Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:26:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479237 times)
Pompobit

Activity: 736
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 07:59:36 PM

Apparently no-one is paying attention to the short squeeze happening as i type this. Who knows if it will last but there will be a MAJOR squeeze coming when we hear from Ken.

crumbs, i will buy the fuck out of 0025. We are all forgetting that ACTM has promised to pay back 0025 per share before they start taking profits...its a no brainer.

I take promises of Belize-registered virtual entities traded on a virtual exchange which explicitly tells me it's "for entertainment value only" with a grain of salt.  But that's just me.

this virtual entity has a partnership with eAsic, that it isn't properly a virtual entity, but a solid company with enough feedbacks to be sure they will develop what they are aiming for
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:06:07 PM

Apparently no-one is paying attention to the short squeeze happening as i type this. Who knows if it will last but there will be a MAJOR squeeze coming when we hear from Ken.

crumbs, i will buy the fuck out of 0025. We are all forgetting that ACTM has promised to pay back 0025 per share before they start taking profits...its a no brainer.

I take promises of Belize-registered virtual entities traded on a virtual exchange which explicitly tells me it's "for entertainment value only" with a grain of salt.  But that's just me.

this virtual entity has a partnership with eAsic, that it isn't properly a virtual entity, but a solid company with enough feedbacks to be sure they will develop what they are aiming for

Are you telling me that Ken has lied to us? Shocked  Why would he do that?
Pompobit

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:09:40 PM

what are you talking about? Lied about what?
crumbs

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:10:39 PM

That Active Mining is a virtual entity Angry
Pompobit

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:12:28 PM

read better what I wrote. I said eAsic is not a virtual entity, and they have a relationship with VMC
crumbs

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:17:38 PM

Are you telling me that Ken has lied to us? Shocked  Why would he do that?

read better what I wrote. I said eAsic is not a virtual entity, and they have a relationship with VMC

I don't mean to sound condescending, but did eAsic make any promises to buy back ActM stock?  If you concentrate, and believe with all of your heart, you'll find the answer ... which is (say it outloud!) "No, they did not.  They don't know me from a hole in the wall."   Angry Cheesy
somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:25:04 PM

Please don't feed the trolls.
Pompobit

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:50:05 PM

I don't mean to sound condescending, but did eAsic make any promises to buy back ActM stock?  If you concentrate, and believe with all of your heart, you'll find the answer ... which is (say it outloud!) "No, they did not.  They don't know me from a hole in the wall."   Angry Cheesy

What the hell, eAsic is a fabless company and it is not intersted in buying stocks, bonds, shares or whatever else. eAsic only need to develop chips and they are good in that, so this is enough to make me confident for a good deal.

partnership with eAsic
Subcontracting is not being in a partnership.

Stop being so deluded.

eAsic confirmed they are developing a 28nm chip with VMC, so call the relationship as you want, that is all I'm interested of.

And btw, somestranger above me is right, I'm feeding trolls that are here only to spread FUD, and maybe buy cheap shares. Never seen anyone use so much efforts for something they are not interested
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:57:20 PM

Let's go down, deep down and touch the .. center of the earth  Grin
Lets not because I'm here and don't even want to be. Lets go up so I can get my money back and then it can go down. Ken is bringing news tomorrow to officially announce the eASIC deal. I hear it on IRC channel.

Proof?
Obviously, the comment was BS. At least it would have been if you read the status of my position. I accidentally bought a bunch of shares of ActM a couple hours ago in an attempted buy-in of Labcoin at prices that were 15% above the going rate at the time, i.e., it was trading at .0031 and I bought at .003499. I'll say anything to get the price to go back up at this point.

lol, I wouldn't worry much about it, next week: news => price up. Just w8 a few days, don't panic-sell and don't do that again  Grin Grin Grin

AngelSky will be better off selling now, buying LC and taking the loss now, as the increase in LC's price will easily cover it. News from ActM won't be enough to cause a significant rise in price due to LC having 10x the hashing power. LC's price will be a reflection of AM's price and ActM's will be a reflection of LC's.

Good luck Smiley
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 09:03:11 PM

Again, things that should not be covered under NDA:

Pin-outs and protocols for the FPGA that the asic is being modeled on.
PCB designs.
PCB fabrication and assembly deals.
Box assembly deals.
Facilities to host the miners.

KnC has an FPGA system where 4 FPGAs have can emulate one KnC chip exactly (except for the speed). You populate the board with FPGAs, and you can test everything about the board including cooling. Even if the 'deets' on the ASIC were locked down by NDA (which they're not) the original FPGA design should not be covered, since it was designed by Ken.

All of those things should be being worked on, and progress should be reported on.

Labcoin is a joke...good luck with the 130nm chip

Short squeeze?  Do you even know what that is?  It's when people who have short positions have to buy and the price spikes because of it.  But no one has short positions on ActiveMining, there aren't even any options available.

eAsic confirmed they are developing a 28nm chip with VMC, so call the relationship as you want, that is all I'm interested of.

And btw, somestranger above me is right, I'm feeding trolls that are here only to spread FUD, and maybe buy cheap shares. Never seen anyone use so much efforts for something they are not interested

When did they do that? All I saw was that they said there were 'discussions'.  And yeah, ActiveMining is a eAsic customer, or at least hopes to me.    When I by dish soap at target that doesn't mean I have a "partnership" with Target.

matuszed

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:18:33 PM

Again, things that should not be covered under NDA:

Pin-outs and protocols for the FPGA that the asic is being modeled on.
PCB designs.
PCB fabrication and assembly deals.
Box assembly deals.
Facilities to host the miners.

KnC has an FPGA system where 4 FPGAs have can emulate one KnC chip exactly (except for the speed). You populate the board with FPGAs, and you can test everything about the board including cooling. Even if the 'deets' on the ASIC were locked down by NDA (which they're not) the original FPGA design should not be covered, since it was designed by Ken.

All of those things should be being worked on, and progress should be reported on.

Labcoin is a joke...good luck with the 130nm chip

Short squeeze?  Do you even know what that is?  It's when people who have short positions have to buy and the price spikes because of it.  But no one has short positions on ActiveMining, there aren't even any options available.

When did they do that? All I saw was that they said there were 'discussions'.  And yeah, ActiveMining is a eAsic customer, or at least hopes to me.    When I by dish soap at target that doesn't mean I have a "partnership" with Target.

Short squeeze, people show me the stock loan desk you get your borrows from, otherwise stop throwing around phrases you don't understand

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent." -Keynes
crumbs

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:19:05 PM

What the hell, eAsic is a fabless company and it is not intersted in buying stocks, bonds, shares or whatever else. eAsic only need to develop chips and they are good in that, so this is enough to make me confident for a good deal.

Whatchu be talking about, girlfriend? Hmmm?  
Concentrate.  This is what you're replying to.  Watch for the red font -- it's a hint Cheesy

I take promisesof Belize-registered virtual entities traded on a virtual exchange which explicitly tells me it's "for entertainment value only" with a grain of salt.  But that's just me.

If you can't pay attention, don't reply plox. Angry
Pompobit

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:24:57 PM

Whatchu be talking about, girlfriend? Hmmm?  
Concentrate.  This is what you're replying to.  Watch for the red font -- it's a hint Cheesy

If you can't pay attention, don't reply plox. Angry

I'm not talking about the evidence given by Ken. You don't trust him, we understood that. We are talking about evidence given by EASIC about a deal between them and VMC.
Or you don't even trust eAsic?
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 09:25:25 PM

I'm not talking about the evidence given by Ken. You don't trust him, we understood that. We are talking about evidence given by EASIC about a deal between them and VMC.

There's a reason his ignore button is so dark. Click it.

Although that said I've only seen evidence that there were 'discussions'

steveioio

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:27:40 PM

FIVE posts from this crumbs guy on the last page - I wonder how many he'll put on this one. Is he on medication?
physalis

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:28:33 PM

Now you're just spewing BS, Mabsark. eASIC is known for its quick turnaround time which is more like 4 weeks than 4 months in the grim picture you are painting. We'll have sample chips before October and you can quote me on this if I'm wrong.
Wow, calling that optimistic is putting it mildly...
Mid November at best. You can quote me on that if I'm wrong.
crumbs

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:35:24 PM

I'm beginning to understand -- you're trolling me.  K.
What does your trust in eAsic have to do with trusting that Ken will buy back shares at .0025?  Anything?  

If you are saying that ActM is somehow more reputable because Ken has talked to eAsic, you should stop.  That's absurd, and not in a good way.  You have absolutely no idea what the NDA covers, whether any money changed hands, or if the entirety of Ken's meeting with eAsic consisted of ... talking about shoes, i don't know -- more importantly, DO YOU? Angry
steveioio

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:38:50 PM

You have absolutely no idea what the NDA covers

I think most people have no idea what you are doing on this thread. Who is paying you to come on here?
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:39:27 PM

Now you're just spewing BS, Mabsark. eASIC is known for its quick turnaround time which is more like 4 weeks than 4 months in the grim picture you are painting. We'll have sample chips before October and you can quote me on this if I'm wrong.
Wow, calling that optimistic is putting it mildly...
Mid November at best. You can quote me on that if I'm wrong.

The funny thing is that Ken even stated how long chip production would take in the second post in this thread:

What are the current plans for chip development?
ActiveMining is in the process of gathering necessary funds for paying NRE costs on its 28nm chip. We hope these funds to be gathered soon, so that chip production can start as soon as possible. Estimated dates after NRE payment are:
  • Chip samples delivered in 9 weeks;
  • Low-volume chip production starting in 12 weeks, using an e-beam process;
  • Normal volume chip production starting in 16-18 weeks.

ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:11:34 PM

To deal with some more points brought up both by fudsters and those people who are replying to it.

I've already explained why an NDA can prevent some of the things mentioned here from being discussed, so to bring it up again is to spread FUD to affect share price.

eASIC have not said they are producing anything from VMC. That's a key thing we're waiting on.

No one here knows whether chips will be Sept, Oct or Nov. Any of you claiming otherwise are making it up for your own purposes. Please don't. That's something that has to come from Ken sooner or later.

Please stop replying to crumbs, pompo et al. All you're actually doing is spreading more fud as a result and once again making the thread useless. You're not doing anyone any favours by replying. Use your ignore list, that's what it's there for.

If you want to engage trolls, PM or use the speculation thread.
Pages: « 1 ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: