Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:48:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner  (Read 284846 times)
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:21:33 PM

New batch is up on the Bitmain site.  This is looking really bad.  Unless there is a massive pump on Scrypt coins the diff increase going into the end of year is just going to destroy any kind of mining profitability.  All we can do now is pray for a huge pump.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:22:27 PM

Just got an email, my October 21-31 batch of L3+ just shipped, a week and a half early. Doesn't matter much though if my APW3++ batch doesn't ship early with them, lol.

SWEET!!!!  Was it a shipped with tracking or just the standard letter they are shipping soon?

Bulletdodger

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:32:15 PM

Just got an email, my October 21-31 batch of L3+ just shipped, a week and a half early. Doesn't matter much though if my APW3++ batch doesn't ship early with them, lol.

SWEET!!!!  Was it a shipped with tracking or just the standard letter they are shipping soon?

Sweet, your batch will arrive just in time for $10 daily income. Tongue

Pardon my black humour.
PS, I just cant understand the logic behind ppl online asking for $3000+ for L3+ machines, like on ebay or anywhere...

_
madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:35:27 PM

SWEET!!!!  Was it a shipped with tracking or just the standard letter they are shipping soon?

Pardon my black humour.
PS, I just cant understand the logic behind ppl online asking for $3000+ for L3+ machines, like on ebay or anywhere...

I guess there are people that don't want or don't know how to order direct.  My 1st 4 went for over $4k each and have paid for this batch coming in this month.

GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:40:02 PM

Pardon my black humour.

I guess there are people that don't want or don't know how to order direct.  My 1st 4 went for over $4k each and have paid for this batch coming in this month.

It's not the people asking $3000+ for L3+ machines that you shouldn't understand, it's the people who buy them.

I did get a tracking number in the email, order is currently being processed. I really hope the miners don't get here in one week but the power supplies in three.
madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:41:50 PM

SWEET!!!!  Was it a shipped with tracking or just the standard letter they are shipping soon?

Pardon my black humour.

I guess there are people that don't want or don't know how to order direct.  My 1st 4 went for over $4k each and have paid for this batch coming in this month.

It's not the people asking $3000+ for L3+ machines that you shouldn't understand, it's the people who buy them.

I did get a tracking number in the email, order is currently being processed. I really hope the miners don't get here in one week but the power supplies in three.

I too ordered power supplies for mine, but I have 2 HP server supplies waiting to be hooked up.  Being I snuck my orders in late I'm figuring I'm at the bottom of the list

Bulletdodger

Activity: 337

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:49:36 PM

Pardon my black humour.

I guess there are people that don't want or don't know how to order direct.  My 1st 4 went for over $4k each and have paid for this batch coming in this month.

Yeah, you're correct. I got mine back in April for like $1200. My god, when spring comes and that supposedly new asic architecture, there will be blood on the streets. Cheesy

_
madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:03:09 PM

Pardon my black humour.

Yeah, you're correct. I got mine back in April for like $1200. My god, when spring comes and that supposedly new asic architecture, there will be blood on the streets. Cheesy

Like every miner, newer ones come out, older ones get retired.  I know there are still people using S3's to play the bitcoin lottery.  I can see this happening with L3+'s in a few years.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:00:38 PM

Pardon my black humour.

Ack! I resemble your remark on batches arriving at 10 buck a day...grrrrrrr..... I have 3 coming Oct 25th to 31st I think it said

yeah silly hairless primate humans ....tossing poo...we have not changed much in 50,00 years...still stepping in sh*t (get me off this planet!)

ah well, at the front end of most of my equip purchases and the a*ss end of others ...(the above 3 units of L3+'s and a D3 at 2.6k and a 2nd D3,  in Nov at 1.4k )

so it goes....the fickle finger of fate and bitmain toasters...writ large.....

Winner: Bitmain

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
GMPoison

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:13:30 PM

Pardon my black humour.

I too ordered power supplies for mine, but I have 2 HP server supplies waiting to be hooked up.  Being I snuck my orders in late I'm figuring I'm at the bottom of the list

Well the October 21-31 batch was the surprise batch that they released at 5 AM on the east coast with only a 2 hours notice on Twitter. I can't imagine there is much "first come first shipped" because they sold out within about 45 minutes, lol.
Tssar

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:45:33 PM

HI,

Need help. I would like to purchase 3PSUs for my 3L3+. Do you have an idea where to get them quickly.
I'm in France

Thanks,
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 07:57:05 PM

HI,

Need help. I would like to purchase 3PSUs for my 3L3+. Do you have an idea where to get them quickly.
I'm in France

Thanks,

Here are few choices for you:

-buy three of these HP DPS-1200 FB A power supplies http://www.ebay.de/itm/HP-441830-001-438202-002-DL580-G5-1200w-Power-Supply-PSU-438202-001-HSTNS-PD11-/202055174299
-buy three of these breakout boards http://holybitcoin.com/product/gekkoscience-dual-purpose-dps800-dps1200hp-common-slot-breakout-board/
-buy 28 of these PCI-E 6-pin power cables http://holybitcoin.com/product/pci-e-cables/  (I know, you only need 27x cables).
-buy three power cords (Schuko to C13) at your local market.

Or ask directly from sidehack of Gekkoscience if he can sell you three DPS-1200 kits overseas from the USA to France.
His thread is here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=940317.0
See the DPS-1200 kit.
Throw him a personal message if you like.

Or buy a quality grade ATX psu https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/1200-Watt-be-quiet--Dark-Power-Pro-11-Modular-80--Platinum_1002853.html

Khurram Bin Kamal

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:05:12 PM

Can anyone enlighten me on the network hashrate of bitconnect coin sometime it goes even upto  44 Ths and goes down to 18 ths and the LTC network is standard around 25 to 27 Ths
These are the main two biggest network on scrypt algo
I don't understand why there is so much fluctuation in bcc network and from where this hashrate is  generated if BIG pools are switching networks than when they switch from bcc and the BCC hashrate comes down  where does that hashrate goes bcz I don't see any other major jump on the entire scrypt algo coins
Is there something fishy going on bcc mining network I don't know about mining block chain network is it possible that the developer of a coin can manipulate mining network hashrate.
GMPoison

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:13:16 PM

Dead hashboards..........dead hashboards everywhere

did you OC the miners?  Mine are running smoothly so far except for some broken control boards.

More importantly is it a temporary XXXXX or is it a solid one where you need to send it to repairs.  I would love to know how chip temp is

OC the miners out of warranty. Been running them all at 475mhz for 610-620mh/s

most of the time the xxxx was temporary one batch of 3 that shipped together all had the first card shit the bed. I actually just got one going last night but messing with the firmware. All it needed to do was get a asic temp and it will mine. It says there is only 20 asics on the board but it mines at full speed as long as it has the temp. I think the temperature thing is what goes fast on these boards.

Can't I am waiting to hear if I can get a replacement board for 2 of them and 4 for the other. They are out of warranty at this point. All the others I have have been doing great some I actually got OC to 475mhs doing 620mh/s (warranty is gone so might as well OC them now since the difficulty is going to go up when more l3+'s land. The extra $5 per machine adds up when you have a dozen.

Also for those that want to see this is how I have 9 L3+'s going right now

Stacked once and have them next to eachother with PSU's separating block of 4. Behind the rack there is a window. I have approx 20 more miners coming and I think I need a longer shelf than this current one. Otherwise I will have three shelves loaded with these things. I have d3's and s9's coming. I have 3 fans moving around around in this room sucking in from a window and blowing out. It should work until winter is over then I need to build a shed for these things.
This is a very bad idea. The L3+ is a bit different than the S9 and or D3. It gives off a lot of heat at the top near the Control board. By stacking the units like you've done there you are restricting airflow at a very critical area of those servers. That sir, is a recipe for disaster.

Temps are lower than they are when they sit next to each-other there is a solid amount of airflow. When more s9's and d3's land I will probably change the setup on the L3's if what you are saying true. All the heat should be going through the miners fans not radiate out of the case.
In the case of S9's and D3's you are in fact correct. But, the L3+ emits a considerable amount of heat up through the top of the body near the Control Board. For this reason, "venting them" with airflow tubes and or ducts, attached to the fan shrouds is ineffective. There needs to be air flowing over the tops of the units as well. I only know this from experience. I'm just guessing, but that cluster you have there is going to cook off like a grenade with a faulty detonator.

How much heat is emitted from the top of the control boards compared to the exhaust fan in the back would you say? I was planning on "venting them" by separating the back half of the miners from the front half to contain the hot exhaust air from the fan shrouds by putting something up on the back of the rack where the miners will be placed such as a heavy duty tarp. With the tarp flush against the back of the rack, you could cut holes in it aligned with the miners exhaust fans so all of the exhaust air can't be recirculated into their intakes and could be vented right out of the window and kept separate from the rest of the room using a tarp on each side of the rack and over the top directly venting all of that hot air out the window. I can't imagine that more heat would be coming out of the top from the boards compared to the exhaust fans though.

I'm thinking that venting them how I described to get rid of the hot exhaust air, and then putting an AC in the rooms "cold isle" (the main room where the miners intakes are, not the smaller "hot isle" to contain and vent the hot exhaust air) to help deal with the hot air from the control boards would be sufficient.
Yes I agree. The Heat from the top if I had to guess is probably only 5-15%  0f what blows through the body and out the back. By "venting them, I was refereeing to what I've seen a few folks do. That is...attaching a ducting tube directly to the exhaust fan and routing the heat out through that tubing. I imagine the heat at the control board is not going to immediately damage anything but the cumulative effect over time is probably not optimal. I'm sure that you, like me, want the longest life from these units and from what I've been told, optimal cooling and ventilation is the best way to help that along. I also use the tactic you are describing. I personally find it very effective and adequate. Although I don't use any AC on the cold side. I would if I saw temps getting too high but so far I have not had that. Even at 80 degrees F ambient temp on the intake side of the units. Pretty amazing how robust these units are. Especially the S9's.

Just called a few colocation data centers, apparently it's not as uncommon as I thought for people to use them for mining hosting. They're going to get back to me soon to let me know how much they charge. I have no idea what to expect but so long as it's not some ridiculous price, I'm 100% going that route.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:47:19 PM

did you OC the miners?  Mine are running smoothly so far except for some broken control boards.

More importantly is it a temporary XXXXX or is it a solid one where you need to send it to repairs.  I would love to know how chip temp is

most of the time the xxxx was temporary one batch of 3 that shipped together all had the first card shit the bed. I actually just got one going last night but messing with the firmware. All it needed to do was get a asic temp and it will mine. It says there is only 20 asics on the board but it mines at full speed as long as it has the temp. I think the temperature thing is what goes fast on these boards.

Can't I am waiting to hear if I can get a replacement board for 2 of them and 4 for the other. They are out of warranty at this point. All the others I have have been doing great some I actually got OC to 475mhs doing 620mh/s (warranty is gone so might as well OC them now since the difficulty is going to go up when more l3+'s land. The extra $5 per machine adds up when you have a dozen.

Stacked once and have them next to eachother with PSU's separating block of 4. Behind the rack there is a window. I have approx 20 more miners coming and I think I need a longer shelf than this current one. Otherwise I will have three shelves loaded with these things. I have d3's and s9's coming. I have 3 fans moving around around in this room sucking in from a window and blowing out. It should work until winter is over then I need to build a shed for these things.
This is a very bad idea. The L3+ is a bit different than the S9 and or D3. It gives off a lot of heat at the top near the Control board. By stacking the units like you've done there you are restricting airflow at a very critical area of those servers. That sir, is a recipe for disaster.

Temps are lower than they are when they sit next to each-other there is a solid amount of airflow. When more s9's and d3's land I will probably change the setup on the L3's if what you are saying true. All the heat should be going through the miners fans not radiate out of the case.
In the case of S9's and D3's you are in fact correct. But, the L3+ emits a considerable amount of heat up through the top of the body near the Control Board. For this reason, "venting them" with airflow tubes and or ducts, attached to the fan shrouds is ineffective. There needs to be air flowing over the tops of the units as well. I only know this from experience. I'm just guessing, but that cluster you have there is going to cook off like a grenade with a faulty detonator.

How much heat is emitted from the top of the control boards compared to the exhaust fan in the back would you say? I was planning on "venting them" by separating the back half of the miners from the front half to contain the hot exhaust air from the fan shrouds by putting something up on the back of the rack where the miners will be placed such as a heavy duty tarp. With the tarp flush against the back of the rack, you could cut holes in it aligned with the miners exhaust fans so all of the exhaust air can't be recirculated into their intakes and could be vented right out of the window and kept separate from the rest of the room using a tarp on each side of the rack and over the top directly venting all of that hot air out the window. I can't imagine that more heat would be coming out of the top from the boards compared to the exhaust fans though.

I'm thinking that venting them how I described to get rid of the hot exhaust air, and then putting an AC in the rooms "cold isle" (the main room where the miners intakes are, not the smaller "hot isle" to contain and vent the hot exhaust air) to help deal with the hot air from the control boards would be sufficient.
Yes I agree. The Heat from the top if I had to guess is probably only 5-15%  0f what blows through the body and out the back. By "venting them, I was refereeing to what I've seen a few folks do. That is...attaching a ducting tube directly to the exhaust fan and routing the heat out through that tubing. I imagine the heat at the control board is not going to immediately damage anything but the cumulative effect over time is probably not optimal. I'm sure that you, like me, want the longest life from these units and from what I've been told, optimal cooling and ventilation is the best way to help that along. I also use the tactic you are describing. I personally find it very effective and adequate. Although I don't use any AC on the cold side. I would if I saw temps getting too high but so far I have not had that. Even at 80 degrees F ambient temp on the intake side of the units. Pretty amazing how robust these units are. Especially the S9's.

Just called a few colocation data centers, apparently it's not as uncommon as I thought for people to use them for mining hosting. They're going to get back to me soon to let me know how much they charge. I have no idea what to expect but so long as it's not some ridiculous price, I'm 100% going that route.
Is it like a beautiful resort for your miners? Constant air-conditioning, ventilation, nightly massages, classical music playing for them?Huh LOL!

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
GMPoison

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:52:30 PM

Is it like a beautiful resort for your miners? Constant air-conditioning, ventilation, nightly massages, classical music playing for them?Huh LOL!

That's what it feels like right now. So long as the price is at most $75 per kW which seems to be the going rate for data center hosting, I will be so thankful that I discovered a colocation solution before commiting to hosting them myself. I won't have to purchase the portable AC, the fans, the racks, the networking equipment, renting a warehouse/house, having the electrical system installed, paying a higher residential electric rate, etc. So much money will be saved, and not only that but they will be in the perfect environment for them. Low temps, high security, etc. They'll be in paradise as if it were a beautiful resort, haha. 
Albortz

Activity: 420

Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:04:13 AM

Its just like that. The miners are getting tucked in for bedtime and they sing them a good night song to calm their nerves lol

I would everyone advise using colocations for their hosting. Esp. in the USA where the hosting is even cheaper because of the low rate of electricity

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
taserz

Activity: 801
Merit: 293

Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:05:46 AM

That's what it feels like right now. So long as the price is at most $75 per kW which seems to be the going rate for data center hosting, I will be so thankful that I discovered a colocation solution before commiting to hosting them myself. I won't have to purchase the portable AC, the fans, the racks, the networking equipment, renting a warehouse/house, having the electrical system installed, paying a higher residential electric rate, etc. So much money will be saved, and not only that but they will be in the perfect environment for them. Low temps, high security, etc. They'll be in paradise as if it were a beautiful resort, haha. 

Kind of. You will be paying more than you would hosting them unless your electricity is very high. They will charge you for the space each one occupies. Don't forget these are not rackable. Also you can't go inside and diagnose them per say at most locations since it's a secure area.

Autotune Firmware for S19 and S19j! Overclock, Underclock, AutoTuning. Asic.to The MOON Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency 30w/TH up to 85th/s!!Mining bitcoin since 2011 • Best nerd decision of my life
GMPoison

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:18:44 AM

Kind of. You will be paying more than you would hosting them unless your electricity is very high. They will charge you for the space each one occupies. Don't forget these are not rackable. Also you can't go inside and diagnose them per say at most locations since it's a secure area.

Yeah, but like I said so long as the price they charge per unit is around the same as what it would cost me to host them myself, or even a bit higher, it will still be worth it because of all the bonuses you get for using a professional data center over hosting yourself, and not having to purchase all of the equipment and services that I listed. I haven't talked details with them yet but they understand they're not rackable. I'll update when I speak with them again.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:19:17 AM

new batch of l3 just launced $2000 or so, still way too high needs to be like$1200 or so for 6 month roi
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: