Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:03:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
drAGon925

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:07:31 PM

After a successful withdraw from Cryptsy, I try to deposit small amount of ANC for test to cryptsy and my wallet,
from Bluetrade

ANC shown in few minutes at my wallet,

and you know the rest of the story!!!

respond from cryptsy was fast:

I have escalated this ticket to our tech support team.
Kindly give them time to respond as they reply to tickets in the order that they are received.
Please let me know when your deposit has gone thru.
Thank you kindly for your patience and understanding

Sincerely,
Michelle
Cryptsy.com  

Edit: Obviously every transaction = withdraw / deposit must be done manually

That sucks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
geekz

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

जगत् िमत

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:01:29 PM

Hii. Check out wallet generator at temporary url : http://ancblockchain.com/static/walletgen.html
I will update http://jsaddr.anoncoin.net with the new code after receiving your feedback. I have also added it to git at https://github.com/geekz/bitaddress.org , SO, you can download the walletgen.anoncoin.net.html file and run in your browser and safely generate wallet addresses.

Do check the new paperwallet design that I made there Tongue Does it look ok? Anyone interested to help improve , if didn't like.. ? Please leave your comments and suggestions..  Smiley
geekz

जगत् िमत

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:32:25 PM

Update for the withdrawal issue: Got 30% of my coins yesterday (as posted above), and later got an email last night from support apologizing for the long wait and letting me know that all my coins had been withdrawn. I responded, letting them know that that was not true, and only 30% had, and she replied back with this:

"I am able to locate the transaction IDs
I will forward this to our 2nd tier of technical support
we will resend this. Thank you for your patience."

Yay, there's a second tier technical support. I'm going to love waiting the next two weeks for their response. Maybe if support actually read my tickets, they would have seen the one where I included ALL the transaction ID's for all my missing withdrawals. And then maybe I'd actually have all my coins now.
Rspigler , If you dont mind, can  you please send me the transaction ID? or your address where you received the coins ? You can PM me , if you dont want to make it public.
I want to analyze , what might be the issue.. I totally understand, if you don't want to reveal the transaction ID or address..  Its okay.
geekz

जगत् िमत

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:30:37 PM

What i did this week...
1. Read a bunch of stuff about crypto , zerocoin and all..  So, that i can write some articles in wiki.
currently, wiki is still at its infancy with funny writings. I will continue to  update it.
Target is to have at least 50 complete articles by end of this month.

2. Got the paper wallet working , with new design. http://ancblockchain.com/static/walletgen.html (awaiting community feedback)

3. Made improvements to http://ancblockchain.com. Now , Its much more stable and can handle much more traffic, even google's unexpected crawling of 1000s of pages.  Also , trying to discuss with Abe Developers to improve the Abe software( the block explorer software) to be able to handle even higher traffic and reduce the waiting time.  
(*Note : Many Altcoin block explorers are using the design that i had released for open source at https://github.com/bitcoin-abe/bitcoin-abe/tree/geekz-patch-1 , So this is Anoncoin community's gift to everyone. Smiley )

To Do :
1. API for getting basic data from block explorer , also a WebSocket API like blockchain.info
2. Start working on a better and simple design for anoncoin.net and ask for developers and community feedback
3. Achieve wiki target of 50 articles by end of the month
4. Create a news or blog site for Anoncoin and Privacy Online

I am a web developer and not a c++ or java coder, So currently i am going to do whatever i can with my current knowledge. The Java wallet project is difficult for me to approach now. Will update on that , if any progress made..

I2P and Meeh
A lot of new and interesting things are happening in I2P community, development of c++ implementation of I2P is being moved to fast track. We may see a new software bundles with i2p , browser , anoncoin etc integrated, which will allow more users to try I2P like tor is used.  

Anoncoin Dev TEAM and Gnosis
Anoncoin Dev team also working on for zerocoin, while UFOs are being generated. Everyone in the dev team is getting busy on updates for Anoncoin client. I see very bright future for Anoncoin. Lets do our part and spread the message about anoncoin. Do not worry about the current price or new Altcoins being priced very high within a few weeks of launch compared to Anoncoin. Try to ask yourself, why you chose Anoncoin. Keep calm and Support Anoncoin. Only with i2p , we already have very high grade of anonymity, While others only have promises.   Within a year , we may also see distributed exchanges and market places using Anoncoins...
Rspigler

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:36:06 PM

After a successful withdraw from Cryptsy, I try to deposit small amount of ANC for test to cryptsy and my wallet,
from Bluetrade

Kindly give them time to respond as they reply to tickets in the order that they are received.

Sincerely,
Michelle
Cryptsy.com  

That sucks

Interesting test. Thanks for the report. You must be right, everything's manual.
drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:40:10 PM

from Bluetrade

Sincerely,
Michelle
Cryptsy.com  

That sucks

Interesting test. Thanks for the report. You must be right, everything's manual.

There is more, after 1.5h I get this

We deeply apologize on the delay and for any issues that may have arisen due to this.
ANCcoin wallet is still under maintenance and will try our best to have it back soon.
Our technical support team is currently working on this to upgrade and do whatever is necessary to keep these issues from happening again.
Please be patient as we repair the issue and get ANCcoin running again. All transactions will be posted in order once wallet is up.
Thank you kindly.
Rspigler

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:43:49 PM

Update for the withdrawal issue: Got 30% of my coins yesterday (as posted above), and later got an email last night from support apologizing for the long wait and letting me know that all my coins had been withdrawn. I responded, letting them know that that was not true, and only 30% had, and she replied back with this:

"I am able to locate the transaction IDs
I will forward this to our 2nd tier of technical support
we will resend this. Thank you for your patience."

Yay, there's a second tier technical support. I'm going to love waiting the next two weeks for their response. Maybe if support actually read my tickets, they would have seen the one where I included ALL the transaction ID's for all my missing withdrawals. And then maybe I'd actually have all my coins now.
Rspigler , If you dont mind, can  you please send me the transaction ID? or your address where you received the coins ? You can PM me , if you dont want to make it public.
I want to analyze , what might be the issue.. I totally understand, if you don't want to reveal the transaction ID or address..  Its okay.

Hey geekz, sorry I've thought about this and I'd rather not. Especially because this username is linked to my AFK ID. But I will definitely continue to give updates on my progress with Cryptsy. Sorry I can't help out more.

I'm on my mobile now but when I get the opportunity I'll check out the wallet generator and the paper wallet design when I get a chance and let you know what I think. Thanks for all the work!
geekz

जगत् िमत

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:59:59 PM

2) Open ad accounts at the offerers, e.g. google
I would suggest not to advertise Anoncoin now. But go to other crypto communities , crypto news sites etc and write or ask about Anoncoin.
  • If you are not running the ufo client , Please do. The more cpu power we get, the quicker UFO generation can be completed.  (Remember , these UFOs will have to have higher size than current world record using the elliptic curve menthod that we are using. So, more cpus are needed.)
  • Everyday, do at least one tweet with hashtag #Anoncoin .
  • Everyday , do at least one comment on this thread and at least 5 comments related to anoncoin in other crypto news threads. Or you can also comment on other threads or create new threads discussing about Anoncon.
    BUT  Do not spam. Give your legit opinion or input
  • If you have any doubt on zerocoin implementation, or anything technical related to Anoncoin, Do ask. If you dont have any questions, do write a few words of hope or ideas , which can more or less change the world.
  • C++ and JAVA coders in the community can directly help with the development. Designers can help with the coin design, as the new LOGO was designed by a community member.
  • Spread the word about the awesomeness of i2p, which is distributed and peer to peer network, compared to US funded , centralized Tor network.Also tweet about i2p..
  • Can you spend about $20/month ? If yes, You can help create a node in Anoncon.
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:00:16 PM

Anoncoin has no premine, probably no one has 50,000 anc so no one is going to get super rich when it grows. No one really has any motive to promote it dishonestly, unlike many other coins.

But a lot of people do want to see it succeed.

problem is, if no one holds a very large stake there's no incentive to pump it, also there can be no artificial pump, which managed to get some coins (as dorkcoin for example) lots of attentions. the coin has to grow spontaneously and it's the hardest thing to achieve with so many coins around now.
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:09:07 PM

Anoncoin has no premine, probably no one has 50,000 anc so no one is going to get super rich when it grows. No one really has any motive to promote it dishonestly, unlike many other coins.

problem is, if no one holds a very large stake there's no incentive to pump it, also there can be no artificial pump, which managed to get some coins (as dorkcoin for example) lots of attentions. the coin has to grow spontaneously and it's the hardest thing to achieve with so many coins around now.

It should not be so hard if the coin in question has actual qualities setting it appart of the rest, in opposition to the ridiculous amount of worthless shitcoins.

If ANC manages to be the first coin to implement zerocoin it will become the first truly anonymous coin. That will make for growth.
lunokhod2

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:53:09 PM

Anoncoin is now accepting donations:

Acoin7tkEib9d8BfomQYUK66z5fhwN3DgV

Most of your donations will be used for the setting up of bounties for public relations work, but some may also be used for specific code development tasks as well. Specific bounties that we envision for the immediate future include

• Creation of press releases
  • Writing of Blog entries
  • Writing of popular articles about Anoncoin
  • Writing of in-depth articles on the wiki and
  • Web design and support.

As soon as enough ANC has been donated, we will set up a dedicated page describing the conditions attached to these bounties.

For your info, the above public address is owned by the lead developer, Meeh.
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:58:57 PM

Most of your donations will be used for the setting up of bounties for public relations work, but some may also be used for specific code development tasks as well. Specific bounties that we envision for the immediate future include

As soon as enough ANC has been donated, we will set up a dedicated page describing the conditions attached to these bounties.

I would not send anything before it is confirmed that Meeh control that adress.

I will donate when is is confirmed.  Smiley
lunokhod2

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:10:24 PM

I would not send anything before it is confirmed that Meeh control that adress.

I will donate when is is confirmed.  Smiley
Right, you should be skeptical. It is posted here

https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Anoncoin_Wiki

(but I made the edit) and it was discussed in the #anoncoin IRC channel about an hour ago. I'll make sure to get him, or one of the other developers to confirm this here.
meeh (OP)

Activity: 490

:)

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 06:16:06 PM

Hi,

Sorry for not updating more lately. Finally vecation from dayjob so time for actions. I still got a _lot_ to read up on in this thread (20+ pages). I will soon release new builds on ANC, but also a "i2p bundle" ish. I will get back to you real soon with at least a win32 prerelease. Also gonna update on what's happened in the last in the dark closet(I2P irc channels) lol.

I was asked to verify a address, here is it:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

mikalv@home ~ $ anoncoind getaddressesbyaccount Anoncoin_Signing_Key
[
    "Acoin7tkEib9d8BfomQYUK66z5fhwN3DgV"
]
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1

iF4EAREKAAYFAlPBes4ACgkQ4ZvcdFRooGVf/gD+PfduSNy+CUrSBZJ36wPYqs0r
/EybtL2sLu1LInPiw10A/01n3P5Fe4k6LCfoONncBC4zafzIKQ3DTEaseyGoRHF0
=N+po
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Siged with my (new) key; 0xB431B67770E4AA38.
Futrure validations can be done at https://sigterm.no

At last; All my PMs will be replied soon, you're not ignored, I've just don't had time yet.

shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:47:22 PM

Right, you should be skeptical. It is posted here

https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Anoncoin_Wiki

(but I made the edit) and it was discussed in the #anoncoin IRC channel about an hour ago. I'll make sure to get him, or one of the other developers to confirm this here.

You seem like an honest person, but some precautions are really needed on this forum. Smiley
newb4now

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:06:03 AM

Hi,

Sorry for not updating more lately. Finally vecation from dayjob so time for actions. I still got a _lot_ to read up on in this thread (20+ pages). I will soon release new builds on ANC, but also a "i2p bundle" ish. I will get back to you real soon with at least a win32 prerelease. Also gonna update on what's happened in the last in the dark closet(I2P irc channels) lol.

I was asked to verify a address, here is it:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

mikalv@home ~ $ anoncoind getaddressesbyaccount Anoncoin_Signing_Key
[
    "Acoin7tkEib9d8BfomQYUK66z5fhwN3DgV"
]
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1

iF4EAREKAAYFAlPBes4ACgkQ4ZvcdFRooGVf/gD+PfduSNy+CUrSBZJ36wPYqs0r
/EybtL2sLu1LInPiw10A/01n3P5Fe4k6LCfoONncBC4zafzIKQ3DTEaseyGoRHF0
=N+po
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Siged with my (new) key; 0xB431B67770E4AA38.
Futrure validations can be done at https://sigterm.no

At last; All my PMs will be replied soon, you're not ignored, I've just don't had time yet.

Thanks for the update! Is there a way to easily add a rich list to the block explorer?
Gnosis-

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:17:23 AM

BUT  Do not spam. Give your legit opinion or input

The two most toxic things some coins do.

1) Overpromote and spam.
2) Use ridiculous exageration like "turdcoin is a revolutionary new way to send money instantly and will revolutionize the way people think about money".

The thing about adwords etc is you can make a nice banner, a nice picture ad with just the anoncoin logo and some simple understated words like "What is anoncoin?" No bullshit, no hype. With free credits you can put that picture on tens of thousands of peoples' webpages on sites that are not attractive to highbrow advertisers. For the price of showing 10 people that ad on the wall street urinal you could probably display it to half the people on every indian reservation in north america.

Sometime in the next few weeks I may raise the subject again if I can scrounge some free ad credits. The logo can be made with gimp, it just has to be exactly one of the sizes allowed for banner ads. Within a few months a lot of coins are going to start advertising like that, especially the worst coins. For that reason a landing page that someone suggested above that compares facts good and bad about each major coin would be useful. I won't try advertising like that though unless there is some positive consensus here.

Advertising is a sleazy business but the sleaze is in the content, not the advertising. If you make respectable ads that only inform, nothing else, you're good. Coins run by teenagers, fedora comes to mind, and dozens of others, blur the line between informing and selling. Anoncoin has no premine, probably no one has 50,000 anc so no one is going to get super rich when it grows. No one really has any motive to promote it dishonestly, unlike many other coins.

I completely agree.

[...]
Most important long term factors for all coins.

1) Most important. Ethical devs.

2) Stable history. Anc is the oldest of the altcoins in its genre.

3) Political appeal. As big money moves into altcoins they are going to become political statements, like countries. There will be probably a huge center of gravity around charitable coins as well as political coins. Once PETA puts out its own coin, Action Against Hunger, Unicef, etc anoncoin will be perfectly positioned as a main alternative political coin, but at that point 'alternative' will be mainstream. Anc is one of only a tiny few coins that could pass btc in a few years if conditions are right.

4) Lastly. Least important. Shiny things like anonymity perfection that 90% of folks, like me, don't worry about too much.
[...]

I mostly agree, but I think anonymity perfection can become a political thing and thus address #3. It's important!

ANC:AU4hFCFZLhB2gTyG4VbaEurXGrTMNW2nu6 | BTC: 14QnfqVG3CqLGBYHgD8tPYJVLxQ2AfvPEx | GPG: E6D0 96DE 5B3E 16C7 C57F  DC3B 654D BB7A D847 993A
Gnosis-

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:30:05 AM

I just wanted to make a quick update on the RSA UFO generation. It's close to being done, but at the tail end, I will make the B1 bound quickly increase (which will mean more CPU and memory usage).  Because of the memory usage, I advise you all to put -maxmem <#MB to use> in index.js (ask in IRC for help with this). This prevents your OS from killing the ecm workers due to out of memory conditions.

To tell if it is working, you shouldn't see warnings in the output like "ecm exited with code/signal SIGKILL" or "ecm exited with code/signal 1". If you have set -maxmem and you still see these errors, decrease the value and try again.

Also, to exit gracefully, in a separate console, run "kill -HUP `pidof nodejs`" (or `pidof node`, for OS X / Arch users). This means that the client will stop getting new work from the server, and exit after all existing work is complete and the results are sent back to the server. Another effect is that information about factors found is printed, like you see below.

Also, that's a lot to everyone who has participated so far!  Cheesy

Factors found so far:

r_ufos[0]:  [
  "343810981150389"
]
r_ufos[1]:  [
  "115412498689",
  "5723658356239",
  "883149015851"
]
r_ufos[2]:  [
  "61",
  "72389",
  "4990156296342055149130621"
]
r_ufos[3]:  [
  "27",
  "389496311485",
  "294124347865623446938813247186352083"
]
r_ufos[4]:  [
  "1487",
  "513185737"
]
r_ufos[5]:  [
  "2",
  "938392049867543128089"
]
r_ufos[6]:  [
  "2",
  "2",
  "2",
  "2",
  "12391943225"
]
r_ufos[7]:  [
  "2",
  "927970989233",
  "3709325652813743117",
  "63349504689419628697"
]
r_ufos[8]:  [
  "2",
  "2",
  "47",
  "14247753",
  "41774513100113",
  "13508957500516480069344262089789438931"
]
r_ufos[9]:  [
  "2",
  "3",
  "125240142769",
  "4847098997452479264547624149620773122209"
]
r_ufos[10]:  [
  "2",
  "2",
  "3",
  "57339689668273983034643"
]
r_ufos[11]:  [
  "2",
  "2",
  "11",
  "4821663504619",
  "1467940420233890879",
  "1626705360387841829553827447164829"
]
r_ufos[12]:  [
  "2",
  "2",
  "954281315724659097444271382229215179801"
]
r_ufos[13]:  [
  "1175",
  "52633631971",
  "1162610355722628661",
  "169824584474597274047951",
  "207324525547502120257409089",
  "9762819963164821775930726472633089",
  "336634520264174108651877520152312103"
]
r_ufos[14]:  [
  "81941098523"
]
r_ufos[15]:  [
  "2",
  "2",
  "31",
  "18536450704392727",
  "20153043929894944228905854901600084557"
]

Deactivated UFO candidates: 5, 7, 13. These were deactivated because, after dividing out all found factors, the results were found to be either prime or less than 3456 bits in length.

The thirteen candidates still active have been tested up to B1 bound 19,000,000.

ANC:AU4hFCFZLhB2gTyG4VbaEurXGrTMNW2nu6 | BTC: 14QnfqVG3CqLGBYHgD8tPYJVLxQ2AfvPEx | GPG: E6D0 96DE 5B3E 16C7 C57F  DC3B 654D BB7A D847 993A
geekz

जगत् िमत

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:54:14 AM

Thanks for the update! Is there a way to easily add a rich list to the block explorer?

Yes, I will add it to the block explorer within a week.
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 01:04:36 PM

4) Lastly. Least important. Shiny things like anonymity perfection that 90% of folks, like me, don't worry about too much.

While I agree with your points I disagree that this is least important. As the crypto-sphere gets more and more regulated people will want options for black market dealings, and absolute anonymity will be the major requirement for the winning coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: