Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:37:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EWBF's CUDA Zcash miner  (Read 2164067 times)
Okkoh

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:44:22 PM

EWBF isn't working on my computer, I don't understand what the problem is. I have 1 AMDR270X and 1 GTX 660. The software isn't able to run the worker. EWBF can't work if an AMD card is on the worker ? Nheqminer works, but the hashrate is realy bad Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:50:53 PM

EWBF isn't working on my computer, I don't understand what the problem is. I have 1 AMDR270X and 1 GTX 660. The software isn't able to run the worker. EWBF can't work if an AMD card is on the worker ? Nheqminer works, but the hashrate is realy bad Cheesy

The latest nheqminer should be as fast as this one.

xPwnK

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:57:13 PM

This is CUDA miner of course it doesn't work with amd cards...
Okkoh

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 02:59:50 PM

This is CUDA miner of course it doesn't work with amd cards...

Yeah for sure but EWBF isn't able to use only the Nvidia GPU, like others softwares for other currency ?
ioglnx

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 03:02:20 PM

You should all read more carefully what he wrote before answering.

He is using a GeForce GTX 660 which is CUDA 3.0..thus the miner can't work and EWBF_ stated use the version 0.6.0 if you have those oldtimer hardware.
Really when do people start reading before asking..old fashioned RTMF dude.

GTX 1080Ti rocks da house... seriously... this card is a beast³
Owning by now 18x GTX1080Ti :-D @serious love of efficiency
Okkoh

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 03:08:44 PM

He is using a GeForce GTX 660 which is CUDA 3.0..thus the miner can't work and EWBF_ stated use the version 0.6.0 if you have those oldtimer hardware.

For sure : EWBF_ wrote :

Version 0.1.0b.

EWBF's Zcash cuda miner.
Expected speeds 390 - 410 sols/s gtx1070. 270 - 290 gtx1060. Stock settings.
Writen for pascal gpus but works on cards with at least 1Gb memory, and Compute Capability 2 and higher.

Miner contain dev fee 2%.
I will support a miner if people will be interested in it.
Sorry for my bad english

So excuse me if I'm wrong.

GTX660 is 2Gb memory and CC3 btw
ioglnx

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 03:11:57 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2017, 03:31:34 PM by ioglnx

Version 0.1.0b.

EWBF's Zcash cuda miner.
Writen for pascal gpus but works on cards with at least 1Gb memory, and Compute Capability 2 and higher.

Sorry for my bad english

Srly? You need some glasses ...again read the whole text before running.
Or do you run off from a mountain and ask yourself after if this was wise to do so given you are not in a Warner Cartoon like Road runner and coyote with all the ACME stuff?!

Version 0.1.0b.

EWBF's Zcash cuda miner.
Sorry for my bad english  Sad

Version 0.1.0b
Speed increase 2 - 5%
For old cards compute capabilities 2.x 3.x try version 0.0.6b it can be faster.

Okkoh

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 03:47:41 PM

Version 0.1.0b.

EWBF's Zcash cuda miner.

Sorry for my bad english

Or do you run off from a mountain and ask yourself after if this was wise to do so given you are not in a Warner Cartoon like Road runner and coyote with all the ACME stuff?!

Version 0.1.0b.

EWBF's Zcash cuda miner.

Version 0.1.0b
Speed increase 2 - 5%

What's wrong with you man ? Where is the famous respect you demand ? GTX 660 isn't pascal gpu but still is CC3 which is higher than CC2 and still is 2Gb mem which is higher than 1Gb, isn't it ? 0.0.6b can be faster but I didn't read that 0.01b won't work at all for CC3. Where is it written that it is necessary to use the 0.0.6b for a CC3 and 2Gb card ?

And for your information, I tryed 0.06b and it still don't work. Same error : "ERROR : Cannot run workers."

Do I now have the right to post a message and to share my problem ?
ioglnx

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 03:57:50 PM

Version 0.1.0b.

EWBF's Zcash cuda miner.

Sorry for my bad english

Version 0.1.0b.

EWBF's Zcash cuda miner.

Version 0.1.0b
Speed increase 2 - 5%

What's wrong with you man ? Where is the famous respect you demand ? GTX 660 isn't pascal gpu but still is CC3 which is higher than CC2 and still is 2Gb mem which is higher than 1Gb, isn't it ? 0.0.6b can be faster but I didn't read that 0.01b won't work at all for CC3. Where is it written that it is necessary to use the 0.0.6b for a CC3 and 2Gb card ?

And for your information, I tryed 0.06b and it still don't work. Same error : "ERROR : Cannot run workers."

Respect for what? It is clearly written what is your problem man?
First you mentioned you used 0.1.0b than you come up with other info and blame me for that missing link?
I just pointed out what was written and based on what you wrote. Thats it ..not my fault you are highly sensitive
I give up on you..seriously u nee

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 06:50:56 PM

I never had a mixed cards issue since I started. I even mined with amd and nvidia on the same rig. And with different miners on some cards, etc. All ok.
I guess it might have to do with drivers and OS, though.

I'm sure you've ran into scenarios where you have to run multiple miners instead of just one. Most basic compatibility issue.

I run multiple miners only when I need to: different algos, for example. Not 'cause of issues.

So the bug with Claymore and Genoil's miners for Eth where you couldn't mine in mixed systems never plagued you? You had to run two instances, one for each OCL and Cuda.

I never used claymore miners. I actually mined with fee miners very very little. And i mined ethereum very little, just a couple days.
Now that you make me think of it, I had to run multiple instances of a miner when I solo-mined SIA, at the beginning. But that was a limitation of the miner and had nothing to do with the cards or the system, and it was quickly fixed.

Yeah... that's why I mentioned miners. It's part of mining... You can definitely run both AMD and Nvidia cards in the same system, whether or not you can mine with them is kinda a big deal.

I bet you were in business before BTC was profitable to mine. Literally cost more power then you could get out of the coin until '13 and was a hobby for most people.

That aside, funny that so many of you are hopping ship from AMD. It's like you missed the memo about efficiency two years ago. Highly suspect eth-babies.

Why pick a side when you can run both, even on the same rig?  Variety is the spice of life and it never hurts to diversify.  I do agree though with your ETH-babies theory.  

Mix/matching in the same rig can cause problems with miners, which I'm sure you'll eventually run into. You can mix match rigs though.

More of just tongue and cheek to all the AMD miners hating on Nvidia months ago.

You need that warranty I lost already 10 GTX 1080 AMP! and needed replacement because the fans are crappy. They fail after 2-3month.
I have already long RMA list at local distributor and ZOTAC is aware of the issue but don't change the fans.

Switched to ASUS STRIX and they are way cooler and better.

Guessing you had the two fan model?

I wrote AMP! not AMP! Extreme so yes it implied 2 Fan version. Also the Extreme with 3 Fans are failing hard as I heard form the distributor.The RMA Rates here in Austria at 60% on Zotac AMP! and AMP! Extreme. they stopped selling them

I don't know the model numbers off the top of my heads. There is another AMP! which is the cheap 3 fan model as well. I haven't had any failures with those yet, I guess I'll have to look out for that. The two fan models definitely had issues with excessive fan speeds due to shroud wrapping them too tightly.

I bet you were in business before BTC was profitable to mine. Literally cost more power then you could get out of the coin until '13 and was a hobby for most people.

That aside, funny that so many of you are hopping ship from AMD. It's like you missed the memo about efficiency two years ago. Highly suspect eth-babies.

Why pick a side when you can run both, even on the same rig?  Variety is the spice of life and it never hurts to diversify.  I do agree though with your ETH-babies theory.  

Mix/matching in the same rig can cause problems with miners, which I'm sure you'll eventually run into. You can mix match rigs though.

More of just tongue and cheek to all the AMD miners hating on Nvidia months ago.

You need that warranty I lost already 10 GTX 1080 AMP! and needed replacement because the fans are crappy. They fail after 2-3month.
I have already long RMA list at local distributor and ZOTAC is aware of the issue but don't change the fans.

Switched to ASUS STRIX and they are way cooler and better.

Guessing you had the two fan model?

I wrote AMP! not AMP! Extreme so yes it implied 2 Fan version. Also the Extreme with 3 Fans are failing hard as I heard form the distributor.The RMA Rates here in Austria at 60% on Zotac AMP! and AMP! Extreme. they stopped selling them

Danke für this information. Was thinking about buying ZOTAC but now seems EVGA could be a better choice. Was looking on GTX 1060 Single Fan

Get ready for 5173s burning out on you. I have about a 50% failure rate right now. You really have no idea whether or not the thermal pad kits are installed unless you pop them open. Getting a thermal kit takes about a month as well. Thermal kits aren't guarenteed to stop them from burning up either and I'll need to wait and see on that one. Talked about this in SPs thread.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 07:33:05 PM

I never had a mixed cards issue since I started. I even mined with amd and nvidia on the same rig. And with different miners on some cards, etc. All ok.

I'm sure you've ran into scenarios where you have to run multiple miners instead of just one. Most basic compatibility issue.

I run multiple miners only when I need to: different algos, for example. Not 'cause of issues.

So the bug with Claymore and Genoil's miners for Eth where you couldn't mine in mixed systems never plagued you? You had to run two instances, one for each OCL and Cuda.

I never used claymore miners. I actually mined with fee miners very very little. And i mined ethereum very little, just a couple days.
Now that you make me think of it, I had to run multiple instances of a miner when I solo-mined SIA, at the beginning. But that was a limitation of the miner and had nothing to do with the cards or the system, and it was quickly fixed.

Yeah... that's why I mentioned miners. It's part of mining... You can definitely run both AMD and Nvidia cards in the same system, whether or not you can mine with them is kinda a big deal.

That SIA miner needed one instance per card, even if they were the same model. Weren't we talking about mixed cards issues? I never had any.

AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 09:13:04 PM

Version 0.1.0b.

EWBF's Zcash cuda miner.

Sorry for my bad english

Version 0.1.0b.

EWBF's Zcash cuda miner.

Version 0.1.0b
Speed increase 2 - 5%

Respect for what? It is clearly written what is your problem man?
First you mentioned you used 0.1.0b than you come up with other info and blame me for that missing link?
I just pointed out what was written and based on what you wrote. Thats it ..not my fault you are highly sensitive
I give up on you..seriously u nee
Guys, not all mobos can support AMD with Nvidia, also not all OS's...
bughatti

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 10:46:56 PM

Danke für this information. Was thinking about buying ZOTAC but now seems EVGA could be a better choice. Was looking on GTX 1060 Single Fan

Thanks for feedback man, i will go EVGA too then  Wink, it was 90% decided already, but you only confirm it 100%  Grin too bad thought, 5y RMA is very nice.

5years if you hassle with Zotac support you need 10years. Even I send them all video and they already had everything in their database they reuqested it over and over again unwilling to process the RMAs. So the distributor escalated this and recall the GTx1080 AMP! and pay back the buying price or exchange for other cards. Zotac Germany HQ also aware of issues but unable to do anything before the main HQ gives ack. So I have already 10 failed and of 3 RMA they also failed across various productions lines from 162xxxx to 165xxx serials.

Ah yeah i can see bad experiencs Sad, will go for EVGA then, thx for the warnings !

So I ended up with Asus Strix GTX1080 A8G - a lot better - also plenty space of cooling for summer :-D During mining with oc they stay at good 50°C at 70% Fan. I really love them - Going to replace the rest of my Zotac GTX1080 AMP! in my farm with ASUS

Grin nice, 1080 worth buying for mining in your opinion ?  i find them very expensive and hard to roi, or did you meant 1070 maybe ?  Wink

No I meant GTX1080 i have both GTX1080 and GTX1070 as well as AMD RX480s. Sofar I already ROI two GTX1080 in 2month ..thanks to the ALTs :-D
I plan to invest in more 1080s and also with Asus Cash back its nice ..and also the game bundles that came with them I could sell..I made also some money back.
You just need to find the sweet spot of all ...

My 2 cents worth, I have the Asus gtx 1060 and I am getting 390 to 400 with 2 .bat instances on 3 cards.  Max watts I have scene is 410.  Suprnova shows a steady 800 + most of the time with small slips down to 600 +  I plan to buy 4 more cards for the chassis I built today with garage parts.  I can get them around 195 with the right deals.
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 05:14:56 AM

That SIA miner needed one instance per card, even if they were the same model. Weren't we talking about mixed cards issues? I never had any.

Yeah? Just because you haven't had any doesn't mean they don't exist. Ethereum is a prime example which I listed and there are plenty of people that mined that.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
kolap

Activity: 301

In Crypto We Trust

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 07:17:25 AM

Anyone know the speed of the cards below and perhaps watt also? Thanks
GTX 950
GTX 960
GTX 970

xyburcoin

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 08:02:12 AM

Anyone know the speed of the cards below and perhaps watt also? Thanks
GTX 950
GTX 960
GTX 970

GTX950 = ?
GTX 960 = 135 Sol/s
GTX 970 = 270 Sol/s

Not sure about the wattage but in some sites:

GTX960 = 100w
GTX970 = 170w

Cheers!  Smiley

Life is ours, we live it our way.
valsens

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 09:04:01 AM

....os and drivers?
Hurtman

Activity: 180

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 09:12:59 AM

980 (oc) - 330+
ubeyou

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 10:42:45 AM

Hi guys, I'm using 1070 x 2, somehow the 1st GC only run @ 60% of it's GPU usage. Is that common? Or I have to open two instances?
Roman_Hq

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 11:09:54 AM

Good result!!!!

GTX 1060

nheqminer_v0.4a - 52 Sol
EWBF - 270 Sol
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: