Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:59:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 [825] 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 ... 1154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [4+ EH] Slush Pool (slushpool.com); Overt AsicBoost; World First Mining Pool  (Read 4381856 times)
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 09:49:19 PM

Upgrade to the newest cgminer.  It won't allow client.reconnect to send you to a server on a different domain name than the one you're mining against.

Got a link for upgrading S1 to latest cgminer?

Change your s1 password and do not store it in your browser.

Good advice mudb - already do that - was wondering how to install the latest cgminer on an ant s1...

version 3.12.0 is available from BitMain on their support page(7th Feb update) not exactly the latest...................

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gabr1el

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:36:55 AM

[/quote]

Mine was low to. But in my part my miners were redirected again right at the end of the round. So slushes antipool hopping code got me good. Is anyone elses bfgminer being redirected to the russian IP still. I was fine all week and got hit twice this weekend. My equipment is in a remote data room, running all BFL hardware. Good thing for API.
[/quote]

Things I wound helpful was checking that slush is the only pool in the pool list , deleting  bfgminer.conf and starting whole hing from BAT with SLush pool as only pool showing.
Seems to me that then work was done you will get bogus block from slush just to try and stop pool hooping.

What should happen is that once block is solved and no more new block are found all
your miners should start working on bogus block just to make sure you stay on slush
when it's dinner time Wink

There is always Murphy's low , my computer went out yesterday and I only started mining this morning (there was an blackout with all the power in the house) so go
figure Tongue

When you want to use another pool do the same thing , single BAT that will show
your pool of choice as only pool (not active) buy only pool showing , when you want to go back to slush just use different bat and report results.

It's not that well done in BFGMiner I must say and you still have to monitor from time to time that no new pool found it's way in but it can only do that through bfgminer.conf file.My theory is that when your miner sees no more mork on slush it hops to pirate pool.

Anyway best of luck Wink

My BAT EXample :

bfgminer -o http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u Eagle92212.1 -p xxxxxxx -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0981

Worked so far.

However high speed workers are probably better targets.
kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:33:52 AM

Mine was low to. But in my part my miners were redirected again right at the end of the round. So slushes antipool hopping code got me good. Is anyone elses bfgminer being redirected to the russian IP still. I was fine all week and got hit twice this weekend. My equipment is in a remote data room, running all BFL hardware. Good thing for API.

Things I wound helpful was checking that slush is the only pool in the pool list , deleting  bfgminer.conf and starting whole hing from BAT with SLush pool as only pool showing.
Seems to me that then work was done you will get bogus block from slush just to try and stop pool hooping.

What should happen is that once block is solved and no more new block are found all
your miners should start working on bogus block just to make sure you stay on slush

There is always Murphy's low , my computer went out yesterday and I only started mining this morning (there was an blackout with all the power in the house) so go
figure Tongue

your pool of choice as only pool (not active) buy only pool showing , when you want to go back to slush just use different bat and report results.

It's not that well done in BFGMiner I must say and you still have to monitor from time to time that no new pool found it's way in but it can only do that through bfgminer.conf file.My theory is that when your miner sees no more mork on slush it hops to pirate pool.

Anyway best of luck Wink

My BAT EXample :

bfgminer -o http://stratum.bitcoin.cz:3333 -u Eagle92212.1 -p xxxxxxx -S antminer:all --set-device antminer:clock=x0981

Worked so far.

Running it from a BAT file does not offer any special protection.  Using a single pool without fall-over to a back pool (or 2) ignores the sad history of pools having server faults (like the flood in Slush's place in Prague) or being victims of DDnOS attacks.  It is a good idea to setup backup pools for such events, so that your mining resources are not left idle when your primary pool has some hiccup.
You probably need to secure your computing setup at home first (good virus protection, firewalls, UPS, surge protection, password management, updates etc.).
(Somehow I don't think that a few Antminer U1/2's pose an interesting challenge to hackers.... Undecided)

Cheers
Gabr1el

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:24:19 AM

(Somehow I don't think that a few Antminer U1/2's pose an interesting challenge to hackers.... Undecided)

Cheers

Hey I've got 2 more coming :=_)
BTW Here to learn not to make money ( YET }:> ) and that I'm doing Smiley
Thanks for new info and fell free to correct my noob theories when not to lazy Smiley

P.S. I'll try posting a bit less , but unless I don't ask answers are not given so bare with me plz
kabopar

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 01:36:09 PM

Cheers

Hey I've got 2 more coming :=_)
BTW Here to learn not to make money ( YET }:> ) and that I'm doing Smiley
Thanks for new info and fell free to correct my noob theories when not to lazy Smiley

P.S. I'll try posting a bit less , but unless I don't ask answers are not given so bare with me plz
Enjoy the various antminers  (have quite a few U1's and 2's here...).  I did not mean to discourage you from posting, nor to offend you - apologies if you need them.
Had quite a few events here where the backup pool(s) came to be useful.  You can also 'load balance' among a few pools as a way to reduce the variance (you may notice that Slush has some great luck days and some fairly low luck ones, if you spread your mining resources you might fill the 'holes', but at the same time chop down the tall peaks).  Explore the possibilities of your mining software, it's part of the mining fun.

Cheers
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 01:37:32 PM

Upgrade to the newest cgminer.  It won't allow client.reconnect to send you to a server on a different domain name than the one you're mining against.

Did you try the cgminer thread?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg6533537#msg6533537

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Namnuta

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:25:14 PM

Thanks for the reply. I am running my cluster with a single Bat file and its almost identical to yours except no antminer details as i have BFL hardware. And im not a huge miner anymore. Haven't added hardware in months. 400GH is peanuts now. lol . I have not deleted my bfgminer.conf.

Its stange that i had it happen a week ago, then nothing. Then twice again this weekend.

Things I wound helpful was checking that slush is the only pool in the pool list , deleting  bfgminer.conf and starting whole hing from BAT with SLush pool as only pool showing.

figure Tongue

Anyway best of luck Wink

My BAT EXample :

Worked so far.

bigb159

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:38:41 PM

Thanks for the reply. I am running my cluster with a single Bat file and its almost identical to yours except no antminer details as i have BFL hardware. And im not a huge miner anymore. Haven't added hardware in months. 400GH is peanuts now. lol . I have not deleted my bfgminer.conf.

Its stange that i had it happen a week ago, then nothing. Then twice again this weekend.

YES! I have a jalapeno and it's happened to me twice this week. I find my miner heads off to IP 46.28.205.80 .

RoninMD

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:16:34 AM

YES! I have a jalapeno and it's happened to me twice this week. I find my miner heads off to IP 46.28.205.80 .

I wonder if this is some kind of DNS propagation attack.
bigb159

Activity: 163

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:21:30 AM

I wouldn't know much about how to fight that, but an alert from my account on Slush when my miner's hashing hits 0 would work for me.
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:56:43 PM

I wouldn't know much about how to fight that, but an alert from my account on Slush when my miner's hashing hits 0 would work for me.

I use MultiMiner (mining software) and MobileMiner (matching app) for monitoring my small but growing farm.
The developer is constantly upgrading and improving the software and is currently adding X11 and other algo. support.

MultiMiner/MobileMiner has an alert option as well Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248173.new;topicseen#new

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
bitcoin4eva

Activity: 328

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:58:30 PM

Going to add two more Antminers to this pool this week! I really love the automatic payout system!
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:02:17 PM

Going to add two more Antminers to this pool this week! I really love the automatic payout system!

Yeah Slush pool rocks! I have been sending all my hashing power to the pool!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
bitcoin4eva

Activity: 328

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:59:15 AM

Same here. I used Ghash.io pool for some time but moved to slush's pool.
mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:31:37 AM

Same here. I used Ghash.io pool for some time but moved to slush's pool.

I started with Slush and have checked out a few other pools, even bigger ones but now I have ALL my Gh/s mining on the Slush pool

*Got LootCrate?*
bspurloc

Activity: 569

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:08:48 PM

Why is this showing up on the My Account page? and no I didnt change my address and yes my payouts are working fine.

"This is not a valid Bitcoin address. Please install Bitcoin client or register some web wallet to get one."
nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:57:34 PM

Did you try the cgminer thread?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg6533537#msg6533537

Thanks,

But added a router rule to drop outbound traffic to that ip address - I have had it running for a week or so like this and see nothing in the router logs to suggest it was happening anyway - I'm going to leave it for a while.

donations not accepted
Sir Alan

Activity: 221

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:08:17 PM

"This is not a valid Bitcoin address. Please install Bitcoin client or register some web wallet to get one."
I had this once and it cleared after I forced a page update (F5).  I hope that works for you.  No idea what caused it in the first place.

[Edit] There was a flurry of these last September.  It seems to have been fixed promptly, although I could not see an explanation.  Maybe my page refresh was just a coincidence.

1Eeyore17YeHrbJW5Q3pSdV8sXujkdrrFc
Sir Alan

Activity: 221

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:07:09 PM

I have noticed that since around the time the total average hash rate changed to the last 60 minutes, the shares per worker display has become erratic.  It used to show any change at each page refresh, and the number of shares always increased steadily until a round ended; now the number updates only after an interval (I have not yet determined how long) and the number of shares sometimes falls:  for instance, just now when I refreshed the page one of my workers fell from 1933 to 1931 shares.  Some minutes earlier it had dropped from 2053 (and now I see it has fallen again to 1905).  The round and block number (299880) had not changed, the Mhash/s for each worker is within the expected range, and the time since the last share is usually zero.  The estimated reward also fluctuates wildly: while I have been writing this it has varied between .00002876 and .00007421.

Could this be anything to do with the high variance in payments per round that I am experiencing?  Has anyone else seen similar behaviour?  Huh

1Eeyore17YeHrbJW5Q3pSdV8sXujkdrrFc
bspurloc

Activity: 569

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:16:03 PM

I had this once and it cleared after I forced a page update (F5).  I hope that works for you.  No idea what caused it in the first place.

[Edit] There was a flurry of these last September.  It seems to have been fixed promptly, although I could not see an explanation.  Maybe my page refresh was just a coincidence.

Yeah it isnt doing it anymore. just odd.
Pages: « 1 ... 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 [825] 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 ... 1154 »
  Print  

Jump to: