Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:56:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 266 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread  (Read 808627 times)
FNG

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:32:25 AM

Uh, so nobody is concerned about the fact that the CEO is choosing to communicate product line updates to his shareholders via advertisements?
Not at all. That's normally how shareholders find about about products.

No... it's not. They're usually announced at shareholder meetings or industry conferences.

You mean board meetings? What's a shareholder meeting? Honest question, I didn't know there were shareholder meetings for say, people who owned a handful of shares in Facebook or Microsoft.
You weren't aware that shareholders had direct access to the R&D department and a direct line of communication to the CEO?

Finding out about products when they're advertised to the masses..how inconsiderate of Sir Friedcat. shareholders need to see computer renderings of products 6 months before they're ready lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vexual

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:33:17 AM

No... it's not. They're usually announced at shareholder meetings or industry conferences.

Oh, so thats how Apple does it?  I always thought that everyone, including shareholders, found out at the exact same time.

But fuck Apple, what do they know.

Uh, yeah, of course everyone finds out at the same time. Anything else would constitute insider trading, genius.

It is NOT done via advertising.

http://www.apple.com/apple-events/

Uh, so nobody is concerned about the fact that the CEO is choosing to communicate product line updates to his shareholders via advertisements?
product line update? we don't know that

Well, considering FC is currently sold out, if it's not new products then it's probably an advertisement for

1) Shares (a legitimate company has no business advertising its shares)

2) Pre-orders (...)

Or I could be wrong, maybe he's looking for franchise partners or something. I'd expect that anyone looking to franchise already knows about the opportunity though.
Shares? Pre-orders? c'mon, try and say something intelligent.

1VEX7x76pJdreV1nJW8bXpotbCNggDxG5
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:35:02 AM

Oh, so thats how Apple does it?  I always thought that everyone, including shareholders, found out at the exact same time.

Uh, yeah, of course everyone finds out at the same time. Anything else would constitute insider trading, genius.

Well, considering FC is currently sold out, if it's not new products then it's probably an advertisement for

2) Pre-orders (...)

Or I could be wrong, maybe he's looking for franchise partners or something. I'd expect that anyone looking to franchise already knows about the opportunity though.
Shares? Pre-orders? c'mon, try and say something intelligent.

Alright, give me option 3 I didn't consider.

Not at all. That's normally how shareholders find about about products.

You mean board meetings? What's a shareholder meeting? Honest question, I didn't know there were shareholder meetings for say, people who owned a handful of shares in Facebook or Microsoft.
You weren't aware that shareholders had direct access to the R&D department and a direct line of communication to the CEO?

Finding out about products when they're advertised to the masses..how inconsiderate of Sir Friedcat. shareholders need to see computer renderings of products 6 months before they're ready lol

Wow, you're really dense. Public companies are required BY LAW to hold annual in-person shareholder meetings, and quarterly conference calls. Most companies go far beyond that and hold frequent events and Q&A sessions for investors, as well as press releases. For many companies the CEO's primary job is investor relations - the COO and operations folks take care of the day-to-day.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:35:50 AM

2) Pre-orders (...)

Or I could be wrong, maybe he's looking for franchise partners or something. That would surprise me though - anyone looking to franchise probably already knows about the opportunity.

Friedcat has never done pre-orders only Rockxie  Smiley

Option 3: Obvious one is they are preparing for the release of new units possibly ahead of schedule or selling more old stock

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Vexual

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:37:05 AM

Blades aren't sold out perhaps? Where did you read that?

Vycid

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:40:09 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=282867.msg3028437#msg3028437

Only with ASICMiner could I fathom shareholders freaking out about the company buying advertising space, as if it's somehow extraordinary. It's insane. The irrationality is palpable.

Vexual

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:41:03 AM

That was a runout on the old overclockable model.

Vycid

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:42:48 AM

OK, which reseller is currently selling blades or has an ETA on blades?

I'm serious - I was under the impression none are/do. I'd appreciate it if anyone could correct that assumption.

chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2013, 05:44:10 AM

I'm serious - I was under the impression none are/do. I'd appreciate it if anyone could correct that assumption.

The new blades? All of the resellers are selling them. This is just one, for example:

http://www.wtcr.ca/
Vexual

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:44:38 AM

see:
We are glad to introduce our new model of Block Erupter Blades to the market. The hashing unit, the power module, and the ethernet controller are now integrated into one board, resulting in a more compact design with higher computation density.

Besides the original power connector, the plug-able gold fingers are added to the blade. The blades are also complemented with a back-plane for them to fit in (10 in 1). It makes deployment easier and quicker.

While the back-plane is compatible with any normal PSUs with its cable-based connector, it also offers a slot for a certain brand of widely available PSUs (Part Number: HP DPS 800GBA or ATSN 7001044-Y000).

Spec: 10GHhash/s guaranteed.
         Rated speed 10.752GHash/s.
         200mm x 160mm in size.

Resellers:
US: eleuthria, CanaryInTheMine, SilentSonicBoom
Canada: teek
EU, Switzerland and North Europe: yxt
China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau: rockxie
Australia: leotreasure@gmail.com
India: Pinwheel

Purchasers from the rest of the world can buy the products directly from us. One back-plane will be provided per ten Block Erupter Blade (New Model).

Former warranty conditions still hold.

Mailing address for sales: asicminer.blades@gmail.com.
Mailing address for support: asicminer.help@gmail.com.

To purchase, please send your full name/address/zip code/phone number to the mailing address for sales.

Notes:
1. Please make sure that the polarity of PSUs matches the polarity on the backplane. If you are connecting the blades to the PSU without backplane, please also make sure that the polarity matches each other.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:44:46 AM

https://2asic.com/

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Vexual

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:46:57 AM

I assume one can still buy in quantity direct from the manufacturer.

Vexual

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:52:03 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=282867.msg3028437#msg3028437

Only with ASICMiner could I fathom shareholders freaking out about the company buying advertising space, as if it's somehow extraordinary. It's insane. The irrationality is palpable.
nice edit

Vycid

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:56:36 AM

Well, shit. Thanks - I guess I thought there was a delivery gap between the new and old blade models and nothing was currently selling (or it was just reseller pre-orders). Guess not.

It could very well just be an advertisement for the new blades, then.

Vexual

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 05:59:27 AM

Well, shit. Thanks - I guess I thought there was a delivery gap between the new and old blade models and nothing was currently selling. Guess not.

This puts your lessons on reading comprehension and claims of being a well informed investor into clear perspective.

hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:00:14 AM

Public companies are required BY LAW to hold annual in-person shareholder meetings, and quarterly conference calls. Most companies go far beyond that and hold frequent events and Q&A sessions for investors, as well as press releases. For many companies the CEO's primary job is investor relations - the COO and operations folks take care of the day-to-day.

you can't be serious to expect this comfort from a small company like AsicMiner in a chaotic market like that.
You realize that friedcat even personally refreshed the list of direct shareholders in the past?
Ever seen a CEO do that?
This is a small company with potential in a growing market. Give it some time.

Do you know why those other hardware companys like Avalon or BFL don't ipo and sell shares?
They take preorders as loanfree credits to produce some promised hardware that will be delievered whenever they want to.

Vycid

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:02:53 AM

Well, shit. Thanks - I guess I thought there was a delivery gap between the new and old blade models and nothing was currently selling. Guess not.

This puts your lessons on reading comprehension and claims of being a well informed investor into clear perspective.

Oh, yes, definitely. The constantly changing and nearly impenetrable reseller threads are my primary focus in evaluating AM's fundamental value, and the avoidance of the 1-2 weeks of backlog I expected greatly alters my estimation of their potential profits.

I'd never claim that I am never wrong, but I spend at lot of energy trying to correct myself when I am. Being right 51% of the time in any market is enough to become quite wealthy, and I bet I can do a lot better than 51% around here.

Vycid

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:03:16 AM

Public companies are required BY LAW to hold annual in-person shareholder meetings, and quarterly conference calls. Most companies go far beyond that and hold frequent events and Q&A sessions for investors, as well as press releases. For many companies the CEO's primary job is investor relations - the COO and operations folks take care of the day-to-day.

you can't be serious to expect this comfort from a small company like AsicMiner in a chaotic market like that.
You realize that friedcat even personally refreshed the list of direct shareholders in the past?
Ever seen a CEO do that?

Do you know why those other hardware companys like Avalon or BFL don't ipo and sell shares?
They take preorders as loanfree credits to produce some promised hardware that will be delievered whenever they want to.

You're right, I expect more communication in a high-risk, dynamic market. The time investment to keep shareholders up to date is negligible. It doesn't have to be a pretty report every time, just a blog or update post.

And the market isn't growing, dude. The market has actually shrunk from a fundamental size of 300 BTC/hour to 150 BTC/hour. All of the companies have to fight over that.

If Friedcat was able to make the bid on Bitcointalk, why not make a post saying what it was for? This is the behavior I expect out of Yifu, not FC.

Vexual

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:06:36 AM

Oh, yes, definitely. The constantly changing and nearly impenetrable reseller threads are my primary focus in evaluating AM's fundamental value, and the avoidance of the 1-2 weeks of backlog I expected greatly alters my estimation of their potential profits.

I'd never claim that I am never wrong, but I spend at lot of energy trying to correct myself when I am. Being right 51% of the time in any market is enough to become quite wealthy, and I bet I can do a lot better than 51% around here.

I wouldn't expect you to claim you are wrong directly either Smiley

Ever seen a CEO do that?

You're right, I expect more communication in a high-risk, dynamic market. The time investment to keep shareholders up to date is negligible. It doesn't have to be a pretty report every time, just a blog or update post.

Like the one from September 2? Did you read it?

Vycid

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:09:17 AM

Like the one from September 2? Did you read it?

This one?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=286486.msg3065505#msg3065505

Of course. There is no useful information for shareholders here, except that the design of the blades was changed slightly.

He's willing to put the time in to announce the new products, but the shareholders don't need to know whether Gen 2 is on schedule, or how much FC's costs are per blade.

That would scare the bejeezus out of me if I was long.

Update
There hasn't been a huge hardware dividend payoff: is it because of reduced margins, or delays?
Because we are collecting funds to get ready for the exponentially increased devices to be assembled in September and October.

Do you think maybe more than a sentence was justified here?

Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 266 »
  Print  

Jump to: