Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:51:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821055 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
skyline_king

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 02:01:42 PM

Posting here from reddit thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/EthereumClassic/comments/543f96/friendly_competition/

"Is it possible for the relationship between both chains to be a peaceful rivalry? I went to an Ethereum meetup and many people were actually quite supportive. Some even open about still owning etc as well as eth. Which in my opinion is a very prudent decision to not sell a free insurance policy. Friendly competition between us will facilitate innovation and accelerate growth in very positive ways. The difference between siblings that fight all the time vs siblings that challenge and compete with each other is a quantifiable example of this dynamic. So we can fight until the other blockhains focused on working hard pass us by or we can push and challenge each other in order to reach seemingly unattainable goals. This is a choice we must all make, I'm confident both communities will choose wisely."

Edit To Clarify : I think both communities are doing a pretty good job of keeping the peace. I posted this in /r/Ethereum as well as /r/EthereumClassic for anyone in either community that chooses to disrupt instead of contribute.

I think it is awesome that ETH would rather work with ETC then fight and ruin both coins.. I am hoping they both thrive in this crazy crypto world..  but so far ETH has been having alot of issues

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 02:31:05 PM

As long as ETH and Vitalik are going along with the superuser editable, hard fork, censor prone blockchain I don't have anything positive to say about that bunch... So I am just keeping my mouth shut.  If you want to see the promise of Ethereum kept then ETC is where that will happen.  The other chain leads to more centralization and corruption.  So keeping track of both chains is wise, but I won't put my eggs in the ETH basket.   Just my 2 sats.

roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 04:56:26 PM

Posting here from reddit thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/EthereumClassic/comments/543f96/friendly_competition/

"Is it possible for the relationship between both chains to be a peaceful rivalry? I went to an Ethereum meetup and many people were actually quite supportive. Some even open about still owning etc as well as eth. Which in my opinion is a very prudent decision to not sell a free insurance policy. Friendly competition between us will facilitate innovation and accelerate growth in very positive ways. The difference between siblings that fight all the time vs siblings that challenge and compete with each other is a quantifiable example of this dynamic. So we can fight until the other blockhains focused on working hard pass us by or we can push and challenge each other in order to reach seemingly unattainable goals. This is a choice we must all make, I'm confident both communities will choose wisely."

Edit To Clarify : I think both communities are doing a pretty good job of keeping the peace. I posted this in /r/Ethereum as well as /r/EthereumClassic for anyone in either community that chooses to disrupt instead of contribute.

Well quite frankly you do not want to piss off the Empire!  Darth Vitalik and his army of Storm Troopers, because looking around, i dont see and Hans Solo or Luke Skywalker here... probally a few Hairy Ewoks, thats about it.

So it makes total sense to stay on the Empires good side, until ETC has enough forces to make a challenge, but the force is strong with Darth Vitalik, his power grows daily, his blockchain is creeping into world leading businesses....  ETC has to keep the pedal to the metal, full force ahead...

Future Bright for ETC, Keep Darth Happy you must!
lol what a joke

virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 06:18:44 PM

As long as ETH and Vitalik are going along with the superuser editable, hard fork, censor prone blockchain I don't have anything positive to say about that bunch... So I am just keeping my mouth shut.  If you want to see the promise of Ethereum kept then ETC is where that will happen.  The other chain leads to more centralization and corruption.  So keeping track of both chains is wise, but I won't put my eggs in the ETH basket.   Just my 2 sats.

That is the very function of the difficulty, to keep the solved blocks within X time range.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
CarloVetc

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 09:09:47 PM

Jaxx Blockchain Wallet Now Supports LiteCoin and Ethereum Classic

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/09/24/jaxx-litecoin-ethereum-classic-support/
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 09:24:13 PM

Jaxx Blockchain Wallet Now Supports LiteCoin and Ethereum Classic

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/09/24/jaxx-litecoin-ethereum-classic-support/

old news and will have almost no impact on etc price
greenuser

Activity: 364

Marie Curie, 2 x Nobel Prizes Physics & Chemistry

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 12:11:20 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2016, 12:23:42 AM by greenuser

Microsoft will be sponsoring the ETC Meet Up in London Sept 23rd with special guest Charles Hoskinson. @IOHK_Charles

https://www.meetup.com/EthereumClassic/

Did anyone get a video link?  None seem to work

So what happend at the meetup, Or did it not go down too well?

BTW...  As i see it, Ethereum betrayed the concept of crypto. They broke the social contract. If Ethereum succeed, crypto will have failed. They do not have a blockchain, they have a database. They welshed on the deal and cannot be trusted.

They are also guilty of hacking.  Yes the dao was hacked too but two wrongs don't make a right.

They are a corrupt corporate entity in cahoots with the banks. They will meet their fate soon enough as will the banks. Negative interest rates are on their way.

This is a paradigm shift, a global insurrection against banker occupation. A financial war... and they chose the side of the financial terrorists (the banks). They are despotic kleptocrats.

That said, i have mined eth and will mine it again if etc are on a downward trend and eth are on an upward one.  
But i will sell my eth for etc at the end of each day of mining.

Lets see how it plays out hay?

I did not type "--oppose-dao-fork" for fun.  I meant it. And they gave me that choice. They made their bed. Now they can lie in it.

roselee
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 05:53:43 AM

is etc slacks down ?

primeminer

Activity: 424

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 08:04:00 AM

hahahahhahahahhahahhaha

hahahahha

hahahha

that is so funny, when etc was introduced all new creating etc community was shouting that they are only ethereum, that eth will be taken over in weeks and that the goal is to at least level hashrates and prices. That was when growing x rate was knocking down eth price. That was the time when eth community started the same  as quoted melody of brotherhood and co - egzistance. When pumperdumpers lost interest in etc (made their money shorting) Then they did not or did realise (so called etc community)  that they become bag holders and want now peace between them two.

so funny, free insurance policy etc is now ay?
greenuser

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 09:14:05 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2016, 09:30:42 AM by greenuser

is etc slacks down ?
I cannot get in slack either.  Maybe its a private club now!

As for making friends with Ethereum.  Some of us are foot solderers of the revolution. If your not prepared to take casualties you shouldn't be in the fight. We don't take kindly to self appointed  leaders barking orders of retreat and reconciliation. I'm not gonna be sold out by some Jonny come lately who wants to cosy up to the banking establishment. You are either with us or against us.

Maybe we have a firth columnist in our firth element?

roselee
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 02:07:41 PM

is etc slacks down ?
I cannot get in slack either.  Maybe its a private club now!

As for making friends with Ethereum.  Some of us are foot solderers of the revolution. If your not prepared to take casualties you shouldn't be in the fight. We don't take kindly to self appointed  leaders barking orders of retreat and reconciliation. I'm not gonna be sold out by some Jonny come lately who wants to cosy up to the banking establishment. You are either with us or against us.

lol
well you didnt mention the superuser feature that they are now creating
if i could turn the time back i would not give them my btc for there promises ( that they break now) and i would tell everyone to stay away from them

CarloVetc

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 03:19:18 PM

is etc slacks down ?
I cannot get in slack either.  Maybe its a private club now!

Hi Greenuser, Slack is still wide open as ever, not sure what issues you are experiencing but I will look into it.

Also, here is a report from ETC community member /u/pyds1977 on his 7 day trip in Shanghai. Thank you pyds1977 for the awesome work, great post and great news!

"Hi all, it is good to share some news I got during my 7-day long in Shanghai.

- A 2-day long(19th,20th) ETC gathering joined by the most dedicated individuals and companies from Chinese community, our goal is to build a robust ecosystem for ETC.
Meeting with some investors, companies, Mining farms(91pool and islandcomputer), they show great interests in ETC.
- One big exchange will launch ETC trading on October. After our disarming of Difficulty Bomb, some of them said they would heavily invest in ETC (buy ETC and invest ETC-related companies).
- Be a speaker (along with @elaine) on BTCC hosted BTC&ETC Meetup.
- The 2nd ETC Meetup in China is planning. It is going to be held at the end of October, in Chengdu."

Thank you for everything pyds, the community really appreciates it. Cheers
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 03:28:34 PM

An announcement with a timeline for the bomb freeze or defuse needs to come soon.  If you want to sure up miners and investors this has to happen.  ETC needs to lead here, not follow the announcements that will be coming from the NeoFork bunch.  
greenuser

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 04:09:24 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2016, 04:34:37 PM by greenuser

It is true, we do need to be established in China.  China has 2/3 of the world population. ETC needs to have 2/3 of it's hashrate and investment in China if it is to be as established as bitcoin. Moreover, they produce all the GPUs, phones and US army boots  Smiley and will dominate before too long.  They are even building Nuclear powers stations in the UK and drilling for oil in the North Sea.

virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 05:27:23 PM

Someone that starts to solo mine, gets complacent and ignores the signs will find that solo mining falling through the floor at some point.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:13:59 PM

It is true, we do need to be established in China.  China has 2/3 of the world population. ETC needs to have 2/3 of it's hashrate and investment in China if it is to be as established as bitcoin. Moreover, they produce all the GPUs, phones and US army boots  Smiley and will dominate before too long.  They are even building Nuclear powers stations in the UK and drilling for oil in the North Sea.

Report from ETC community member /u/pyds1977
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/54fhz1/report_from_etc_community_member_upyds1977_on_his/

pawlo74

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:34:41 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2016, 06:51:11 PM by pawlo74

I enjoy and agree with almost every post you make. That is why I think I am in right place Smiley
greenuser

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 09:55:40 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2016, 01:25:53 AM by greenuser

I enjoy and agree with almost every post you make. That is why I think I am in right place Smiley

I am glad you are happy here. Many feel like us but not all want to be vocal.

Someone that starts to solo mine, gets complacent and ignores the signs will find that solo mining falling through the floor at some point.

Be very careful where you point your hash power. It is a valuable commodity
You should always be setup to have the option to solo if need be. I have had some nice runs solo but tend to hedge with some pool mining too.
If you can, and you have more than one miner, have a spread over a number of pools and do a bit of solo too.
It would be nice if a developer made a miner that would do 50% hashpower to geth and 50% to a pool.
Problem is, who do you believe when it comes to finding info on pools, solo and the network?
http://etherx.com/pools/ or https://etcchain.com/pool

91pool are new, or have they only just declared themselves?  
I looked them up because 51pool.org was the pool that tried to 51% attack Ethereum Classic early on.
http://etherx.com/pools/ always shown more than 40% "unknown". Now we know who some of that "unknown" are!

“91pool.com was registered on hichina zhicheng technology ltd. on 03 August 2016. The site is almost absent on social networks.”

Well up until know anyhow

“The site is hosted in United States by Alibaba.com LLC while its owners are located in China. The webmasters of the website can be contacted at yuming@yinsibaohu.aliyun.com . The domain for the website was purchased through hichina zhicheng technology ltd. on 03 August 2016 (1 month ago) and will expire in 2 years 10 months.”

Ref: http://websitepart.com/www/91pool.com

So we have the big Chinese market Alibaba.com mining (or hosting?) themselves some Ethereum Classic?  
But why host a Chinese mining pool for a Chinese audience in the US?
They are mates of our ex Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne. This has lifted my mood.
Maybe Alibaba are mining ETC and will drop the dollar (and the banksters) for ETC on their trading platform?
http://www.alibaba.com/
Glad I looked it up. I was going to sell a load of ETC.

This is big?  http://www.alibaba.com/?

They have shown interest before.
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/chinese-e-commerce-giant-alibaba-explores-blockchain-based-cloud-service-platform-1454360796

randayh

Activity: 386

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2016, 11:30:25 PM

I hope uncle rates haven't changed. It means I've been over paying. 4.375 uncle are is not always. It's how many blocks you are away from the head and the rate reduces. There are other bonus rewards that come with blocks too as well that are not only gas rewards. too much to go into at the moment.

epool.io

ETC pools shrinking http://etherx.com/pools/

"Unknown" has grown from 43% to 54% in 24hours. Hashrate is 542.96 GH/s
Lot's of people solo mining?

epool.io no longer listed on the chart. perhaps some are missing?

So who do you believe http://etherx.com/pools/ or https://etcchain.com/pool ?

I seem to be hitting more uncles than blocks.  Moreover, Eth uncles were worth 4.375 before the fork while Etc only pay 3.75 for uncles  Sad

And still no working video from last night,  double Sad

Wind_FURY
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1825

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 05:00:36 AM

I am thinking of investing some of my savings in ETC for the very longterm but first a couple of questions and I hope the answers here are truthful.

How much is Barry Silbert committed in ETC and what is his role in it? I found out that ETC is his first altcoin and that could mean more success for the coin. The problem is we do not know how committed he is and what his plans really are.

My second question is how active is Charles Hoskinson in the development of ETC?

This will be my first altcoin so please guide me well. Smiley

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Pages: « 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 [228] 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 ... 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: