Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:34:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031115 times)
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:31:11 PM

Hi DI, If you, Vic and some other core members had a decent sized development pot I know you guys could do a lot for qrk. The super block is merely a time machine opportunity to provide qrk the funds it requires to compete with other well funded coins, the funds it should have had from the start. You guys can not work for nothing and why should people work to make others wealthy? ROI projects are the future, but we have to work towards that. I think a companion coin to qrk totally transparent with a development pot, run by core people here that have proven they have the talent and drive to get things done would be great. WC are looking at doing something similar but with an ipo you can only buy in with WC. QRK is one of my fav coins, and i think it has some the best people at the core, who really do think "bigger" than those in other crypto communities, they lack funding and time. You simply can't have these people held back like this and hoping they will be able to compete against people with huge resources.  If we had the ear of the investors and could provide them with great opportunities to get passive incomes from some outstanding services. They would love it.

It would just take somebody with influence like you or VIC to say okay wer're going to do this. Create an ANN, you would see a huge new wave of interest for qrk. This 3rd wave the biggest wave yet all missed out on mining qrk. This low price actually gives them a second chance at getting involved. I like a companion coin idea. If people want to see qrk remain pure with no changes to the coin....but many want full POS, ANON,  SMS, etc etc. The companion coin will give them all of that.

I was once part of an industry where many rejected change, said these changes were hype, fads, gimmicks, i too rejected these new changes. It was a BIG mistake. The old guard are there still, however their market share is about 1000th of what it could have been if they had jumped on the hype trains that took new players to super riches. Some of the largest players before are now tiny, although it was unthinkable they would ever be anything other than giants in the industry. This happened in a matter of a few years.

It is now or never for qrk. QRK will never die, but if you want to see it top 5 market cap. We need the outside investors more involved again and a core with some funds to work with or it will be a very slow progress from here.

Let's do it. The ipo companion coin way WC are considering getting some development funds together is quite interesting, may be more so that a sidechain or super block.

If we could just get everyone to donate to a huge pot so you guys could quit your jobs and work full time with qrk that would be great. However we know that is not going to happen.

I agree with a lot of what you say and i can say we have solutions in focus, just deciding on details, one thing i do want to address.

I am all about change and innovation, but we have to put it in context, Quark is a building block (even the name suggest it) the Brick has been the same for 1000's of years even if that Brick is 3d printed its still a brick you see?

so we can do "things" with the building blocks, we have the freedom, we always have , we just haven't been able to fully realize it.

some "features" have merit, but a lot of things derive from misunderstanding and lack of education , it really takes a lot of energy to fully understand this market.

this is why i have always focused on education, because when you are the one that has fundamentals on your side and you are not the scam , the job is simple, the opponents have to spend a lot of energy distracting or confusing people all we have to do is point them in the right direction, and fortunately people actually want to learn.

so i think we have a solution that can do a lot of what you are kind of pointing at and will be a great middle ground, we just have to work out means and details.

ATM Quark has some flaws and needs to be solved, it's POW but what's the point of having POW when it's not so mineable with only 1 qrk per block? Isn't mining made for securing the network? Shouldn't miners have to have a certain incentive to mine? I will tell you the reason why quark went down in price and it's the only reason: Because the block halving was done way too fast, it was a big fuck you to miners and Bitcoins model, i promise you if the halving would have been for years then Quark would be top 3 coin easily by now, maybe even top 2. These things should be solved first.

And i believe that you are not so open for adding new innovations to Quark. The Cryptonote whitepaper was linked here but nobody really cared, because the coders like max don't have any incentive to work for. Thats why Cryptohunter suggested to pay these guys to work for it, but a superblock could drive the prices down and i don't see how a companion coin would benefit Quark itsself.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 01:30:32 PM

ATM Quark has some flaws and needs to be solved, it's POW but what's the point of having POW when it's not so mineable with only 1 qrk per block? Isn't mining made for securing the network? Shouldn't miners have to have a certain incentive to mine? I will tell you the reason why quark went down in price and it's the only reason: Because the block halving was done way too fast, it was a big fuck you to miners and Bitcoins model, i promise you if the halving would have been for years then Quark would be top 3 coin easily by now, maybe even top 2. These things should be solved first.

And i believe that you are not so open for adding new innovations to Quark. The Cryptonote whitepaper was linked here but nobody really cared, because the coders like max don't have any incentive to work for. Thats why Cryptohunter suggested to pay these guys to work for it, but a superblock could drive the prices down and i don't see how a companion coin would benefit Quark itsself.

to a degree it was "a big fuck you to miners" - however it was a  big "Fuck you" to monopoly ownership also, if in the right context - the long distro model based on halving in 4 years lends its self to monopoly every time, show me where it hasn't ?

I can totally excuse the Bitcoin model UP until it can't be mined, so to make that clear - the first of a first aspect is fair game for the early adopters and all of that is beautiful equilibrium etc, however the back half (past 4 year halving 50%) not being able to be mined by the public is a grievous flaw - its not a scam, as most Crypto are now , but it is very flawed.

so you see, there are always + and -  what a smart navigator has to do is find out which one is the better in the longer to medium term.

i have looked at cryptonote , whats it bring to crypto ?  what will it bring to Quark ? ring signatures?

I really don't finds that very urgent, maybe when the NSA brownshirts are literally hacking our systems(well) and breaking down our doors?

in fact the public of crypto is 50/50 on Anon - with lots of people seeing it as just another scam that will impede integration, i'm not that far in opinion , but i do find concerning the fact that any attacker can completely hide their tracks.  

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 01:35:52 PM

the only time i would advocate Ring signatures is if its optional , i.e a tick box that say "pay this fee and make this transaction have "ring signatures" - i.e this is effectively a "third party" aspect so again we move back to the "Quark building block" effect.

in many ways i have learned that from Max - even when people were getting excited and jumping up and down at the latest scam, why mess with the protocol its  beautiful piece of engineering the 9 hash that max designed, the fast distrro and other factors make it a once of a life time event.

we are certainly not going to start making fundamental changes in this respect, however there are solutions as i have already said. and when we know more we will announce them.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
reRaise

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:36:32 PM

to a degree it was "a big fuck you to miners" - however it was a  big "Fuck you" to monopoly ownership also, if in the right context - the long distro model based on halving in 4 years lends its self to monopoly every time, show me where it hasn't ?

so you see, there are always + and -  what a smart navigator has to do is find out which one is the better in the longer to medium term.

i have looked at cryptonote , whats it bring to crypto ?  what will it bring to Quark ? ring signatures?

I really don't finds that very urgent, maybe when the NSA brownshirts are literally hacking our systems(well) and breaking down our doors?

in fact the public of crypto is 50/50 on Anon - with lots of people seeing it as just another scam that will impede integration, i'm not that far in opinion , but i do find concerning the fact that any attacker can completely hide their tracks.  

But trying to fight Bitcoins model is a losing battle, as you have seen what it did. If you want to do that then rapid block halving is not the way to do it, because it has more cons than pros. One thing i have learned from the guy with 26 years trading experience and currently s&p trader is that you have to follow the masses. If Quarks block halving would have been similar to Bitcoins it would have been top 3 coin. Monopoly will be always there even now with quark. Cryptonote was an example, i mean quark should be more eager for new promising techs. I am all in favor with Quarks model if it wouldn't have created the current issues. If you can solve them than my hats off to you
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 01:44:00 PM

But trying to fight Bitcoins model is a losing battle, as you have seen what it did. If you want to do that then rapid block halving is not the way to do it, because it has more cons than pros. One thing i have learned from the guy with 26 years trading experience and currently s&p trader is that you have to follow the masses. If Quarks block halving would have been similar to Bitcoins it would have been top 3 coin. Monopoly will be always there even now with quark. Cryptonote was an example, i mean quark should be more eager for new promising techs

no i see it complete opposite, we have a few perceived issues that are solvable, the Bitcoin model is fundamentally flawed, you only see price and cap - but thats not the whole story, this game hasn't been played out yet.

Quark can be 100% keen for new promising techs - but that doesn't mean Quark changes the protocol, do you understand what i'm saying ?

No Quark can never be fully monopolized its just a matter of fact.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 01:45:21 PM

Can someone give me an update?

Is a fork planned in the future? Or is this just a rumour.

Why the need for a fork? Forks are a bad idea, unless there is a grave error in the coin.

No, not any time soon is there going to be a fork. We've discussed a number of things with our developers and although there was some thought of converting to POS, that has been scrapped for the time being, as current POS implementation requires nearly daily involvement by developers.

Hi all, first of all I'm new here. I have been following this thread closely ever since I got into quark but never register until this weekend. I think quark is fine the way it is. Except for the name, I think overall in terms of security and speed, it doesn't need overhaul. Speed is obviously the strong point. Based on this fundamental,  I decide to increase my holding to few hundreds. Not much but I have plans to increase size of my holding further. Never mind about the price as I hold quark not be because of speculative reason or driven by the obsession to become rich one day but I hold on to it because it has future and the unique coding is nevertheless the main reason. Hope to see it become an important medium of exchange one day

reRaise

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 01:48:01 PM

But trying to fight Bitcoins model is a losing battle, as you have seen what it did. If you want to do that then rapid block halving is not the way to do it, because it has more cons than pros. One thing i have learned from the guy with 26 years trading experience and currently s&p trader is that you have to follow the masses. If Quarks block halving would have been similar to Bitcoins it would have been top 3 coin. Monopoly will be always there even now with quark. Cryptonote was an example, i mean quark should be more eager for new promising techs

no i see it complete opposite, we have a few perceived issues that are solvable, the Bitcoin model is fundamentally flawed, you only see price and cap - but thats not the whole story, this game hasn't been played out yet.

Quark can be 100% keen for new promising techs - but that doesn't mean Quark changes the protocol, do you understand what i'm saying ?

No Quark can never be fully monopolized its just a matter of fact.

But what about the incentive for miners and it's security? The quick halving has also it's cons. On a side note lets say Quarks price shoots up wouldn't people with huge hashpower be the same as mining monopoly. It doesn't have to be asics per se right?
mcphervi

Activity: 359

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:02:49 PM

Hi DI, If you, Vic and some other core members had a decent sized development pot I know you guys could do a lot for qrk. The super block is merely a time machine opportunity to provide qrk the funds it requires to compete with other well funded coins, the funds it should have had from the start. You guys can not work for nothing and why should people work to make others wealthy? ROI projects are the future, but we have to work towards that. I think a companion coin to qrk totally transparent with a development pot, run by core people here that have proven they have the talent and drive to get things done would be great. WC are looking at doing something similar but with an ipo you can only buy in with WC. QRK is one of my fav coins, and i think it has some the best people at the core, who really do think "bigger" than those in other crypto communities, they lack funding and time. You simply can't have these people held back like this and hoping they will be able to compete against people with huge resources.  If we had the ear of the investors and could provide them with great opportunities to get passive incomes from some outstanding services. They would love it.

It would just take somebody with influence like you or VIC to say okay wer're going to do this. Create an ANN, you would see a huge new wave of interest for qrk. This 3rd wave the biggest wave yet all missed out on mining qrk. This low price actually gives them a second chance at getting involved. I like a companion coin idea. If people want to see qrk remain pure with no changes to the coin....but many want full POS, ANON,  SMS, etc etc. The companion coin will give them all of that.

I was once part of an industry where many rejected change, said these changes were hype, fads, gimmicks, i too rejected these new changes. It was a BIG mistake. The old guard are there still, however their market share is about 1000th of what it could have been if they had jumped on the hype trains that took new players to super riches. Some of the largest players before are now tiny, although it was unthinkable they would ever be anything other than giants in the industry. This happened in a matter of a few years.

It is now or never for qrk. QRK will never die, but if you want to see it top 5 market cap. We need the outside investors more involved again and a core with some funds to work with or it will be a very slow progress from here.

Let's do it. The ipo companion coin way WC are considering getting some development funds together is quite interesting, may be more so that a sidechain or super block.

If we could just get everyone to donate to a huge pot so you guys could quit your jobs and work full time with qrk that would be great. However we know that is not going to happen.

I agree with a lot of what you say and i can say we have solutions in focus, just deciding on details, one thing i do want to address.

I am all about change and innovation, but we have to put it in context, Quark is a building block (even the name suggest it) the Brick has been the same for 1000's of years even if that Brick is 3d printed its still a brick you see?

so we can do "things" with the building blocks, we have the freedom, we always have , we just haven't been able to fully realize it.

some "features" have merit, but a lot of things derive from misunderstanding and lack of education , it really takes a lot of energy to fully understand this market.

this is why i have always focused on education, because when you are the one that has fundamentals on your side and you are not the scam , the job is simple, the opponents have to spend a lot of energy distracting or confusing people all we have to do is point them in the right direction, and fortunately people actually want to learn.

so i think we have a solution that can do a lot of what you are kind of pointing at and will be a great middle ground, we just have to work out means and details.

Hey reraise,
I'm away from home right now so following on my phone - difficult to fully weigh in. However - I personally would like ring signatures as an optional thing for a companion coin. I do think that 3rd party implementation of some things could work too for anon - however we do need, exactly as you say, to start creating incentive for development and mining again, as well as giving some development funding and a stake for our developers.

Also - there are a tonne of emails and discussion behind the scenes not visible on the forum. The reason we didn't immediately jump on the crypto note topic here is that it has already been discussed.

My point stands though - for a companion coin - how do we keep it from directly competing with Quark? I have ideas on this but what do others think?

Vic
reRaise

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:13:13 PM

Hey reraise,
I'm away from home right now so following on my phone - difficult to fully weigh in. However - I personally would like ring signatures as an optional thing for a companion coin. I do think that 3rd party implementation of some things could work too for anon - however we do need, exactly as you say, to start creating incentive for development and mining again, as well as giving some development funding and a stake for our developers.

Also - there are a tonne of emails and discussion behind the scenes not visible on the forum. The reason we didn't immediately jump on the crypto note topic here is that it has already been discussed.

My point stands though - for a companion coin - how do we keep it from directly competing with Quark? I have ideas on this but what do others think?

Vic

Thanks Vic understandable.

Will a companion coin have any benefits to quark, or is it another alt not related to it in any way?

I remember vertcoin making monocle and it didn't really do much. Wouldn't a companion coin drive people away from the main coin which in this case is quark?
digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 02:40:33 PM

Why the need for a fork? Forks are a bad idea, unless there is a grave error in the coin.

No, not any time soon is there going to be a fork. We've discussed a number of things with our developers and although there was some thought of converting to POS, that has been scrapped for the time being, as current POS implementation requires nearly daily involvement by developers.

Hi all, first of all I'm new here. I have been following this thread closely ever since I got into quark but never register until this weekend. I think quark is fine the way it is. Except for the name, I think overall in terms of security and speed, it doesn't need overhaul. Speed is obviously the strong point. Based on this fundamental,  I decide to increase my holding to few hundreds. Not much but I have plans to increase size of my holding further. Never mind about the price as I hold quark not be because of speculative reason or driven by the obsession to become rich one day but I hold on to it because it has future and the unique coding is nevertheless the main reason. Hope to see it become an important medium of exchange one day

great to see new people - in its correct place i think "Quark" is a great name - "quarkcoin" defeats the purpose and make it sound backwards - its not a "coin" and has had nothing to do with "coin" that's why i'm intending on changing the Reddit also - but maybe we can do that later.

i'm sure people will keep calling it that but that's fine as well, as it will just push the meme .

just a word on this - i hope you newer people realize that this is something special and unique, you guys are here in at the start, the "crypto community"  is broadly split into a handful of coders and scammers, (excluding Banking agencies) (which don't really count) us in this community make crypto what it is, you are officially a part of larger structure and we will help to a degree change the world.

that's worth something, its easy to be a sleazy scammer or a Bank Agent all you have to do is interview well and pass a few psychology tests, its much harder to learn a new system and contribute to society.

harder again is educating new people, but as mention before time and many other vectors are on our side.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 03:22:36 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 04:19:05 PM by Q7

great to see new people - in its correct place i think "Quark" is a great name - "quarkcoin" defeats the purpose and make it sound backwards - its not a "coin" and has had nothing to do with "coin" that's why i'm intending on changing the Reddit also - but maybe we can do that later.

i'm sure people will keep calling it that but that's fine as well, as it will just push the meme .

just a word on this - i hope you newer people realize that this is something special and unique, you guys are here in at the start, the "crypto community"  is broadly split into a handful of coders and scammers, (excluding Banking agencies) (which don't really count) us in this community make crypto what it is, you are officially a part of larger structure and we will help to a degree change the world.

that's worth something, its easy to be a sleazy scammer or a Bank Agent all you have to do is interview well and pass a few psychology tests, its much harder to learn a new system and contribute to society.

harder again is educating new people, but as mention before time and many other vectors are on our side.

It is indeed special. Quark is special...  no doubt on this statement.  But what worries me when I read past few pages about the intended changes, it gets me worried. The proposed fork, companion coin, superblock... not sure how it would help. It just devalues the coin and plunge it further into oblivion. Instead of worshipping complexity, have we given a thought about the fundamental of valuation itself. What I mean is marketing, acceptance , if you go to a mechanic and ask for oil change and you offer the guy 800 quarks for that service ... and he thought  hey I could get 2 weeks of grocery with the shop down the street willing to provide the goods for that 800 quarks. As this goes along valuation will change. What I still believe here is acceptance and have we ... us as a community work on this aspect in the first place? Sorry about the rambling but I believe every quark holder whether a few tiny bits or even hundreds has the right to opinion. Every one who owns is a shareholder and entitled to an opinion.  Like I said I believe in the codes and for that willing to go further on my holdings but after hearing the proposed changes it does give me the doubt. I hope I've made my point here and thanks to digitalindustry for the welcome notes. Cheers

** just to add a few. I believe on working on towards long term approach. Getting investors probably might not be a good idea because when the price is right, it's time to dump. Yeah it will inflate the price but it is not sustainable. Quark deserves better treatment than this. Fact is I don't look at it as investment tool but more towards medium of exchange. To add... i'm doing my part on the marketing. I tell my friends what makes quark special (hope it still stays that way without the change). I give some to my relative to test out. And they were impressed when compared to other coins.  Cheesy Wink

digitalindustry

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 07:49:22 PM

just a word on this - i hope you newer people realize that this is something special and unique, you guys are here in at the start, the "crypto community"  is broadly split into a handful of coders and scammers, (excluding Banking agencies) (which don't really count) us in this community make crypto what it is, you are officially a part of larger structure and we will help to a degree change the world.

It is indeed special. Quark is special...  no doubt on this statement.  But what worries me when I read past few pages about the intended changes, it gets me worried. The proposed fork, companion coin, superblock... not sure how it would help. It just devalues the coin and plunge it further into oblivion. Instead of worshipping complexity, have we given a thought about the fundamental of valuation itself. What I mean is marketing, acceptance , if you go to a mechanic and ask for oil change and you offer the guy 800 quarks for that service ... and he thought  hey I could get 2 weeks of grocery with the shop down the street willing to provide the goods for that 800 quarks. As this goes along valuation will change. What I still believe here is acceptance and have we ... us as a community work on this aspect in the first place? Sorry about the rambling but I believe every quark holder whether a few tiny bits or even hundreds has the right to opinion. Every one who owns is a shareholder and entitled to an opinion.  Like I said I believe in the codes and for that willing to go further on my holdings but after hearing the proposed changes it does give me the doubt. I hope I've made my point here and thanks to digitalindustry for the welcome notes. Cheers

** just to add a few. I believe on working on towards long term approach. Getting investors probably might not be a good idea because when the price is right, it's time to dump. Yeah it will inflate the price but it is not sustainable. Quark deserves better treatment than this. Fact is I don't look at it as investment tool but more towards medium of exchange. To add... i'm doing my part on the marketing. I tell my friends what makes quark special (hope it still stays that way without the change). I give some to my relative to test out. And they were impressed when compared to other coins.  Cheesy Wink

Thanks for the comments - indeed we will not do anything radical or fundamentally stupid like PoS - i hope you like our solutions when they come. : )

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
mcphervi

Activity: 359

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:44:14 PM

Hey reraise,

Vic

Thanks Vic understandable.

Will a companion coin have any benefits to quark, or is it another alt not related to it in any way?

I remember vertcoin making monocle and it didn't really do much. Wouldn't a companion coin drive people away from the main coin which in this case is quark?

Yeah, so avoiding a shunt away from Quark is kinda the crux of the issue on this one. Monocle is an interesting thing to bring up - that coin offered nothing distinct from Vert.

Any ideas to prevent this from anyone?
ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:59:15 PM

Kolin,
 Good to hear from you. The conversation is nice to see. What solutions are you proposing and when do you believe implementation will occur?

YC

Thanks for the comments - indeed we will not do anything radical or fundamentally stupid like PoS - i hope you like our solutions when they come. : )
maok

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:48:53 AM

can you add a 4-6 digit password on the qrk mobile wallet for essential operations ?

QRKHn6UK3ToS53V6jD1rYWRYS4mxQ1mako
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀▄▀▄▀ Quark core wallet updates  ▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
reRaise

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:18:58 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 03:25:16 PM by reRaise

Can you give us some details about these solutions?
Coinmama2014

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:58:42 PM

can you add a 4-6 digit password on the qrk mobile wallet for essential operations ?

Did you mean for sending coins? Right now the app is designed such that you are prompted for a password when backing up private keys- As a word of caution, you should really only be keeping small amounts of Quark on your mobile device to begin with, for day to day transactions, etc (much as you would in keeping cash in your pocket when you leave the house). Also, its good to have a password on the phone itself, in case someone picks it up obviously- Meanwhile I will ask Hash Engineering on your question- and you can also ask him any pressing questions on these threads which he follows: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=468594.0 OR https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215,

Coinmama: Kiss Kiss
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:27:58 PM

Great to see DI , VIC and some others back on the thread discussing things.

Even though sadly DI is seems is set against radical change for QRK, at a time i really believe it is needed. However, yes, i appreciate on here there are some people whom have a deeper understanding of things and can see perhaps more long term.

Firstly though the name. I love the name quark, i don't think we should even consider changing it. To be it is the best name of any alt coin. I of course prefer it to bitcoin too.

Let us focus on one thing first and thrash out all possible negatives and positives of the companion coin since i see the core members seem very anti superblock or features being coded into qrk itself. For me the super block is used correctly could have been great for qrk. However, let's let that drop for now.

The companion coin - what can it achieve and is it even part of QRK?

There are different ways it can be born.

A -It is a sidechain of qrk - with 10-20% greater minting (the development pot)

- could have anon,pos, all made of gadgets features and gimmicks - and i can tell you these must not be underestimated to draw in new interest in terms of investment and activity. A lot of very smart people sit there scratching their heads wondering why their projects which are clearly superior fail against lesser projects.

It would create a funding pot for this coin - every bit of work done on it can clearly be transferred and used on qrk if found to be very desirable or beneficial. It is kind of like a free R and D project for qrk. Every bit of marketing paid for from this development pot can benefit qrk also. Projects and services for this coin can be replicated or enabled to accept qrk. Even if it was not hard linked to qrk forever it would give a lot of great things to qrk and be no more competition than any other alt out there. To claim it the QRK holders outside of qrk that have even perhaps forgotten they own qrk could be induced to come back to qrks forum and register getting involved with the qrk community to get their new companion coin released to them over time, and also an incentive to keep their qrk.

I see zero negatives for the companion coin - it can not detract from qrk if done correctly.

B - The ipo companion - the companioin coin is only available to purchase in QRK.

This way i didn't like at first. However the more i thought about it the more i realised it has a lot of merit to it.  People will need to buy QRK to purchase the new coin directly from the companion coin dev team ( this should be obviously the qrk dev team)  so they are funding the qrk dev team directly. These funds should all go into a development pot to fund and give incentive for full time work and time put into qrk and the new companion coin. The companion coin of course could still have a development pot coded in say 2-5%. Anything reasonable will be accepted if it was held by the qrk foundation or companion foundation and held in public wallets with ledgers for where the coins were spent. Nobody now grudges devs taking coins for doing work. The ipo version though would need to be top of it's class in terms of what people now want ...if they are wrong to want it makes no difference they fact they do want it is enough to mean you are missing out on a lot by not giving it to them.

I would love to see an actual list of positives and negatives regarding the companion coin. I can think of zero negatives at all. Detracting from qrk means nothing. There are 300 alts doing this now hence why qrk is not a top 5 coin. However this companion coin will give a LOT back to quark and it's community. It solves a lot of the issues qrk is facing with zero negatives. Can't ask for more than that. However if someone can point out some real negative impact for qrk here that would be both interesting and helpful.

The end goal is hundreds or more ROI projects and services for qrk holders and investors.

There are still just say 4 or 5 people discussing our future here, where are the other few 1000?

Personally i favour the superblock over companion coin - i just see think if managed correctly it could have such great benefits for such minor risk. However, that does not seem popular so let's thrash out the companion coin idea in detail first.

Even if none of it happens it is good to see some debate and life back in the qrk thread. Let's get another few 100 people back on here then get the ROI projects and services going Smiley

maok

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 04:01:04 PM

Did you mean for sending coins? Right now the app is designed such that you are prompted for a password when backing up private keys- As a word of caution, you should really only be keeping small amounts of Quark on your mobile device to begin with, for day to day transactions, etc (much as you would in keeping cash in your pocket when you leave the house). Also, its good to have a password on the phone itself, in case someone picks it up obviously- Meanwhile I will ask Hash Engineering on your question- and you can also ask him any pressing questions on these threads which he follows: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=468594.0 OR https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215,
yes for send operation, like blockchain app which doesn't lets you inside the wallet without a 4 digit pin which is checked at their server and if you try for 2-3 times they ask you for the web wallet password, or mycelium which requires a 6 digit pin when sending payments. In case you lose your phone and they can decode it your wallets remain safe with that extra pin even if you don't have lots of quarks inside your wallet. By the time they decrypt your wallets you can sweep the coins from the backup wallets.

QRKHn6UK3ToS53V6jD1rYWRYS4mxQ1mako
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀▄▀▄▀ Quark core wallet updates  ▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
reRaise

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:00:19 PM

Any update on the shaq perks? Looking forward to it
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: