Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:43:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:28:56 PM

It still wont offer anonymity comparable to Zerocash or Cryptonote...That's why the original Zerocoin devs abandoned it.

If it offers complete anonymity then what is the difference with that offered by cryptonote?

What concerns me about cryptonote is the developers. They have already engaged in one very elaborate hoax. Is it possible they have embedded something in that technology that will bite people?

Anoncoin developers are more trustworthy at least, even if they do not rush. When they started anoncoin they knew that they would be scrutinized and targeted by the people who threw Aaron Swartz over a cliff and used Sabu or whatever his name was to try to discredit a basic human value. There is no doubt whatsoever that the usg has people tasked with only trying to discredit the anonymous image or meme, and no doubt that they see anoncoin as a potential cutting edge. Still anoncoin developers do their work. I have bought small amounts of anoncoin at prices ranging I think from about 50 cents to around 8 dollars, if I,m not mistaken. If it were to drop to a penny I would continue buying and of course if it rises to $300 I will sell some as I am tired of sleeping in my car.

If you have information that there is a flaw in zero whatever that anoncoin is developing then please be specific. Otherwise it does just sound like you are marketing for another coin.

I'm a fan of both Anoncoin and *CN coins. As for the *CN devs "embedding something," the source code is publicly available at github for each coin, so as long as you're building from source (and examining the code, as I'm sure some of the users of the coin do), then no worries.

Anoncoin seems to be doing fine. People on here get frustrated because of the relative lack of involvement from the devs, but that doesn't mean the devs are careless or not working on this, since we know they are as evidenced by activity on github. If anything, it means the devs are doing what devs do best: developing. We just need to give them time to do what they do.
will others really make all source public?
I know that FCN, QCN, and XMR  have their source code published, as does Anoncoin (and, of course, BTC). I wouldn't use any coin if it was closed-source. How would one know what you were running?

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:41:06 AM

I know that FCN, QCN, and XMR  have their source code published, as does Anoncoin (and, of course, BTC). I wouldn't use any coin if it was closed-source. How would one know what you were running?

Here is my thinking regarding cn, especially bcn.

1) We know that bcn has been presented and marketed in a dishonest way. The premine or stealth mine was huge and there are lots of shills that are posting trying to pull people into buying bcn. It is a very elaborate hoax that took a considerable amount of time and ingenuity to develop.

2) Nevertheless, the crypto involved seems to be accepted as very sophisticated.

The people who developed cryptonote seem very obviously connected to bytecoin bcn. So they are some extremely bright people who have no hesitation to scam. The question then is where does the scam end?

Is cn good solid crypto invented to develop the bcn scam? In other words does the scam involving the cn people not involve cn itself, but only bcn?

Or did they manage to embed some weakness in cn that could later be exploited?

We already know that they will scam when they can, so the question really is "Were they able to create a cryptographic system that would withstand basic scrutiny, but in fact be dirty"? Is it possible to do that?

You're very weird. I've read your posts and it's either

1) You're foreign and can't speak English well...as I can't understand what you type most of the time
2) You're weird

Anyway, the cryptonote coins are open sourced, and full of cryptographers who check the source whenever a update is made. That can't be said for coins like Darkcoin, where darksend/masternodes are closed source so anything could be happening behind the scenes.
Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:01:36 AM

Here is my thinking regarding cn, especially bcn.

1) We know that bcn has been presented and marketed in a dishonest way. The premine or stealth mine was huge and there are lots of shills that are posting trying to pull people into buying bcn. It is a very elaborate hoax that took a considerable amount of time and ingenuity to develop.

2) Nevertheless, the crypto involved seems to be accepted as very sophisticated.

The people who developed cryptonote seem very obviously connected to bytecoin bcn. So they are some extremely bright people who have no hesitation to scam. The question then is where does the scam end?

Is cn good solid crypto invented to develop the bcn scam? In other words does the scam involving the cn people not involve cn itself, but only bcn?

Or did they manage to embed some weakness in cn that could later be exploited?

We already know that they will scam when they can, so the question really is "Were they able to create a cryptographic system that would withstand basic scrutiny, but in fact be dirty"? Is it possible to do that?

You're very weird. I've read your posts and it's either

1) You're foreign and can't speak English well...as I can't understand what you type most of the time
2) You're weird

Anyway, the cryptonote coins are open sourced, and full of cryptographers who check the source whenever a update is made. That can't be said for coins like Darkcoin, where darksend/masternodes are closed source so anything could be happening behind the scenes.

Ignore DARKOTA he is a troll who PUMPS and DUMPS - Look at his original thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658541.100

Then look here:

https://bitcointa.lk/threads/litecoin-is-officially-dead.331214/page-5

Troll on indeed:

http://coinmap.org/
www.uselitecoin.com

This thread is starting to show the true TROLL: I have been PM'ing everyone in this thread, some have even joined the Litecoin Talk forum because of this troll so i actually think its ok his lies - everyone is being PM'd this:

'Litecoin is dead'

Look at the original thread - he has deleted more than 40 posts from people supporting Litecoin, he is a troll who pumps and dumps
geekz

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

जगत् िमत

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:38:39 AM

Dear friends total 10 pages have been created on wiki page for Anoncoin. You can view them here : http://anoncoin.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Anoncoin
None of the articles can be taken as complete. So, please share your views & suggestions , and also i request to contribute there.
You can also suggest a few page or article ideas to be added there.
geekz

Activity: 189

जगत् िमत

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 10:50:50 AM

Update on Anoncoin Blockchain Explorer : http://ancblockchain.com/chain/Anoncoin
The block explorer is still unstable. I did not block googlebot completely, and the site goes down when googlebot hammers the site with multiple requests. New update in Abe Explorer code has not been added to get the scrypt policy working correct. These tasks will be completed within next one week.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.
*NOTE : I accept donations from community to create better services for Anoncoin, so its my duty to report progress details to the community .
Gnosis-

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:05:18 PM

Dear friends total 10 pages have been created on wiki page for Anoncoin. You can view them here : http://anoncoin.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Anoncoin
None of the articles can be taken as complete. So, please share your views & suggestions , and also i request to contribute there.
You can also suggest a few page or article ideas to be added there.

Hey, this helps a lot. Thanks! We might be able to find better hosting than wikia.com, though Smiley

ANC:AU4hFCFZLhB2gTyG4VbaEurXGrTMNW2nu6 | BTC: 14QnfqVG3CqLGBYHgD8tPYJVLxQ2AfvPEx | GPG: E6D0 96DE 5B3E 16C7 C57F  DC3B 654D BB7A D847 993A
Gnosis-

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:20:38 PM

It's true that we are a bit short-staffed (I and most of the other devs have full-time jobs). If anybody knows a developer who is interested in Zerocoin, forward him/her my way.

It would be useful for the dev to know at least one of these (but the more the better):

• C++ (especially bitcoin/litecoin/*coin clients)
  • cryptography (especially public key)
  • distributed computing

Just a status update: I am putting the finishing touches on the UFO server, which will talk to the UFO clients (source and instructions at https://github.com/Anoncoin/ufo_client ). I expect it to be ready by tomorrow at the latest.  Once again, if you want to participate and have CPU cores to spare, message me with your nick and pubkey, as described in the above instructions.  When this is up and running, I will return to working on libzerocoin improvements and integration with the Anoncoin wallet.

As for those concerned about price drops when deadlines are missed: I for one am thinking about the long haul, and I do not care at all about short-term speculators. When a working Zerocoin is released, the price will increase dramatically, and stay consistently high. If I try to rush this to meet a deadline, the quality will be sub-optimal. That's just how it is.

And pay no attention to those who say development has stopped on this. I have invested hundreds of hours of my time on this, and I am going to finish it even if it kills me.  Grin

ANC:AU4hFCFZLhB2gTyG4VbaEurXGrTMNW2nu6 | BTC: 14QnfqVG3CqLGBYHgD8tPYJVLxQ2AfvPEx | GPG: E6D0 96DE 5B3E 16C7 C57F  DC3B 654D BB7A D847 993A
lunokhod2

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:46:11 PM

It's true that we are a bit short-staffed (I and most of the other devs have full-time jobs). If anybody knows a developer who is interested in Zerocoin, forward him/her my way.

It would be useful for the dev to know at least one of these (but the more the better):

• distributed computing

Just a status update: I am putting the finishing touches on the UFO server, which will talk to the UFO clients (source and instructions at https://github.com/Anoncoin/ufo_client ). I expect it to be ready by tomorrow at the latest.  Once again, if you want to participate and have CPU cores to spare, message me with your nick and pubkey, as described in the above instructions.  When this is up and running, I will return to working on libzerocoin improvements and integration with the Anoncoin wallet.

As for those concerned about price drops when deadlines are missed: I for one am thinking about the long haul, and I do not care at all about short-term speculators. When a working Zerocoin is released, the price will increase dramatically, and stay consistently high. If I try to rush this to meet a deadline, the quality will be sub-optimal. That's just how it is.

And pay no attention to those who say development has stopped on this. I have invested hundreds of hours of my time on this, and I am going to finish it even if it kills me.  Grin
Gnosis, that's great to hear that the UFO client will be up and running tomorrow.

Would it be possible to give a conservative, realistic estimate for when the Zerocoin testnet will be up an running? I think that most of us realize that software projects take longer than anticipated, and some of the discontent in this thread is based on the fact that previous estimates were, in retrospect, overly optimistic. If you could make a conservative estimate, and then multiply the time by two, that will shut many people up for awhile...

And thanks for devoting your time to this. If there is anyway we can help out, just let us know. I know that money is not always the solution, but if it is a limiting factor, I am sure that many people would be willing to donate.
IloveAnonCoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:59:53 PM

• distributed computing

I'm interesting in it.
How can I participate ?
Gnosis-

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:20:06 PM

[...]
Would it be possible to give a conservative, realistic estimate for when the Zerocoin testnet will be up an running? I think that most of us realize that software projects take longer than anticipated, and some of the discontent in this thread is based on the fact that previous estimates were, in retrospect, overly optimistic. If you could make a conservative estimate, and then multiply the time by two, that will shut many people up for awhile...
[...]

September 20th.

Gnosis-

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:43:52 PM

• distributed computing

I'm interesting in it.
How can I participate ?

Well, that depends. What are your skills?

IloveAnonCoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:54:52 PM

• distributed computing

I'm interesting in it.
How can I participate ?

I can fulfill all your requirement, and 1 month available.
Gnosis-

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:18:10 AM

[...]

I'm interesting in it.
How can I participate ?

You can start by checking out the "zerocoin" branch of https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin and looking in src/libzerocoin . Try reading Tutorial.cpp to get an overall feel for how zerocoin works, then move on to understanding the rest of it. Most of that code was not written by me, by the way.

We will need to integrate libzerocoin with Anoncoin:

• loading and saving zerocoins
  • pushing zerocoins into another wallet file (creating a new one if doesn't exist), and pulling them from another wallet file
  • updating the protocol
  • updating the blockchain format (both network and on disk)
  • the Qt GUI

Also join #anoncoin on either Freenode or Irc2P (preferred). I'm there more frequently than here.

Arbitrageur

Activity: 556

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:32:21 AM

tried to withdraw some anc from cryptsy 24 hrs ago, still pending. they are aware of the issue and trying to fix it. anyone else in the same situation?
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:46:35 AM

tried to withdraw some anc from cryptsy 24 hrs ago, still pending. they are aware of the issue and trying to fix it. anyone else in the same situation?

Been like that for a few days now, many who's had the same experience. I got my ANC after 4 days.
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:47:36 PM

everyone has this problem with craptsy. pls use other exchanges.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
JamesDukes

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:56:37 PM

Been like that for a few days now, many who's had the same experience. I got my ANC after 4 days.

It's been four days after being processed for me....and the last two emails I sent to support I haven't had any response at all.
WDL

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:31:41 PM

everyone has this problem with craptsy. pls use other exchanges.

I withdrew some anc ,processed  immediately.
CycleSurfer360

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:04:35 AM

[...]

I'm interesting in it.
How can I participate ?

You can start by checking out the "zerocoin" branch of https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin and looking in src/libzerocoin . Try reading Tutorial.cpp to get an overall feel for how zerocoin works, then move on to understanding the rest of it. Most of that code was not written by me, by the way.

• pushing zerocoins into another wallet file (creating a new one if doesn't exist), and pulling them from another wallet file
  • updating the protocol
  • the Qt GUI

Also join #anoncoin on either Freenode or Irc2P (preferred). I'm there more frequently than here.

When zerocoin is successfully implemented on Anoncoin, all the developers will be immortalized forever in bitcoin history -- the first to implement a truly anonymous coin.
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:16:24 AM

[...]

I'm interesting in it.
How can I participate ?

• updating the protocol
  • the Qt GUI

When zerocoin is successfully implemented on Anoncoin, all the developers will be immortalized forever in bitcoin history -- the first to implement a truly anonymous coin.

Lol, too bad it's never gonna happen. There hasn't even been 1 commit on Github. The "devs" arent going to implement zerocoin, it was all talk.

Not to mention, Cryptonote is more anonymous than zerocoin "would" be. Im 100% sure that zerocoin will never be made, why you may ask? Because it was abandoned by it's own devs.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: