Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:35:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233987 times)
CryptoUnicornRider

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:09:45 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2018, 02:19:53 AM by CryptoUnicornRider

Byteball need witnesses + POS. If the witnesses honest, DAG works in the fast mode. If the Byteball witnesses under 51 attack, DAG switch to POS algorithm (slow mode) until 51 attack will not be fixed and the new witnesses will not replace malicious ones.

Hi pineapple express,

What you call 51 attack isn't really possible with the Byteball DAG model because there is no miner and due to the serialized logic of partial orders and then of total orders.

Obviously, majority of witnesses could collude in attempt to rewrite history. Unfortunately for them, an attempt of rewriting history has severe consequences with the Byteball model because everybody is allowed to post/write units/data in the chain/database.

Indeed, every unit posted in the chain has a referenced parent and this parent a chain of referenced ancestors until the genesis unit. Alter the chain of a unit ancestors will create inevitabilly orphan units and potentially break the chain until the genesis unit.

Honnest witnesses can detect this kind of paradoxal events and choose a new chain as best chain. Worst, honnest witnesses will exclude dishonnest ones and communicate about these renegates publicly to be sure that community will exclude them definitively.

In plus, Byteball model tolerates 1 witness permutation that allows potential alternate histories/realities to coexist along the main chain. These alternate chains can be choose to handle the cataclismic event of rewriting attempt.

Eventually, the role of witnesses are to post units periodically every 100 non-witnesses main chain which will be used as lighthouses (or luminous witnesses) by non-witnesses. These navigational aids for non-witnesses allow them to choose the best chain/path until the genesis unit. So, witnesses can't rewrite non-witnesses posts and their "power" is very limited and mainly honorific.

By the way, everybody can run a witness node and set it as its own permuted witness with the possibility of keep the chain healty until the genesis unit with its own reality. Better, we can be the lighthouse of many ;-) Yes, we can be a non-official witness.

Bye
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:11:27 AM

Walletinvestor only analyzes the price trend (which the decisions of the Byteball management are responsible for).

Should the management ever come to its senses, the direction will change again, but so far it doesn't look like that. Hence the forecast towards zero.

From the same website:

What is the Ethereum price today?
The current price of Ethereum is 198.782 USD today.

Will Ethereum price drop / fall?
Yes. The price of Ethereum may drop from 198.782 USD to 0.000001 USD. The change will be -100.00%.

Will Ethereum price grow / rise / go up?
No (see above).

Will Ethereum replace / surpass / overtake Bitcoin?
According to our predictions, this won't happen in near future.

Will Ethereum crash?
According to our analysis, this can happen.

Will Ethereum hit 1 000 USD in a year?
Not within a year ( see above).

Will Ethereum hit 2 000 USD in a year?

LOL

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
Thul

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 07:26:39 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2018, 07:43:15 AM by Thul

Walletinvestor only analyzes the price trend (which the decisions of the Byteball management are responsible for).

Should the management ever come to its senses, the direction will change again, but so far it doesn't look like that. Hence the forecast towards zero.

From the same website:

What is the Ethereum price today?
The current price of Ethereum is 198.782 USD today.

Will Ethereum price drop / fall?
Yes. The price of Ethereum may drop from 198.782 USD to 0.000001 USD. The change will be -100.00%.

Will Ethereum price grow / rise / go up?
No (see above).

Will Ethereum replace / surpass / overtake Bitcoin?

Will Ethereum crash?

Will Ethereum hit 1 000 USD in a year?

Will Ethereum hit 2 000 USD in a year?

LOL
I can't say anything about ETH.
My focus is on an initially promising project, but it is becoming increasingly run down over time. The course reflects this (I suppose it's similar at ETH?).

Responsible for this is the arrogance and ignorance of management and development (how one can still allow the association to a bite gag after months of criticism regarding the naming is a mystery to me), and of course an aphatic community that celebrates every gimmick like an absolute technical breakthrough.

Developments which increase the demand and make this currency usable are still not in sight. - But the Byteball project is not alone in this. Only Bitcoin is the exception here, albeit with restrictions.

Edit: On the Walletinvestor side ETH has an "A+" rating, Byteball on the other hand has a "D".
barborrico

Activity: 111
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 08:34:20 AM

In fact, you have to change marketing seriously. Byteball it is not decentralized, and never will by design.

The cause is simply: when I want to become a witness, I have to ask EVERY NETWORK NODE (controlling byteball main hub would do this easier).  
Very different is the case when I want to become a miner, I DON'T HAVE TO ASK ANYONE.
Because of that, PoW is decentralized, and Byteball not.

Byteball is a DISTRIBUTED database with twelve high reputable nodes that help network to reach consensus.

That twelve nodes FORM a single point of failure, and the power those witnesses have over the network is not related to this fact.

Don't pretend to be what you are not.
whenearth

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 08:55:38 AM

In fact, you have to change marketing seriously. Byteball it is not decentralized, and never will by design.

The cause is simply: when I want to become a witness, I have to ask EVERY NETWORK NODE (controlling byteball main hub would do this easier).  
Very different is the case when I want to become a miner, I DON'T HAVE TO ASK ANYONE.

Byteball is a DISTRIBUTED database with twelve high reputable nodes that help network to reach consensus.

That twelve nodes FORM a single point of failure, and the power those witnesses have over the network is not related to this fact.

dont worry, the odds on you becoming a witness are 0%

barborrico

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:12:31 AM

Nice answer, but inaccurate:
dont worry, the odds on someone except big companies becoming a witness are 0%

In theory, anyone can be a witness.

In practice, only big companies can.
meterse
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 8

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:21:55 AM

Tonys face when he hears barborrico wants to be a witness

Thul

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:29:25 AM

That is indeed a problem. What could a solution look like?
A secret witness routing the database via TOR?

Publicly known witnesses could easily be eliminated by state despotism and violence.
barborrico

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:53:42 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2018, 11:14:59 AM by barborrico

Yes yes, of course, I don't care about witnesses selection but I want to be one of them

Don't be dumb and reply with arguments please. Well, if you want to help greatly to byteball, as your signature states.
barborrico

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:59:57 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2018, 11:12:04 AM by barborrico

Publicly known witnesses could easily be eliminated by state despotism and violence.

There is no solution. Byteball team has to assume the truth, and act accordingly. Starting with calling the process "witness distribution" instead of "witness decentralization".

But, as you see, first reaction is laugh to one. Acceptance comes later, after some intermediate states.
meterse
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 8

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:19:05 AM

https://twitter.com/ByteballOrg/status/1053243171260588032
whenearth

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:49:58 AM

https://i.imgur.com/SLmh3zH.jpg

lol
Thul

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:09:31 PM

There is no solution. Byteball team has to assume the truth, and act accordingly. Starting with calling the process "witness distribution" instead of "witness decentralization".

But, as you see, first reaction is laugh to one. Acceptance comes later, after some intermediate states.
Yes, but as long as some can laugh unopposed about such nonsense, it still looks bad for the project.
Thul

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:18:44 PM

Would it not have been more senseful to announce such an action beforehand?

And then to random recipients. - Welcome nepotism.  Roll Eyes

Who the hell is responsible for such marketing?  Huh
whenearth

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:34:57 PM

'random engaged' is not random
whenearth

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:38:01 PM

98% price retrace with no change in fundamentals is no joke. I suppose that at least a short term bounce is due, maybe even something more.

fundamentals are stronger now, and will be much more so once the community selects witnesses
At least in the twisting and ignoring of facts, management shows brilliant performances.  Roll Eyes

What is the Byteball Bytes price today?
The current price of Byteball Bytes is 41.487 USD today.

Will Byteball Bytes price drop / fall?
Yes. The price of Byteball Bytes may drop from 41.487 USD to 0.000001 USD. The change will be -100.00%.

Will Byteball Bytes price grow / rise / go up?
No (see above).

Will Byteball Bytes replace / surpass / overtake Bitcoin?

Will Byteball Bytes crash?

https://walletinvestor.com/forecast/byteball-bytes-prediction

Why would anybody take anything seriously what Wallet Investor website says? To be critical at something, why wouldn't you be more critical about your sources that you use?
I mean, zero USD is anything lower than 0.01, but they are trying to say that it will go lower than zero, to be precise - 0.000001 USD.
If this is not straight up FUD or lazy coding then what is? How can anybody take seriously anything that just draws a trendline to some abstract small dollar value, without considering the fact that it is not in their control when next bull-market will began?

This website doesn't do any analysis, it just draws a meaningless trendlines. If the price will crash to zero, it will need a reason, not just some event that could happen, but some event that will happen.

exactly, if you base what you buy and sell from such retarded websites you deserve to be broke
tarmo888

Activity: 563
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 01:19:49 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2018, 01:30:40 PM by tarmo888

I can't say anything about ETH.
My focus is on an initially promising project, but it is becoming increasingly run down over time. The course reflects this (I suppose it's similar at ETH?).

Responsible for this is the arrogance and ignorance of management and development (how one can still allow the association to a bite gag after months of criticism regarding the naming is a mystery to me), and of course an aphatic community that celebrates every gimmick like an absolute technical breakthrough.

Developments which increase the demand and make this currency usable are still not in sight. - But the Byteball project is not alone in this. Only Bitcoin is the exception here, albeit with restrictions.

Edit: On the Walletinvestor side ETH has an "A+" rating, Byteball on the other hand has a "D".

Do you understand that Bitcoin is as stupid name as Byteball? Both are about what you call "bite gag", I am just not sure, which is more stupid, either biting a coin in past tense or call to action for somebody to bite a ball. Hmm, only editable coin I know is chocolate coin, but there are many editable ball shaped candy gums that you can bite.

So, you expect that when some people complain about the name, it should be immediately changed? And if it is not then it is okay to spread FUD until the team gives up and does something about it?

Latest video with Valerius Coppens mentions branding, but I am afraid that if there will be new name, it could be as stupid as Bitcoin or Byteball. I just hope it won't be as bad as Ethereum - that is a worse cryptocurrency name ever. I can't believe they still haven't rebranded.
https://youtu.be/lvstCXQqhVw

If you think that Byteball integrated with Bisq is such a great idea, stop moaning about it and find yourself a team who builds it (both projects are open-source), otherwise you don't get the ideas done that you think are genius. You might even make a profit, if this project turns out as successful as you describe.
CryptoUnicornRider

Activity: 36

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:01:19 PM

Hi barborrico,

As I told previously to pineapple express, everybody can run a witness node and set it as its own permuted witness with the possibility of keeping the chain healty until the genesis unit with its own reality perception. Better, we can be the lighthouse of many. So, yes, you can be a non-official witness without asking permission to anyone and who knows if you'll not be one of official witnesses one day.

Bye
tarmo888

Activity: 563
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 02:19:21 PM

guys, the scalability of DAG supposed to be much, much better than blockchain?
Is this an advantage of BYTEBALL?

Yes, but since it is not optimized for performance yet, last time there was a stress test, it had similar performance as Ethereum. When Byteball will be as successful as Ethereum, database queries can be improved to remove the bottlenecks.

Also, because it is not as popular yet, confirmation times are slower (5-15 minutes) than they would be (under minute) when there would be more activity on Byteball. So, Byteball has not yet shown it's full potential.
Thul

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 03:12:46 PM

'random engaged' is not random
That's irrelevant.
It matters the effect on those whose native language is NOT English.

Which is conspicuous: Not the management is criticized for its mistakes, but the critics who point them out.

But the critics are certainly not responsible for the lack of demand...
Pages: « 1 ... 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 [1022] 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: