Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:21:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 [865] 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233954 times)
codemanX

Activity: 658
Merit: 129

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:42:41 AM

Generally I agree to stop the Airdrops and using the rest of the resources better and more responsibly, but 40% left is really too much.

I think it would have been much better to do this one LAST Airdrop because it was announced on the website for a long time, although there was the possibility of cancelling it.

The new distribution methods don't impress me either.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coco23

Activity: 1974
Merit: 856

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:53:18 AM

I think it would have been much better to do this one LAST Airdrop because it was announced on the website for a long time
This. Exactly this.

I am very disappointed about the cancellation. How can you have a countdown timer on your website for months and then cancel it two weeks before the event. Again Byteball seems to move in changing, contradicting directions on a weekly basis. Marketing and Investor relation wise this is a disaster.

Future will tell if the new distribution method will show success. I still think there are enough funds to do some variation of an airdrop event. It doesn't have to be 10%, but why not 1% or a smaller amount every month to holders of different cryptos to reach a wider community (e.g. March: Ether, April: Litecoin, May: Dash, ...)?
kokopopz

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:55:22 AM

Tony should burn the remaining coins the same way Nano (railblocks) dev did. Thus, resulted to exponential increase in price.

Burning coins is not good for future growth. It would be like saying this is the maximum of users we will ever have so we don't need more coins.

I believe distribution should not be entirely free. Deepoion is a good example of 'free' distribution where users have to actively show their engagement in the promotion of the coin to get their share.
altcoinb

Activity: 349
Merit: 132

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:19:34 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 09:31:10 AM by altcoinb

Maybe a distribution way:
link your telegram account to the byteball website or byteball telegram group an you get a textlink with 10$ in byteball.
than the bytes are frozen (smart wallet) but you can perform jumio verification.
i think a code with fraud protection is easy to realize (number spam).

a other distribution way:
we puplish a contest, "the best idea for distribution ways" = the best idea win 10 GB (3 months period)
then we will find alltime the best way and the balls are in all mouth  Grin

sorry for my english
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 11:09:05 AM

Now that the new distribution methods are ready and proven, and we've added even more methods than originally planned, the March airdrop is cancelled.  November airdrop was the last one that paid to holders in proportion to their balances.

This is the list of the current distribution methods (in no particular order) that we'll continue to use and improve:

1. Cashback.

2. Verification rewards and referral rewards to those who verify their real name.  It is true that the referral system didn't work quite well for new users who have no Bytes yet, and we are going to introduce a new scheme which will allow to refer new users without sending them any Bytes.

3. Giveaways, such as those that Rafael does to his youtube subscribers.

4. Mass sending of textcoins to subscribers of our partners.  We have done two so far https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1heT6TUSpTJgRW-FUM0LbcoVjXZRCb3PbXQQLmzvNRvM/edit#gid=323859176 and will work on improving conversion in the future campaigns.

IMO this is very bad news. None of these methods are "proven" as you say, and they are all far more opaque than distributing to addresses with balances that can be checked on the networks.

How many dollar-equivalents have been spent in the cashback program so far? What's there been like 50 people send their passport to Juobi or whatever now? Youtube crypto scam videos? Really?

There are still 40% of coins to distribute, and now they are basically completely able to be distributed by shady backroom deals or not at all. There is no way to validate distribution beyond this point. So long and thanks for all the fish.

For transparency,
this address is used to pay cashbacks: https://explorer.byteball.org/#TU3Q44S6H2WXTGQO6BZAGWFKKJCF7Q3W
attestation and referral rewards: https://explorer.byteball.org/#RJIUGYIVHM5TAZHU3ZPNTNZL5JF4JUTN

Simplicity is beauty
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:00:00 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

When the dumping began back in the summer, a lot of people screamed to stop the airdrop, allocate it entirely to the dev and marketing fund or even burn the airdrop funds, now that it stops people are crying. Business as usual I guess. I'm happy tonych stopped the airdrop, it did not do any good for Byteball in the past 6months, lock it for long term dev/marketing/bounty fund, that will do much more good for the long term.

zaliass

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:17:41 PM

When the dumping began back in the summer, a lot of people screamed to stop the airdrop, allocate it entirely to the dev and marketing fund or even burn the airdrop funds, now that it stops people are crying. Business as usual I guess. I'm happy tonych stopped the airdrop, it did not do any good for Byteball in the past 6months, lock it for long term dev/marketing/bounty fund, that will do much more good for the long term.

Absolutely, it winds me up that everyone expects to get something for nothing. Stop being so greedy as most of those who are crying about the airdrop would just dump it straight away, bringing NO ADDITIONAL VALUE to the project. I'm all for trying to identify different avenues to increase the usability and appeal to a wider user range which will be beneficial to all in the future.

People need to stop expecting results overnight - we're in it for the long term boys
barborrico

Activity: 111
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:19:16 PM

Another thing Tony, we really should have a counter with all distributed coins (and updating daily in all cmc websites).

665283 GB distributed (https://byteball.fr/Top100ByteballRichest.php) and cmc shows 645.222 GBYTE.

Now this is very necessary IMO.
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:31:21 PM

Another thing Tony, we really should have a counter with all distributed coins (and updating daily in all cmc websites).

665283 GB distributed (https://byteball.fr/Top100ByteballRichest.php) and cmc shows 645.222 GBYTE.

Now this is very necessary IMO.

GB should be changed into MegaByte. That will be necessary for the increase of Byteball.
The unit of GByte is too huge. Ppl like to buy cheap coins, like Doge.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:17:39 PM

Now that the new distribution methods are ready and proven, and we've added even more methods than originally planned, the March airdrop is cancelled.  November airdrop was the last one that paid to holders in proportion to their balances.

This is the list of the current distribution methods (in no particular order) that we'll continue to use and improve:

1. Cashback.

2. Verification rewards and referral rewards to those who verify their real name.  It is true that the referral system didn't work quite well for new users who have no Bytes yet, and we are going to introduce a new scheme which will allow to refer new users without sending them any Bytes.

4. Mass sending of textcoins to subscribers of our partners.  We have done two so far https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1heT6TUSpTJgRW-FUM0LbcoVjXZRCb3PbXQQLmzvNRvM/edit#gid=323859176 and will work on improving conversion in the future campaigns.

IMO this is very bad news. None of these methods are "proven" as you say, and they are all far more opaque than distributing to addresses with balances that can be checked on the networks.

How many dollar-equivalents have been spent in the cashback program so far? What's there been like 50 people send their passport to Juobi or whatever now? Youtube crypto scam videos? Really?

There are still 40% of coins to distribute, and now they are basically completely able to be distributed by shady backroom deals or not at all. There is no way to validate distribution beyond this point. So long and thanks for all the fish.

Of course this is a terrible idea.

Tony does not seem to realise promising things then not doing them is a great way to destroy any trust in the project.

Best thing to bring some real investors here is burn the rest of the tokens

I do actually believe tony is distributing as claimed but even so it will take forever and meantime real savvy investors wont touch this project whilst 40 % are in the hands of one person who does not listen to the community at all and does what he wants when he wants.

burn the coins and stop begging and paying people to use it.

Still cant put any of my own real funds into a project where the captain gives most of it away to other ico managers willingly ... certainly not whilst that person has another 40% to commit financial suicide with.

Burn it all so I know this is the limit of the damage that can be done on a whim with no community consult.

set up a poll on here so we can vote on what to do this has gone of for far too long now.

Saxnot

Activity: 392
Merit: 130

Taschen leer neue Blockchain her

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:25:09 PM

oh that is bad, I'm disappointed. sry this is not my way. thx for the last months but there are other projects.
trustmngmnt

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:34:37 PM

1. Cashback.

Tony does not seem to realise promising things then not doing them is a great way to destroy any trust in the project.

I do actually believe tony is distributing as claimed but even so it will take forever and meantime real savvy investors wont touch this project whilst 40 % are in the hands of one person who does not listen to the community at all and does what he wants when he wants.

Still cant put any of my own real funds into a project where the captain gives most of it away to other ico managers willingly ... certainly not whilst that person has another 40% to commit financial suicide with.

Burn it all so I know this is the limit of the damage that can be done on a whim with no community consult.

set up a poll on here so we can vote on what to do this has gone of for far too long now.

We'll buy in if this happens.

As you can see, people from outside are watching closely.
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:51:24 PM

1. Cashback.

The last thing we need are 'investors' and 'people from outside' who only want to 'invest' to make a quick buck. They don''t bring anything constructive to the project. On the contrary, they'll pump the price to lure little investors in, only to dump on them and walk away with more fiat, leaving the project with a lot of bagholders and a tarnished reputation. Let's not make the same mistake soooo many other coins have made. Don't get played by the players.

=P
Malek17

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:19:05 PM

The problem with the new distribution methods it will take forever for the coin to be distributed that’s will keep people off byteball,I don’t understand why the Dev seems to be not interested at all to add byteball to other exchanges they have enough money in the community fund the distribution suppose to finish within one year regardless of the distribution method for now and because it will take forever and the lack of new exchanges say goodbye to byteball growth,I don’t know why the Dev doesn’t listen to the community at all I know byteball it’s his baby and I respect that but I am sure he’s not better than satoshi when he handed the whole project to the community a community driven project is much more powerful then a one man project regardless of the technology behind it at least should listen a bit to the community,many coins come and go so no coin is immune here you make a little mistake and it will affect the coin for the rest of its life,that’s why a community decision is much more wiser than a one man decision.
coco23

Activity: 1974
Merit: 856

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:32:02 PM

Sure there were some people like that. However, for me the problem is not whether the airdrop stops or goes on. The problem is that the dev lays out a plan, then for a long time no further communication happens (so certain expectation builds up and everybody plans/prepares accordingly) and finally two weeks before the planned event the dev just comes and says "oh sorry, change of plans, we do it completely differently". Maybe the airdrop was announced not as 100% sure, but things like this have to be clarified as soon as possible and not close to last minute.

The future distribution should be laid out as a proper long-term plan. Is there a least somewhere a website that lists all distributed bytes so far? With no further blockchain-airdrops the distribution should be as transparent as possible. What I am also missing is a proper website with the merchants supporting the cashback program. I am thinking about a site where you can search by shop type and also location on a google map maybe. I did find this page: https://byteroll.com/cashback, but it's not very appealing.
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:37:11 PM

Sure there were some people like that. However, for me the problem is not whether the airdrop stops or goes on. The problem is that the dev lays out a plan, then for a long time no further communication happens (so certain expectation builds up and everybody plans/prepares accordingly) and finally two weeks before the planned event the dev just comes and says "oh sorry, change of plans, we do it completely differently". Maybe the airdrop was announced not as 100% sure, but things like this have to be clarified as soon as possible and not close to last minute.

The future distribution should be laid out as a proper long-term plan. Is there a least somewhere a website that lists all distributed bytes so far? With no further blockchain-airdrops the distribution should be as transparent as possible. What I am also missing is a proper website with the merchants supporting the cashback program. I am thinking about a site where you can search by shop type and also location on a google map maybe. I did find this page: https://byteroll.com/cashback, but it's not very appealing.

that man is right you know

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:41:30 PM

1. Cashback.

The last thing we need are 'investors' and 'people from outside' who only want to 'invest' to make a quick buck. They don''t bring anything constructive to the project. On the contrary, they'll pump the price to lure little investors in, only to dump on them and walk away with more fiat, leaving the project with a lot of bagholders and a tarnished reputation. Let's not make the same mistake soooo many other coins have made. Don't get played by the players.

LOL that's how 99.99% of btc investors are thinking sadly.

Does not matter though because whilst this gets pumped to a top 10 position like where it should be anyway the extra attention it gets will far out weigh any people trying to pump and dump. If the design is as good as we believe it will stick at a top position and more people will adopt it over time.

paying people and begging people to use it makes it look pathetic.

Get it burned now or watching it flounder around for years.

pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:37:44 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

I bet there are people who cry that tonych holds a big percentage of the total supply, meanwhile they are invested in ripple. Even coins that are not "held" by the devs, are premined or instamined (like dash) and nobody seems to give a fuck. The double standard is very high in crypto. I have never been disappointed in tonych, he never under delivered, he didn't promise you airdrops, he promised to announce whether or not the airdrop will happen in march. I was in support of stopping the airdrop before the summer as it did not increase the user base at all. Burning the rest of the coins is a bad idea, locking them for development/marketing/bounties is the way to go. Look at dash, pivx, decred and a million other projects that directly take a percentage of every new block (and have huge instamines that happened years ago), if people agree with that, then I have no clue why people cry here? I wish byteball was never freely distributed, as much as I hate ICOs, I wish it made one, would never have the "problems" it has now.

CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:49:21 PM

wallet windows 32bit  or 64 bit ?

Both versions are available on our github page: https://github.com/byteball/byteball/releases

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
byteball3r

Activity: 89
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:09:18 PM

1. Cashback.

Yes this plan is awful for bytes holders. Burn or airdrop to bytes holders most of the coins, save some for development and giveaways. 40% dilution is not a very appealing notion for crypto investors.
Pages: « 1 ... 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 [865] 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: