Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:48:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EWBF's CUDA Zcash miner  (Read 2163918 times)
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 10:18:39 AM

I never had a mixed cards issue since I started. I even mined with amd and nvidia on the same rig. And with different miners on some cards, etc. All ok.
I guess it might have to do with drivers and OS, though.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 10:21:19 AM

I never had a mixed cards issue since I started. I even mined with amd and nvidia on the same rig. And with different miners on some cards, etc. All ok.

I'm sure you've ran into scenarios where you have to run multiple miners instead of just one. Most basic compatibility issue.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 10:22:37 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2017, 10:37:06 AM by m1n1ngP4d4w4n

You need that warranty I lost already 10 GTX 1080 AMP! and needed replacement because the fans are crappy. They fail after 2-3month.
I have already long RMA list at local distributor and ZOTAC is aware of the issue but don't change the fans.

Switched to ASUS STRIX and they are way cooler and better.

Oh thx for your feedback, very useful, i'll go with EVGA if i do some 1060 rig then, im very happy with their 1070.

Isn't the amp version the one with 2 fans ? have you tried the normal 1 fan version just for info if you encountered the same issues.
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 10:23:44 AM

I'm sure you've ran into scenarios where you have to run multiple miners instead of just one. Most basic compatibility issue.

I run multiple miners only when I need to: different algos, for example. Not 'cause of issues.

bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 11:47:22 AM

I run multiple miners only when I need to: different algos, for example. Not 'cause of issues.

So the bug with Claymore and Genoil's miners for Eth where you couldn't mine in mixed systems never plagued you? You had to run two instances, one for each OCL and Cuda. This is the most recent scenario of this I can think of.

Right off the bat EWBF doesn't support AMD mining for instance, so you'll need to run EWBF and Claymore. Not really a bug, but doesn't support multiple systems.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 11:52:17 AM

So the bug with Claymore and Genoil's miners for Eth where you couldn't mine in mixed systems never plagued you? You had to run two instances, one for each OCL and Cuda.

I never used claymore miners. I actually mined with fee miners very very little. And i mined ethereum very little, just a couple days.
Now that you make me think of it, I had to run multiple instances of a miner when I solo-mined SIA, at the beginning. But that was a limitation of the miner and had nothing to do with the cards or the system, and it was quickly fixed.

ioglnx

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 11:54:23 AM

I bet you were in business before BTC was profitable to mine. Literally cost more power then you could get out of the coin until '13 and was a hobby for most people.

That aside, funny that so many of you are hopping ship from AMD. It's like you missed the memo about efficiency two years ago. Highly suspect eth-babies.

Why pick a side when you can run both, even on the same rig?  Variety is the spice of life and it never hurts to diversify.  I do agree though with your ETH-babies theory.  

Mix/matching in the same rig can cause problems with miners, which I'm sure you'll eventually run into. You can mix match rigs though.

More of just tongue and cheek to all the AMD miners hating on Nvidia months ago.

You need that warranty I lost already 10 GTX 1080 AMP! and needed replacement because the fans are crappy. They fail after 2-3month.
I have already long RMA list at local distributor and ZOTAC is aware of the issue but don't change the fans.

Guessing you had the two fan model?

I wrote AMP! not AMP! Extreme so yes it implied 2 Fan version. Also the Extreme with 3 Fans are failing hard as I heard form the distributor.The RMA Rates here in Austria at 60% on Zotac AMP! and AMP! Extreme. they stopped selling them

GTX 1080Ti rocks da house... seriously... this card is a beast³
Owning by now 18x GTX1080Ti :-D @serious love of efficiency
un4given

Activity: 192

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 11:59:29 AM

I bet you were in business before BTC was profitable to mine. Literally cost more power then you could get out of the coin until '13 and was a hobby for most people.

That aside, funny that so many of you are hopping ship from AMD. It's like you missed the memo about efficiency two years ago. Highly suspect eth-babies.

Why pick a side when you can run both, even on the same rig?  Variety is the spice of life and it never hurts to diversify.  I do agree though with your ETH-babies theory.  

Mix/matching in the same rig can cause problems with miners, which I'm sure you'll eventually run into. You can mix match rigs though.

More of just tongue and cheek to all the AMD miners hating on Nvidia months ago.

Guessing you had the two fan model?

I wrote AMP! not AMP! Extreme so yes it implied 2 Fan version. Also the Extreme with 3 Fans are failing hard as I heard form the distributor.The RMA Rates here in Austria at 60% on Zotac AMP! and AMP! Extreme. they stopped selling them

Danke für this information. Was thinking about buying ZOTAC but now seems EVGA could be a better choice. Was looking on GTX 1060 Single Fan
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 12:07:17 PM

Danke für this information. Was thinking about buying ZOTAC but now seems EVGA could be a better choice. Was looking on GTX 1060 Single Fan

Thanks for feedback man, i will go EVGA too then  Wink, it was 90% decided already, but you only confirm it 100%  Grin too bad thought, 5y RMA is very nice.
ioglnx

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 01:10:56 PM

Thanks for feedback man, i will go EVGA too then  Wink, it was 90% decided already, but you only confirm it 100%  Grin too bad thought, 5y RMA is very nice.

5years if you hassle with Zotac support you need 10years. Even I send them all video and they already had everything in their database they reuqested it over and over again unwilling to process the RMAs. So the distributor escalated this and recall the GTx1080 AMP! and pay back the buying price or exchange for other cards. Zotac Germany HQ also aware of issues but unable to do anything before the main HQ gives ack. So I have already 10 failed and of 3 RMA they also failed across various productions lines from 162xxxx to 165xxx serials.

m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 01:13:49 PM

5years if you hassle with Zotac support you need 10years. Even I send them all video and they already had everything in their database they reuqested it over and over again unwilling to process the RMAs. So the distributor escalated this and recall the GTx1080 AMP! and pay back the buying price or exchange for other cards. Zotac Germany HQ also aware of issues but unable to do anything before the main HQ gives ack. So I have already 10 failed and of 3 RMA they also failed across various productions lines from 162xxxx to 165xxx serials.

Ah yeah i can see bad experiencs Sad, will go for EVGA then, thx for the warnings !
ioglnx

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 01:16:04 PM

Ah yeah i can see bad experiencs Sad, will go for EVGA then, thx for the warnings !

So I ended up with Asus Strix GTX1080 A8G - a lot better - also plenty space of cooling for summer :-D During mining with oc they stay at good 50°C at 70% Fan. I really love them - Going to replace the rest of my Zotac GTX1080 AMP! in my farm with ASUS

m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 01:18:22 PM

So I ended up with Asus Strix GTX1080 A8G - a lot better - also plenty space of cooling for summer :-D During mining with oc they stay at good 50°C at 70% Fan. I really love them - Going to replace the rest of my Zotac GTX1080 AMP! in my farm with ASUS

Grin nice, 1080 worth buying for mining in your opinion ?  i find them very expensive and hard to roi, or did you meant 1070 maybe ?  Wink
ioglnx

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 01:23:03 PM

Grin nice, 1080 worth buying for mining in your opinion ?  i find them very expensive and hard to roi, or did you meant 1070 maybe ?  Wink

No I meant GTX1080 i have both GTX1080 and GTX1070 as well as AMD RX480s. Sofar I already ROI two GTX1080 in 2month ..thanks to the ALTs :-D
I plan to invest in more 1080s and also with Asus Cash back its nice ..and also the game bundles that came with them I could sell..I made also some money back.
You just need to find the sweet spot of all ...

m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 01:26:14 PM

No I meant GTX1080 i have both GTX1080 and GTX1070 as well as AMD RX480s. Sofar I already ROI two GTX1080 in 2month ..thanks to the ALTs :-D
I plan to invest in more 1080s and also with Asus Cash back its nice ..and also the game bundles that came with them I could sell..I made also some money back.

Very nice Smiley

Yeah i did a good operation with my FTW 1070, they were @ good price 420€ and i was able to sell the games with them for 50€ per card, 370€ price for each card, that was very good, nearly regret not buying even more of them now that this card is back at 499€ without any game  Shocked, but didn't think that 1080 could also be viable. will look
un4given

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 01:30:06 PM

where do u buy your cards? e-tec, amazon or somewhere else?
ioglnx

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 01:30:36 PM

Very nice Smiley

Yeah i did a good operation with my FTW 1070, they were @ good price 420€ and i was able to sell the games with them for 50€ per card, 370€ price for each card, that was very good, nearly regret not buying even more of them now that this card is back at 499€ without any game  Shocked, but didn't think that 1080 could also be viable. will look

ATM on sale here GTX1080 for 569€.
un4given sort of a mix..Amazon, E-Tec, Cyberport...Mindfactory or Jacob Elektronik.

un4given

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 01:35:42 PM

Very nice Smiley

un4given sort of a mix..Amazon, E-Tec, Cyberport...Mindfactory or Jacob Elektronik.

also this one on sale now @Saturn

https://www.preisjaeger.at/deals/saturnat-msi-gtx-1080-armor-8g-oc-8gb-gddr5x-fur-57870eur-168299

ioglnx

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 01:40:26 PM

The MSIs aren't good for mining as far as you followed some theads.
BTW the deal is not working if you go to the site the card costs 643€ per unit.

m1n1ngP4d4w4n

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 01:42:21 PM

Very nice Smiley

also this one on sale now @Saturn

https://www.preisjaeger.at/deals/saturnat-msi-gtx-1080-armor-8g-oc-8gb-gddr5x-fur-57870eur-168299

Ah yeah at this price it could be good, MSI aren't good, but here the best price i get for an evga SC is 710€ so....  Cry
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: