Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:53:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EWBF's CUDA Zcash miner  (Read 2164067 times)
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 05:10:24 PM

tried everything about. the card ist just stuck. sometimes Core goes to 1700-1800 but after round is over it goes back to 1506. can i set the difficulty in miner somehow? i think it is because of the difficulty the card receives from the pool. i am on suprnova. any1 ideas about what difficulty i should set? it can be set in the bat file via password field.

edit: tried different difficulty, not helping....i slowly think the card is faulty..

What are you clock if you reset the card to default ? (default OC, default TDP, and so on), also could you give me your whole rig setup (motherboard, OS, PSU, direct connection or riser, what pci gen setup in bios, and so forth)

have you tried to not set difficulty @ all ? (--p something like x)

AsRock Z97 Fatality Professional, G1840 CPU, 8 GB RAM, Win 10 64 bit with NVIDIA 376.33 driver and GPU directly on board, no risers (jsut my test rig). PCI Gen is on auto, i will set it to gen 3 and see how it goes. also tried setting -p x, still  no changes. Sometimes GPU overclocks, but swiftly goes back to magical 1506 Mhz Cheesy GPU Z shows me 100% load on GPU, but its only 59 degrees

but changes in GPU Clock Speed happen sometimes when new work comes

What about your PSU ? 100% on GPU is normal that's what you want, also i noticed that the nvidia GTX 1070 always try to keep it's temperature to 60° it's probably it's optimal operational temp. so nothing seems wrong so far.
PSU is a 1300 Watt EVGA G2 which was working normally on other rigs, so i would exclude it from the list. It ist just a pretty strange behaviour i cant even think of an explanation for Cheesy also tried other pool and no changes. the thing is that i bought the card from amazon and could send it back and choose some other brand over it. currently there is an MSI Card to the same price available. but i really like the beast cooler of Palit Jet Stream

another sujjestion would be to try other driver. what driver are you using? i wil DDU the current one and try your version

You have my drivers version in my MSI afterburner screenshot Wink pretty sure that's not it, but doesn't hurt to try, did you tried other miners btw ? like EQM one ?. Good PSU i would also exclude it. Well im licked no other idea than hardware weirdness. I don't like MSI card, avoid them tbh, isn't there an EVGA or ZOTAC one ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
un4given

Activity: 192

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 05:13:30 PM

tried everything about. the card ist just stuck. sometimes Core goes to 1700-1800 but after round is over it goes back to 1506. can i set the difficulty in miner somehow? i think it is because of the difficulty the card receives from the pool. i am on suprnova. any1 ideas about what difficulty i should set? it can be set in the bat file via password field.

edit: tried different difficulty, not helping....i slowly think the card is faulty..

What are you clock if you reset the card to default ? (default OC, default TDP, and so on), also could you give me your whole rig setup (motherboard, OS, PSU, direct connection or riser, what pci gen setup in bios, and so forth)

have you tried to not set difficulty @ all ? (--p something like x)

AsRock Z97 Fatality Professional, G1840 CPU, 8 GB RAM, Win 10 64 bit with NVIDIA 376.33 driver and GPU directly on board, no risers (jsut my test rig). PCI Gen is on auto, i will set it to gen 3 and see how it goes. also tried setting -p x, still  no changes. Sometimes GPU overclocks, but swiftly goes back to magical 1506 Mhz Cheesy GPU Z shows me 100% load on GPU, but its only 59 degrees

but changes in GPU Clock Speed happen sometimes when new work comes

What about your PSU ? 100% on GPU is normal that's what you want, also i noticed that the nvidia GTX 1070 always try to keep it's temperature to 60° it's probably it's optimal operational temp. so nothing seems wrong so far.
PSU is a 1300 Watt EVGA G2 which was working normally on other rigs, so i would exclude it from the list. It ist just a pretty strange behaviour i cant even think of an explanation for Cheesy also tried other pool and no changes. the thing is that i bought the card from amazon and could send it back and choose some other brand over it. currently there is an MSI Card to the same price available. but i really like the beast cooler of Palit Jet Stream

another sujjestion would be to try other driver. what driver are you using? i wil DDU the current one and try your version

You have my drivers version in my MSI afterburner screenshot Wink pretty sure that's not it, but doesn't hurt to try, did you tried other miners btw ? like EQM one ?. Good PSU i would also exclude it. Well im licked no other idea than hardware weirdness. I don't like MSI card, avoid them tbh, isn't there an EVGA or ZOTAC one ?

nah pity, but EVGA and ZOTAC are way to expensive..round 500€ is too much for testing fun Cheesy my rigs are full on AMD, but decided to give GTX 1070 a shot and maybe keep it as a gaming card in the future Cheesy i will plug the card into another rig and see how it will work there..on a platinum PSU Cheesy maybe smth changes
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 06:29:54 PM

Are you sure you increased the power?  Also try pressing ctrl F.. This will get you to a voltage/clock graph... Pick an point that makes sense and press ctrl L, then apply.  That locks it.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 06:57:12 PM

Lots of kids hopping from AMD to Nvidia. Wonder what changed in the last two weeks.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
un4given

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 08:42:26 PM

Lots of kids hopping from AMD to Nvidia. Wonder what changed in the last two weeks.
pls don't call miners who have been in the business since 2009 - kids...thats not polite Cheesy
un4given

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 08:57:47 PM

Are you sure you increased the power?  Also try pressing ctrl F.. This will get you to a voltage/clock graph... Pick an point that makes sense and press ctrl L, then apply.  That locks it.
eventhough i lock the state at 1880 and 900 voltage it still goes back to 1657 mhz and stays there.

edit: now i changed power limit to 100 and the core went to 1880 at 900 voltage. no idea what voltage is safe to go to.

doing 410 H/s
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 09:02:19 PM

pls don't call miners who have been in the business since 2009 - kids...thats not polite Cheesy

if someone would call me a kid, i would be pleased.  Grin
I got ZOTAC mini 1060 6gb because it was a great deal and it fits into a PC enclosure plus I wanted to try NVIDIA for a change.
So far, i am impressed.
apart from this, the rest of my rigs are on AMD.
un4given

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 09:04:52 PM

if someone would call me a kid, i would be pleased.  Grin
I got ZOTAC mini 1060 6gb because it was a great deal and it fits into a PC enclosure plus I wanted to try NVIDIA for a change.
So far, i am impressed.

so how is your ZOTAC 1060 doing? what settings, what H/s? is it getting hot ue to 1 fan only design? thinking about gettine one for work PC Cheesy
270€ and 5 years of warranty
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 10:20:10 PM

I bet you were in business before BTC was profitable to mine. Literally cost more power then you could get out of the coin until '13 and was a hobby for most people.

That aside, funny that so many of you are hopping ship from AMD. It's like you missed the memo about efficiency two years ago. Highly suspect eth-babies.

sublimus

Activity: 240

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 11:25:41 PM

Last couple of versions have been flagged for Trojans latest is Detplock anyone else get this?  Maybe False Positive?

Windows defender just did that to me actually. I don't know what settings I can use to block that from happening besides letting the defense down completely. Not an issue while I am not using the computer for anything else at least
Goto Defender's settings and exclude that folder.

TeamGreen

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:15:40 AM

yeah but i don't like 2x8 or 6 pin card, because they require you to buy more cable that no psu have in default
[/quote]

EVGA 1600G2
TeamGreen

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:21:41 AM

I bet you were in business before BTC was profitable to mine. Literally cost more power then you could get out of the coin until '13 and was a hobby for most people.

That aside, funny that so many of you are hopping ship from AMD. It's like you missed the memo about efficiency two years ago. Highly suspect eth-babies.
[/quote]

Why pick a side when you can run both, even on the same rig?  Variety is the spice of life and it never hurts to diversify.  I do agree though with your ETH-babies theory. 
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 07:49:05 AM

yeah but i don't like 2x8 or 6 pin card, because they require you to buy more cable that no psu have in default

EVGA 1600G2

Good PSU yes, but still, too powerful, too expensive, and don't have enough 8 pin cable to supply 6x2 8pin card (it has only 9 of them), i prefer to go dual-psu  Wink

So far, i am impressed.

so how is your ZOTAC 1060 doing? what settings, what H/s? is it getting hot ue to 1 fan only design? thinking about gettine one for work PC Cheesy

This card is good, only got one fan because they're short card, (about 60% lenght of a normal card) so the 1 fan design is enough to cool it.

i invite you to read from this message https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1707546.msg17449377#msg17449377

u'll get all your infos.
un4given

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 08:13:37 AM

EVGA 1600G2

Good PSU yes, but still, too powerful, too expensive, and don't have enough 8 pin cable to supply 6x2 8pin card (it has only 9 of them), i prefer to go dual-psu  Wink

So far, i am impressed.

This card is good, only got one fan because they're short card, (about 60% lenght of a normal card) so the 1 fan design is enough to cool it.

i invite you to read from this message https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1707546.msg17449377#msg17449377

u'll get all your infos.

yeah, as u said - we r stuck in a cruel dilemma Cheesy what to buy to be future proof. i am thinking of selling some AMD GPU's and going for GTX ones, but AMD is still very good for ETH and XMR. gonna be a hard time making a good decision.

made my 1070 run at 1920 mhz making 400 H/s @ 120 Watt. Still space for improvement tbh. will work on it on weekend.

btx thx for your input - appreciate it a lot
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 08:41:28 AM

yeah, as u said - we r stuck in a cruel dilemma Cheesy what to buy to be future proof. i am thinking of selling some AMD GPU's and going for GTX ones, but AMD is still very good for ETH and XMR. gonna be a hard time making a good decision.

made my 1070 run at 1920 mhz making 400 H/s @ 120 Watt. Still space for improvement tbh. will work on it on weekend.

Yeah it is indeed ahah, still pondering about what's my next move, good luck  Wink

By the way zotac and evga card are pretty good, and here for a few more euros i can get the evga ones that have 3 years warranty instead of the 2 years warranty of the zotac, so it'll probably be evga  Grin
un4given

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 08:46:35 AM

Yeah it is indeed ahah, still pondering about what's my next move, good luck  Wink

By the way zotac and evga card are pretty good, and here for a few more euros i can get the evga ones that have 3 years warranty instead of the 2 years warranty of the zotac, so it'll probably be evga  Grin

ZOTAC has 5 year extended warranty in DACH region , if you register the card 28 days after you bought it (yeah, normally 2 years) Cheesy thought 5 years are worldwide but just read through their policy and it differs from country to country so you need to read up if it is available in your place.
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 09:04:18 AM

By the way zotac and evga card are pretty good, and here for a few more euros i can get the evga ones that have 3 years warranty instead of the 2 years warranty of the zotac, so it'll probably be evga  Grin

ZOTAC has 5 year extended warranty in DACH region , if you register the card 28 days after you bought it (yeah, normally 2 years) Cheesy thought 5 years are worldwide but just read through their policy and it differs from country to country so you need to read up if it is available in your place.

You are correct i checked the zotac site, they say base warranty is 2 years, but if you register your product it'll be 5 years, thanks for this crucial info !! One thing to note though, it means you can't resell it after 2 years, because the registered warranty only concern you, not a 3rd party you would have sold the used card Smiley
ioglnx

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 09:10:22 AM

You need that warranty I lost already 10 GTX 1080 AMP! and needed replacement because the fans are crappy. They fail after 2-3month.
I have already long RMA list at local distributor and ZOTAC is aware of the issue but don't change the fans.

Switched to ASUS STRIX and they are way cooler and better.

GTX 1080Ti rocks da house... seriously... this card is a beast³
Owning by now 18x GTX1080Ti :-D @serious love of efficiency
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 09:13:10 AM

EVGA 1600G2

Good PSU yes, but still, too powerful, too expensive, and don't have enough 8 pin cable to supply 6x2 8pin card (it has only 9 of them), i prefer to go dual-psu  Wink

So far, i am impressed.

u'll get all your infos.

1800/+400 core and the mem give me 400/416 peak at 110 watt only
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 10:14:46 AM

Why pick a side when you can run both, even on the same rig?  Variety is the spice of life and it never hurts to diversify.  I do agree though with your ETH-babies theory.  

Mix/matching in the same rig can cause problems with miners, which I'm sure you'll eventually run into. You can mix match rigs though.

More of just tongue and cheek to all the AMD miners hating on Nvidia months ago.

You need that warranty I lost already 10 GTX 1080 AMP! and needed replacement because the fans are crappy. They fail after 2-3month.
I have already long RMA list at local distributor and ZOTAC is aware of the issue but don't change the fans.

Switched to ASUS STRIX and they are way cooler and better.

Guessing you had the two fan model?

Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: