Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:34:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 266 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread  (Read 808627 times)
Vexual

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:11:20 AM

Like the one from September 2? Did you read it?

This one?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=286486.msg3065505#msg3065505

Of course. There is no useful information for shareholders here, except that the design of the blades was changed slightly.
Well I don't want to continue being cantankerous, but missing the idea that they are selling hardware is quite a large oversight.

1VEX7x76pJdreV1nJW8bXpotbCNggDxG5

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vycid

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:13:45 AM

This one?

Of course. There is no useful information for shareholders here, except that the design of the blades was changed slightly.
Well I don't want to continue being cantankerous, but missing the idea that they are selling hardware is quite a large oversight.

I didn't think they'd stopped selling hardware - I thought resellers were taking preorders and the new blades were due in week or two. That isn't very important to my thesis, but I'm glad I know now, since I won't be surprised by the stronger dividend.

I did make a mistake, obviously.

Vexual

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:16:36 AM

This one?

He's willing to put the time in to announce the new products, but the shareholders don't need to know whether Gen 2 is on schedule, or how much FC's costs are per blade.

That would scare the bejeezus out of me if I was long.

I understand that Friedcat has no intention of releasing any information that is not set in stone. He knows the manufacturing game, and costs and schedules can change.
No pre-orders, no bullshit.
This part of his business model, I believe, is one of the core elements to ASICMINERS success.
Discretion in such a cutting edge market has also been an invaluable business practice.

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:20:47 AM

AM Buying ad space, for first time? This is brilliant news.

Along with the remarkable current hash rate, which I can't believe is "luck", things are finally looking up again after a very average month or more.

Pity those people that sold under 3B a share. Pity even more those people that sold under 2.5B Wink
Vexual

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:21:13 AM

Along with the remarkable current hash rate, which I can't believe is "luck", things are finally looking up again after a very average month or more.

Pity those people that sold under 3B a share. Pity even more those people that sold under 2.5B Wink
It's not the first time

Vycid

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:23:34 AM

This one?

He's willing to put the time in to announce the new products, but the shareholders don't need to know whether Gen 2 is on schedule, or how much FC's costs are per blade.

That would scare the bejeezus out of me if I was long.

I understand that Friedcat has no intention of releasing any information that is not set in stone. He knows the manufacturing game, and costs and schedules can change.
No pre-orders, no bullshit.
This part of his business model, I believe, is one of the core elements to ASICMINERS success.
Discretion in such a cutting edge market has also been an invaluable business practice.

I do appreciate that he has not engaged in the pre-order crap. There is a lot of intangible value there.

But not letting anyone know whether Gen 2 is on schedule or not... I do not see how that is defensible. Why should he not provide the information he has, and then provide updates if that information changes?

If he's got good news, I'd think he would share it. He was more talkative in the earlier days, which I really appreciated. I saw this pattern with Yifu... it's no guarantee of anything, but why the change?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg2390687#msg2390687
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg2013118#msg2013118
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg1731913#msg1731913
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg1571278#msg1571278
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=49840;sa=showPosts;start=140

Vycid

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:24:08 AM

AD SPACE? HAIL FRIEDCAT, BUSINESS GENIUS.

Soon he shall rank among legends such as BFL.

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:25:40 AM

It's not the first time

Stand corrected.

Still, be very interesting to know what they will be selling and when? Certainly won't be "pre-selling" like everyone else.
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:26:32 AM

I'd never claim that I am never wrong, but I spend at lot of energy trying to correct myself when I am. Being right 51% of the time in any market is enough to become quite wealthy, and I bet I can do a lot better than 51% around here.

In Bitcoin world being right 51% of the time means you are right all the time. Hell you can even change the past and fudge everything up!  Cheesy

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Vexual

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:31:13 AM

But not letting anyone know whether Gen 2 is on schedule or not... I do not see how that is defensible. Why should he not provide the information he has, and then provide updates if that information changes?

If he's got good news, I'd think he would share it. He was more talkative in the earlier days, which I really appreciated. I saw this pattern with Yifu... it's no guarantee of anything, but why the change?

I would say he has better things to do, and if you don't see how discretion is useful here, you should realise that this company is different to anything that has come before, and friedcat is writing the book on how to do it.

Vycid

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:33:08 AM

I would say he has better things to do, and if you don't see how discretion is useful here, you should realise that this company is different to anything that has come before, and friedcat is writing the book on how to do it.

Utter, utter bullshit. Look at all the times in the past, when he was still trying to get Gen 1 off the ground and was probably even BUSIER, when he still found the chance to update his shareholders.

Why has this type of information flow ceased?

Vexual

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:34:58 AM

Are you aware of some of the security issues the avalon team experienced?

Vycid

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:37:18 AM

You mean when someone visited Yifu's parents' house trying to get into contact with him?

Oh dear, I hope nobody has visited Friedcat's parents. It might derail the whole project.

Let me elaborate on my understanding of what happened - a buyer in China was seeking to get a contract on paper with the Avalon team. The Avalon team was not communicating, and the buyer, frustrated, went to Yifu's parents seeking a way to get in contact with him (this was over the line, I agree, but not necessarily malicious).

Yifu cites this as the reason they their chips are months late. I suspect these things have little or nothing to do with each other.

I am glad he takes his security seriously, but it is an excuse and nothing more. I wish he would assume responsibility.

Anyway, when people become less communicative in Bitcoin-land I consider it a warning sign. No guarantee, but I've seen it before. In the past, it seemed that Friedcat was always happy to share his news.

Vexual

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:48:57 AM

You mean when someone visited Yifu's parents' house trying to get into contact with him?

Oh dear, I hope nobody has visited Friedcat's parents. It might derail the whole project.

Let me elaborate on my understanding of what happened - a buyer in China was seeking to get a contract on paper with the Avalon team. The Avalon team was not communicating, and the buyer, frustrated, went to Yifu's parents seeking a way to get in contact with him (this was over the line, I agree, but not necessarily malicious).

Yifu cites this as the reason they their chips are months late. I suspect these things have little or nothing to do with each other.

I am glad he takes his security seriously, but it is an excuse and nothing more. I wish he would assume responsibility.

Anyway, when people become less communicative in Bitcoin-land I consider it a warning sign. No guarantee, but I've seen it before. Friedcat was always happy to share his news before.

He also wasn't mining quite as much bitcoin then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPVttJZfKWk   0:40

Vycid

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 06:52:48 AM

Anyway, when people become less communicative in Bitcoin-land I consider it a warning sign. No guarantee, but I've seen it before. Friedcat was always happy to share his news before.

He also wasn't mining quite as much bitcoin then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPVttJZfKWk   0:40

FC wasn't mining as much earlier this year, you mean?

He still finds time to make posts, they just avoid important topics and are not very useful to shareholders.

This bears repeating, just in terms of how terse it is.

Update
There hasn't been a huge hardware dividend payoff: is it because of reduced margins, or delays?
Because we are collecting funds to get ready for the exponentially increased devices to be assembled in September and October.

Vexual

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:01:53 AM

He still finds time to make posts, they just avoid important topics and are not very useful to shareholders.
There are a multitude of reasons why some degree of discretion is advisable.

Project Timeline

August-September: Deploy/sell all hashpower arriving in July and early August.
September-November: Deploy/sell the hashpower ordered at early July.
November-December: Experimental products of 2nd-gen chips and modular large-scale deployment solutions.
Concise, and no bullshit.
How would giving more info than this help the company?
You might enjoy it for playing your little trading games, but it won't help ASICMINER.

Vycid

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:04:48 AM

Project Timeline

November-December: Experimental products of 2nd-gen chips and modular large-scale deployment solutions.
You might enjoy it for playing your little trading games, but it won't help ASICMINER.

Then why did he provide so much information in the past? Did you scroll through this?

It is a change in habit and there should be a lot of news. It strikes me as very odd.

Edit:

You'll like this. In MARCH, no less, when he was an already an order of magnitude more talkative than he is now.

But please give some more informations to the shareholders so they dont have to guess so much fruitlessly... i mean writing a post is a matter of some minutes only...
Of course. And indeed, sorry for the inefficiency of contact these days.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:07:01 AM

I'd never claim that I am never wrong, but I spend at lot of energy trying to correct myself when I am. Being right 51% of the time in any market is enough to become quite wealthy, and I bet I can do a lot better than 51% around here.

In Bitcoin world being right 51% of the time means you are right all the time. Hell you can even change the past and fudge everything up!  Cheesy

Nice one Lophie Smiley

Friedcat works on what he does and aims to meets schedule and that's whats important that and we designated the Shareholder FAQ to direct all questions too so he doesn't reply much in the time between them and as an aside personal security is still important last time I checked.
Since it's September stuff is getting assembled I presume.
Still watches the schedule.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Vexual

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:10:50 AM

Project Timeline

Then why did he provide so much information in the past? Did you scroll through this?

It is a change in habit and there should be a lot of news. It strikes me as very odd.

They must be very busy, and don't need to give competitors info.
And secondly, back in March, the company structure was different by the fact that they were directing all dividends to the initial public investors, and so in a way, they had more responsibility to shareholders then.
Now it's all gravy and they have no resonsibility to provide information just to satisfy traders on third party exchanges.

Vycid

View Profile
September 08, 2013, 07:17:16 AM

Project Timeline

They must be very busy, and don't need to give competitors info.
And secondly, back in March, the company structure was different by the fact that they were directing all dividends to the initial public investors, and so in a way, they had more responsibility to shareholders then.
Now it's all gravy and they have no resonsibility to provide information just to satisfy traders on third party exchanges.

Perhaps you are right, and it is something innocuous, but you are definitely wrong not to entertain the possibility he is becoming less forthcoming with shareholder updates for the same reason we saw with Yifu.

This is a game of degrees, not wrong or right. Nobody knows with certainty. You can only evaluate your odds by examining many factors, and this is a factor I think people are overlooking (while getting excited about things that don't matter, like advertisements).

Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 266 »
  Print  

Jump to: