Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:51:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 [826] 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381856 times)
bspurloc

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:26:32 PM

I have noticed that since around the time the total average hash rate changed to the last 60 minutes, the shares per worker display has become erratic.  It used to show any change at each page refresh, and the number of shares always increased steadily until a round ended; now the number updates only after an interval (I have not yet determined how long) and the number of shares sometimes falls:  for instance, just now when I refreshed the page one of my workers fell from 1933 to 1931 shares.  Some minutes earlier it had dropped from 2053 (and now I see it has fallen again to 1905).  The round and block number (299880) had not changed, the Mhash/s for each worker is within the expected range, and the time since the last share is usually zero.  The estimated reward also fluctuates wildly: while I have been writing this it has varied between .00002876 and .00007421.

Could this be anything to do with the high variance in payments per round that I am experiencing?  Has anyone else seen similar behaviour?  Huh

I dunno something odd always goes on with Slush Pool....
I periodically see my miners showing their hashrate 10% lower than their true hashrate.
My miners do not fluctuate below 200 mh/s so there is absolutely no reason why an hour would show 10% less.
some sit at 210 some sit at 202.  so the average should always be 206ish. not 195 once in awhile.

in all reality it doesnt matter, maybe someone is skimming, maybe there was network issues (which is bs cuz that would clear up after 1 hour), there are much better things to worry about. the block ends and it goes back to normal.

I could complain and whine and maybe it will get tracked down and fixed but most likely not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:56:01 PM

I have noticed that since around the time the total average hash rate changed to the last 60 minutes, the shares per worker display has become erratic.  It used to show any change at each page refresh, and the number of shares always increased steadily until a round ended; now the number updates only after an interval (I have not yet determined how long) and the number of shares sometimes falls:  for instance, just now when I refreshed the page one of my workers fell from 1933 to 1931 shares.  Some minutes earlier it had dropped from 2053 (and now I see it has fallen again to 1905).  The round and block number (299880) had not changed, the Mhash/s for each worker is within the expected range, and the time since the last share is usually zero.  The estimated reward also fluctuates wildly: while I have been writing this it has varied between .00002876 and .00007421.

Could this be anything to do with the high variance in payments per round that I am experiencing?  Has anyone else seen similar behaviour?  Huh

I dunno something odd always goes on with Slush Pool....
I periodically see my miners showing their hashrate 10% lower than their true hashrate.
My miners do not fluctuate below 200 mh/s so there is absolutely no reason why an hour would show 10% less.
some sit at 210 some sit at 202.  so the average should always be 206ish. not 195 once in awhile.

in all reality it doesnt matter, maybe someone is skimming, maybe there was network issues (which is bs cuz that would clear up after 1 hour), there are much better things to worry about. the block ends and it goes back to normal.

I could complain and whine and maybe it will get tracked down and fixed but most likely not.

Guys, your reported hash rate on the pool webpage is just a close estimate. Go by what your mining software reports and not what the pool reports. If you really want to know exactly how much BTC per GH/s you are making, I would suggest breaking out a calculator and comparing your payouts to the blockchain and pool hash rate vs. net hash rate.

The way I look at mining...if my miners are working properly and the pool is up and reporting....so long as my payouts keep coming, I will keep mining. Go mine with another pool for a few days...chances are, you will come back to Slush pool within a week. Other pools offer merged mining and no registration and other gimmicks to entice miners but I feel the Slush pool is straight forward and one of the best share payout systems I have experienced.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
Sir Alan

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:24:12 PM

Guys, your reported hash rate on the pool webpage is just a close estimate. Go by what your mining software reports and not what the pool reports. If you really want to know exactly how much BTC per GH/s you are making, I would suggest breaking out a calculator and comparing your payouts to the blockchain and pool hash rate vs. net hash rate.

The way I look at mining...if my miners are working properly and the pool is up and reporting....so long as my payouts keep coming, I will keep mining. Go mine with another pool for a few days...chances are, you will come back to Slush pool within a week. Other pools offer merged mining and no registration and other gimmicks to entice miners but I feel the Slush pool is straight forward and one of the best share payout systems I have experienced.
I know the reported hash rate is an estimate, but that isn't the issue for me.  The number of shares per worker being shown is an issue, however, and I don't see why the number should go down as well as up.  Unless perhaps it is now showing the number of shares which are still earning and have not yet timed out, rather than the number of shares credited since the round started.  I never mentioned anything about knowing how much BTC per GH/s I am making, and I'm not interested in that.  I am however interested in knowing why my earnings per round are sometimes a quarter or less than in adjacent rounds, even though my shares are a broadly similar percentage of the total (meaning that there was probably no communication breakdown near the end of the round).  This used to occur from time to time and was usually corrected before the round was confirmed, but that doesn't seem to happen now.

I have, by the way, been mining in this pool since early last year.

1Eeyore17YeHrbJW5Q3pSdV8sXujkdrrFc
mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:32:53 PM

I know the reported hash rate is an estimate, but that isn't the issue for me.  The number of shares per worker being shown is an issue, however, and I don't see why the number should go down as well as up.  Unless perhaps it is now showing the number of shares which are still earning and have not yet timed out, rather than the number of shares credited since the round started.  I never mentioned anything about knowing how much BTC per GH/s I am making, and I'm not interested in that.  I am however interested in knowing why my earnings per round are sometimes a quarter or less than in adjacent rounds, even though my shares are a broadly similar percentage of the total (meaning that there was probably no communication breakdown near the end of the round).  This used to occur from time to time and was usually corrected before the round was confirmed, but that doesn't seem to happen now.

I have, by the way, been mining in this pool since early last year.

I am pretty sure the reported number of shares is for the current, working round only, so they are an estimate, not an exact number.

The pool luck has been up and down (as always) but if your payouts are looking okay as far as time between payouts (on average) then I wouldn't stress the shares issue. You could always open a support ticket and I have heard Slush and others are active on the Slush pool IRC channel.
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=mining.bitcoin.cz&prompt=1

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
Moria

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:44:39 AM

Not sure, but over the last couple of days, I have noticed the same...  I only have just under 400G/hash but it varies regularly between 0.0009 to 0.0062 expected block payout and the block payouts do match these figures that exist when the block is found, but the G/Hash rate is staying constant.

I'm wondering if the anti-pool hopping mechanism is being a bit too vicious.   I know that if I turn off one of my antminers..  the expected payout drops in 2 minutes or less as if it had not been running at all even though the desktop is still showing a lot of residual shares.

When it first went to the 60 mins, I wasn't having an issue with the payout, although it dropped fast when turning a machine off, but these last 2 days its been all over the place and I am seeing pretty constant hash rates and the counters are all saying 0 minutes, so it's not stuffing up on network transmission.

Regards

M
retrojka

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:47:15 AM

Not sure, but over the last couple of days, I have noticed the same...  I only have just under 400G/hash but it varies regularly between 0.0009 to 0.0062 expected block payout and the block payouts do match these figures that exist when the block is found, but the G/Hash rate is staying constant.

I'm wondering if the anti-pool hopping mechanism is being a bit too vicious.   I know that if I turn off one of my antminers..  the expected payout drops in 2 minutes or less as if it had not been running at all even though the desktop is still showing a lot of residual shares.

When it first went to the 60 mins, I wasn't having an issue with the payout, although it dropped fast when turning a machine off, but these last 2 days its been all over the place and I am seeing pretty constant hash rates and the counters are all saying 0 minutes, so it's not stuffing up on network transmission.

Regards

M

I just started mining 2 weeks ago and wondered about that aswell. My shares will not go pass a certain number and like you, mine go up and down. I just thought this was the norm. Hope we can get an answer as to why it does that.
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:17:45 AM

I have noticed that since around the time the total average hash rate changed to the last 60 minutes, the shares per worker display has become erratic.  It used to show any change at each page refresh, and the number of shares always increased steadily until a round ended; now the number updates only after an interval (I have not yet determined how long) and the number of shares sometimes falls:  for instance, just now when I refreshed the page one of my workers fell from 1933 to 1931 shares.  Some minutes earlier it had dropped from 2053 (and now I see it has fallen again to 1905).  The round and block number (299880) had not changed, the Mhash/s for each worker is within the expected range, and the time since the last share is usually zero.  The estimated reward also fluctuates wildly: while I have been writing this it has varied between .00002876 and .00007421.

Could this be anything to do with the high variance in payments per round that I am experiencing?  Has anyone else seen similar behaviour?  Huh

Not sure, but over the last couple of days, I have noticed the same...  I only have just under 400G/hash but it varies regularly between 0.0009 to 0.0062 expected block payout and the block payouts do match these figures that exist when the block is found, but the G/Hash rate is staying constant.

I'm wondering if the anti-pool hopping mechanism is being a bit too vicious.   I know that if I turn off one of my antminers..  the expected payout drops in 2 minutes or less as if it had not been running at all even though the desktop is still showing a lot of residual shares.

Regards

M

I just started mining 2 weeks ago and wondered about that aswell. My shares will not go pass a certain number and like you, mine go up and down. I just thought this was the norm. Hope we can get an answer as to why it does that.

The amount of your share is affected by the size of the pool. It goes down when more people join the pool and goes up if some leave.
Moria

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:10:56 AM

I have noticed that since around the time the total average hash rate changed to the last 60 minutes, the shares per worker display has become erratic.  It used to show any change at each page refresh, and the number of shares always increased steadily until a round ended; now the number updates only after an interval (I have not yet determined how long) and the number of shares sometimes falls:  for instance, just now when I refreshed the page one of my workers fell from 1933 to 1931 shares.  Some minutes earlier it had dropped from 2053 (and now I see it has fallen again to 1905).  The round and block number (299880) had not changed, the Mhash/s for each worker is within the expected range, and the time since the last share is usually zero.  The estimated reward also fluctuates wildly: while I have been writing this it has varied between .00002876 and .00007421.

Could this be anything to do with the high variance in payments per round that I am experiencing?  Has anyone else seen similar behaviour?  Huh

Not sure, but over the last couple of days, I have noticed the same...  I only have just under 400G/hash but it varies regularly between 0.0009 to 0.0062 expected block payout and the block payouts do match these figures that exist when the block is found, but the G/Hash rate is staying constant.

I'm wondering if the anti-pool hopping mechanism is being a bit too vicious.   I know that if I turn off one of my antminers..  the expected payout drops in 2 minutes or less as if it had not been running at all even though the desktop is still showing a lot of residual shares.

Regards

M

The amount of your share is affected by the size of the pool. It goes down when more people join the pool and goes up if some leave.

Yes, am fully aware of that and have no issue with that..   its the variance on a fairly consistent hash rate (within 2% )  that changes the expected payout from 0.0009  to 0.006 in less than 3 minutes when the pool size remains the same.   It just seems very twitchy since the last updates.  Prior to the 60 minute updates, it varied, but not by much.   

Having said that, looking back over my previous 20 or so blocks, its kinda evened out, but theres still been some blocks where the reward has been 0.002  and some that have been around 0.005, still seems a little twitchy to me, that's all I am saying.  I am guessing that the more machines you have, the less it will vary, but having just a few bits and pieces, its become very noticable.

Regards

M
markneill

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:34:17 PM

...looking back over my previous 20 or so blocks, its kinda evened out...

And that's your answer.  All of this is statistical variance, you should never be looking at less than a dozen or so blocks mined in the same manner before deciding that there's a "problem" in your rates or contribution levels or payouts.
googlemaster1

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:01:55 PM

I was browsing through, and was curious, is Slush planning on adding Merged mining to any other coin in the future?  Seems like it would be a rather good idea for those of us that mine here!

BTC: 15565dcUp4LEWe6KYT7tawMHFRL4cBbFGN
kkurtmann

Activity: 475

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 11:08:31 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 04:55:02 AM by kkurtmann

I'm pretty sure altcoins are not Slush's bag. we had merged mining for namecoin when it was supported, but has been dropped for almost a year now. (you could have just googled it.) Wink

https://www.buytrezor.com?a=55c37b866c11   well sir, I like it!
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:37:59 AM

ok, everybody stop mining for 1 hour except me Smiley

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
hooliuk

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:06:43 AM

hello quite like us to find this block now please  Roll Eyes
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:16:05 AM

hello quite like us to find this block now please  Roll Eyes

er 1 DAY....I mean really universe....what did you do..tell that block to take the DAY OFF and Stargate Re-runs?

sheesh 24hrs no block......

Karma she be a b*t*h!

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
tommymal83

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:11:14 AM

yes this definitely looks like the longest block ever  Huh Huh Undecided
Benjy_Bronk

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:49:51 PM

I had 2 cubes go offline due to a power failure. They're back up now so we'll get this block resolved in no time! Wink
Benjy_Bronk

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:32:47 PM

See, it worked!!! Cheesy
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:35:40 PM

Unbelievable....1 day 5hrs and 22 min 31 secs... I think it was.

That has to be the longest block ever on Slush right?

heck might be  a good time to upgrade the 1.00 to 1.01 firmware on the Jupiter...and Difficulty goes
up what 11% in an hour or so

heck I'm screwed anyway ....... watch it will go boom too

probably should wait for this block to process first...I mean hunting this 'wild block"
was a frigging Safari in itself...I'll take my reward.....thank you

so what we gonna see on Slush's Graph for yesterday 0.000000000 btc found

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
tommymal83

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:37:42 PM

yeah thats a record  Shocked
hooliuk

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:46:48 PM

I'm sending positive 15 minute block signals out there!!!!.... Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 [826] 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: