Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:31:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 [871] 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1234003 times)
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:49:30 AM

Announcement from chief developer Tony on Slack:

there are about 2000 people who linked their btc address since november in anticipation of the cancelled airdrop.  We'll do a small airdrop for them, about $30 worth to each.  Both to those who linked via microtx (and spent money) and those who linked by signing.  Even if BTC balance is 0.  They are all new users after all.

Nice!

A good move in the right direction!

Why not consider giving all linked accounts $30?
 - After the Cryptopia Situation is fixed of course . . .and we're done  Grin

(Don't forget to include the BlackBytes as well)

In the right direction? It's even worse than simply cancelling the whole airdrop completely.

Anyway... I will keep hodling because I think Byteball is fundamentally a good idea and technology. I just hope that, in the future, it gets its shit together and begins to also have any potential as an investment too.

Fortunately, for most people it is just a matter of "don't looking a gift horse in the mouth". For the rest... just remember to "not invest more than you are willing to lose". It doesn't make any sense to keep arguing what Byteball should be or do... it is what it is, take it or leave it.

Even worse? how can you say that?

Many were out of pocket over this, and you can't really blame anyone for believing it was going to happen - that would be a bit harsh dont you think?

It's is a decent and ethical thing to do - a step in the right direction - and they are new users.

I think you make some good points otherwise.

It's even worse for the following reasons:

1) Another change of plans! First there will probably airdrop, next it gets cancelled, now it goes to some people but not others.... What will be next? Uncertainty! It would be better to just stick to a "bad" plan... than not having any plan and just keep changing everything all the time for no apparent reason.

2) It's good to send something to new users, of course. But what happens to the ones that were already faithful to the project and were linked since before november? Well, they are not new users, so no "promotion" for them... it makes sense if you are a cellphone company that doesn't really care screwing previous customers. Doesn't look like the best strategy in crypto as one of the strong points of top coins is previous customers loyalty (hodlers).

3) This "change of plans" is now a fundamental "feature" of Byteball as this has been happening since the first cancellation of regular "full moon" airdrops many months back.

4) There is still a 40% of the coins that are still pending distribution and, given the erratic pattern of decisions regarding when, how and to whom, nobody currently knows what to expect about it. Did I say uncertainty already?
And when you don't know what to expect.... it's better to expect the worse even if to err on the safe side. Fool me once... you know.

Of course 2000 \* 30 = $60.000 that is not gonna change anything price wise even if it were fully and inmediately dumped but.... the impact on previous "hodlers" confidence and trust.....  that is going to hurt in the long run.

Anyway, as I said, Byteball is a project worth observing for its tech and maybe some time in the future investor's confidence is restored and it is also worth the risk of putting (more) money on it.

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
scambust
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:53:05 AM

Tony needs to be a better Janet Yellen and distribute tokens in a conservative way. Let's say the price is steadily increasing by 0.5% per day. I would aim to distribute to new users at 0.25%.

MagnusHH

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:01:32 AM

Tony needs to be a better Janet Yellen and distribute tokens in a conservative way. Let's say the price is steadily increasing by 0.5% per day. I would aim to distribute to new users at 0.25%.

Be a Volker not a Yellen. Raise interest rates to match and fight the inflation. Or better yet, be a Ron Paul and "End The Fed".
Pinstripe

Activity: 35
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:35:13 AM

Announcement from chief developer Tony on Slack:

there are about 2000 people who linked their btc address since november in anticipation of the cancelled airdrop.  We'll do a small airdrop for them, about $30 worth to each.  Both to those who linked via microtx (and spent money) and those who linked by signing.  Even if BTC balance is 0.  They are all new users after all.

Nice!

A good move in the right direction!

Why not consider giving all linked accounts $30?
 - After the Cryptopia Situation is fixed of course . . .and we're done  Grin

(Don't forget to include the BlackBytes as well)

In the right direction? It's even worse than simply cancelling the whole airdrop completely.

Anyway... I will keep hodling because I think Byteball is fundamentally a good idea and technology. I just hope that, in the future, it gets its shit together and begins to also have any potential as an investment too.

Fortunately, for most people it is just a matter of "don't looking a gift horse in the mouth". For the rest... just remember to "not invest more than you are willing to lose". It doesn't make any sense to keep arguing what Byteball should be or do... it is what it is, take it or leave it.

Even worse? how can you say that?

Many were out of pocket over this, and you can't really blame anyone for believing it was going to happen - that would be a bit harsh dont you think?

It's is a decent and ethical thing to do - a step in the right direction - and they are new users.

I think you make some good points otherwise.

It's even worse for the following reasons:

1) Another change of plans! First there will probably airdrop, next it gets cancelled, now it goes to some people but not others.... What will be next? Uncertainty! It would be better to just stick to a "bad" plan... than not having any plan and just keep changing everything all the time for no apparent reason.

2) It's good to send something to new users, of course. But what happens to the ones that were already faithful to the project and were linked since before november? Well, they are not new users, so no "promotion" for them... it makes sense if you are a cellphone company that doesn't really care screwing previous customers. Doesn't look like the best strategy in crypto as one of the strong points of top coins is previous customers loyalty (hodlers).

3) This "change of plans" is now a fundamental "feature" of Byteball as this has been happening since the first cancellation of regular "full moon" airdrops many months back.

4) There is still a 40% of the coins that are still pending distribution and, given the erratic pattern of decisions regarding when, how and to whom, nobody currently knows what to expect about it. Did I say uncertainty already?
And when you don't know what to expect.... it's better to expect the worse even if to err on the safe side. Fool me once... you know.

Of course 2000 \* 30 = $60.000 that is not gonna change anything price wise even if it were fully and inmediately dumped but.... the impact on previous "hodlers" confidence and trust.....  that is going to hurt in the long run.

Anyway, as I said, Byteball is a project worth observing for its tech and maybe some time in the future investor's confidence is restored and it is also worth the risk of putting (more) money on it.

Again, you make some valid points, however, if they follow the added recommendation I made, things might look even better from a PR perspective.

Although it would be much less for the big guys, everyone would get something, and there would be far less to complain about
 - it could also go a long way toward healing a large part of the Community that feels somewhat betrayed.

It's a decent compromise to put the best possible face on the current situation & low morale, and help Build Community.

There is good reason to believe that small accounts that are rewarded with $30 are far more likely to get excited
 and promote the ByteBall asset even more - it's definitely worth considering.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16609

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 01:05:45 PM

Are they really new or just a couple of old shills who created thousands of free accounts , say on Microsoft Azure?  The question remains open here.
This airdrop wasn't announced, so there was no reason to create empty accounts for it.
My last account was created before November, and part of the last airdrop already. So it won't receive extra Bytes.

pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:24:06 PM
Merited by HCP (1)

Here's an idea, make a new moderated thread and whoever says a word about the airdrop just simply delete their comment. I'm fucking sick and tired of reading through pages of pure welfare whining, it's disgusting. The same goes for those who cry that tonych still holds a big portion, you people act like you give a fuck and then buy ripple, dash and all the other shit that is heavily in the hands of developers and they are not even thinking about distributing it, that's their until they dump and that's it, still you people praise those.... I've been reading this forum less and less but every time I read it, the hatred just grows. It seems that all this crypto space is just a cesspool of parasites and beggars for food stamps. Seriously, you can't find information at all here without wasting hours (even after missing just 1-2 weeks) since it's all whining. Sell and GTFO already, really, you won't help yourself with all your whining, nothing will change, you guys state a million times that tonych doesn't listen to the "community" (sick twist on the word parasite), well why the fuck you think he will read or care about your whining now ? Put up your sell orders or dump directly but stop spamming this thread or slack with useless crying.

SeXy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:40:57 PM

I love when there are projects that are aimed at developing technologies, creating a perfect crypto currency, it will be very interesting to observe the project
zaliass

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:52:13 PM

Here's an idea, make a new moderated thread and whoever says a word about the airdrop just simply delete their comment. I'm fucking sick and tired of reading through pages of pure welfare whining, it's disgusting. The same goes for those who cry that tonych still holds a big portion, you people act like you give a fuck and then buy ripple, dash and all the other shit that is heavily in the hands of developers and they are not even thinking about distributing it, that's their until they dump and that's it, still you people praise those.... I've been reading this forum less and less but every time I read it, the hatred just grows. It seems that all this crypto space is just a cesspool of parasites and beggars for food stamps. Seriously, you can't find information at all here without wasting hours (even after missing just 1-2 weeks) since it's all whining. Sell and GTFO already, really, you won't help yourself with all your whining, nothing will change, you guys state a million times that tonych doesn't listen to the "community" (sick twist on the word parasite), well why the fuck you think he will read or care about your whining now ? Put up your sell orders or dump directly but stop spamming this thread or slack with useless crying.

Here Here

Don't have merits to give unfortunately.

On a different note i think the Sports Betting bot should maybe look into adding more games (although all the ones I'm interested in are covered)

xfirefly

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:53:20 PM

Byteball already got big.  Too bad I'm already late to see this gem. Very happy on your Success guys! it have a very nice Community and the Dev Team is awesome too.
Aboutdead

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:54:17 PM

I have a question. This days many people attempts to add zcash to Dag Is byteball possible too?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:02:39 PM
Merited by bitserve (1)

LOL so to add to the mistrust we now just moderate out comments we don't like to address in a logical manner. Sounds like a great plan - this is a decentralised trustless crypto currency we are talking about right?

sshhh  ... let's not start comparing this to schemes like xrp and dash.

People here were led to believe in the full moon drops. They invested on the basis on these. These were then cancelled on a whim.

I don't think that qualifies them as beggars and welfare whiners.

I don't see how you can conclude people asking for what was intimated (not promised apparently) is begging and whining.

BB has now serious trust issues. These need to be addressed.

This giving only to those who linked their btc since novemeber seems quite foolish.  I mean they invested NOTHING. What about those that actually INVESTED in byteball on the basis of the march airdrop who now not only do not get their airdrop they get a 30% haircut on their investment due to more people bailing because of more failed promises (not promises)

Tony hiding on slack making more insane decisions is not what is needed.

Give people 30 bucks share in a project does what exactly? NOTHING it;s not enough to provide any incentive to help or contribute. Just dump for BTC and on to the next free crypto snack.

You don't want a ton of new peasant users who care about getting 30 bucks you want to get into the MC zone where people take immediate note of your project. You want long term large investors who believe in the project because they know they can rely on a decentralised
trustless project. Not be at the mercy of the mood of one highly changeable individual.

Tony needs to employ some people who know how to market this great creation. Paying a few mom and pop veggie stores to accept BB is not going to cut it against teams that are targeting huge corps.

The distribution so far has been a disaster. You lost the trustless decentralised bullet points and instead of turning it into a huge collusion market making scheme so you could be in the top 10 you enabled competing project managers to have the power to pump and dump at will. We then sprinkled on the top the financial pillaging of those that bought BB on the basis of the full moon drops and destroyed trust further.

Come on wise up before we are drowned in new DAG projects and byteball has even less reason to stand out than it does currently.

You need to address the reasons why so many are so unhappy with being mislead not try to moderate out their valid concerns.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:07:42 PM

Here Here

On a different note i think the Sports Betting bot should maybe look into adding more games (although all the ones I'm interested in are covered)

Thankfully you don't have any merit to squander as yet. This demonstrates the merit scheme is working well. If I could demerit you  for such a comment I would surely do so. This would actually hopefully inspire you to read and research more before posting again. So I would be helping you.

You need to educate yourself on decentralised trustless projects before trying to donate merit to a suggestion that is directly in opposition to such a model.

You can not moderate out people who are complaining because they invested on the basis of the full moon drops only to be told they were not talking  place. That is actually the total and utter destruction of trust and the fact one person made this decision crushes the decentralised nature of the project too.

Please do more reading before cluttering threads with nonsense.

Tony is great but at coding and design only. The distribution has been the worst I have seen and although it would seem impossible keeps damaging the project further and further.

Distribute 30% to byteball holders or put that 30% in a pot and lets hire a real marketing team with full ledger. The 10% remaining tonych should retain to pursue whatever course he chooses.

protesto

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:01:55 PM

Here Here

Thankfully you don't have any merit to squander as yet. This demonstrates the merit scheme is working well. If I could demerit you  for such a comment I would surely do so. This would actually hopefully inspire you to read and research more before posting again. So I would be helping you.

You need to educate yourself on decentralised trustless projects before trying to donate merit to a suggestion that is directly in opposition to such a model.

You can not moderate out people who are complaining because they invested on the basis of the full moon drops only to be told they were not talking  place. That is actually the total and utter destruction of trust and the fact one person made this decision crushes the decentralised nature of the project too.

Please do more reading before cluttering threads with nonsense.

Tony is great but at coding and design only. The distribution has been the worst I have seen and although it would seem impossible keeps damaging the project further and further.

Distribute 30% to byteball holders or put that 30% in a pot and lets hire a real marketing team with full ledger. The 10% remaining tonych should retain to pursue whatever course he chooses.
&
Cancelling an airdrop while BB & BTC prices are going higher, while there is no real use case / no serious partnership/ no incoming positive news... What a terrible idea! You are %100 right, they should hire a new pr/marketing team immediately!
IckyYak22871

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:35:02 PM

Everybody is whining about canceled airdrop, although it was pretty clear 2 month ago that it is not going to happen, instead of discussing a technology, how stupid is this! Meanwhile, the results of recent stress tests are rather disappointing. The DAG is perhaps a nice technology, but byteball implementation is only marginally faster than bitcoin or ethereum, which is still too slow to be practical, and it is centralized. Sort of worst of two worlds...
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:38:06 PM

Just as a point of order, for the folks who keep saying the most recent airdrop was never guaranteed, here's what the op said about a year ago:

98% of all bytes and blackbytes (the private untraceable currency) will be distributed among bitcoin holders who link their bitcoin and byteball addresses before any of the distribution rounds.  No investment required, you keep your bitcoins, plus receive the bytes and blackbytes.  See below how to receive the coins.

98%. Not 60% and then a variety of kludges to supposedly get the remaining 40% out to people willing to jump through hoops for a few scraps. The original distribution proposal was quite clear and specific - 98% to bitcoin and byteball holders.

After rewards to Bitcoin holders were reduced this original plan was still in tact. Even after greatly reducing frequency of airdrops and adding in other methods it was mostly intact, since no one uses cashback and people that only have Latin characters on their passport didn't seem very excited to waste time to get a few dollars of centralized shitcoin, and you can only do so many 5MB text coin giveaways per day. Now the plan is completely abandoned. I think you can see how people view this as a betrayal or broken guarantee or promise.

It's kind of funny there is so much indecision and uncertainty now around the distribution. tonych is in fact the dictator of byteball - he is in charge of development, is in complete control of the network, and is the central bank holding 50% of all bytes. An indecisive dictator. He's worse than my wife trying to figure out where to go out to dinner. And everyone knows the adage about markets and uncertainty.

muleroaa

Activity: 924
Merit: 526

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:42:57 PM

Couldn't it be a solution to airdrop only half of the usual amount of ByteBalls? Use the other half for the other allocations? This way I think everyone could be happy.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
protesto

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:07:47 PM

Couldn't it be a solution to airdrop only half of the usual amount of ByteBalls? Use the other half for the other allocations? This way I think everyone could be happy.

It's not about getting free bb, it's about backing out at the last moment and not sticking to the plan knowing there will be negative effects. Actually it shows that there isn't a real marketing plan and this causes trust issues about the future of this coin.
Random-String-Symphony

Activity: 77
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:14:42 PM
Merited by julian071 (5), jjacob (3), vlom (3), EcuaMobi (2), LoyceV (1), bobq (1)

It's quite funny to see how shortsighted many of you are. Tony's vision is quite clear and he is very very ambitious. That's why I love this project so much. Who cares about the price in $ or BTC of GBYTE at this stage anyway, it's barely year 2 of the project. Distribution is nowhere near finished, decentralization still has to happen and new features are being churned out like clockwork. Anyone who zooms out a little can see that this is the most impressive crypto project of them all, especially considering it's mostly being built by a single genius coder who luckily doesn't give a damn about speculators or so called investors. For those of you still blinded by greed I'll spell it out for you:

1. Designed from the ground up as a better version of Bitcoin in every possible way, yes even security wise. In theory ofcourse, he's busy building all this.
2. Understanding that you should focus on user adoption and user experience instead of speculation/exchanges.
3. Currently roughly ~15tps max but no time wasted on speed optimization yet because the network is nowhere near capacity yet, so waste of time, better work on new features. We know it can scale.
4. Understand that this is meant to be used in the real world instead of "HODLed till moon". So some kind of trust is not bad, extremism is bad. You can still be swindled with your 100% trustless currency, because the physical world does actually exist. So why not integrate with it! Witnesses are a brilliant solution to bond the real and virtual worlds.
5. Marketing, whatfor!? The basics aren't even finished yet, why start screaming already? Marketing to get active contributors involved, yes! Please let's do that. But hardly anyone does anything but whine instead of helping Tony achieve his mission.

So once all of this is done, a few years from now probably, Byteball will turn into:
The most feature rich, extremely fast (at least x100 from now) crypto platform you can imagine with insanely low fees that has millions of actual users.
12 high profile real world witnesses, like Jumio, Bittrex, Amazon, Tesla, Wikileaks, UNICEF, etc. providing decentralization and security.
Many useful chat bots and integration in many web front ends / web applications as a backend system.

That's what I believe in and why I have bought some (a lot) GB on top of what I got for free. If you don't believe in it then please just dump your GB and move to some other project.
All of you that learned about this project before November had a chance to own a part of this for FREE, noone asked you to invest in it.

Now that the groundwork is almost finished and actual ICOs can be run on Byteball it's beginning to make sense to buy some Bytes to actually use it, so why give everything away for free to the people who already got so many. It just doesn't make sense. So from this whole vision it's super obvious that the airdrops must stop, they will destroy the vision when continued.

So, who wants to contribute instead of whine?

⚪ Obyte     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
meterse
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:24:28 PM

It's quite funny to see how shortsighted many of you are. Tony's vision is quite clear and he is very very ambitious. That's why I love this project so much. Who cares about the price in $ or BTC of GBYTE at this stage anyway, it's barely year 2 of the project. Distribution is nowhere near finished, decentralization still has to happen and new features are being churned out like clockwork. Anyone who zooms out a little can see that this is the most impressive crypto project of them all, especially considering it's mostly being built by a single genius coder who luckily doesn't give a damn about speculators or so called investors. For those of you still blinded by greed I'll spell it out for you:

1. Designed from the ground up as a better version of Bitcoin in every possible way, yes even security wise. In theory ofcourse, he's busy building all this.
2. Understanding that you should focus on user adoption and user experience instead of speculation/exchanges.
3. Currently roughly ~15tps max but no time wasted on speed optimization yet because the network is nowhere near capacity yet, so waste of time, better work on new features. We know it can scale.
4. Understand that this is meant to be used in the real world instead of "HODLed till moon". So some kind of trust is not bad, extremism is bad. You can still be swindled with your 100% trustless currency, because the physical world does actually exist. So why not integrate with it! Witnesses are a brilliant solution to bond the real and virtual worlds.
5. Marketing, whatfor!? The basics aren't even finished yet, why start screaming already? Marketing to get active contributors involved, yes! Please let's do that. But hardly anyone does anything but whine instead of helping Tony achieve his mission.

So once all of this is done, a few years from now probably, Byteball will turn into:
The most feature rich, extremely fast (at least x100 from now) crypto platform you can imagine with insanely low fees that has millions of actual users.
12 high profile real world witnesses, like Jumio, Bittrex, Amazon, Tesla, Wikileaks, UNICEF, etc. providing decentralization and security.
Many useful chat bots and integration in many web front ends / web applications as a backend system.

That's what I believe in and why I have bought some (a lot) GB on top of what I got for free. If you don't believe in it then please just dump your GB and move to some other project.
All of you that learned about this project before November had a chance to own a part of this for FREE, noone asked you to invest in it.

Now that the groundwork is almost finished and actual ICOs can be run on Byteball it's beginning to make sense to buy some Bytes to actually use it, so why give everything away for free to the people who already got so many. It just doesn't make sense. So from this whole vision it's super obvious that the airdrops must stop, they will destroy the vision when continued.

So, who wants to contribute instead of whine?

brilliant, brilliant post. My thoughts exactly. Are you on the Byteball slack? If not please join https://slack.byteball.org/
CosaNostra

Activity: 843
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:20:52 PM

Just as a point of order, for the folks who keep saying the most recent airdrop was never guaranteed, here's what the op said about a year ago:

98% of all bytes and blackbytes (the private untraceable currency) will be distributed among bitcoin holders who link their bitcoin and byteball addresses before any of the distribution rounds.  No investment required, you keep your bitcoins, plus receive the bytes and blackbytes.  See below how to receive the coins.

98%. Not 60% and then a variety of kludges to supposedly get the remaining 40% out to people willing to jump through hoops for a few scraps. The original distribution proposal was quite clear and specific - 98% to bitcoin and byteball holders.

After rewards to Bitcoin holders were reduced this original plan was still in tact. Even after greatly reducing frequency of airdrops and adding in other methods it was mostly intact, since no one uses cashback and people that only have Latin characters on their passport didn't seem very excited to waste time to get a few dollars of centralized shitcoin, and you can only do so many 5MB text coin giveaways per day. Now the plan is completely abandoned. I think you can see how people view this as a betrayal or broken guarantee or promise.

It's kind of funny there is so much indecision and uncertainty now around the distribution. tonych is in fact the dictator of byteball - he is in charge of development, is in complete control of the network, and is the central bank holding 50% of all bytes. An indecisive dictator. He's worse than my wife trying to figure out where to go out to dinner. And everyone knows the adage about markets and uncertainty.

Absolutely agreed with all above. Really...
Dev, you didn't know you gonna cancel the march distribution until now? I imagine you were thinking this over and over again countless nights and finally made this hard decision, right? 10 days before fucking "tentative airdrop". Why not the last day, huh? WTF man?

And you shills posting from newbie accounts STFU!  Angry
Damn, I'm so pissed off now

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Pages: « 1 ... 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 [871] 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: