Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:44:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 [1452] 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
onlycasanova

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:18:22 AM

Where can you find info about that no refunds will be issued on the late second batch ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:08:02 AM

At this time I don care any more, pay a 1000$ for a board which give you back 400$ is insane at this difficulty increase speed

Yea, those crazy 17% difficulty increases. In spite of the fact that Bitmain, Hashfast, and Cointerra are shipping in quantity, the difficulty increases seem to be slowing down.

Perhaps this is just a temporary slowdown before more large increases, or perhaps we're starting to level off a bit.

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

That's easy to explain. The amount of hashpower added by new releases increases as the difficulty rises. 30% of 100 is much less than 30% of 500, so it takes more to move difficulty the same amount. It's bound to slow down if nothing radical comes along to some extent. The days of doubling difficulty each month should be gone hopefully.

Personally I don't think buyers are as keen to jump in on a new rig now as they were back in June/July, the rewards are not looking as good are they? People buying with mined coins seem to me to be the obvious buyers, anyone starting from nothing getting into mining would probably look at it as an investment much harder...with the ebay fools as an exception of course,but that hashpower would already be out there Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 07:40:43 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 08:03:33 AM by Wesly

I am back from 1-month plus bitcointalk hiatus that has brought better clarity to my mind.  I finally found these 2 posts by Alex (Bitcoinorama) that have always be in the back of my mind.  I felt he deserves some much needed and overdue recognition (and perhaps even apologies from doubters HINT HINT Coin____der) for providing such insightful, impartial and downright accurate assessments of their 2 main competitors that are finally beginning to ship now almost 4 months after KnC.  You have to give this man credit for being pretty much dead on with his assessments (4 months ago) of how HashFast has been dishonest all along that is plain to see by everyone now.  He took a lot of heats for standing up and believing in KnC and calling out HashFast's unrealistic delivery schedule and specs (exceeded power estimate, probably due to overclocking to meet 400Gh/chip specs) and Cointerra for not raising enough NRE fund (cause tapeout to be delayed) and providing best case specs (currently shipped hashing at less than specs).  Hopefully KnC will continue their trend of under-promise/over-deliver unlike their competiters.  I will be a customer for life as long as they continue to employ a man with such impeccable integrity.

I just want people to have a fair and safe purchase experience from a continuous source of unknowns, many who have scammed people on this forum. Why is that so hard to understand? I do not believe Cointerra are intent on scamming. I do however believe Hashfast are being deliberately dishonest with respect to delivery and specs, as they have removed all accountability and liability from their terms that they update frequesntly after sales have taken place. They now have just added a new severability term in their terms of sale (No.20 that states they can do whatever they want, when they want, change terms without any prior consultation or contact with their customers at will, removing any protection their buyers have). I also feel Cointerra are claiming best case simulated specs, and that makes me question why they have stopped accepting Paypal now. Why should I be persecuted for wanting people and their funds to be treated with respect? Why should I be persecuted for trying to forewarn and educate people as to how to safely purchase pre-order goods?

I find it funny that you're still championing KNC over every other vendor. There is only a week and a half left in September. When the end of the month comes, I expect to be proven correct, that KNC will delay... how long will they delay? That's anyone's guess.

Like seriously, wtf Bitcoinorama. Is it really that hard to see why people think you're a shill? There's only a week and a half left for KNC to meet their initial shipping deadline and no signs they will ship in the next week and a half, yet you are still glorifying them. It's like an abused wife denying she's being abused while her husband is in mid-swing...

PS: Nothing personal bitcoinorama. I like you and like having you around. However, I find it puzzling how you can be so blind to think KNC's shit doesn't stink. I would love to be proven wrong about them delaying, as I have a couple orders with them. I just don't see them making a September shipping deadline.

Coinhoarder I know product design, I know engineering, and I know how to raise funding. Please pick a hole in the analytical content I gave and not tr to make assumption as to my intentions, which ai might add are sincere. I have made the right choice on this forum multiple times, and there is one significant area every manufacturer bar KnC has overlooked. I will stay quiet on that point until Cointerra deliver, but with respect to the above, am I wrong?

This is a crucial week for KnC, make no mistake, but they had the drop, the most well thought out and sensible one on all their competitors. If Hashfast had been planning their ASIC as they claim from 2011, then why on earth would they allow KnC to walk in and tie up all funding three months earlier?! Why not state your intention right then, and show your proof of conceptual design of you have it to hand, generate interest and prevent your legitimate competitor from beating you to the punch? Because like everything Hashfast has claimed has been dishonest. They left it too late, they know it, so they are lying and begging to secure funds with unrealistic delivery dates and chip specifications, alongside marketing gimmicks, and 'flash 3-day sales'. No real payment security, no accountability. Read their terms of sale, and you will gain a picture of their true lack of integrity.

Cointerra has been more realistic with delivery timeframe, but they have not raised NRE costs, that part is painfully obvious by their erratic behaviour. They could prob do good, but unlike Hashfast they weren't prepared to bend truths, and bear in mind whether the '20-30th October' has become 'anticipated 20-30th October' (after securing funding), and they have changed their 'terms of sale' to remove all accountability and consumer protection (4-5 times a week ago alone - still waiting for someone to point out the huge removal of customer rights there). There is no way in hell TSMC agreed to the 20-30th October even with a super hyper mega rocket run, and those guys do not bend for anyone. If called to by court TSMC would tell the truth. Hashfast will be at least 2 weeks late. Minimum. They won't receive their chips till at least Nov. Their terms suggest possibly even more, then 90 days later, you get ditched with chips you are expected to assemble yourself, with expensive components required to house the chips and have them hashing.  Again they have just removed pricing they were encouraging purchases by claiming a hashrate pricing per Gh of approx $2.60 (I forget precisely - as I said it's yet another removal made after sale has taken place). That price included the chips from the Miner Protection, fine, but it didn't include the additional costs required to purchased the board and necessary components within that price per Gh. Purposeful advertising claims with the intent to mislead and coerce sales, by fraudulently appearing a better deal than their competitors, and you doubt my analysis of competing companies and calling out foul play as shilling? It's logic dude. Marketing magic, by misdirection involves you stay alert and focus on both hands, not just the one handling the cards. Wink

I'm happy to be proven wrong, for those unfortunate enough to have funds tied up there, I hope I am. I'm man enough to openly apologise of proven otherwise, but I'm not stupid, and frankly I find it insulting how some these companies assumed we all are, let alone set up a business and expect us to fund it's entire existence and their lifestyles so they can have their own free paid for hashrate on tap.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:41:22 AM

FYI, I've just placed one of my in hand Nov. Jupiters (675GH) on Ebay for $7995.  I would end the auction early and sell for $7000 for payment in bitcoin.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=291069618922

First bitcoin offer takes it even if USD offer comes in first.

PM if interested.

How about half? That's what it's worth.

sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:57:51 AM

I am back from 1-month plus bitcointalk hiatus that has brought better clarity to my mind.  I finally found these 2 posts by Alex (Bitcoinorama) that have always be in the back of my mind.  I felt he deserves some much needed and overdue recognition (and perhaps even apologies from doubters HINT HINT Coin____der) for providing such insightful, impartial and downright accurate assessments of their 2 main competitors that are finally beginning to ship now almost 4 months after KnC.  You have to give this man credit for being pretty much dead on with his assessments (4 months ago) of how HashFast has been dishonest all along that is plain to see by everyone now.  He took a lot of heats for standing up and believing in KnC and calling out HashFast's unrealistic delivery schedule and specs (exceeded power estimate, probably due to overclocking to meet 400Gh/chip specs) and Cointerra for not raising enough NRE fund (cause tapeout to be delayed) and providing best case specs (currently shipped hashing at less than specs).  Hopefully KnC will continue their trend of under-promise/over-deliver unlike their competiters.  I will be a customer for life as long as they continue to employ a man with such impeccable integrity.

I just want people to have a fair and safe purchase experience from a continuous source of unknowns, many who have scammed people on this forum. Why is that so hard to understand? I do not believe Cointerra are intent on scamming. I do however believe Hashfast are being deliberately dishonest with respect to delivery and specs, as they have removed all accountability and liability from their terms that they update frequesntly after sales have taken place. They now have just added a new severability term in their terms of sale (No.20 that states they can do whatever they want, when they want, change terms without any prior consultation or contact with their customers at will, removing any protection their buyers have). I also feel Cointerra are claiming best case simulated specs, and that makes me question why they have stopped accepting Paypal now. Why should I be persecuted for wanting people and their funds to be treated with respect? Why should I be persecuted for trying to forewarn and educate people as to how to safely purchase pre-order goods?

I find it funny that you're still championing KNC over every other vendor. There is only a week and a half left in September. When the end of the month comes, I expect to be proven correct, that KNC will delay... how long will they delay? That's anyone's guess.

Like seriously, wtf Bitcoinorama. Is it really that hard to see why people think you're a shill? There's only a week and a half left for KNC to meet their initial shipping deadline and no signs they will ship in the next week and a half, yet you are still glorifying them. It's like an abused wife denying she's being abused while her husband is in mid-swing...

PS: Nothing personal bitcoinorama. I like you and like having you around. However, I find it puzzling how you can be so blind to think KNC's shit doesn't stink. I would love to be proven wrong about them delaying, as I have a couple orders with them. I just don't see them making a September shipping deadline.

Coinhoarder I know product design, I know engineering, and I know how to raise funding. Please pick a hole in the analytical content I gave and not tr to make assumption as to my intentions, which ai might add are sincere. I have made the right choice on this forum multiple times, and there is one significant area every manufacturer bar KnC has overlooked. I will stay quiet on that point until Cointerra deliver, but with respect to the above, am I wrong?

This is a crucial week for KnC, make no mistake, but they had the drop, the most well thought out and sensible one on all their competitors. If Hashfast had been planning their ASIC as they claim from 2011, then why on earth would they allow KnC to walk in and tie up all funding three months earlier?! Why not state your intention right then, and show your proof of conceptual design of you have it to hand, generate interest and prevent your legitimate competitor from beating you to the punch? Because like everything Hashfast has claimed has been dishonest. They left it too late, they know it, so they are lying and begging to secure funds with unrealistic delivery dates and chip specifications, alongside marketing gimmicks, and 'flash 3-day sales'. No real payment security, no accountability. Read their terms of sale, and you will gain a picture of their true lack of integrity.

Cointerra has been more realistic with delivery timeframe, but they have not raised NRE costs, that part is painfully obvious by their erratic behaviour. They could prob do good, but unlike Hashfast they weren't prepared to bend truths, and bear in mind whether the '20-30th October' has become 'anticipated 20-30th October' (after securing funding), and they have changed their 'terms of sale' to remove all accountability and consumer protection (4-5 times a week ago alone - still waiting for someone to point out the huge removal of customer rights there). There is no way in hell TSMC agreed to the 20-30th October even with a super hyper mega rocket run, and those guys do not bend for anyone. If called to by court TSMC would tell the truth. Hashfast will be at least 2 weeks late. Minimum. They won't receive their chips till at least Nov. Their terms suggest possibly even more, then 90 days later, you get ditched with chips you are expected to assemble yourself, with expensive components required to house the chips and have them hashing.  Again they have just removed pricing they were encouraging purchases by claiming a hashrate pricing per Gh of approx $2.60 (I forget precisely - as I said it's yet another removal made after sale has taken place). That price included the chips from the Miner Protection, fine, but it didn't include the additional costs required to purchased the board and necessary components within that price per Gh. Purposeful advertising claims with the intent to mislead and coerce sales, by fraudulently appearing a better deal than their competitors, and you doubt my analysis of competing companies and calling out foul play as shilling? It's logic dude. Marketing magic, by misdirection involves you stay alert and focus on both hands, not just the one handling the cards. Wink

I'm happy to be proven wrong, for those unfortunate enough to have funds tied up there, I hope I am. I'm man enough to openly apologise of proven otherwise, but I'm not stupid, and frankly I find it insulting how some these companies assumed we all are, let alone set up a business and expect us to fund it's entire existence and their lifestyles so they can have their own free paid for hashrate on tap.
wesly you are right, bitcoinorama does deserve a tip, at least from me because his info. was very crucial to my decision making. I did my due diligence on KNC as best I could, and to orama's info. and the info. posted earlier on from senior forum member who attended KNC's invite early on last year.

BITCOINORAM, I got a cup of coffee or mug of beer for ya in DOGECOINS....10,000 DOGECOINS since that is the new coin for tips...get a dogecoin wallet and let me know....it is the least I can do. thanks 'ORAMA.
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:29:47 PM

I am back from 1-month plus bitcointalk hiatus that has brought better clarity to my mind...

Now you are back, you might want to contact Cyper:

Talking about scam THIS guy managed to trick a lot of people into using his reseller link and he is the 3rd top KNC reseller: http://reseller.kncminer.com/orders

More info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348743.msg4755253#msg4755253

Fortunate for him KNC changed their policy to only allow change of the reseller info on an order if both the buyer and seller requested it.
Hopefully enough people would complain and he will lose his reseller status and all his awards.

That is called deception.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:35:37 PM

I am back from 1-month plus bitcointalk hiatus that has brought better clarity to my mind...

Now you are back, you might want to contact Cyper:

Talking about scam THIS guy managed to trick a lot of people into using his reseller link and he is the 3rd top KNC reseller: http://reseller.kncminer.com/orders

More info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=348743.msg4755253#msg4755253

Fortunate for him KNC changed their policy to only allow change of the reseller info on an order if both the buyer and seller requested it.
Hopefully enough people would complain and he will lose his reseller status and all his awards.

That is called deception.
avenger, he has pm'd me btw, and I am a buyer through his reseller link. I think this shall work out ok.

I wonder since they allow you to change away from the reseller if they would allow you to change an order placed directly at KNC to be credited to a reseller instead??
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:57:01 PM

Well another week gone and not a word from KNC Miner.

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:19:25 PM

Well another week gone and not a word from KNC Miner.

It's not a big issue. Some folks as of today are raking in bitcoin at 1.7-2.0TH per machine, and many have been doing it at 180GH for 45 days in some cases. I'm sure KNC is doing all it can to help protect its customers from that.

I'm sure they're just working on getting their stock up for another fire sale of 100 modules like last time.

KNC any news on that?

The Avenger

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:32:41 PM

Exactly. I only bought a KNC rig because it was supposed to be upgradeable with extra modules. Intending to let it earn it's own module upgrades. Too fucking late now. One tiny batch of modules which were probably RMA or something that sells out in minutes with no warnng was pathetic.
Out of curiousity, what boards did people get in the last firesale? What no/revisions were they?

3813?
4813?
Rev a? Rev b?

"I am not The Avenger"
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 09:37:13 PM

Exactly. I only bought a KNC rig because it was supposed to be upgradeable with extra modules. Intending to let it earn it's own module upgrades. Too fucking late now. One tiny batch of modules which were probably RMA or something that sells out in minutes with no warnng was pathetic.
Out of curiousity, what boards did people get in the last firesale? What no/revisions were they?

3813?
4813?
Rev a? Rev b?

Rev V. (vaporware)

The Avenger

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:24:12 PM

3813?
4813?
Rev a? Rev b?

Rev V. (vaporware)
Congrats on revealing your identity

"I am not The Avenger"
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:46:09 AM

was there conclusive info regarding stripping out the beta Sept October boards and replacing with the potentially never coming 'Notvember' ones?
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:15:32 AM

Something I wondered when they offered hosting. What happens to those hosted rigs when they aren't paying their bills?

Our rigs sitting hashing at home are going to struggle to pay their way fairly soon, but we have the option to Ebay them before that comes, switch to something else etc. No extra cost to us. We have them in hand.

A hosted rig, it's going to reach that point quicker due to hosting fees. I can't see KNC eBaying them for clients or messing about mining other coins if you can't do it remotely.

More to the point, at what point do KNC say it's time to shift their own farm...while the modules have decent value? There's going to be a fair few modules looking for a new home at some point from them if they do isn't there? They won't want to be stuck with loads of worthless hardware if they leave it too late, or run them at a loss of course.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:28:17 AM

Hence The 'Prepare Your Coins'

we're almost at the point of dumping our leftovers.... open wide!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:38:35 AM

Can you name another ASIC mining manufacturer that has done better?

Define 'better'.

There are 2, 3, other companies shipping equipment right now, with no intention to stop shipping.

KNC's demonstrated above-average (BFL) customer service, and better than most for keeping timetables. They've failed to keep their NPS.

i guess one is the black arrow place doing what is it called prospero-x or some such..they have up until around 3 days ago (trying to remember) said
they would ship in FEB now they say MAY of course it was BTC only I think

oops

just search black arrow in the www.bitcointalk.org search bar above

and of course everyone on hashfast has gone completely off the rails

the cointerra folks are also p/o'd at 1.65TH or so and 28mm minner that they have is not 2TH if the 1.65-1.72TH or some such is accurate from my memory..we are talking
3 Jupiters (Oct) at 555gh using the same elec power more or less ..they say 2100 watts so that /3 means 700 watts

anyway it is pretty ugly...cointerra seems the only one attempting to compensate...as far as i can tell BFL/hashfast and so far anyway blackarrow do not seem to be or want to compensate....at least not yet

man makes me appreciate KNC more

on a side note on KNC forums a guy got a 'used' jupiter i think it was with a burned chip I think on the controller board and was intially told by someone at KNC that they had to contact the original owner to RMA.....one of the KNC staff got on and said that is incorrect...the warrenty FOLLLOWS the equipment and contact him...again the guy was posting to find someone to fix it...no way can i see BFL doing that

here is the link and reply from kurt at knc

better then my trying to remember above

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/off-topic/miners-cafe/28957-beaglebone-and-controller-board-needed

anyway nice to know the warrenty follows teh unit

KNC again comes thru!

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
3rac3

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:42:13 AM

Define 'better'.

There are 2, 3, other companies shipping equipment right now, with no intention to stop shipping.

KNC's demonstrated above-average (BFL) customer service, and better than most for keeping timetables. They've failed to keep their NPS.

i guess one is the black arrow place doing what is it called prospero-x or some such..they have up until around 3 days ago (trying to remember) said

oops

the cointerra folks are also p/o'd at 1.65TH or so and 28mm minner that they have is not 2TH if the 1.65-1.72TH or some such is accurate from my memory..we are talking
3 Jupiters (Oct) at 555gh using the same elec power more or less ..they say 2100 watts so that /3 means 700 watts

anyway it is pretty ugly...cointerra seems the only one attempting to compensate...as far as i can tell BFL/hashfast and so far anyway blackarrow do not seem to be or want to compensate....at least not yet

on a side note on KNC forums a guy got a 'used' jupiter i think it was with a burned chip I think on the controller board and was intially told by someone at KNC that they had to contact the original owner to RMA.....one of the KNC staff got on and said that is incorrect...the warrenty FOLLLOWS the equipment and contact him...again the guy was posting to find someone to fix it...no way can i see BFL doing that

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/off-topic/miners-cafe/28957-beaglebone-and-controller-board-needed

KNC again comes thru!

Searing

I agree with the above however timeline for Neptunes would be nice.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:53:05 AM

I have used the RMA service twice now, shipped express, they receive and ship same day express. ship Monday have a replacement on Wednesday

Best support ever in my opinion.

pedrosoft

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:55:23 AM

Define 'better'.

oops

KNC again comes thru!

Searing

I agree too ! Smiley Neptune is the best "near-future" miner
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:02:28 PM

Define 'better'.

oops

KNC again comes thru!

Searing

tell me about it me and my 2 brothers have 2 on order 1 batch one and 1 batch 2 both very very early in the queue

anyway hope like heck they are at least 4TH

brothers being noobs want to mine with the shiny toy...actually probably would be better imho to just buy btc...but with btc rise we should do ok ROI wise in USD at worst...but kinda a long way around in the woods to arrive at same place is likely

anyway me as a noob when I ordered from KNC in july 1st I looked at just getting BTC at 100 usd I think it was?...so that means I could have gotten me 71.138...I think if I paid what I did to knc for the oct Jupiter...>>>probably streaching this beyond the elec cost will get 50btc out ot my oct 555gh Jupiter...but what the heck anything that gets them on the BTC train....and imho btc has to go up or no one will buy any commercial btc miners for say 20k in fall if they only do like 0.10btc per day imho ...a very bad case difficulty rise etc ...talking generation next after Neptune...so.anyway you place your bets... under the circumstances and info you have ..all you can do.

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 ... 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 [1452] 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: