Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:13:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 [736] 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:27:52 AM

does anyone know who KNC chose to do their packaging and assembling?
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:28:45 AM

Wow so much for 1 day shipping. Why didn't KNC give us an option to pay more for 1 day shipping. UPS express saver is now going to hold me package over the weekend. Delivery is expected on Monday which is 4 business days from when it shipped on Wednesday. Thry orignally said Friday.

Its bullshit that they said 1 day in the check out but then shipped it via a 3 day UPS mail with no saturday delivery. It should have said 3 day shipping in the checkout process.
I'm in the same boat.  Although I'm secretly hoping it will at least make it to the UPS facility near my location tomorrow. Then maybe I can pick it up from them on late Friday/early Saturday.

I called UPS and asked that they told me my center was not open on Saturday so its not an option for me. The whole Next Day shipping thing is really deceiving, it should say 1-3 days and list the UPS shipping method. If that doesn't change this will be my first and last KNC miner, gotta vote with your wallet.
Had the same situation last week end.  The miner arrived at my home town early Saturday morning, unfortunately according to the international customer service rep I couldn't pick it up any time on Saturday because it hadn't been sorted yet.  Definitely worth a call though just in case.  Sucks watching it sit there for over 48 hrs hah.
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:30:59 AM

Wonder what date the first Mercury will ship.   Roll Eyes

What was the 1st date they were available? That's why they may not be shipping now.

Understood.  I wonder none the less.

Interestingly, there was apparently a 28xx order, date 28 June, not shipped so perhaps picked up, French, listed on the thread KNC list of orders October delivery, a Saturn.  I bought my Mercury on July 3 and I think they had been available a few days already at that time so Mercurys might start shipping soon!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=249065.260
he says received = no, or non since he is French. No idea where KnC is on their shipping queue. It's really sad how uncommunicative they are and how we have to beg each other for information to figure out what the hell is going on. Sad thing is I had to explain to my wife how this "investment" is not going to work out. At least she was cool about it.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:40:05 AM

That guy standing doing nothing. Whoever was there. Bitcoinorama was dragged into packing for a while. As my granny used to say, you can't make a silk purse from a pigs ear. They could only use what they had available. Sadly.

I think they trusted the couriers to be better at their job. Ironically we could say the same of them  Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:41:10 AM

they did it themselves... they even had Bitcoinorama slapping some together

ya, what timmers said

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:46:04 AM

I'm thinking of buying 2x 140mm fans and just put them with cables ties on the outside of the case at the rear (exhaust side), so they can help a little bit with removing the hot air.

The pre-installed fans at the front of the case are intake fans?!  Are you sure?  That would be very poor design if true.  I assumed they were exhaust fans.

But yes, I think it's an excellent idea to install fans on both ends of the case in a push-pull configuration.

Yes, intake. I think it is better that they are intake as there are no other fans to supply fresh air into the case. Adding a second set on the other end to exhaust will probably improve the airflow and the temps:

soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:49:27 AM

Wonder what date the first Mercury will ship.   Roll Eyes

What was the 1st date they were available? That's why they may not be shipping now.

Understood.  I wonder none the less.

Interestingly, there was apparently a 28xx order, date 28 June, not shipped so perhaps picked up, French, listed on the thread KNC list of orders October delivery, a Saturn.  I bought my Mercury on July 3 and I think they had been available a few days already at that time so Mercurys might start shipping soon!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=249065.260
he says received = no, or non since he is French. No idea where KnC is on their shipping queue. It's really sad how uncommunicative they are and how we have to beg each other for information to figure out what the hell is going on. Sad thing is I had to explain to my wife how this "investment" is not going to work out. At least she was cool about it.

I saw the potential for misinterpretation of his original post which I had arrived at after seeing its congrats reply.  Thought it could go either way so took it as saying reception.  So, he was just posting that his order was placed.  I understand.  

I still wonder when the first Merc will ship.  I've a vested interest.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:51:24 AM

CRAP!  My shipment just updated and it is now set for delivery on monday instead of tomorrow....Sad

CRAP!  My order hasn't been built yet Sad

Ditto...and as far as I can tell are ANY miners even being shipped the last few days or are they holding them for firmware updates....no one seems to be passing on that their stuff is in processing or tracking numbers work

or the stuff is moving it is very slow?

sigh...had a 190x order could not get $$$ together ..now have 304x order duh..that may have been a mistake

and yeah I've been looking at the bitcointalk order page it has not been updated in a few days

(well this sucks....BFL deja vu)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
kronut

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:51:38 AM

Has anyone tried the push/pull method by adding fans to the heatsinks on the free side, is there enough room with the cover on? That should increase airflow quite a bit.
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:52:17 AM

If a person gets a Bitpay refund when the spot price is lower than when you paid, do you get more BTC back?
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:59:21 AM

I'm thinking of buying 2x 140mm fans and just put them with cables ties on the outside of the case at the rear (exhaust side), so they can help a little bit with removing the hot air.

The pre-installed fans at the front of the case are intake fans?!  Are you sure?  That would be very poor design if true.  I assumed they were exhaust fans.

But yes, I think it's an excellent idea to install fans on both ends of the case in a push-pull configuration.

Yes, intake. I think it is better that they are intake as there are no other fans to supply fresh air into the case. Adding a second set on the other end to exhaust will probably improve the airflow and the temps:

Thanks for clarifying that!

Well, no wonder these things are overheating and bursting into flames!  Lol.  How could someone design this simple case and NOT include exhaust fans.  With all of those heatsink fans blowing air around and causing turbulence, I can't imagine the case is adequately exchanging air.
DPoS

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:00:19 AM

Has anyone tried the push/pull method by adding fans to the heatsinks on the free side, is there enough room with the cover on? That should increase airflow quite a bit.

I have a few ideas I'm planning to do.  Yes there is a lot of room even in the Jupiters for adjustments but I think the bigger issue with them is that the front row needs to push hot air out the sides (and above if you dont care on stacking them)

when I get something more complete (research sizes of fans, etc) I will post something

one thing most don't know is that the lid does have fins to try to push air to the sides from the front heatsinks but I think they should go all the way to the sides and have their own vents on the side

adding a few more strategic fans inside will aid the flow a lot

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:02:19 AM

I think the consensus is you take the cover off you find the 1x or more boards that seem to be hot...you then take fan an point it directly at hot unit.....and another fan a bit away from the miner to move air away from the box entirely....and/or find a "cold' basement as well (Minnesota)

Does the above seem to be the consensus on what to do 'so far' till the firmware gets fixed or other issues are dealt with?

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:03:49 AM

Well, no wonder these things are overheating and bursting into flames!  Lol.  How could someone design this simple case and NOT include exhaust fans.  With all of those heatsink fans blowing air around and causing turbulence, I can't imagine the case is adequately exchanging air.

bwahaha!

water cooling anyone?
DPoS

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:04:20 AM

I think the consensus is you take the cover off you find the 1x or more boards that seem to be hot...you then take fan an point it directly at hot unit.....and another fan a bit away from the miner to move air away from the box entirely....and/or find a "cold' basement as well (Minnesota)

Does the above seem to be the consensus on what to do 'so far' till the firmware gets fixed or other issues are dealt with?

Searing

yes

this was my quick fixes the day I got them which led my miners to go from ~420 Gh to ~520 Gh which more than paid for the run to Kmart for fans

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=306969.msg3316237#msg3316237

so now I have lids off to measure modifications and can plan to cool it way better before I put them back on

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:06:14 AM

bwahaha!

water cooling anyone?

hmm...if you have a really bad board/chip arrangement is this something that should be considered?

or would you void warranty? (i'd guess yes)

curious need some guy with 'modding' experience to see if something equiv  or better then the arctic i30 heatsink is worth doing?

Searing

demonmaestro

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:07:58 AM

Squid Girl... should know all.  Grin

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
demonmaestro

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:09:14 AM

bwahaha!

water cooling anyone?

hmm water cooling...  Shocked  Cool I think i am going to do that.

Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:10:13 AM

bwahaha!

water cooling anyone?

hmm water cooling...  Shocked  Cool I think i am going to do that.

or, you can just buy a HashFast.
demonmaestro

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:17:32 AM

well im waiting on my knc first.

also does anyone have the link to the heatsink setup they are currently using. I could not find it under search.

Pages: « 1 ... 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 [736] 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: