Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:04:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148798 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 05:29:57 PM

IRS Reportedly Bought Software to Uncover Bitcoin User Identities

https://dcebrief.com/irs-reportedly-bought-software-to-uncover-bitcoin-user-identities/

I am amazed that so many addresses have been linked to an identity, though they imply that with 'information'. When a bitcoin wallet makes a transaction, it defaults to emptying the source address and depositing any remainder after transaction and fees into a new address. It might seem reasonable to assume that that new address is held by the original wallet owner, but does that have to be the case?

If I wanted to pay TeeGee 4BTC and he was willing to wear the fees. I could pay myself 6BTC from my address that held 10BTC and make the remainder go to an address held by TeeGee. Couldn't I?

I understand wallets as a folder that these addresses are stored in, and I don't think the wallet leaves any prints on the addresses. So it seems to me that there is no way to know from a transaction, which wallets the addresses involved sit in. Maybe this is technically possible, but done so rarely that it is possible for the IRS to link transactions from the initial identified fiat exchange, right through to a final exit back into fiat currency again. But having information on 25% of all addresses seems rather high.

And then there are all the other currencies. I could convert 10BTC to NOTE, pay the NOTE to TeeGee, and then he could convert that back to BTC. I understand that all blockchains keep a permanent record, and it would be conceivable to run software that interconnects those transactions, but processing all of that information wouldn't be cheap. Good luck to the IRS. Though, I'm sure in the future at some point, my phone will be able to do all that in the background while I play Tetris4D.

Blockchain offers a level of privacy, but not complete anonymity. As far as I understand, they have developed programs to tie addresses together of the same wallet. Each wallet can generate a virtually unlimited amount of addresses, which you can receive cryptocurrency at each address. Those addresses are part of your wallet, and tied to your private key. However, to simplify things, you don't necessarily send transactions from each individual address, you send it from your wallet. The "change" as you mentioned is automatically sent back to your wallet.

All this is fairly private, however when you send to say an exchange, or any third party that has additional information about you, that wallet and all your addresses could be tracked back to you eventually. Providing they have access to the information on the third party.

Then there is the IP issue, if they can track who is updating the wallet, or on the network with that wallet and trace that back to you.

Our focus in relation to privacy is that the user should have privacy. In such a way that a company or individual would be unable to track your information or buying habits without your consent. It is very private today, and transactions and information is as secure as you allow it to be and the third party services or merchants that you utilize. But like I mentioned earlier, it's not necessarily anonymous. You can be more private through how you use the wallets, using multiple receiving addresses, using multiple wallets, etc...

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:43:08 PM

I am happy to share this email from World Funding Summit where I will be speaking in November:

http://worldfundingsummit.com/ 

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

The most forward-looking leaders from the entire financing community are descending on Los Angeles Nov 17 and 18 for the latest and greatest edition of our annual event, the World Funding Summit. We are building a unique knowledge-driven platform that stands at the forefront of financial innovation and our ultimate goal - to eliminate inequality in access to capital.   

Come on board, build your capital network and learn about the future of venture financing from those who are shaping it!

Main tracks to be featured this year:
1)    ICO/Cryptocurrency/ Blockchain
2)    Equity Crowdfunding/Alt Venture Exchanges/Future of VC
3)    Capital for underserved markets and communities

Scheduled speakers include top financiers and some of the most powerful investors:
Mark Suster, Venture Capitalist, Managing Partner at Upfront Ventures
Nisa Amoils, Venture Capitalist at Scout Ventures & Angel Investor
Kirsten Green, Venture Capitalist, Founder & Managing Director at Forerunner Ventures
Arthur Lipper, World renowned financier, author, FinTech inventor, and philanthropist
Rupert Scofield, President and CEO of FINCA International
Howard Marks, Co-founder & CEO at StartEngine Crowdfunding/Capital
Vivian Shimoyama, Regional Director, SoCal, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program 
Alan Yong, Co-Founder of DNotes, a Bitcoin alternative digital currency
Andrew Kyzyk, Vice President & Head of Advisor Relations at OTC Markets Group
Atish Davda, CEO at EquityZen.com
Valentin Preobrazhenskiy, Founder & CEO of LAToken
Eric Bunting, Early-stage investor, Founder & Managing Partner at Overbrook Capital
Mona DeFrawi, Founder of InsideVenture (acquired by SecondMarket)&RADIVATE MEDIA, Inc.
Josh Maher, Angel Investor & Author of “Startup Wealth”
Marc Scott Zicree, Leading producer, writer and director
Kevin Lamb, Entrepreneur and Film Financier, CEO at Advanced Tissue
Matthew Helderman, Founder & CEO at BondIt Media Capital
Manie Eagar, Chairman at Blockchain Association of Canada (BAC)
Jor Law, Co-founder at Homeier Law PC & VerifyInvestor.com
Michael Terpin, CEO & Transform Group, top-30 blockchain influencer, lead 35 ICOs
Richard Kivel, Venture Capitalist and Private Investor, Managing Director of GrayBella Capital
Kim Kaselionis, Managing Partner at Breakaway Funding LLC
Michael G. Homeier, EB-5 & equity crowdfunding attorney, Founder at Homeier & Law, P.C.
Barry E James, Co-founder & CEO of TheCrowdfundingCenter.com and CrowdDataCenter.com
Rick Smith, Venture Capitalist, Co-founder and Managing Director at CrossCut
Enzo Villani, CEO & Board Member at Equities.com
Jouko Ahvenainen, Founder @Grow VC Group, a global fintech holding company
Robert Lewis, Founder & President at Black Cooperative Investment Fund (BCIF)
David Koepsell, PhD, CEO & Founder of Encrypgen: blockchain genomics via the Gene-Chain
Greg Bohlenm, VC, Managing General Partner at Union Grove Venture Partners
Xiaocheh Zhang, President at FinTech4Good
Ekaterina Dorozhkina, Entrepreneur & Financier, Raised $5M via ICO
Celu Ramasamy, Bitcoin Investor, Cryptocurrencies evangelist, Partner at Focus Investments
Laurent Ruben, Founder & General Manager at French Accelerator
 The Master of Ceremonies will be Sandro Monetti, a CNN and BBC contributor and television host.

CAPITAL EXPO “THE FUTURE IS NOW”: we are determined to showcase some of the world's hottest startups and issuers with a global outreach - please  APPLY HERE

INDUSTRIES: blockchain, digital media, tech, fintech, SaaS, e-commerce, education, health, manufacturing, environment, art, films, AI, robotics, and real-estate

HOW TO GET INVOLVED:  we are looking for global leaders who support our mission and would like to get on board as a sponsor or media partner to get our message through– please send your message to our team HERE or contact me directly.

If you would like to become the WFS delegate register HERE

My sincere gratitude to our Sponsors & Partners including: 
10,000 Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program
DNotes
BreakawayFunding
Homeier Law PC     
Verifyinvestor.com
California Lutheran University
The Blaine Group
Rock.com

Stay tuned for exciting updates re our program!

Thanks and all the best,

Victoria Silchenko, Ph.D./vsilchenko@metropolecapital.com/ Ph:+1.310.464.1575
Creator: www.WorldFundingSummit.com Founder: Metropole Capital Group
Contributing Writer: Huffington Post / Guest Writer: CrowdfundInsider
Adjunct Professor, Entrepreneurial Finance, MBA: CALutheran University
Connect: LinkedIn /  Facebook /  Twitter

Wow! That is an impressive list of speakers. I did notice that there is not a lot of speakers representing the cryptocurrency/blockchain industry, and no one from a specific currency besides yourself. What an incredible opportunity for DNotes to shine!  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:02:16 AM

Thank you @JackTatar! I remember certain members of the financial world laughing when Jack use bitcoin and retirement in the same sentence. He may have the last laugh...  Wink

That was an excellent article! Dating all the way back to 2016. We have great content by some amazing people, it surprises me how DCEBrief content continues to circulate well after it was published.

here is a link to the article:
Will Bitcoin Be the Leg That Stabilizes a Failing Retirement System?
https://dcebrief.com/will-bitcoin-be-the-leg-that-stabilizes-a-failing-retirement-system/

Gee.. I've been preaching this since 2013...  Grin  Oh well, back to mining DNotes!

I know you have, RJF. This is a generational opportunity, especially for those who struggle to make ends meet, with little left for savings that could make a difference. It is my personal wish, and I trust that it is also  that of our team members, so even a little savings in DNotes on a regular basis could amount to something of significance over the long-term. 

Ha, Ha! You need to hurry. There aren't that many more days left to mine DNotes. DNotes 2.0 is a switch from POW to POS.

Alan,

Do you have a projected release date?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:14:03 AM

Thank you @JackTatar! I remember certain members of the financial world laughing when Jack use bitcoin and retirement in the same sentence. He may have the last laugh...  Wink

That was an excellent article! Dating all the way back to 2016. We have great content by some amazing people, it surprises me how DCEBrief content continues to circulate well after it was published.

https://dcebrief.com/will-bitcoin-be-the-leg-that-stabilizes-a-failing-retirement-system/

Gee.. I've been preaching this since 2013...  Grin  Oh well, back to mining DNotes!

I know you have, RJF. This is a generational opportunity, especially for those who struggle to make ends meet, with little left for savings that could make a difference. It is my personal wish, and I trust that it is also  that of our team members, so even a little savings in DNotes on a regular basis could amount to something of significance over the long-term. 

Ha, Ha! You need to hurry. There aren't that many more days left to mine DNotes. DNotes 2.0 is a switch from POW to POS.

Alan,

The best guidance I can give at this time is the week of September 25, 2017. Once the date is fixed, we will announce it here. I am very anxious and excited. DNotes 2.0 is truly designed for everyone irrespective of technical knowledge or financial standing. It is for the corporate world and all consumers. That has always been our vision and it will continue to be reflected in everything we do.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:23:52 AM

I am happy to share this email from World Funding Summit where I will be speaking in November:

http://worldfundingsummit.com/ 

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

The most forward-looking leaders from the entire financing community are descending on Los Angeles Nov 17 and 18 for the latest and greatest edition of our annual event, the World Funding Summit. We are building a unique knowledge-driven platform that stands at the forefront of financial innovation and our ultimate goal - to eliminate inequality in access to capital.   

Come on board, build your capital network and learn about the future of venture financing from those who are shaping it!

Main tracks to be featured this year:
1)    ICO/Cryptocurrency/ Blockchain
2)    Equity Crowdfunding/Alt Venture Exchanges/Future of VC
3)    Capital for underserved markets and communities

Scheduled speakers include top financiers and some of the most powerful investors:
Mark Suster, Venture Capitalist, Managing Partner at Upfront Ventures
Nisa Amoils, Venture Capitalist at Scout Ventures & Angel Investor
Kirsten Green, Venture Capitalist, Founder & Managing Director at Forerunner Ventures
Arthur Lipper, World renowned financier, author, FinTech inventor, and philanthropist
Rupert Scofield, President and CEO of FINCA International
Howard Marks, Co-founder & CEO at StartEngine Crowdfunding/Capital
Vivian Shimoyama, Regional Director, SoCal, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program 
Alan Yong, Co-Founder of DNotes, a Bitcoin alternative digital currency
Andrew Kyzyk, Vice President & Head of Advisor Relations at OTC Markets Group
Atish Davda, CEO at EquityZen.com
Valentin Preobrazhenskiy, Founder & CEO of LAToken
Eric Bunting, Early-stage investor, Founder & Managing Partner at Overbrook Capital
Mona DeFrawi, Founder of InsideVenture (acquired by SecondMarket)&RADIVATE MEDIA, Inc.
Josh Maher, Angel Investor & Author of “Startup Wealth”
Marc Scott Zicree, Leading producer, writer and director
Kevin Lamb, Entrepreneur and Film Financier, CEO at Advanced Tissue
Matthew Helderman, Founder & CEO at BondIt Media Capital
Manie Eagar, Chairman at Blockchain Association of Canada (BAC)
Jor Law, Co-founder at Homeier Law PC & VerifyInvestor.com
Michael Terpin, CEO & Transform Group, top-30 blockchain influencer, lead 35 ICOs
Richard Kivel, Venture Capitalist and Private Investor, Managing Director of GrayBella Capital
Kim Kaselionis, Managing Partner at Breakaway Funding LLC
Michael G. Homeier, EB-5 & equity crowdfunding attorney, Founder at Homeier & Law, P.C.
Barry E James, Co-founder & CEO of TheCrowdfundingCenter.com and CrowdDataCenter.com
Rick Smith, Venture Capitalist, Co-founder and Managing Director at CrossCut
Enzo Villani, CEO & Board Member at Equities.com
Jouko Ahvenainen, Founder @Grow VC Group, a global fintech holding company
Robert Lewis, Founder & President at Black Cooperative Investment Fund (BCIF)
David Koepsell, PhD, CEO & Founder of Encrypgen: blockchain genomics via the Gene-Chain
Greg Bohlenm, VC, Managing General Partner at Union Grove Venture Partners
Xiaocheh Zhang, President at FinTech4Good
Ekaterina Dorozhkina, Entrepreneur & Financier, Raised $5M via ICO
Celu Ramasamy, Bitcoin Investor, Cryptocurrencies evangelist, Partner at Focus Investments
Laurent Ruben, Founder & General Manager at French Accelerator
 The Master of Ceremonies will be Sandro Monetti, a CNN and BBC contributor and television host.

CAPITAL EXPO “THE FUTURE IS NOW”: we are determined to showcase some of the world's hottest startups and issuers with a global outreach - please  APPLY HERE

INDUSTRIES: blockchain, digital media, tech, fintech, SaaS, e-commerce, education, health, manufacturing, environment, art, films, AI, robotics, and real-estate

HOW TO GET INVOLVED:  we are looking for global leaders who support our mission and would like to get on board as a sponsor or media partner to get our message through– please send your message to our team HERE or contact me directly.

If you would like to become the WFS delegate register HERE

My sincere gratitude to our Sponsors & Partners including: 
10,000 Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program
DNotes
BreakawayFunding
Homeier Law PC     
Verifyinvestor.com
California Lutheran University
The Blaine Group
Rock.com

Stay tuned for exciting updates re our program!

Thanks and all the best,

Victoria Silchenko, Ph.D./vsilchenko@metropolecapital.com/ Ph:+1.310.464.1575
Creator: www.WorldFundingSummit.com Founder: Metropole Capital Group
Contributing Writer: Huffington Post / Guest Writer: CrowdfundInsider
Adjunct Professor, Entrepreneurial Finance, MBA: CALutheran University
Connect: LinkedIn /  Facebook /  Twitter

Wow! That is an impressive list of speakers. I did notice that there is not a lot of speakers representing the cryptocurrency/blockchain industry, and no one from a specific currency besides yourself. What an incredible opportunity for DNotes to shine!  Smiley

You are correct, Chase. It is an amazing opportunity for DNotes to shine. I will do all that I can to represent our industry well because I truly believe that we are witnessing the greatest technology revolution since the Internet. It's an honor for me to share my vision in the presence of an amazing and accomplished audience. The timing for DNotes is perfect.
R-J-F

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:18:32 AM

Alan,

The best guidance I can give at this time is the week of September 25, 2017. Once the date is fixed, we will announce it here. I am very anxious and excited. DNotes 2.0 is truly designed for everyone irrespective of technical knowledge or financial standing. It is for the corporate world and all consumers. That has always been our vision and it will continue to be reflected in everything we do.

Got it, thank you!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:32:34 AM

What DNotes 2.0 means for present holders?
TimMarsh

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

Professional cryptocurrency writer incl DNotes.

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 05:33:04 AM

Regarding DNotes Vault and the Transition to DNotes2.0

At the moment, DNotes Vault contains 18.34% of the current circulating supply of DNotes, based on figures from CoinMarketCap.com. I'm not certain what is excluded by the term 'circulating'. But I think the matching funds held in cold storage would still be considered 'circulating' for their figures. There is just over 100% being held by DNotes Global Inc as security for our DNotes deposits.

This should mean that 36.68% of DNotes are already in the DNotes Vault system, leaving 63.32% of all DNotes waiting to be moved through DNotes Vault in exchange for DNotes2.0 coins.

Because I believe that each value of DNotes will be matched and replaced by DNotes2.0, I'm assuming that the DNotes in cold storage being used to guarantee funds will have matching DNotes2.0 values guaranteeing the new DNotes2.0 funds when they are converted in DNotes Vault.

What I'm curious about is how DNotes Global Inc intends to manage the large influx from the 63.32% of 'wild' DNotes that will require processing. Will they also be matched with cold stored DNotes2.0 during the upgrade process?

Cryptocurrencies will level the playing field. I'm paid to write, but not paid to promote.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:30:26 PM

What DNotes 2.0 means for present holders?

DNotes 2.0 is a significant Technology upgrade and it is a 1 for one exchange for current DNotes. It is also a switch from current Proof of Work (POW) to Proof of Stake (POS). With POS there will be no more mining reward; likely to cause a drop in the new supply of DNotes available for trading. It is a common practice for miners to cash in their new DNotes to support their mining operations.

What this means, among others, is that DNotes long-term stakeholder will benefit at various levels:

a)   CRISP reward – pay account balance every 30 days at about 2% per annual.
b)   Staking Reward – Staking reward of 2% (annual rate) for participating stakeholders. Almost any stakeholder can participate with ease.
c)   Annual CRISP reward being considered – to be announced later.

We are very passionate about encouraging and promoting long-term savings. Start saving as early as you can and do it on a regular basis.
Digital currency is a new and innovative technology that is still evolving. As much as it has great potential, at this experimental stage, there is also significant risk. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose, in the event of a total loss.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:47:57 PM

At the moment, DNotes Vault contains 18.34% of the current circulating supply of DNotes, based on figures from CoinMarketCap.com. I'm not certain what is excluded by the term 'circulating'. But I think the matching funds held in cold storage would still be considered 'circulating' for their figures. There is just over 100% being held by DNotes Global Inc as security for our DNotes deposits.

This should mean that 36.68% of DNotes are already in the DNotes Vault system, leaving 63.32% of all DNotes waiting to be moved through DNotes Vault in exchange for DNotes2.0 coins.

Because I believe that each value of DNotes will be matched and replaced by DNotes2.0, I'm assuming that the DNotes in cold storage being used to guarantee funds will have matching DNotes2.0 values guaranteeing the new DNotes2.0 funds when they are converted in DNotes Vault.

What I'm curious about is how DNotes Global Inc intends to manage the large influx from the 63.32% of 'wild' DNotes that will require processing. Will they also be matched with cold stored DNotes2.0 during the upgrade process?

Tim, we will comeback with more accurate numbers. Your message is loud and clear. There will come a time when it is not possible to guarantee all deposits at the DNotesVault with one-to-one matching fund. Long-term we plan to have insurance coverage. During the coin swap period we will post the maximum number of DNotes pledged for the guarantee fund.

Another busy day for me. I'll checking back tomorrow.
gavrilo77

Activity: 819
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:18:03 PM

@Dyna

Thank for your answer

Will total coin supply remain the same?
finist4x
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 02:23:33 PM

Friends! Support your NOTE...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1948108.msg21058883#msg21058883

Audit Smart Contract
{
 F    R    E    E

- AI - Audit tools
}
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -
--  -

#  DEVto
#  Tumblr
#  Medium

--
--
--
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
-- 
--

Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:02:37 PM

@Dyna

Thank for your answer

Will total coin supply remain the same?

At the time of the snap shot, it is exactly the same - one for one.
R-J-F

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:27:13 PM

I wanted to say something about success in crypto but, I ran across a recent post by "wiser" in the Devcoin forum that says everything. Devcoin supporters are working on reviving the project and soliciting ideas and advice. One of the most on point and generally well thought out posts is reproduced below. These observations could well be a blueprint to success and match well with the DNotes philosophy:

Posted in Devcoin by "wiser"

"I thought I'd chime in with a few points. Back when I got started writing for the Devtome, Devcoin was one of just a handful of cryptocoins on the scene, meaning it didn't have much competition. Now there are over 500 cryptocoins in existence, some of which are so fundamentally solid and profitable that they are attracting the interest of venture capitalists and hedge fund managers. This means we can learn even more from the successful coins and honestly stack up Devcoin against them to see what would need to be changed in order to be competitive.

The following are a few observations I have about what it takes to make a successful cryptocurrency in today's industry:

1. More and more, it is important for a new coin project to be more than just a coin. It must be a complete ecosystem. This often means multiple tokens and interlocking systems. Some good examples are the emerging VIVA project (vivaco.in), Steemit (with its Steem, Steem Power and Steem Dollars tokens), Ethereum and NEM with their block chains capable of supporting other tokens.

2. There has to be genuine value supporting the coin. This means infrastructure that makes the coin easier to use or adds value to it in some way. Bitcoin has a lot of that (example, various trading platforms, Coinbase, payment processors, websites which sell quality products and accept Bitcoin payments) which has been added on by third parties. However a new altcoin needs to have some of that value added right from the beginning by the development team itself. Some other good examples of coins with value added infrastructure include DNotes and Steemit.

3. There has to be a development team. It can't be a one man show. The bigger and better organized the team, the better chance the coin has. A development team that runs the enterprise like a genuine business is even better. This means it can't all be about coding, though that is important. There have to be others on the team who handle the outreach and marketing and who tell the coders the features needed to make the coin user friendly for non coders (which is most of the people you hope will adopt your coin).

4. A coin needs a built in incentive to tie up the supply and keep it off the market. This means that it is in people's self interest to hold onto the coin for the long haul. Idealism or faith in the coin is not enough. If I am going to hold your coin there has to be something in it for me both now and in the future. The simplest way to do this is to offer some kind of interest equivalent whereby my holding onto the coin earns me a rate of return in the form of new coins or some other token. DNotes has the DNotes vault which pays monthly "interest" to all who hold coins in it for set amounts of time (the penalty for early withdrawal being that you lose the earned interest). Diamond Coin has a cloud mining operation where people earn Diamonds based on how much Bitcoin they have donated to the operation. Any Proof of Stake coin already incentivizes people to hold the coin and run the wallet.

I have always believed that Devcoin's biggest weakness as it works right now is that it incentivizes earning and dumping, not holding. Then to add insult to injury when it became known or suspected that people earning Devcoins were dumping them, they were often harshly repudiated here (not called out by name or anything but it was clear that those who dumped were considered to be bad for the coin,). In order to hold onto Devcoins you had to be altruistic towards it and basically take the hit from others dumping, and that is just not going to be sustainable because most of us plain aren't altruistic like that. This is probably the most important change Devcoin needs to make. The coin needs to be coded in to incentivize holding rather than dumping.

Related to this, it must be assumed that people will game the system if it is beneficial to them to do so. You need to engineer your system in such a way that there is no benefit to attempting to gain the system and that using the system in the way you intend is what gives the greatest benefit to the end user. That can be very challenging to accomplish but I believe it is possible and the successful (and not so successful) coins now out there have a lot to teach us about what kind of things need to be written into the code. The code should also be flexible enough that when you find a loophole you don't want, you can fix it with an update or fork.

5. The development team needs to have a good reason to create buy support for the coin on the open market. Again, altruism is not enough. In the case of Diamond coin, the developers need to buy Diamond in order to pay the weekly payouts from the cloud mining operation. If the developers aren't buying the coin, then others need to do so for reasons of self interest. With the exception of the speculators who are there to profit from trading itself, the reason that anyone else would buy the coin has to be because they need the coin. You need the coin in order to gain the benefit from accumulating and holding it, or you need it to pay someone with it, or you need it to buy something with it. An altruistic desire to prop up the coin's value is not enough and won't be sustainable long term.

6. The coin needs to be attractive to speculators. Speculators are important because they provide liquidity for everyone else, meaning others can easily buy or sell the coin at a consistent value (not too much difference between top buy and sell requests). So whatever it is that makes speculators go "wow, I want to speculate on this coin!" is what your coin needs to have so that everyone else can have the needed liquidity to get into and out of the coin at will.

7. The coin needs to have a solid community of people who are there because being part of this community will better their financial lives in some way. They should believe in the coin but that belief should stem from solid fundamentals and the perception that this coin will do good things for their bottom line. In order to nurture this community it is very important to have basic courtesy and professionalism wherever that community gathers. That community needs to be growing.

There are probably a couple more points that I have missed, but what I have shared is a good starting point. How does Devcoin do on each of these fundamentals? How could it be changed or forked to excel in those fundamentals which are weak now? The honest discussion around these points could become the basis for a solid plan for how to update Devcoin to now be competitive in today's industry."

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 04:02:54 PM

Tim, we will comeback with more accurate numbers. Your message is loud and clear. There will come a time when it is not possible to guarantee all deposits at the DNotesVault with one-to-one matching fund. Long-term we plan to have insurance coverage. During the coin swap period we will post the maximum number of DNotes pledged for the guarantee fund.

Another busy day for me. I'll checking back tomorrow.

Good questions TimMarsh. DNotesVault has been very successful. It is true at some point there won't be enough funds pledged to guarantee everything, though we have many strong supporters who have pledged their DNotes in support of the DNotesVault. There are a couple things of note here.
The DNotesVault balance does not include balances from those who have opted out of the guarantee fund, as to not further burden the system, but do hold coins at the DNotesVault.
Not everyone will deposit on the DNotesVault to participate in the swap, as they prefer full control of their DNotes, and there will be a process for swapping those coins.
We plan to engage the exchanges to determine if they would be willing to participate in the swap process, we can swap their coins and they can update account holders to 2.0. In this scenario the exchange would have to announce the swap process and anyone who did not want to participate would have to remove their coins from the exchange.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 04:03:47 PM

Welcome to the DNotes forum finist4x, and thank you for providing the link.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 04:12:15 PM

I wanted to say something about success in crypto but, I ran across a recent post by "wiser" in the Devcoin forum that says everything. Devcoin supporters are working on reviving the project and soliciting ideas and advice. One of the most on point and generally well thought out posts is reproduced below. These observations could well be a blueprint to success and match well with the DNotes philosophy:

"I thought I'd chime in with a few points. Back when I got started writing for the Devtome, Devcoin was one of just a handful of cryptocoins on the scene, meaning it didn't have much competition. Now there are over 500 cryptocoins in existence, some of which are so fundamentally solid and profitable that they are attracting the interest of venture capitalists and hedge fund managers. This means we can learn even more from the successful coins and honestly stack up Devcoin against them to see what would need to be changed in order to be competitive.

The following are a few observations I have about what it takes to make a successful cryptocurrency in today's industry:

1. More and more, it is important for a new coin project to be more than just a coin. It must be a complete ecosystem. This often means multiple tokens and interlocking systems. Some good examples are the emerging VIVA project (vivaco.in), Steemit (with its Steem, Steem Power and Steem Dollars tokens), Ethereum and NEM with their block chains capable of supporting other tokens.

2. There has to be genuine value supporting the coin. This means infrastructure that makes the coin easier to use or adds value to it in some way. Bitcoin has a lot of that (example, various trading platforms, Coinbase, payment processors, websites which sell quality products and accept Bitcoin payments) which has been added on by third parties. However a new altcoin needs to have some of that value added right from the beginning by the development team itself. Some other good examples of coins with value added infrastructure include DNotes and Steemit.

3. There has to be a development team. It can't be a one man show. The bigger and better organized the team, the better chance the coin has. A development team that runs the enterprise like a genuine business is even better. This means it can't all be about coding, though that is important. There have to be others on the team who handle the outreach and marketing and who tell the coders the features needed to make the coin user friendly for non coders (which is most of the people you hope will adopt your coin).

4. A coin needs a built in incentive to tie up the supply and keep it off the market. This means that it is in people's self interest to hold onto the coin for the long haul. Idealism or faith in the coin is not enough. If I am going to hold your coin there has to be something in it for me both now and in the future. The simplest way to do this is to offer some kind of interest equivalent whereby my holding onto the coin earns me a rate of return in the form of new coins or some other token. DNotes has the DNotes vault which pays monthly "interest" to all who hold coins in it for set amounts of time (the penalty for early withdrawal being that you lose the earned interest). Diamond Coin has a cloud mining operation where people earn Diamonds based on how much Bitcoin they have donated to the operation. Any Proof of Stake coin already incentivizes people to hold the coin and run the wallet.

I have always believed that Devcoin's biggest weakness as it works right now is that it incentivizes earning and dumping, not holding. Then to add insult to injury when it became known or suspected that people earning Devcoins were dumping them, they were often harshly repudiated here (not called out by name or anything but it was clear that those who dumped were considered to be bad for the coin,). In order to hold onto Devcoins you had to be altruistic towards it and basically take the hit from others dumping, and that is just not going to be sustainable because most of us plain aren't altruistic like that. This is probably the most important change Devcoin needs to make. The coin needs to be coded in to incentivize holding rather than dumping.

Related to this, it must be assumed that people will game the system if it is beneficial to them to do so. You need to engineer your system in such a way that there is no benefit to attempting to gain the system and that using the system in the way you intend is what gives the greatest benefit to the end user. That can be very challenging to accomplish but I believe it is possible and the successful (and not so successful) coins now out there have a lot to teach us about what kind of things need to be written into the code. The code should also be flexible enough that when you find a loophole you don't want, you can fix it with an update or fork.

5. The development team needs to have a good reason to create buy support for the coin on the open market. Again, altruism is not enough. In the case of Diamond coin, the developers need to buy Diamond in order to pay the weekly payouts from the cloud mining operation. If the developers aren't buying the coin, then others need to do so for reasons of self interest. With the exception of the speculators who are there to profit from trading itself, the reason that anyone else would buy the coin has to be because they need the coin. You need the coin in order to gain the benefit from accumulating and holding it, or you need it to pay someone with it, or you need it to buy something with it. An altruistic desire to prop up the coin's value is not enough and won't be sustainable long term.

6. The coin needs to be attractive to speculators. Speculators are important because they provide liquidity for everyone else, meaning others can easily buy or sell the coin at a consistent value (not too much difference between top buy and sell requests). So whatever it is that makes speculators go "wow, I want to speculate on this coin!" is what your coin needs to have so that everyone else can have the needed liquidity to get into and out of the coin at will.

7. The coin needs to have a solid community of people who are there because being part of this community will better their financial lives in some way. They should believe in the coin but that belief should stem from solid fundamentals and the perception that this coin will do good things for their bottom line. In order to nurture this community it is very important to have basic courtesy and professionalism wherever that community gathers. That community needs to be growing.

There are probably a couple more points that I have missed, but what I have shared is a good starting point. How does Devcoin do on each of these fundamentals? How could it be changed or forked to excel in those fundamentals which are weak now? The honest discussion around these points could become the basis for a solid plan for how to update Devcoin to now be competitive in today's industry."

Thanks RJF, a great post by wiser, hitting on a lot of important topics for a coin developer / team to consider, much of which is in line with our strategies for DNotes.

R-J-F

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:12:58 PM

"I thought I'd chime in with a few points....

-SNIP-

Thanks RJF, a great post by wiser, hitting on a lot of important topics for a coin developer / team to consider, much of which is in line with our strategies for DNotes.

I think, in the end, it all boils down to a few things like ability, honesty, truthfulness, hard work and an idea that sets the project apart and fills a void that others haven't. With sound business processes and skilled leaders, the project should prosper. DNotes has always had these, ergo, prosperity.

DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:30:11 AM

SEC Suspends Trading of First Bitcoin Capital Shares

https://dcebrief.com/sec-suspends-trading-of-first-bitcoin-capital-shares/
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:38:21 PM

"I thought I'd chime in with a few points....

-SNIP-

I think, in the end, it all boils down to a few things like ability, honesty, truthfulness, hard work and an idea that sets the project apart and fills a void that others haven't. With sound business processes and skilled leaders, the project should prosper. DNotes has always had these, ergo, prosperity.

Thank you RJF for posting “wiser’s” blueprint proposal for Devcoin revival. Wiser is a great writer and I always enjoy her writing. She certainly knows DNotes quite well and I appreciate her kind words for DNotes.  

DNotes is one of the oldest coins in our industry. It was first launched on February 18, 2014 when there were only a few hundred coins. And now there are thousands – tens of thousands if you include assets coins. I am predicting that there will be hundreds of thousands worldwide oneday including “asset coins” Many will just come and go.

As mentioned many times in the past, DNotes is different in many aspects. As more time has gone by its uniqueness will standout more. We are still the undiscovered “rough diamond” but slowly being discovered. To me it is most rewarding to see our industry slowly recognizing some of the key elements to success that DNotes has been preaching from day one. We are a purposeful coin – so we like that. We want the best for our industry. There are massive opportunities for everyone. Therefore, it pays to collaborate and be respectful of others.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: