Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:32:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821050 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 05:13:36 AM

It's all hype. ETH is a dead coin. All the speed and marketing hype means nothing. We need real dapps and they'll be on ETC. When is the question.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
damnMscollec

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 05:25:36 AM

It's all hype. ETH is a dead coin. All the speed and marketing hype means nothing. We need real dapps and they'll be on ETC. When is the question.

Maybe you can develop it.  Grin   And community members can do themselves.

BitCoinHow-com

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 06:42:51 AM

Invested just before the drop, is there any new that could inject some rally into ETC.
markisanon2434

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Dapps will be the game changer

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 06:53:14 AM

Hi Bitpop! Long time!

Guys you need a marketing re-brand. I cringe every time I hear the phrase "Eithereum classic". You guys arent "Ethereum classic". You are just Ethereum. They are the ones who hard forked. NOT YOU. Please stop calling yourself Ethereum classic and instead refer to this project as just Ethereum.

There is a problem with this you say? How will people know which Ethereum you are talking about. Simple. The guys on the fork should hence forth be referred to as "Neo-Ethereum".

Please. Spread the word. The guys who are actually Ethereum, real Ethereum, shouldn't be referring to themselves as "Ethereum classic". Do not let your opposition control language especially when you guys have the intellectual and moral high ground.

That's a great idea. But its gonna take hell of an effort. ETC needs to have some solid strong DAPPs and the rest will be history. I hope ETC will be able to reach the same level as of ETH. I know there are people who wants ETC to overtake ETH but, we need to consider the reality. And I don't see much hope for now. The devs have to work and release a solid DAPP. I understand its easy to post anything on the thread, but I simply like your post! With supporters like you, ETC may be the next best thing in the future  Smiley

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 06:55:17 AM

Hi Bitpop! Long time!

Guys you need a marketing re-brand. I cringe every time I hear the phrase "Eithereum classic". You guys arent "Ethereum classic". You are just Ethereum. They are the ones who hard forked. NOT YOU. Please stop calling yourself Ethereum classic and instead refer to this project as just Ethereum.

There is a problem with this you say? How will people know which Ethereum you are talking about. Simple. The guys on the fork should hence forth be referred to as "Neo-Ethereum".

Please. Spread the word. The guys who are actually Ethereum, real Ethereum, shouldn't be referring to themselves as "Ethereum classic". Do not let your opposition control language especially when you guys have the intellectual and moral high ground.

That's a great idea. But its gonna take hell of an effort. ETC needs to have some solid strong DAPPs and the rest will be history. I hope ETC will be able to reach the same level as of ETH. I know there are people who wants ETC to overtake ETH but, we need to consider the reality. And I don't see much hope for now. The devs have to work and release a solid DAPP. I understand its easy to post anything on the thread, but I simply like your post! With supporters like you, ETC may be the next best thing in the future  Smiley

I just can't stand hypocrites.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
greenuser

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:09:05 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2016, 10:27:45 PM by mprep

I worry about ETC. It is like the miners are ready to right away dump everything they earn and when the price is now very low, they are also ready to leave and point all their power on ETH. Is there any update from Charles Hoskinson? What are they planning?

Where have you been reading?  Do you mean Ethereum Miners? Some Ethereum Classic miners have been put off due to all the ddos attacks but we have defended the coin well  Cheesy  and a core group of mining is strong.
They are well organised and keep in contact via Ethereum Classic Forum and Slack.

Message Charles on slack if you want to speak to him, you can join here https://ethereumclassic.herokuapp.com  Then you will here stuff first hand, He will talk to anyone who is interested in ECT.  Nice bloke!

Well i have be comfortable with ethereum classic, and i think it is mean real ethereum. We need another innovation for ETC is like making wallet ETC on android platform or another ideas. Than we change name of ethereum classic.

Phone wallts due in October please read the DEVCHAT on the regular "shoutout" for info on development...and here it comes....

Wait for it....

pawlo74

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:11:07 AM

Hi Bitpop! Long time!

I thought I was the only one who thought so.
ETC really need to take back the "ethereum" name... let eth foundation rebrand.

but unfortunately, this is kinda already established, so it won't be easy.

Just gotta start saying it right. Be the agent of change. If a few people start doing it. And a few more follow. I bet it will catch like wild fire. Grin

Yes correct, I feel like they stole our brand.
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:20:56 AM

Wallets here: 
Ethereum Classic Mist Wallet - 0.8.1 (1.4.10 go-ethereum) by whatisgravity
https://github.com/ethereumproject/mist/releases/tag/5cbe0c0
Get new "etc only" geth node here https://github.com/ethereumproject/go-ethereum/releases/tag/6aaf5f3

i am still not sure how to do this. if i download this version i have to apps called Ethereum-Wallet.
i need a forked version because i have eth.

is it possible to just rename the wallet i need for etc to Ethereum-Wallet-c.app?

i am using OS X.
greenuser

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:40:57 AM

Wallets here:  
Ethereum Classic Mist Wallet - 0.8.1 (1.4.10 go-ethereum) by whatisgravity
https://github.com/ethereumproject/mist/releases/tag/5cbe0c0
Get new "etc only" geth node here https://github.com/ethereumproject/go-ethereum/releases/tag/6aaf5f3

i am still not sure how to do this. if i download this version i have to apps called Ethereum-Wallet.
i need a forked version because i have eth.

is it possible to just rename the wallet i need for etc to Ethereum-Wallet-c.app?

i am using OS X.

You can rename "Ethereum-Wallet-c.app" to just "geth" if you wish, that is what I did.
Read the github on the link,

"Geth 1.4.10 build that is exclusively for the Ethereum Classic network. This node has all the DAO code removed from the client and requires no additional flags to use the Ethereum classic network." by whatisgravity

I would not recommend putting this "geth" wallet on the same machine that has been running the forked version unless you know what you are doing.  It will pick up your eth keystore and use your eth address.  This is where you can get replays if you do this.

Also you will have the wrong blocks in the roaming folder.  You need to start from fresh on a new machine or remove all your eth files from your machine and do the "geth account new" command in geth to get a new address and new "keystore".

Remember to keep your “keystore” backed up.  It contains info to recreate you wallet on any machine

Your old "Mist" will work fine as a GUI to access your new "geth" node address

Why not use a light wallet for one chain and a full node wallet for the other chain?

greenuser

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 08:59:55 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2016, 09:44:11 AM by greenuser

Hi Bitpop! Long time!

Just gotta start saying it right. Be the agent of change. If a few people start doing it. And a few more follow. I bet it will catch like wild fire. Grin

We understand, we feel like slockit stole our network.  I did not invest in the Dao but i loved "Ethereum coin" (eth).  I am not going to abandon the chain i love for the "customers" that use it for bad coding.  They should have had the Dao code "peer reviewed" by the community.  Slockit screwed up!  Slockit and Dao people should have took the pain, but them and "eth devs" wanted all Eth holders to pay the price.  They burnt your/our brand!
Never mind, its done now.

================================

In addition however, Code is law?

If  Eugene and Vladimir  want to have a $10 bet on who will win US election so it could be done like this.  

Eugene bets Hillary will win.  Vladimir  bets Trump will win.
Eugene and Vladimir both give Mohamed $10,
After election Mohamed  gets a US newspaper to see who won.   Trump has won!
Mohamed gives $20 to winner  Vladimir

Eugene cries "no, we did not shake hands, I had my fingers crossed, I will take you to “court” fetch the “law”",
Big fight starts.  A “Judge” has to make a “judgement”. Eugene  threatens Mohamed,  Police are called.

======== Or ========

If  Eugene and Vladimir  want to have a $10 bet on who will win US election so it could be done like this.

Eugene bets Hillary will win.  Vladimir  bets Trump will win.
Eugene and Vladimir get Mohamed to write a SMART CONTRACT.  
They both agree that the “unstoppable code” will “judge” the outcome and input $10 .
After the election the SMART CONTRACT scans all the media from lots of different sources and decided that the evidence says Trump has won.    
SMART CONTRACT  pays  Vladimir

Eugene cries "no, we did not shake hands, I had my fingers crossed, I will take you to “court” fetch the “law”",
Big fight starts.  No “Judge” has to make a “judgement”, “code is law”.

Eugene goes to the Federal Reserve and asks Ben Bernanke  to recall all the dollar bills and issue new ones called fork-dollar bills?

"But I thought SMART CONTRACT means you don't need to trust a 3rd party?"  said Vladimir & Mohamed  Wink

usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 09:16:07 AM

Maybe you should have stayed in XMR  Wink

So not such a bad thing if Polo delist ETC in my eyes.

Seriously - you are delusional if you think this is true - Polo will make or break ETC

--

--
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 09:38:34 AM

I see some discussion here again about Hybrid POW/POS - and a switch to some new POW algo which is entirely novel.

You need to understand that ETC needs to have some serious DEV horsepower to carry this off

IMO way too early for this - ETC needs to FOLLOW ETH for now (but diffuse diff bomb as a matter of urgency) or quickly fall away in utility since all functionality will disintegrate or be inextricably be delayed while devs catch up.

As I've stated before - my vote is clearly to go to POS

Where is the statement relating to how voting is going to work for ETC?  This is rather critical.

as for this idea about truly decentralised governance - been there - DONE THAT - DAO

quote Greeny - No body is in charge of ethereum classic, we have no leader.  We are all supporters.  Holy feck! Chandler might appreciate this - how about we throw a headless chicken into the cockfight. Guess what happens........... 

--

--
greenuser

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 09:49:38 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2016, 03:51:44 PM by greenuser

I see some discussion here again about Hybrid POW/POS - and a switch to some new POW algo which is entirely novel.

You need to understand that ETC needs to have some serious DEV horsepower to carry this off

We have decentralized governance model.  If you want to bring about change in this coin, feel fee, join our slack and make a go of it.  
You will be made welcome.  However: no one has control, even some of our Devs are anonymous,  they code and get paid in crypto.  
We could have anyone working for us for all we know, Eth Devs?  Dao hacker?  Satoshi himself?  Frank who cleans my windows?
We will never know!  
Do we need to know, if the code is checked and rechecked by different people.  
People that have not met or do not know each others name or country they live in?

pawlo74

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 09:52:07 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2016, 10:08:34 AM by pawlo74

Hi Bitpop! Long time!

We understand, we feel like slockit stole our network.  I did not invest in the Dao but i loved "Ethereum coin" (eth).  I am not going to abandon the chain i love for the "customers" that use it for bad coding.  They should have had the Dao code "peer reviewed" by the community.  Slockit screwed up!  Slockit and Dao people should have took the pain, but them and "eth devs" wanted all Eth holders to pay the price.  They burnt your/our brand!
Never mind, its done now.

Yes agreed. I ment slockit, dao and corrupt people from EF stole our brand. Our brand is and always was ETHEREUM. How cold you even think different?? They should seek new name for their corrupt new chain. We are ETHEREUM we are not classic! Ethereum original chain is technology something more than devs, devs come and go, people live and die, technology is beyond. This is our chain, our name, our asset, we put our hard earned money in it. Corrupt people and devs abandoned our chain and I repeat stole our name!
usukan
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 09:54:24 AM

with regard to wallets

this is the simplest solution to all transactions for ETC

https://www.myetherwallet.com

Just make sure you are operating on https - bookmark it and ALWAYS use the bookmark.  All signing is done client side and only the signed transaction is broadcast.

You can split SIMPLY to prevent replays and send ETC or ETH ONLY transactions. Save your wallet files on USB memory sticks - offline most of time. No syncing or Ethereum Wallet ever again.

--

--
greenuser

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 10:05:13 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2016, 10:18:19 AM by greenuser

with regard to wallets

Just make sure you are operating on https - bookmark it and ALWAYS use the bookmark.  All signing is done client side and only the signed transaction is broadcast.

You can split SIMPLY to prevent replays and send ETC or ETH ONLY transactions. Save your wallet files on USB memory sticks - offline most of time. No syncing or Ethereum Wallet ever again.

We have our own

Light Client-Side Wallet by elaine
So no need to download the blockchain https://elaineo.github.io/etherwallet/#generate-wallet
Send with Replay Protection on the light wallet https://elaineo.github.io/etherwallet/#replay-protection

take a look, remind you of anything?  (https://www.myetherwallet.com)  only all eth stuff removed!

Maybe you should read and check out the shoutout posts "for thoes too shy to ask!" Wink

We have 3 new wallets that have no eth stuff in, 4 soon!  (Node, Light, Google chrome, and soon Android)

randayh

Activity: 386

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2016, 10:18:37 AM

with regard to wallets

Just make sure you are operating on https - bookmark it and ALWAYS use the bookmark.  All signing is done client side and only the signed transaction is broadcast.

Careful with MEW. I lost 503 ETC in their stupid spliter contract. Be safe and use the ethereum classic version.
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 10:26:30 AM

Wow guys.
What a nice Hard Fork Timeline.

Good work. Have a nice job day!

greenuser

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 10:37:24 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2016, 10:56:07 AM by greenuser

Wow guys.
What a nice Hard Fork Timeline.

Good work. Have a nice job day!

What?  The one on Ethereum Classic Website   https://ethereumclassic.github.io/
Yes, it is our history! and a lesson for Bitcion?

roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 12:10:26 PM

We have decentralized governance model.  If you want to bring about change in this coin, feel fee, join our slack and make a go of it.  
You will be made welcome.  However: no one has control, even some of our Devs are anonymous,  they code and get paid in crypto.  
We could have anyone working for us for all we know, Eth Devs?  Dao hacker?  Satoshi himself?  Frank who cleans my windows?
We will never know!  
Do we need to know if the code is checked and rechecked by different people.  
People that have not met or do not know each others name or country they live in?
no we dont need to know and for us if the devs are delivering good secure work who cares if them were  eth devs or hackers or satoshi himself let tasks speak.

isnt that the basic theorie of smart contracts ? a code , contract writes down the rules under which circumstances one or another gets a certain amount?
and no third party can interfer ?

governance like if the vote is 50+% code  with 50+% gets activated. if its 50% /50% vote is restarted.

we just had to decide about the vote rules. head, coins or wallet has a vote.

Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: