Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:40:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 [1355] 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 11:15:55 PM

Sorry, I just don't think there is any strategy at all. Sometimes it seems like they just throw a dart at the board and go with whatever it lands on. I think we give them too much credit coming up with all these elaborate plans on if they are selling jupiters/netpunes/prunes, etc. Whoever is making business decisions at KnC really needs to be more consistent to warrant any of these conspiracy theories.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 11:16:07 PM

Well, if HashLast doesn't make KNC sell another batch, I suppose Cointerra will

http://cointerra.com/engineering-update-goldstrike-packaged-chips-system-board-assembly/

That's a fun sight Smiley

smoothrunnings

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 11:27:22 PM

http://cointerra.com/engineering-update-goldstrike-packaged-chips-system-board-assembly/

Their April 2TH/s machine will only be a 28nm chip, how does that start to compare with the 20nm chip Knc has?
Also 2 x 1100 watt power supplies suggests the 28nm 2TH/s machine will consume ALOT of power, so I hope you don't pay for your power where you live or you'll be paying a lot more for it! Smiley

DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 11:33:56 PM

Their April 2TH/s machine will only be a 28nm chip, how does that start to compare with the 20nm chip Knc has?
Also 2 x 1100 watt power supplies suggests the 28nm 2TH/s machine will consume ALOT of power, so I hope you don't pay for your power where you live or you'll be paying a lot more for it! Smiley

that meant something when bitcoins were worth under $100

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
smoothrunnings

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 11:43:45 PM

that meant something when bitcoins were worth under $100

I guess if you found away for your hydro electric provider to accept bitcoins! Smiley
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:24:18 AM

I'd like to see knc just start selling jupiters. Not from limited stock, but just set a price and sell them. Lower the price some with each difficulty level until they are no longer profitable to sell, then start pumping out neptunes.
monsieur

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

knc-shill-wannabe

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 01:20:45 AM

Dear KNC, if you read this,
Happy New Year!!!
You set a new standard and I am eternally grateful for all your hard work, your integrity and work ethics. Do not mind some people complaining, there will always be some. Majority of the customers, like myself can see the nobility of your company, following the legacy of brave Vikings. May your success continue in the new year!

Yours faithfully,
monsieur
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 01:33:36 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2014, 02:16:04 AM by Bitcoinorama

HNY from LDN! Grin

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
seanrarey

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2014, 02:28:54 AM

Happy New Year!!!
You set a new standard and I am eternally grateful for all your hard work, your integrity and work ethics. Do not mind some people complaining, there will always be some. Majority of the customers, like myself can see the nobility of your company, following the legacy of brave Vikings. May your success continue in the new year!

Yours faithfully,
monsieur

+1

davebodger

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 02:38:37 AM

For what is't worth, here is a bit of info about my (November) Jupiter.
A couple of days ago I swapped out the PSU (EVGA SuperNova 1000W Platinum) for another (RMA'ed at EVGA's request - product recall).
I had no problems with the PSU but EVGA recalled it "just in case".
Anyway, whilst I had the box powered down I took the oppotunity to remove the blue "extension" cables from inside the machine and plug the PSU cables direct into the ASIC boards.
No other changes were done and the box resumed hashing at the same rate (~670 GH/s) using the latest firmware (as supplied by 'orama).
The difference I have noted is that the power consumption at the wall has now dropped from an average of 857 Watts to 845 Watts.
Taking into account the PSU efficiency and back-calculating it looks like those extension cables were wasting 11 Watts.
So if you are looking to make your miner more electrically efficient, then that is one place to look !

Happy New Year all !

If you think I deserve it - BTC always welcome - 14GkxT2xcpgvGVBgMjtGeFiXrxnttBSRRF
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:04:14 AM

You really wanna know...  Okay...
In all seriousness... I took the newsletter statement ""we may be in a position to release Jupiter’s and possibly upgrade cards which we will ship from stock." to mean... they will not be preorders, but will be a batch run & assembled before offered for sale, which could then be sold from stock, for immediate shipment. Which would also explain the answers in your emails. Nothing in the statement they made says they have them in stock as I understand it.  What are 40 new employees going to do until Neptune time? Based on the past, they can assemble & ship an entire batch in 2 weeks, so there's plenty of time to pull that one off. That's what I'm betting is happening....  and no, that's NOT an inside scoop, I could be totally off-base too.   Wink

"SOLD FROM STOCK" means what it says, SOLD FROM STOCK. Where in the world would you put together they would have to make them? If they had to make them and put them together and all that, they probably wouldn't have said SOLD FROM STOCK. It was a BALK KNC did to make people get some coin and not purchase from a competitor. Then the Neptune sales came out. It was just a marketing tactic.

because there is no adjective to describe the "In stock state"
"Will sell From Stock" has no bearing on the current state of being.
They also added the conjunction & qualifier "IF", which would never have been uttered IF they indeed currently had stock.
"If" means they don't know the future status of the stock either.
So yeah, they would definitely have to make them.
If they had them now, we'd be hearing a different tune.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:45:05 AM

You really wanna know...  Okay...
In all seriousness... I took the newsletter statement ""we may be in a position to release Jupiter’s and possibly upgrade cards which we will ship from stock." to mean... they will not be preorders, but will be a batch run & assembled before offered for sale, which could then be sold from stock, for immediate shipment. Which would also explain the answers in your emails. Nothing in the statement they made says they have them in stock as I understand it.  What are 40 new employees going to do until Neptune time? Based on the past, they can assemble & ship an entire batch in 2 weeks, so there's plenty of time to pull that one off. That's what I'm betting is happening....  and no, that's NOT an inside scoop, I could be totally off-base too.   Wink

"SOLD FROM STOCK" means what it says, SOLD FROM STOCK. Where in the world would you put together they would have to make them? If they had to make them and put them together and all that, they probably wouldn't have said SOLD FROM STOCK. It was a BALK KNC did to make people get some coin and not purchase from a competitor. Then the Neptune sales came out. It was just a marketing tactic.

because there is no adjective to describe the "In stock state"
"Will sell From Stock" has no bearing on the current state of being.
They also added the conjunction & qualifier "IF", which would never have been uttered IF they indeed currently had stock.
"If" means they don't know the future status of the stock either.
So yeah, they would definitely have to make them.
If they had them now, we'd be hearing a different tune.

Could also mean that parts are in stock to build a good many Jupiters.  Ambiguous, could mean either, complete Jupiters in stock or all the parts necessary to build Jupiters on hand in stock inventory.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:41:45 AM

You really wanna know...  Okay...
In all seriousness... I took the newsletter statement ""we may be in a position to release Jupiter’s and possibly upgrade cards which we will ship from stock." to mean... they will not be preorders, but will be a batch run & assembled before offered for sale, which could then be sold from stock, for immediate shipment. Which would also explain the answers in your emails. Nothing in the statement they made says they have them in stock as I understand it.  What are 40 new employees going to do until Neptune time? Based on the past, they can assemble & ship an entire batch in 2 weeks, so there's plenty of time to pull that one off. That's what I'm betting is happening....  and no, that's NOT an inside scoop, I could be totally off-base too.   Wink

I was thinking the same thing

Has the factory floor been idle since the last shipment of upgrade modules?  I suspect not.  And I doubt they'd lay off the factory workers between that period of upgrade cards and the eventual production run of Neptunes.  Their proto lab would be working full time of course.  So one would think the floor workers have been building what we call November Jupiters and stockpiling.

Look there has been talk prior to Christmas of another batch of Jupiters at somepoint, but it was talk, and as I said previously it wouldn't occur this side of 2014, which it hasn't, neither has any direct competitor shipped anything in noticeable volume before the end of 2013.

Aside from that there has been no other development in the 28nm area as everything was being wound down for Christmas and having the unnecessary excess pressure on support staff and logistical nightmare of delivering throughout the holiday period wouldn't be fair on anyone.

The only staff with an ongoing workload throughout the holidays are the DC guys, and those involved on the Neptune project as Asia doesn't wind down at this time of year so if they need to be liaised with throughout, which they do as it's an international effort, then the sooner the better as obviously delivery on that product is as time sensitive as always, and Asia winds down end of Jan I believe for a bit.

In any case KnC don't own a manufacturing facility themselves, there are not hoards of starving, depressed assemblers twiddling their thumbs longing for round the clock shifts creating Bitcoin ASIC hardware. They are surviving with other contracts I'm sure.

So, let's see what 2014 brings. HNY everyone, to a prosperous 2014!!!
hmmm, yeah...we guessed there was nobody in there assembling over the holidays....  we were(I was) talking 2014, totally......
but the way you worded that... There may NOT be any more 28nm, and the 20nm may be closer than we thought?
Am I reading you correctly?

or is 28nm going to grace the cloud again? Sounds like it was an idea that went wayside because Neptunes are actually alot closer than q2?
We've been trying to dissect cryptic messages on the subject... hehe,  good thing it's not sha-256  Wink
any info helps... thx

My guess now would be that if no 28nm, then  what's everyone doing in January....."laid off" due to contract work/no hourly?  or working on 20nm?....  Split teams?...or am I way off base?

We could really use a definitive answer on this...
all the mystery is kinda frustrating!
It's difficult to make any real decisions based on the info we have.

er they probably don't have a clue ...knc that is....it does look like cointerra will pull the trigger on its first batch units (see cointerra thread) and because they missed deadline 1st batch users will get a 2nd 2th unit free from their 3rd batch in march or some such (see their thread)....ouch....anyway ...so if you ordered 1st batch units from them you get 2x the hash cause they are late

anyway.....if/when cointerra or someone else pulls the trigger on "mass" production rather then trickle out...then I think they will act...but if it looks like nothing is gonna float out the door from the others till Feb say..and their "network protection statement" said march...I can't see them flushing stuff out in Feb...I think they would likely wait

anyway guess work on my part..but if it drags on too long won't be worth doing for them or us

ALTHOUGH.....if it was me....

as soon as cointerra came out with stuff even a trickle say jan 15th I would announce 1K Jupiters ...limit the numbers....just to p*ss in their soup...even if KNC did not make a dime it would disrupt other competitors plans and be huge press etc..(of course then again they seem to be nice Swedish folk and want everyone to play nice..thus their network protection proposal for other asic makers) ....so they probably knc would not do this...me....at 70 percent of the network owned would rub my Dr.Evil hands together and "flush" a bunch of cheap Jupiters out....just to muddy the water...(alas I would have made great megalomaniac with enough $$$$ )

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
thoughtcourier

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:46:31 AM

Happy New Year!!!

Yours faithfully,
monsieur

+1

+1
I am grateful that the only company I trusted turned out to be the most trustworthy. Rooting for the Neptunes even though I didn't buy one.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:55:35 AM

Happy New Year!!!

Yours faithfully,
monsieur

+1

+1
I am grateful that the only company I trusted turned out to be the most trustworthy. Rooting for the Neptunes even though I didn't buy one.

yeah knc saved my bacon....(before I ordered from their site with gasp "line drawings" for miners ..via paypal and cc amex ..I was on the phone for 1/2hr with amex making sure I could get my $$$ back..I mean they had 'line drawings" for miners! amex assured me I was covered up to the 45 days plus another 60days or more should I need it ...likely more if they shipped really late..so I took that chance

I am down 8k to bfl on the no refund forced upgrade to monarchs (900gh worth punted to diff bricks down the road...as*h*l*s ...hey it was bricks of 28mm this fall or bricks of monarchs in april ..NO diff likely) ...so

knc has 'saved my bacon" even with eating BFL loss I've got double my $$$ back or very close...so thanks for getting me out of the evil clutches of BFL

and by the by anyone from knc reading this BFL selling 600gh monarch vaporware bfl that is for 2.5k ..please oh please sell a 1.5k Jupiter so we can bury that frigging company for good.....they feed off noobs that don't know any better with their lies

ah well won't happen but again thanks a lot my double down gamble to get my $$$ invested in BFL back worked with my KNC unit since oct 18th when I got it have 35 coins as of today...

all is good now (of course still want a tornado to pick up the bfl plant in Kansas and drop it in texas but that is another story)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
smoothrunnings

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 11:48:54 AM

Granted we are now in the Q1 of 2014 I think it's premature to make a fuss about Knc and the Nepture. Lets just wait until the end of Q1 and see if any do start to ship before fussing. I find that when people start fussing too soon it ends up being over nothing, and they have wasted their time an energy for what? It's better to put your time and energy to something better than fussing over the future.
OmegaNemesis28

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:04:07 PM

Wait there's a new news letter? Just like the god damn Neptune pre orders why am I not getting these? I got the damn upgrade module one just fine.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:25:48 PM

er kinda off topic I guess kill it if you need to but thought it was funny newegg is selling scrypt miner kits?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1518346

would be kinda interesting if knc ever did anything with this ..heh ...why shake up just bitcoin world

Searing

flexgroo

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 12:29:59 PM

er kinda off topic I guess kill it if you need to but thought it was funny newegg is selling scrypt miner kits?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1518346

would be kinda interesting if knc ever did anything with this ..heh ...why shake up just bitcoin world

Searing

yes and like most other places, they are price gouging the big gpu cards like crazy
helmax

Activity: 440

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 01:10:37 PM

happy new year guys

looking job
Pages: « 1 ... 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 [1355] 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: