against a lot of proof and evidence, and against common sense. Why? Nobody knows that God could absolutely not exist in some way... some way that he has not thought of yet. To think this is to say that one has all knowledge in the universe, so that he absolutely can tell, factually, that God does not exist. The ironic thing about this is, for one to have even a majority of the knowledge in the universe, would essentially make him to be a god.

Cool
Atheists are realists. They don't believe in fairy tales and do not like when they are used for their own purposes. All religions are looking for their supporters among the people with disabilities education. These people are becoming fewer so the fight for the minds of believers escalates.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 08:17:31 PM

Cool

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

Cool
Atheists are realists. They don't believe in fairy tales and do not like when they are used for their own purposes. All religions are looking for their supporters among the people with disabilities education. These people are becoming fewer so the fight for the minds of believers escalates.

Atheists can be as real as they want about fairy tales, religious or otherwise. But they are absolutely NOT being real when the suggest that God does not exist. Why not? Because they do not know it for a fact, yet state it as a fact. In this way atheists are liars.

Cool

Oppolee

Activity: 263

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 08:23:40 PM

Cool

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

Cool

Atheists can be as real as they want about fairy tales, religious or otherwise. But they are absolutely NOT being real when the suggest that God does not exist. Why not? Because they do not know it for a fact, yet state it as a fact. In this way atheists are liars.

Cool
Believers themselves are liars. How can you prove that God exists? No way! Then why you don't consider yourself a liar? No, that is not confirmed to me. This in my opinion is more logical. And don't you think?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 08:36:04 PM

Cool

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

Cool

Cool
Believers themselves are liars. How can you prove that God exists? No way! Then why you don't consider yourself a liar? No, that is not confirmed to me. This in my opinion is more logical. And don't you think?

The scientific proof for the existence of God is shown in the links. It doesn't say much about what God is. It doesn't say that He is the Bible God or the Koran god or a god of any other religion. It simply shows that He exists.

The evidence of the things in nature show that God exists. The explanation is in the links.

All of us are truthful at times and liars at other times about some things. The exceptional reason why atheists are liars about their atheism is, atheists know that they do not know that God does not exist. How do they know that He might exist? Both, from the evidence and proof, and from the fact that they know that they do not know enough about the universe to truthfully say that He does not exist.

All you are doing is trying to take the focus off the fact that atheists are liars. And I don't blame you. Nobody wants to be told he is bad, unless he can get some of the focus off himself onto others.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 08:43:18 PM

Cool

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

Cool

Cool

The scientific proof for the existence of God is shown in the links. It doesn't say much about what God is. It doesn't say that He is the Bible God or the Koran god or a god of any other religion. It simply shows that He exists.

The evidence of the things in nature show that God exists. The explanation is in the links.

All of us are truthful at times and liars at other times about some things. The exceptional reason why atheists are liars about their atheism is, atheists know that they do not know that God does not exist. How do they know that He might exist? Both, from the evidence and proof, and from the fact that they know that they do not know enough about the universe to truthfully say that He does not exist.

All you are doing is trying to take the focus off the fact that atheists are liars. And I don't blame you. Nobody wants to be told he is bad, unless he can get some of the focus off himself onto others.

Cool

BS DECKER,

Can you post a picture of your God?

No, but you can't, either.    Cool

btvlGainer

Activity: 206

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 08:47:54 PM

Icons full of all sorts of images. You believe them? For you this proof? Other evidence of the believers there. They are stupid people and take away useless to argue. They have no arguments. Their argument alone. There is a God because there is.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 08:50:30 PM

Icons full of all sorts of images. You believe them? For you this proof? Other evidence of the believers there. They are stupid people and take away useless to argue. They have no arguments. Their argument alone. There is a God because there is.

Maybe if you learn how to do scientific study, and how to look at nature, you will finally see the proof and evidence that God exists.

Cool

btvlGainer

Activity: 206

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 08:54:33 PM

Maybe if you learn how to do scientific study, and how to look at nature, you will finally see the proof and evidence that God exists.

Cool
In order to look for something to have at least circumstantial evidence that God exists. While there is no evidence, and therefore seek nothing and nowhere. You suggest to look for. This is nonsense.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 08:57:43 PM

Cool
In order to look for something to have at least circumstantial evidence that God exists. While there is no evidence, and therefore seek nothing and nowhere. You suggest to look for. This is nonsense.

As I have shown in my links here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg16803380#msg16803380;
the evidence and proof for the existence of God is readily available to all who want to look.

If you can't think well enough to figure out the scientific proof, all you need do is look at nature to see that God exists.

If you deny that God exists after looking at these things, you are a double liar, since you still don't have any proof that God doesn't exist.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 08:59:52 PM

Cool

And you know? I asked you for the physical evidence.

Where is it?  Let's  do carbon dating on your God's bones, let's study him.

You want to do scientific studies?

Just because you ask me for something, doesn't mean I have to give it to you. I am not required because you are squirming.

Now, you. You show me the proof that God DOESN'T exist. Because if you don't have any proof, and if you say He doesn't exist, you are straight out a liar.

Cool

varyspro

Activity: 289

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 09:05:13 PM

Cool

Just because you ask me for something, doesn't mean I have to give it to you. I am not required because you are squirming.

Now, you. You show me the proof that God DOESN'T exist. Because if you don't have any proof, and if you say He doesn't exist, you are straight out a liar.

Cool
This is not a dispute. If you say that God exists and thus you have no proof how can you believe that? Moreover you are afraid to admit that there is no God, because it will deprive you of the meaning of life.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 09:08:45 PM

Cool

Cool
This is not a dispute. If you say that God exists and thus you have no proof how can you believe that? Moreover you are afraid to admit that there is no God, because it will deprive you of the meaning of life.

Here is the proof and the evidence that God exists, given again because you are not checking it out. Just because you don't figure it out, or even look at the proof and evidence, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You are only proving yourself to be a liar, or dishonorable at best. The proof and evidence:

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2016, 09:10:59 PM

Cool

Cool

God does not exist because there is no proof he exist.

Nobody can present any physical evidence of his existence so no scientific studies can be done on him.

Here is the proof and evidence, again:

If you don't look at or calculate out the proof and the evidence, then you are a liar, or at best dishonorable.

Show me where the proof fails. Certainly the evidence doesn't fail. You can't, because it doesn't fail.

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: