Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:01:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049462 times)
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:45:25 AM

how is that a heads up?

it was mentioned a day or two ago...

As well as ignoring questions & polite greetings on #kncminer, marcus is going to be watching a late assembly line for a week.

Quickly guys, wait another week!

Hope 0.99 is working out great for everyone etc...  Tuning suite is now only 'days' away from maybe recovering the Gh that previous fw 'upgrades' have managed to diminish.

you're an assclown

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
felix64

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:02:08 AM

Sorry this is a little late but how many bad cores do you need before KNC will allow an RMA?

Was your ASIC completely dead before KNC would give you an RMA?

I have one ASIC with probably 15 bad cores which slows my hashrate...   

Or just live with it?

>>>As soon as the first report good numbers I'll go for it.
>>>Currently running stable on 3.8.2 with my 5/192 bad cores board, so I don't want to mess with it now.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:02:27 AM

how is that a heads up?

it was mentioned a day or two ago...

As well as ignoring questions & polite greetings on #kncminer, marcus is going to be watching a late assembly line for a week.

Quickly guys, wait another week!

Hope 0.99 is working out great for everyone etc...  Tuning suite is now only 'days' away from maybe recovering the Gh that previous fw 'upgrades' have managed to diminish.

you're an assclown

i may well be, but id rather be called an 'assclown' than be the kind of person that repeats stupid words/insults they read elsewhere in expectation of imaginary congratulations.

is this more 'help'? i notice you ignored my question like a true genius would... HOW IS OLD POINTLESS 'NEWS' A HEADS UP??

at least phoenix will like you more now.

maybe you can back each other up wrt not really knowing what you're talking about but expecting ppl to just accept it as 'help'

im good either way, shame the same cant be said for my 'dead' vrm/stunted GH

Or is it a ghost? or a bug? or something else that engineers just cant quite put their finger on yet.

tuning suite - 'we' cant fix it with 10 fw upgrades so you can do it yourselves!!

Clowns Ass!!

"Give it a rattle/twist/kick - it worked for me!"
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:15:36 AM

Sorry this is a little late but how many bad cores do you need before KNC will allow an RMA?

Or just live with it?

>>>Currently running stable on 3.8.2 with my 5/192 bad cores board, so I don't want to mess with it now.

another victim whos support for KNC seems to be left to 'helpers' to deal with.

in answer to your question i honestly dont know.

i too am afraid to keep messing with it as the GH/s rate continues to diminish no matter what hacky type fixes are offered by CUSTOMERS or fw 'up'grades offered few & far between by the engineering team.

my advice which im following myself is to wait wait wait & wait until the so called tuning suite arrives.

until we have exhausted all options i wouldnt want to sacrifice 100Gh for a week or so for the sake of maybe getting the rest - it seems stupid to have to.

but then im one of those assclowns that doesnt bathe in the bullshit of 'heroes' or suckle at the teet of assumed greatness.

so you may do well to wait for the sellotape guy or the bulldog clip guy or the heatsink guy or the weawwy siwwy weboot guy.

they know what time it is
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:34:17 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 07:10:13 AM by Phoenix1969

Or just live with it?

another victim whos support for KNC seems to be left to 'helpers' to deal with.

in answer to your question i honestly dont know.

i too am afraid to keep messing with it as the GH/s rate continues to diminish no matter what hacky type fixes are offered by CUSTOMERS or fw 'up'grades offered few & far between by the engineering team.

my advice which im following myself is to wait wait wait & wait until the so called tuning suite arrives.

until we have exhausted all options i wouldnt want to sacrifice 100Gh for a week or so for the sake of maybe getting the rest - it seems stupid to have to.

but then im one of those assclowns that doesnt bathe in the bullshit of 'heroes' or suckle at the teet of assumed greatness.

so you may do well to wait for the sellotape guy or the bulldog clip guy or the heatsink guy or the weawwy siwwy weboot guy.

they know what time it is

Yeah, high time to hit the ignore button on Edgar.
You are irrational... and I'm done talking to you or about you, because you are literally a waste of my time. So.... feel free to ramble on..... "Truce".....

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:40:31 AM

Where is that screen capture from I've only ever seen it say November (and it still does on my screen)

It used to say shipping starting 15th November (not mid November)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:42:36 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 07:38:54 AM by Phoenix1969

Where is that screen capture from I've only ever seen it say November (and it still does on my screen)

It used to say shipping starting 15th November (not mid November)
Another one duped by CYPHER.... good one....lol...
Seriously, not real.
btw.. just solved that last block on eligius with the Saturn+1 that I was just fiddling with..... lol!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soapmodem

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:20:09 AM

i have replace my cgminer binary with the cgminer-tune binary. renamed it and set the rights to 755. then /etc/init.d/cgminer.sh restart. till here everything fine. but after a reboot it seems that the binary gets replaced again by 3.8.1 Sad. any way for a permanent replacement?
There was talk on the kncminer.com forums of a permanent replacement, with the binary included in a bin patch, but I don't know where that went or if it ever got off the ground. You'd have to rebuild the image with each firmware and cgminer update.. so probably not worth it.

It doesn't take more than a few seconds, so you're better off just doing:
Code:
wget http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/kncminer/cgminer-tune
chmod +x cgminer-tune
screen -dm ./cgminer-tune -c /config/cgminer.conf
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:23:00 AM

Heads-up for tomo BTW - incoming...
Also want to add, my ambient temps are 30C - 86F.

so statements regarding VRMs needing heating and/or not liking cooling is NOT a fact covering ALL rigs/VRMs and even when they are hot(ter) they dont ALL fall back into line....

im sure ive mentioned this...

As for 'wiggling' the heatsink aka 'cooling tower' - i think ill give that a miss.

i personally dont want to hear 'warranty' is void due to negligence/abuse/possibly insane advice (though it might just work)

Regarding your temps, what temps are you getting? I noticed my rig was starting to drop performance no matter what firmware I used, even going back to my faithful 0.96 firmware didn't seem to make much difference. (circa 530Gh/s av)

However I had noticed that the ambient was getting pretty bloody cold here, so I moved it to a warmer location and performance jumped around 10Gh/s, then I reloaded 0.96 (always seems better for this rig, lower voltage, more stable) but wanted more realistic output from cgminer so loaded up ckolivas' latest 3.8.2 without tuning. And low and behold, the higher temps, the best firmware and more accurate cgminer and I'm back up to 550Gh/s avg over 24 hours, with spikes up to 600+Gh/s

Thing is edgar, these machines aren't perfect, they are enthusiast level, makes sense really for the market they are in. And as such they need a bit of TLC to get the most out of them. Yes some will be broken and need RMA'ing as a last resort, but there is no hard and fast rule that works for each one, and I think that finally KnC have realised this too, the tuning suite sounds more like you will be able to tune each ASIC separately for voltage, hopefully speed and maybe some other things.

This isn't going to mean that someone will give the "magic settings" that will work for everyone, if anything it means more work to find the best "tune" for your particular rig. Its a bit like overlcocking CPU's or GPU's no-one elses settings are quite right for your particular hardware.

I mean, I guess, they could have set a generic right-for-everyone 400Gh/s firmware but I think they knew that their hardware had more potential, probably a bad move on their part shouting about the upper limit of the October batches, but it sold alot of miners I bet!

I've been pretty happy with 530Gh/s but with difficulty increasing I'm looking to squeeze as much out of this puppy as I can, so today its remove the blue power cables and plug the Pcie's straight into the boards Smiley

This is an enthusiasts forum, and people are allowed to get enthusiastic, believe it or not Phoenix and the others in here have help loads of people get their machines working nicely. I for one think they are doing a great job and should continue. I salute their successes and apply what tweaks work for my rig, sometimes I even pass on things that have worked for me.

Thats the nature of forums like this, no offence, but it doesn't seem like it suits your nature. I just wonder what you actually want from this forum? Can you spell it out? Maybe bullet point it or something so that you have a record of the things you want addressed. Can't promise anything mind but it might help us understand why you seem so angry.  Huh

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:26:38 AM

Or just live with it?

felix is it 15 bad cores or 5?

You know that with the tuning cgminer it turns cores on and off to try and find a stable medium.

What are your HW error %'s?

I've given up on the firmwares that pump the voltage up (>0.97) and tune the cores, I'm sticking with 0.96 and the non tuning 3.8.2 cgminer and my HW errors are down from 4.5% to 1.3% and dropping.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:32:03 AM

Mining Status
CGMiner Status   Running (pid=1774)
Last Checked   Mon Nov 25 09:31:45 UTC 2013
Avg. Hash Rate   563 Gh/s
Difficulty Accepted   9,110,016
Difficulty Rejected   5,120 (0.1 %)
Hardware Errors   84,158 (0.9 %)
WU   7,852
Difficulty Stale   0
Network Blocks   146
Pool Rejected   0.1 %
Pool Stale   0
Best Share   2,235,713
Found Blocks   0

these is beta 0.98.1
is ok?
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 09:33:29 AM

Mining Status
CGMiner Status   Running (pid=1774)
Last Checked   Mon Nov 25 09:31:45 UTC 2013
Avg. Hash Rate   563 Gh/s
Difficulty Accepted   9,110,016
Difficulty Rejected   5,120 (0.1 %)
Hardware Errors   84,158 (0.9 %)
WU   7,852
Difficulty Stale   0
Network Blocks   146
Pool Rejected   0.1 %
Pool Stale   0
Best Share   2,235,713
Found Blocks   0

these is beta 0.98.1
is ok?

Looks good, but every hardware is different with respect to dud cores. Some is golden and some is scat.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:34:55 AM

thanks ckolivas
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:41:41 AM

Looks good, but every hardware is different with respect to dud cores. Some is golden and some is scat.

ck, can you elaborate a little on the difference in behaviour & reporting between the 3.8.2 tuned and non-tuned on a KnC miner?

I haven't run the latest tuned version but in earlier ones it would turn the cores on and off according to number of hw errors (off) and time (on)

To see the status I'd run Update Asic Status on Bertmod and see what cores were turned on or off, these numbers would change over time obviously.

With the non-tuning version of cgminer, the cores don't get turned on and off.

With both versions of the software they report HW errors numerically and as a percentage.

Is there any correlation between the HW numbers and the different methods that the tuning/non-tuning versions of cgminer use to handle cores?

Or are HW errors irrelevant due to the way the KnC hardware reports them?

Cheers!

TaggedYa

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:45:43 AM

I am not sure this is the right place for this but this seems to be a catch all thread so here goes.

I have 2 late October Jupiters.  One I was able to get to 550 with all cores running under 98.1 beta.  The other has 2 cores on one board that will not work until 73C or 74C and as soon as they start the whole board shuts down (I assume thermal shutdown) so it only works at around 480.

I was living with that (not economically feasible to give up 480 hashes for 2 weeks to rma the thing just to maybe get another 60 or so).

Now the problem.  I shut the full speed unit down for a few minutes to change locations and when I restarted it cgminer fails to start.  The bone boots and I can tty into it.  I can try to manually start cgminer and I get a "cgminer failed to start: Write Error".

I tried changing firmware.  Cgminer will run on 98 but not on anything after and on 98 I have all die 0s dead.

Anyone have any clues?

TaggedYa
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:59:14 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 10:16:42 AM by sickpig

from #kncminer channel

10:45 < btcoco> any rig worth investment atm?
10:55 < hno> btcoco, depends on how you think the BTC price will evolve and associated risks. Unfortunately KnCMiner is all sold out at the moment, but there will
             be more available in some weeks I think.

for who doesn't know hno, he's an OrSoC engineer. This going to be big, potentially  Tongue

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:02:47 AM

I am not sure this is the right place for this but this seems to be a catch all thread so here goes.

I have 2 late October Jupiters.  One I was able to get to 550 with all cores running under 98.1 beta.  The other has 2 cores on one board that will not work until 73C or 74C and as soon as they start the whole board shuts down (I assume thermal shutdown) so it only works at around 480.

I was living with that (not economically feasible to give up 480 hashes for 2 weeks to rma the thing just to maybe get another 60 or so).

Now the problem.  I shut the full speed unit down for a few minutes to change locations and when I restarted it cgminer fails to start.  The bone boots and I can tty into it.  I can try to manually start cgminer and I get a "cgminer failed to start: Write Error".

I tried changing firmware.  Cgminer will run on 98 but not on anything after and on 98 I have all die 0s dead.

Anyone have any clues?

TaggedYa

Trouble shooting wise.

Make sure all the power cables are correctly attached.
Do a hard reset on the device:

HARD RESET
The miner is equipped with a hard reset button. This is located next to the power
input on the controller board. To perform a hard reset on the miner you must
press the button 5 times consecutively, wait 5 seconds, and then press the button a
further 5 times. Please note that the miner will not restart.

Also:
From the KNC support page: https://www.kncminer.com/pages/troubleshooting

Underperforming Miner

If you have a miner that seems to be underperforming you need to follow the below instruction.

To verify if an ASIC board is broken or the performance drop is due to software issues please follow these steps:

1. Turn off and disconnect your PSU.
 2. Open your miner case.
 3. Unplug the flat ribben cable connecting one of the ASIC Boards (the circuit board that has the big fan on it) to the controller board.
 4. Unplug the PCI-Express power cable from the ASIC board.
 5. Ensure all other cables are connected properly.
6. Reconnect the PSU and power on the miner. Let the miner work for an hour to asses performance.  

If the miner is now performing as expected you should install the latest firmware.

7. Turn off the power and disconnect the PSU, reconnect all the PCI-E and ribben cables.
 8. Restart the miner and install the latest firmware.

Lastly, If you can isolate the bad board, then you can just return that bad board for an RMA and the miner can continue mining, you don't have to lose the entire miner and 480Gh/s just for one bad board.

ncs0ne

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

software developer

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:08:10 AM

(...)
(...)

I'm not able to find the string 'Write Error' (without caps as well) in cgminer source code.
Is it the exact error msg you get ?

If so I guess your issue is located somewhere in the OS.
Anything useful in the log file ?

*Note: journalctl is the replacement for a "less /var/log/syslog"
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/journalctl.html

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:10:29 AM

(...)
Now the problem.  I shut the full speed unit down for a few minutes to change locations and when I restarted it cgminer fails to start.  The bone boots and I can tty into it.  I can try to manually start cgminer and I get a "cgminer failed to start: Write Error".
(...)

I'm not able to find the string 'Write Error' (without caps as well) in cgminer source code.
Is it the exact error msg you get ?

If so I guess your issue is located somewhere in the OS.
Anything useful in the log file ?

*Note: journalctl is the replacement for a "less /var/log/syslog"
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/journalctl.html

write error could mean the beaglebone storage is full or corrupted.

in putty:
df -h will show the disk space
fdisk -l will show the partition info

Madazam

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:17:56 AM

Ok the Noob , (thats me) got it working....

So i upgraded the modules and my saturn is hashing at a jupiter speed ...only one prob ...the front fans on casing have stopped working ...any idea why and solution ?
Pages: « 1 ... 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: