Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:56:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Linux mining distro for the Raspberry PI - MinePeon  (Read 684875 times)
infernalheaven

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:06:32 PM

I am hoping that someone can help me. After mining successfully for two months I discovered that my miners were not mining one evening after work.

I am having issues with MinePeon recognizing my two BFL 50 GH/s miners.  It is displaying "No devices found" and when I go to .../miner.php I am shown the following error: "Error getting device list: ERR: socket connect(0) failed."  I was able to track down the print statement in source code https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/miner.php , but I am still do not know how to fix the problem.

Can anyone assist?  Your help would be greatly appreciated. I have even attempted to load MinePeon onto a new SD card by following the directions from here: (http://www.raspians.com/full-guide-to-minepeon/), but this time through the directions results in an image of MinePeon that will not boot. So I am assuming its better to just reconfigure my original MinePeon OS image that can no longer find devices.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 02:21:08 AM

I am hoping that someone can help me. After mining successfully for two months I discovered that my miners were not mining one evening after work.

I am having issues with MinePeon recognizing my two BFL 50 GH/s miners.  It is displaying "No devices found" and when I go to .../miner.php I am shown the following error: "Error getting device list: ERR: socket connect(0) failed."  I was able to track down the print statement in source code https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/miner.php , but I am still do not know how to fix the problem.

Can anyone assist?  Your help would be greatly appreciated. I have even attempted to load MinePeon onto a new SD card by following the directions from here: (http://www.raspians.com/full-guide-to-minepeon/), but this time through the directions results in an image of MinePeon that will not boot. So I am assuming its better to just reconfigure my original MinePeon OS image that can no longer find devices.
When you load minepeon on a new sdcard did you start with a fresh img of 2.4.4? If you did, did you start from scratch with pools/settings or did you reload your old settings? 
Might it be your hub or are your bfls plugged into the 2 usb ports on the pi itself?
Maybe try just hooking up 1 bfl at a time see if you can get 1 to work.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
infernalheaven

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:57:53 AM

When you load minepeon on a new sdcard did you start with a fresh img of 2.4.4? If you did, did you start from scratch with pools/settings or did you reload your old settings? 
Might it be your hub or are your bfls plugged into the 2 usb ports on the pi itself?
Maybe try just hooking up 1 bfl at a time see if you can get 1 to work.

I started with a fresh image (MinePeon-0.2.4.4.img).  It will not boot so I cannot add any pools/settings to it.  I actually copied the image three different times with the Unix 'dd' command to no avail.  It still will not boot from either of my raspberry pis.

My first load of MinePeon on a separate sdcard ran for 2 months strong and then one day I noticed from my mining pool statistics that it was not mining.  I will try the original image (MinePeon-0.2.4.1.img) that exists on a separate card (and will not recognize devices) with a new hub (I have a spare sitting in packaging).  I do not anticipate this to solve the problem since I am able to operate my keyboard for the raspberry through all USB ports on the hub.

I have two raspberry pi's and one of the BFLs is new (a replacement from Butterfly), so I am certain that the issue of "Error getting device list: ERR: socket connect(0) failed" should be a configuration setting or error with the OS, MinePeon.
MineForeman.com (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 04:20:39 AM

My first load of MinePeon on a separate sdcard ran for 2 months strong and then one day I noticed from my mining pool statistics that it was not mining.

Odd, it "should" keep mining forever.

I often find though that if suddenly something changes on one of my rig's though the first thing to check is the SD card.

Hunt around in your draws and see if you can find another (or go to the shop Tongue ). 

Neil

Bitcoin News http://mineforeman.com/ || MinePeon - Bitcoin mining on the Raspberry PI http://mineforeman.com/minepeon/ || MinePeon Wiki http://minepeon.com/ || MinePeon Forums http://minepeon.com/forums/
tripppn

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 05:41:57 PM

How do you switch pools with 2.4.4?  miner.php doesn't have the option any more and the green arrows aren't on it.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
MineForeman.com (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 01:20:56 AM

How do you switch pools with 2.4.4?  miner.php doesn't have the option any more and the green arrows aren't on it.

2 options;-

1. Login via SSH and do;-

cd /opt/minepeon
git pull

2. Backup, download 0.2.4.5, load it and then restore.

You might want to wait for the weekend though, there will be another release with a whole lot of good stuff coming.  In particular, mariogrip has been doing some outstanding work with plugins and installing them from the WebUI.

Neil

Bitcoin News http://mineforeman.com/ || MinePeon - Bitcoin mining on the Raspberry PI http://mineforeman.com/minepeon/ || MinePeon Wiki http://minepeon.com/ || MinePeon Forums http://minepeon.com/forums/
tripppn

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 05:56:10 AM

Very cool I'll hold off.  Any progress with LCD screens by any chance?

― Frank Zappa
mikerbiker6

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:40:16 AM

Hi guys,
somehow the last digit of my IP adress of minepeon changed overnight. No idea how that happened but it did.
Did you experience this too?

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
necro_nemesis

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:24:18 AM

Hi guys,
somehow the last digit of my IP adress of minepeon changed overnight. No idea how that happened but it did.

Is your router set up as a DHCP server or have you set static IP's?  My guess is your router handed it out a new IP address last night.
mikerbiker6

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:34:36 PM

Hi guys,

Is your router set up as a DHCP server or have you set static IP's?  My guess is your router handed it out a new IP address last night.

I checked it, DHCP is enabled. I didn't know about that option. Will an ip-change influence my mining?

necro_nemesis

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:59:33 PM

It could. If you lose track of your miner's address and need to get access to it in a hurry. Grin

I'm assuming you don't proxy with it where your devices would have ended up being pointed to the wrong address so in short No.
mikerbiker6

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:00:21 PM

It could. If you lose track of your miner's address and need to get access to it in a hurry. Grin

I'm assuming you don't proxy with it where your devices would have ended up being pointed to the wrong address so in short No.

Yeah, I'm not proxying so I should be fine. thanks.
At first I was like oh no, what happened, I disconnected it and plugged everything in again. tried different LAN cables, reinstalled minepeon ect...
Then I checked the IP adress, which was the problem all along...  Smiley

Btw, some bugs I found(version 2.4.5),
The minepeon version is not displaying my hashing rate correctly, it is 1.2 times the actual rate.
When donation is enabled, i can only donate. I would like to donate some of my mining time but not all.
So I am forced to delete the donation pool.
The green arrow to switch pool is not working.
And sometimes when I delete a pool minepeon cannot recognize my devices, and I am forced to fully reinstall minepeon.

Maybe this is just me, but I am just reporting what i experience, hopefully you find the feedback usefull.

tripppn

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 06:07:18 PM

What are you judging what your "actual rate" is?  What the pool registers or hardware specs?  The pool will fluctuate and I would trust the rate minepeon gives you over what you pool says.

As far as the donation pool part goes you can delete it from the pools list.  In settings you can set how much time you want to donate and then it will switch to the donation pool at I think midnight even if it's not on your list.

The green arrows are hit and miss.  They still need work I think.  Make sure that the pool/worker info your trying to switch too is correct.  If anything is wrong it's won't switch.  Same with your hardware going offline.  If your info is wrong that would make your hardware go down.  make sure you don't have a space at the beginning or end of the info in any of the fields... I've done that before.

― Frank Zappa
mikerbiker6

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:26:54 PM

What are you judging what your "actual rate" is?  What the pool registers or hardware specs?  The pool will fluctuate and I would trust the rate minepeon gives you over what you pool says.

As far as the donation pool part goes you can delete it from the pools list.  In settings you can set how much time you want to donate and then it will switch to the donation pool at I think midnight even if it's not on your list.

The green arrows are hit and miss.  They still need work I think.  Make sure that the pool/worker info your trying to switch too is correct.  If anything is wrong it's won't switch.  Same with your hardware going offline.  If your info is wrong that would make your hardware go down.  make sure you don't have a space at the beginning or end of the info in any of the fields... I've done that before.

-The hashrate of my antminer U1's is 1.6GH/s, not overclocked. Minepeon 2.4.5 says it is 1.95GH/s, Maybe the retailer overclocked it for me?

-Ok thanks, I will enable donation, but delete the pool data from 'pools'.

-I think I entered everything correctly, but maybe I have added one space extra. Thanks, I will pay attention to that in the future.

tripppn

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 06:48:28 PM

-The hashrate of my antminer U1's is 1.6GH/s, not overclocked. Minepeon 2.4.5 says it is 1.95GH/s, Maybe the retailer overclocked it for me?

-Ok thanks, I will enable donation, but delete the pool data from 'pools'.

-I think I entered everything correctly, but maybe I have added one space extra. Thanks, I will pay attention to that in the future.
My U1s do the same thing.  I kinds figured maybe cgminer/bfgminer auto overclocks them or maybe Neil just put that in the code to make life easier for us since not OCing them is silly.   Grin

― Frank Zappa
necro_nemesis

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:25:03 PM

Your software overclocking and it's in your startup settings that the clock is set. People appear to report different rates with different builds but no one posts the build and startup setting that gave that performance number.

My 5 minute average is 2.25 with accepted shares slightly less using the statement with icarus timing included. It's an older build that I'm using which is stable. Don't ask me what build it is as it was grossly modified when U1's hit the scene and bfgminer was patched to hell and rebuilt to work. All I know is it works.

./bfgminer -o YOUR POOL URL -u WORKERNAME -p WORKER PASSWORD -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0A81 --icarus-options 115200:2:2
mikerbiker6

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:20:06 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 09:29:37 AM by mikerbiker6

How can you downclock them(using minepeon)?
Can I just instal version 2.4.4 and they will be reset?
I tried to input the code with the original frequency(0781):

This has no effect

ct1aic

Activity: 714

Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 10:55:28 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 08:49:57 PM by ct1aic

Hi again, Neil.

I've being doing daily updates to the Arch OS (yes, there are updates almost all days to the OS) and to the MinePeon software (no updates almost all days) to my 4 RPI's running last "unstable" image of MinePeon.

As already reported, 2 of my RPI's, the ones with 25 to 36 USB Block Erupters, do 1 or 2 daily reboots, as they stop responding to pings (they crash). The one with only 5 USB Block Erupters and the one with 7 Jalapenos, are stable, rarely crashing.

Starting today, the browser stopped working, after the daily crash's, on my 2 "problematic" RPI's. I restarted the RPI with the Jalapenos and I also got the same problem.

I still can access the bfgminer of each RPI, via SSH / screen -r, but there is no MinePeon GUI.

What can I do? Can you help me?

Rui Costa, PortugalBTC : 1ct1aicGoUVpZeovsw3cCcPJZJHV5JXtW
jedimstr

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:04:58 AM

Hey Neil,

I'm currently on 0.2.5 pr2 and I usually do an OS update every week or so with pacman -Syu.

Unfortunately the latest Arch update did a "significant" upgrade to Apache to 2.4 and provided various xxxxx.conf.pacnew files for me to play with and diff with your modified set of httpd Conf files. So Apache and the WebUI is essentially dead for me right now.

ct1aic - I assume this is the same thing you were describing above...

Since my miners are still running fine and I can configure stuff via SSH in the meantime, I think I'll let you play with this stuff first and then I'll just download the next 0.2.5 image when it's ready, but I did want to give you the head's up on the probable cause. Wink

ct1aic

Activity: 714

Are ฿itcoins Radioactive?

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 11:17:01 AM

Hey Neil,

I'm currently on 0.2.5 pr2 and I usually do an OS update every week or so with pacman -Syu.

Unfortunately the latest Arch update did a "significant" upgrade to Apache to 2.4 and provided various xxxxx.conf.pacnew files for me to play with and diff with your modified set of httpd Conf files. So Apache and the WebUI is essentially dead for me right now.

ct1aic - I assume this is the same thing you were describing above...

Since my miners are still running fine and I can configure stuff via SSH in the meantime, I think I'll let you play with this stuff first and then I'll just download the next 0.2.5 image when it's ready, but I did want to give you the head's up on the probable cause. Wink
Yes, I think it's the same problem. And yes, the bfgminers still work and alter each crash, the miner still restarts. MinePeon is also sending emails when there is a problem.

Rui Costa, PortugalBTC : 1ct1aicGoUVpZeovsw3cCcPJZJHV5JXtW
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: