Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:54:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 266 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread  (Read 808627 times)
Vexual

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:25:47 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2013, 07:43:20 AM by Vexual

Perhaps you are right, and it is something innocuous, but you are definitely wrong not to entertain the possibility he is becoming less forthcoming with shareholder updates for the same reason we saw with Yifu.

This is a game of degrees, not wrong or right. Nobody knows with certainty. You can only evaluate your odds by examining many factors, and this is a factor I think people are overlooking (while getting excited about things that don't matter, like advertisements).

What particular possible similarity with Yifu are you considering?
I think it was you that got most excited about the ads, nutjob.

1VEX7x76pJdreV1nJW8bXpotbCNggDxG5

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:04:59 AM

Perhaps you are right, and it is something innocuous, but you are definitely wrong not to entertain the possibility he is becoming less forthcoming with shareholder updates for the same reason we saw with Yifu.

This is a game of degrees, not wrong or right. Nobody knows with certainty. You can only evaluate your odds by examining many factors, and this is a factor I think people are overlooking (while getting excited about things that don't matter, like advertisements).

Fewer and fewer updates as the news got worse and worse. That was Yifu's pattern, at least. Just saying - keep your eyes open, metadata is data.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=235763.msg3105250#msg3105250

Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:11:41 AM

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not
Not sarcasm, I meant it!

(I think you may be one of the people I options from... sorry)
Np, it's like a match, you won, I'm fine with that ; )

Very recently I have been exploring the idea of starting a "short derivatives" platform.
[...]
This market desperately needs adequate opportunities for short interest.
It is nice to give people some opportunity to have short positions, but I don't think this would be the ideal method.
It feels slightly more complex than writing and buying options, and I doubt there are many people who deal in options at all.
I think it would be better to just manage a fund: you collect coins, you invest them as you feel, you give people dividends if you manage to be successful, you take a cut.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:20:22 AM

Fewer and fewer updates as the news got worse and worse. That was Yifu's pattern, at least. Just saying - keep your eyes open, metadata is data.

Vycid , is that you first time know about FC, he always very quiet...if you like CEO talk a lot , go to get some shares of Activemining,  Ken is 24 HRs online....
Vexual

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:21:53 AM

Eyes open? You weren't even aware ASICMINER has blades for sale.

Vycid

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:26:14 AM

Vycid , is that you first time know about FC, he always very quiet...if you like CEO talk a lot , go to get some shares of Activemining,  Ken is 24 HRs online....

No. He has RECENTLY become quiet, despite the fact there is just as much to discuss as ever - if not more, given the rise of a huge field of competition.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=49840;sa=showPosts;start=140

Eyes open? You weren't even aware ASICMINER has blades for sale.

Yeah, OK, that invalidates everything else.

At least I double-checked that they were indeed not selling, since I knew I was not sure.

Vycid

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:36:39 AM

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not
Not sarcasm, I meant it!

(I think you may be one of the people I options from... sorry)
Np, it's like a match, you won, I'm fine with that ; )

Very recently I have been exploring the idea of starting a "short derivatives" platform.
[...]
This market desperately needs adequate opportunities for short interest.
It is nice to give people some opportunity to have short positions, but I don't think this would be the ideal method.
It feels slightly more complex than writing and buying options, and I doubt there are many people who deal in options at all.
I think it would be better to just manage a fund: you collect coins, you invest them as you feel, you give people dividends if you manage to be successful, you take a cut.

Thanks for the kind words.

Based on the input I have been receiving, I will start exploring the possibility. There will be an announcement in the near future one way or another.

Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:38:46 AM

Thanks for the kind words.

Based on the input I have been receiving, I will start exploring the possibility. There will be an announcement in the near future one way or another.

Great!

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Vexual

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:43:10 AM

Yeah, OK, that invalidates everything else.

At least I double-checked that they were indeed not selling, since I knew I was not sure.
huh?

how much of this fund will be spent on crack cocaine?

hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:46:10 AM

If I'm evaluating my odds i see an investment for one of the few companies for mining hardware that
- hasn't broken any promises or shipped overdue/shitty products to its customers (compared to most of the rest of the market)
- currently holds 10% of the network hashrate
- didn't take preorders to finance 2nd gen production (compared to every other company on the market)
- doesn't need to brag about data of unfinished products because there's no need for advertising to get preorder money
- has a good (if not the best) brand reputation in the small mining community  

These degrees feel quite good for my taste of security in a wildly speculated high-risk market.

oh and while I'm at it let me evaluate...
user
- is short on AM
- is concerned when AM buys advertising space  Huh
- seems resistant to any positive news and instantly bad-mouthes them.
(irrespictive of the fact that there were no negative news besides growing competition (=based on promises for unreleased products), low divs because of 2nd gen investment and partially low hashrate charts in the last weeks)
- has ridiculous demands for shareholders' comfort from a small startup company (that isn't even given by big companies in a regular market), just to ease his position  Roll Eyes
- not informed on present delievery status of AM's product portfolio
- sometimes has a postcount of more than 50% per page on a speculation thread
- starts to seed doubts on company's reliability without any proof when he runs out of arguments ignoring the fact that he's just adressing fundamental risks that every shareholder should already be aware of in the first place.  
- tends to get an sarcastic undertone after broad criticism and continues preaching his standpoint instead of confessing several flaws in his argumentation to allow a constructive discussion

you really seemed like a good counterbalance at first but shifting focus of a thread by constant posting from a goodlooking hashrate chart and decent news on advertising back to two pages of argumentation for your distorted standpoint is really the icing of the cake.

congrats and welcome to my ignorelist (with your rate of being quoted it won't help though)

SOSLOVE868

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 08:54:20 AM

No. He has RECENTLY become quiet, despite the fact there is just as much to discuss as ever - if not more, given the rise of a huge field of competition.

FC has posted before mentioning that everything is under estimation ,and he will meet his target before what he used planned . Don't you think this information is enough?

if you believing what FC said , then it obviously is enough, you can't ask FC like Ken to stay 24 hours online ,to explaining every single question to every single investors. And I think if you do not believing FC, then even he did explaining everything in detail to you , you might still be suspect about it.

And I think he is really busy to dealing with new data center or 2 gen Chips , since the share price fluctuation actually isn't what he need to concern of. (Because, He won't sell his shares and he isn't consider to issuing more shares.)  Lips sealed

keeron

Activity: 180

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:07:07 AM

Thank you! Was a great read. Added one more to the list of ignores. Man, he really crapped out in the last few pages. Wonder if good news makes me go crazy (maybe he'd be more useful in the Labcoin thread)
carpetbagger

Activity: 258

You can trust me, I have an avatar

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:42:08 AM

if you like CEO talk a lot , go to get some shares of Activemining,  Ken is 24 HRs online....

you can't ask FC like Ken to stay 24 hours online ,to explaining every single question to every single investors.

You picked a truly terrible example SOS. Ken has not said a meaningful word to his shareholders for well over a month. Did you miss the whole ActM NDA farce?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1707;sa=showPosts

^look for yourself, nothing but "dividend paid" and "sorry, can't talk about it".

FC is fine, don't ever change bro.

Keep clam & hodl on
Vycid

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 09:50:34 AM

If I'm evaluating my odds i see an investment for one of the few companies for mining hardware that
- hasn't broken any promises or shipped overdue/shitty products to its customers (compared to most of the rest of the market)
- didn't take preorders to finance 2nd gen production (compared to every other company on the market)
- doesn't need to brag about data of unfinished products because there's no need for advertising to get preorder money

These degrees feel quite good for my taste of security in a wildly speculated high-risk market.

oh and while I'm at it let me evaluate...
user
- is short on AM
- seems resistant to any positive news and instantly bad-mouthes them.
(irrespictive of the fact that there were no negative news besides growing competition (=based on promises for unreleased products), low divs because of 2nd gen investment and partially low hashrate charts in the last weeks)
- has ridiculous demands for shareholders' comfort from a small startup company (that isn't even given by big companies in a regular market), just to ease his position  Roll Eyes
- starts to seed doubts on company's reliability without any proof when he runs out of arguments ignoring the fact that he's just adressing fundamental risks that every shareholder should already be aware of in the first place.  
- tends to get an sarcastic undertone after broad criticism and continues preaching his standpoint instead of confessing several flaws in his argumentation to allow a constructive discussion

you really seemed like a good counterbalance at first but shifting focus of a thread by constant posting from a goodlooking hashrate chart and decent news on advertising back to two pages of argumentation for your distorted standpoint is really the icing of the cake.

congrats and welcome to my ignorelist (with your rate of being quoted it won't help though)

Interesting that you would write such a thorough list immediately before introducing me to your ignorelist. That makes the ignorelisting seem more like an attempt to discredit than an actual distaste for the posts.

But we need to go through these one by one, I think, since the accusations do need to be addressed whether you will see the rebuttal or not.

Hyperbole. Promises have been broken. See here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=282910.msg3027585#msg3027585

Of course. The discussion is about what that is worth.

They also have the luxury of a revenue stream. Ultimately, the source of funding will not impact the quality and competitive positioning of their competiors' products.

Horrible, horrible argument. If AM expects people to hold off on preordering with their competition, they had better release those specs. Every preorder with a competitor is a lost sale.

Nobody gives a shit about brand. If you demonstrate the ability to deliver a better deal, that is all it takes. This isn't about the coolest type of sunglasses or cell phone, this is about profit margins.

OK - now on to the personal attacks.

- is short on AM

Honestly, this should increase my credibility. I'm not a sockpuppet, or a burned business partner, or a major holder in the competition. I've actually got money on this, just like you do.

Don't be obtuse. The reaction of shareholders to the advertising space was the point - the investors are still euphoric about the most mundane things, and that demonstrates that there is quite a way left for AM to fall.

- seems resistant to any positive news and instantly bad-mouthes them. (irrespictive of the fact that there were no negative news besides growing competition (=based on promises for unreleased products), low divs because of 2nd gen investment and partially low hashrate charts in the last weeks)

This is too vague for me to address properly. I wish you'd given examples or something. It honestly seems like you listed bad news in the parentheses, so...

If things are going as well as you all think they are, I will lose my shirt if FC comes out with an update.

It is NOT unreasonable to expect this level of updates and feedback from a startup company. Do you have any idea the level of engagement that VC firms typically have with their client startups? Startups are VERY communicative. FC got his VC from the community, but lately he has gone dark.

Wow, get fucked. I am now informed - I don't see how this is an issue. I know WHAT AM's products are, and being a little confused about the details of the transition from the old blades to the new blades does not really impact the big picture very much.

Would you ignore another user for this confusion? Ridiculous.

Guess it's gonna be kinda quiet in here for you, huh? A lot of people argue with me or ask me questions directly, and I take the time to answer them, which is why I sometimes constitute so many of the posts on a single page.

"seed doubts on company's reliability"? Where have I questioned 'reliability', exactly? Nor have I run out of arguments, I assure you.

Investors should be aware of the fundamental risks, but it is proven time and time again in this thread that many are not.

You are right that I can get defensive, which is a flaw and something I am aware of. However, I do not believe I ignore good counterarguments like you are insinuating. Mostly I feel like I can adequately defend my thesis from criticism.

Anyway, cheers, hope this thread improves for you without my posts.

SOSLOVE868

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:21:20 AM

OMG..... Are you ok??? you wrote that many.......this really surprise me a lot...  have you got nothing to do ?You should spent your time on some meaningful things instead to spent that much time on this forum ...life is good... !!!
SOSLOVE868

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:23:19 AM

you can't ask FC like Ken to stay 24 hours online ,to explaining every single question to every single investors.

You picked a truly terrible example SOS. Ken has not said a meaningful word to his shareholders for well over a month. Did you miss the whole ActM NDA farce?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1707;sa=showPosts

^look for yourself, nothing but "dividend paid" and "sorry, can't talk about it".

FC is fine, don't ever change bro.

Sorry , I have been away of this forum for a while, when Active mining back to called AMC , he used to spent lot time online like Vycid right now.

Seems things change quickly in Active mining, the only thing unchanged may be is the 4 Avalon miners are still mining.  Grin
Vexual

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 10:51:59 AM

If I may Smiley (sorry to the ignorers)

OK - now on to the personal attacks.
a little melodramatic don't you think?

- is short on AM

Honestly, this should increase my credibility. I'm not a sockpuppet, or a burned business partner, or a major holder in the competition. I've actually got money on this, just like you do.
Increase credibility?  It seems you are trying to manipulate the market by spamming made up bullshit

Don't be obtuse. The reaction of shareholders to the advertising space was the point - the investors are still euphoric about the most mundane things, and that demonstrates that there is quite a way left for AM to fall.
Euphoric? You dont even know if those posts are by shareholders, and in any case it does not demonstrate that there is quite a way left to fall
- seems resistant to any positive news and instantly bad-mouthes them. (irrespictive of the fact that there were no negative news besides growing competition (=based on promises for unreleased products), low divs because of 2nd gen investment and partially low hashrate charts in the last weeks)

This is too vague for me to address properly. I wish you'd given examples or something. It honestly seems like you listed bad news in the parentheses, so...
If you can't respond to a general statement, ...

If things are going as well as you all think they are, I will lose my shirt if FC comes out with an update.

It is NOT unreasonable to expect this level of updates and feedback from a startup company. Do you have any idea the level of engagement that VC firms typically have with their client startups? Startups are VERY communicative. FC got his VC from the community, but lately he has gone dark.
Perhaps Bitfountain is the VC firm here, you are not. Comparing apples and oranges again

Wow, get fucked. I am now informed - I don't see how this is an issue. I know WHAT AM's products are, and being a little confused about the details of the transition from the old blades to the new blades does not really impact the big picture very much.

Would you ignore another user for this confusion? Ridiculous.
Because you have spent so much time claiming to be well informed, and hardware sales make up a large proportion of the business.

Guess it's gonna be kinda quiet in here for you, huh? A lot of people argue with me or ask me questions directly, and I take the time to answer them, which is why I sometimes constitute so many of the posts on a single page.
I'm not arguing with you, just pointing out flaws in your logic Smiley

"seed doubts on company's reliability"? Where have I questioned 'reliability', exactly? Nor have I run out of arguments, I assure you. Are any of them sensible?

Investors should be aware of the fundamental risks, but it is proven time and time again in this thread that many are not.
Perhaps they are aware of the risks, but make calculated decisions on their own, without your expert advice.

You are right that I can get defensive, which is a flaw and something I am aware of. However, I do not believe I ignore good counterarguments like you are insinuating. Mostly I feel like I can adequately defend my thesis from criticism.
If you have an actual disorder, then I apologise for my crack cocaine comment

Anyway, cheers, hope this thread improves for you without my posts.

velacreations (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 01:19:33 PM

AM share price is increasing, and Vycid's posts increase.  Coincidence?

I thought we were going to have less of this, yet I just read through 4 pages of mostly Vycid posts from the last 12 hours.   Huh

culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 02:33:23 PM

I think the price still has not broke out of the downtrend, well poor souls that brought AM @ 5ish...
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 08:03:58 AM

More than 30 bitcents of difference between bitfunder and btc-tc? I understand that fees are lower on btc-tc (and I can see how paying 4-5% more can be worth it if you're a day trader) but are there other reasons?

Imagine for a second you wanted to market sell 5000 shares.  Check the slippage on each exchange and you will have your answer.
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 266 »
  Print  

Jump to: