Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:28:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 [2104] 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 02:04:01 AM

I bet,  making the Y connectors into 3 way Y connectors would definitely drop the strain on the ATX cables =)
That would drop the watts per cable down to about 110w.

I suppose. However when someone puts a cube on your doorstep that did this:

You wonder if that cube plug is just a limiting factor.

Ultimately it's up to everyone to do what is best in their circumstances. :-)

Yeahp, in that case it is the plug, I think overall the plug / connector is at a max of sorts too... Molex designates that specific PCie 6pin connector to only be able to handle 12amps. We are pulling more than double through it.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maxumark

Activity: 159
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:44:01 PM

Well, these two units are currently running approximately one (1) inch away from each other, so the environment is pretty constant. The difference between the two is the difference between an average DC-DC temp of

ASIC slot   Temperature   DC/DC avg temp   Clock   Type
1   ---   ---   ---   OFF
2   32.5 ℃   47.4 ℃   225 MHz   TI
3   ---   ---   ---   OFF
4   ---   ---   ---   OFF
5   ---   ---   ---   OFF
6   41 ℃   62.0 ℃   275 MHz   TI

Which is pretty big for that extra 10mh.

You mentioned that your power supply cables melted at least once, and I just saw a picture of a guy's power supply that basically started to set fire to his house. Glad his house did not burn down, but the problem was the same, power supply cables melted. Fixing melted units that blow the PCB connectors is a real bear and I just got a Neptune in that had a blown power cable that led to a short on pin 6 (this time to the .7 line which allows it to work, but very weird) which proves board burns can damage other Neptunes and Titans due to the lack of signal isolation on the controllers and/or the units.

Perhaps a good code release would be a "do not pull more than X watts from the supply lines" so people could put in 180 to be nice and comfortable up to 260+ if they really want to see things go foom or something. As always I stand by to fix the blown cubes, but it would be better if they didn't blow in the first place.

well if a blow up a cube I'll give you a try to fix it, so far they've been running pretty good but have to do maintenance on them as needed: clean, replace cables, y connectors, capacitors etc

btw I fried a 6-pin pcie connector today, I could barely get them unplugged. I used someone's idea on here to use side-cutters and cut the plastic away, just leaving the 6 pins on the pcb. I cleaned the pins as best I could and it worked great. So much easier than desoldering & soldering a new pcie connector. I have replaced 2 pcie connectors in the past and it so difficult, that solder is tough, it took hot air & a soldering iron to get it hot enough, a real pain in the neck.

Thx whoever posted that little trick, worked great and saved so much time & aggravation  Smiley

I fried 2 y-connectors & 1 pcie connector this week, but it's been  a long time since any problems so that's not too bad
Your Welcome :-)

Mining LTC and other alts since 2014 when I thought I missed the BTC train.
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 06:29:36 PM

POLL:
Based off of ... I believe lightfoot's recommendation ...
For my next release, who would find a "cable / connector life saver" option valuable?
Basically it would be an algorithm to guestimate how much power is being drawn through each PSU cable assuming the Y connector & 2 PSU cables are present, per cube.
The algo would then take into account current draw per DCDC & overall watts & possibly even temps guestimated by the cube and then drop the clocks down until the power usage would be below 140-150w per cable coming off the cube.
This would of course make the Titan slower but far less risk of burning cables.

I really dont know how valuable such an option will ultimately be, because I know most miners just want to push these things as hard as they will go and when stuff does burn up, just replace and move on.
So, may be a lot of work for nothing really. But its an interesting idea =P

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
TXSteve

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 08:01:24 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2016, 08:29:09 PM by TXSteve

POLL:
For my next release, who would find a "cable / connector life saver" option valuable?
Basically it would be an algorithm to guestimate how much power is being drawn through each PSU cable assuming the Y connector & 2 PSU cables are present, per cube.
The algo would then take into account current draw per DCDC & overall watts & possibly even temps guestimated by the cube and then drop the clocks down until the power usage would be below 140-150w per cable coming off the cube.

I really dont know how valuable such an option will ultimately be, because I know most miners just want to push these things as hard as they will go and when stuff does burn up, just replace and move on.

I have noticed that when multiple dies fail at the same time that this is a great signal that there is a power problem. I have alarms set when mh/s drops below a certain level I can manually monitor the advanced page. On the last alarm 2 dies failed at the same time, on the same cube and your firmware soft restarted them. A few hours later the whole cube failed because the psu shutdown so I checked the cube and discovered the fried pcie connector.  And this PCIE was seriously burnt, there wasn't much left of it, the male/female were melted/fused together, I needed pliers to separate them.  In this case restarting the dies earlier certainly didn't help.

So maybe some logic that when 2 or more dies fail at the same time just shut the whole cube down till it is cold started or rebooted.  I don't know if or how often this would generate false alarms, but I've never noticed 2 dies failing at the same time except in this instance.
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 09:16:28 PM

POLL:

I have noticed that when multiple dies fail at the same time that this is a great signal that there is a power problem. I have alarms set when mh/s drops below a certain level I can manually monitor the advanced page. On the last alarm 2 dies failed at the same time, on the same cube and your firmware soft restarted them. A few hours later the whole cube failed because the psu shutdown so I checked the cube and discovered the fried pcie connector.  And this PCIE was seriously burnt, there wasn't much left of it, the male/female were melted/fused together, I needed pliers to separate them.  In this case restarting the dies earlier certainly didn't help.

So maybe some logic that when 2 or more dies fail at the same time just shut the whole cube down till it is cold started or rebooted.  I don't know if or how often this would generate false alarms, but I've never noticed 2 dies failing at the same time except in this instance.

Unless that exact situation can be reproduced more than a few times .... it could have been just coincidence at this point =(
Even then, 2 dies could go down around the same time and there not be any power issue at all. Ive witnessed it several times on my Titan.
But, a definite pattern of many different miners would have to prove this is the case before coding this into the firmware.

TXSteve

Activity: 342

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 09:33:19 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2016, 09:44:39 PM by TXSteve

POLL:

Unless that exact situation can be reproduced more than a few times .... it could have been just coincidence at this point =(
Even then, 2 dies could go down around the same time and there not be any power issue at all. Ive witnessed it several times on my Titan.
But, a definite pattern of many different miners would have to prove this is the case before coding this into the firmware.

no biggie, but it obviously wasn't a coincidence in this case, my alarms alert me when the dies fail so I'll catch it sooner next time, now that I know what to look for
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 01:28:38 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2016, 01:54:42 AM by GenTarkin

My host is apparently having issues today, site connectivity is intermittent.
Figures I would have problems right around the time of release =/

Sit tight everyone. Sorry for the downtime. Im just waiting on my host. =(

UPDATE: site back up for now, its just been really intermittent. So keep trying every once in a while =)

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 05:39:14 PM

STATUS: well as of yesterday evening, seems site is stable now =)
Lets hope stays that way, was stable for months before this.

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 08:20:31 PM

GenTarkin's Mod ~ Custom KNC Titan firmware v1.0.2 RELEASE NOTES - maintenance release

-Fixed an issue in regards to user specified api-allow settings in "manual edit" mode. Its a bug thats been around since v99e and someone just pointed out to me. Basically, the "API readonly checkbox" was overriding any user specified settings for the api-allow entry. Now, when user changes this line the "API read only checkbox" setting is ignored until the api-allow line is restored to its original setting OR its removed entirely.

-Activation: due to an unforseen situation regarding activation, the manual method of reactivation was not working as intended. This is now fixed. For any miner you try to reactivate w/ its respective(matching license) it should reactivate w/o issue now.</li>

note: The updated download file is found in your account if you purchased the "FULL COPY"

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 10:06:47 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2016, 07:24:06 AM by Searing

well off topic sort of but people due ask about ltc equip on here for sale

anyway a top (1 of 4 only) the top tier Administrator Accounts on

www.litecointalk.org was hacked .the account name was Carnth

and the newbie accounts as well. So if you have the same password on bitcointalk here

I would change it along with the one on litecointalk.org

Anyway made a lot of good deals on both litecointalk and bitcointalk w/o issue (100mh of titan cubes on litecointalk with another guy last week no issue)

but them days may be gone I guess Sad

anyway here is the link on another thread I made for this sad tale

but main point on here if you are using the SAME password for both sites...change them. IMHO he had the highest

status you could have on the litecoin site....I'm sure there will be a lot more folk with issues then just me. Again  with such powers the whole site could be 'dorked'

anyway the thread about such on here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1393491.msg14153943#msg14153943

live an learn I guess at least I just lost 2 weeks of mining to get the 110 ltc rather then 'gasp' paid $$$ for that 110 LTC ....that would have hurt a lot more.

anyway live and learn..onward and upward....dare to dream be the dream and whatever 'rationalizations' I can use to get me past this..sheesh......

edit: www.litecointalk.org the  site is down today so hopefully they are re-doing the site for better security or with the powers of the hacked account the hacker flushed the forum

we will see I guess..hopefully they are just re-do'ing stuff cue to the compromised administrator (the top level of accounts) is being addressed etc etc

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
hacky

Activity: 20
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 11:26:41 AM

GenTarkin, in november (30/11) I've purchased your 0.99e firmware on ebay via bitcoinlasvegas.net. It works great on my Titan, no more babysitting for it Cool

A few days ago, I sent to you an e-mail to have access to your new firmware on the new shop but I didn't receive your answer. I know that I am an "unverified customer" and I read the problems with bitcoinlasvegas and you, but I would know if you can give access to the new firmware to the customers in the same situation.

Thanks for you great work !
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 05:13:21 PM

GenTarkin, in november (30/11) I've purchased your 0.99e firmware on ebay via bitcoinlasvegas.net. It works great on my Titan, no more babysitting for it Cool

A few days ago, I sent to you an e-mail to have access to your new firmware on the new shop but I didn't receive your answer. I know that I am an "unverified customer" and I read the problems with bitcoinlasvegas and you, but I would know if you can give access to the new firmware to the customers in the same situation.

You probably have to send screenshots of your eBay confirmation email and PayPal payment page for verification. I sent them and he issued a free license to me.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 06:12:14 PM

Please send me PM indicating what address you sent the email to and what address you sent from. I will see if I received it. Thanks

And yes, what hawkfish said ... applies.

hacky

Activity: 20
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:29:46 AM

Please send me PM indicating what address you sent the email to and what address you sent from. I will see if I received it. Thanks

My e-mail was sent to sales _AT_ gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com like you website said (the page currently returns 404).
I sent you a PM, thanks !
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:53:36 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2016, 08:45:37 AM by Searing

My e-mail was sent to sales _AT_ gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com like you website said (the page currently returns 404).
I sent you a PM, thanks !

Hey I just hit the site

http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/

edited:

oops...went to the Account area just now ..he is right can't get into my account to get the new stuff (I'm at work but was gonna burn it to my backup CD)

guess I'll wait Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 06:27:28 PM

Hey guys, quick website update:
So, for some reason permalinks broke which caused every page to not work correctly except homepage =(
On top of that seems there are intermittent connection issues every once in a while. I dont know why my host has gone to shit in the last week, Im hoping all this pans out.
Anywho, should be working now.
I restored default permalinks ... those work.
But any external links to specific pages on my site wont work till my host fixes their issues.

This is such a PITA that my host has all these issues at this time lol! of all times! =/

wolverine5pl

Activity: 427

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 10:48:45 PM

Pictures of board:

HOLY SHIT those 2 dies got way way way to fucking hot. Most likely fried the package substrate or something along those lines.
If its not working, that would be why.

I really wish KNC would have designed the dies with ondie thermistors. So we knew what the fuck the actual temps of the dies are...
Yeah I was thinking that. When I say I have seen burned titans this is what I mean...

*However* (and here is the magic however button) the chip itself doesn't have any of the +12v lines going to it. Therefore it should not be crowbarring the supply. It could be a blown FET on the power supplies, or a blown cap that's not showing up, but it's not just the chip.

The chip has the .7 volt supplies going to it, some SPI lines one for each quadrant and the jury is still out as to what else it does.

ITS ALIVE:)))
Thanks for fixing it buddy.

,,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ,.               
           ,╔▄▓▓██████████████▓▄▄,           
        ╓╗▓▓██████████████████████▓▄µ       
      ╔▄████████████████████████████▓▓╦     
    ╔╣▓████████▀` ▀███████▀` ╙█████████▌m   
   ╔▓████████▌`     ▀██▓▀      ▐████████▓N   
  ╔▓██████████▓▄      └      ,███████████▓N 
 ╔▓█████▓▀▀█████▓▄         ╓██████▓`▓█████▓H
 ╫█████╨   `█████▀         ▓████▀     ▀████▒
,╫████▄      `▓▀             ▀▀      ,▓████▌H
:╣██████▄           ,▓██           ╓███████▓H
 ╫████████K        ▓█████Ñ        ╫████████▌`
 ╠▓█████▀`          ╙██▓           `▀██████Ñ
 `╫███▀`      ▄▄            ,▄▄       ▀███▌`
  `╣██▓▄    ▄████▄        ,▓████▄    ,▄██▌` 
   `╨███▓▄▓████████▌    ╓█████████▄▄▄███▀`   
     ╙▀██████████████▌▄███████████████▀╨     
       ╙▀██████████████████████████▓▀╨`     
         `╨▀▓███████████████████▓▀╨`         
            ``╨▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀╨``           
                   ```````
AdultChain
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
   ██   
Discord
ANN
       ████▓▄▄▐████╒▄▄▓███▌
       `██████▐████▐█████▀
          ╙▀▀▀▐████`▀▀▀`
              ▐████
        ▄▓████▐████▐███▓▄
       ▓██████▐████▐██████▄
       ████    ▀▓▀┘   ▓████
       ████    ███    ▓████
       ████   ▐███▄   ▓████
       ████  ║█████M  ▓████
       ████  ▐M███▌   ▓████
       ████  ▄████    ▓████
       ████  ████▓    ▓████     
       ████  ▓█ ▀█▌   ▓████
       ████  ▓█  ╙█∩  ▓████
       ████  █▌   ▀█  ▓████
       ████  ▀⌐    ▀▄ ▓████
       ████  ║▌    ╓█ ▓████
       ███████████████████▀
        ▀▓██████████████▀
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 01:35:24 AM

Looks like permalinks work properly again on my site. Its up again weeee!

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 02:22:52 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2016, 03:03:54 AM by AmDD

Maybe this was mentioned already in this 2000+ page thread but Im going to ask anyway... Is there anyway to dynamically adjust the fan speed? These miners are actually fairly quiet but being able to knock them down manually or auto adjust based on temp would be a nice plus. Note that Im a new Titan owner so maybe this is common knowledge and I just lacking it.

EDIT: Thought this was GenTarkins thread, but I guess the question fits here as well...

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 04:30:27 AM

ITS ALIVE:)))
Thanks for fixing it buddy.
Not a problem, pleasure to fix and fun to do this for bitcoins!
Pages: « 1 ... 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 [2104] 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: