Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 03:03:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031115 times)
Coinmama2014

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:21:03 PM

can you add a 4-6 digit password on the qrk mobile wallet for essential operations ?

Did you mean for sending coins? Right now the app is designed such that you are prompted for a password when backing up private keys- As a word of caution, you should really only be keeping small amounts of Quark on your mobile device to begin with, for day to day transactions, etc (much as you would in keeping cash in your pocket when you leave the house). Also, its good to have a password on the phone itself, in case someone picks it up obviously- Meanwhile I will ask Hash Engineering on your question- and you can also ask him any pressing questions on these threads which he follows: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=468594.0 OR https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215,
yes for send operation, like blockchain app which doesn't lets you inside the wallet without a 4 digit pin which is checked at their server and if you try for 2-3 times they ask you for the web wallet password, or mycelium which requires a 6 digit pin when sending payments. In case you lose your phone and they can decode it your wallets remain safe with that extra pin even if you don't have lots of quarks inside your wallet. By the time they decrypt your wallets you can sweep the coins from the backup wallets.
Hi Maok,
I did message Hash Engineering on this question.
Great points to bring up, I agree that this would be a desirable feature- It think this would certainly be something crucial to have, especially when QRK grows in value. I am not sure why it is not yet a feature on the Schildbach Bitcoin wallet, as this would seem pretty important- At the very least it should be an option.

Coinmama: Kiss Kiss
Coinmama2014

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:38:44 PM

Great to see DI , VIC and some others back on the thread discussing things.

Even though sadly DI is seems is set against radical change for QRK, at a time i really believe it is needed. However, yes, i appreciate on here there are some people whom have a deeper understanding of things and can see perhaps more long term.

Firstly though the name. I love the name quark, i don't think we should even consider changing it. To be it is the best name of any alt coin. I of course prefer it to bitcoin too.

Let us focus on one thing first and thrash out all possible negatives and positives of the companion coin since i see the core members seem very anti superblock or features being coded into qrk itself. For me the super block is used correctly could have been great for qrk. However, let's let that drop for now.

The companion coin - what can it achieve and is it even part of QRK?

There are different ways it can be born.

A -It is a sidechain of qrk - with 10-20% greater minting (the development pot)

- could have anon,pos, all made of gadgets features and gimmicks - and i can tell you these must not be underestimated to draw in new interest in terms of investment and activity. A lot of very smart people sit there scratching their heads wondering why their projects which are clearly superior fail against lesser projects.

It would create a funding pot for this coin - every bit of work done on it can clearly be transferred and used on qrk if found to be very desirable or beneficial. It is kind of like a free R and D project for qrk. Every bit of marketing paid for from this development pot can benefit qrk also. Projects and services for this coin can be replicated or enabled to accept qrk. Even if it was not hard linked to qrk forever it would give a lot of great things to qrk and be no more competition than any other alt out there. To claim it the QRK holders outside of qrk that have even perhaps forgotten they own qrk could be induced to come back to qrks forum and register getting involved with the qrk community to get their new companion coin released to them over time, and also an incentive to keep their qrk.

I see zero negatives for the companion coin - it can not detract from qrk if done correctly.

B - The ipo companion - the companioin coin is only available to purchase in QRK.

This way i didn't like at first. However the more i thought about it the more i realised it has a lot of merit to it.  People will need to buy QRK to purchase the new coin directly from the companion coin dev team ( this should be obviously the qrk dev team)  so they are funding the qrk dev team directly. These funds should all go into a development pot to fund and give incentive for full time work and time put into qrk and the new companion coin. The companion coin of course could still have a development pot coded in say 2-5%. Anything reasonable will be accepted if it was held by the qrk foundation or companion foundation and held in public wallets with ledgers for where the coins were spent. Nobody now grudges devs taking coins for doing work. The ipo version though would need to be top of it's class in terms of what people now want ...if they are wrong to want it makes no difference they fact they do want it is enough to mean you are missing out on a lot by not giving it to them.

I would love to see an actual list of positives and negatives regarding the companion coin. I can think of zero negatives at all. Detracting from qrk means nothing. There are 300 alts doing this now hence why qrk is not a top 5 coin. However this companion coin will give a LOT back to quark and it's community. It solves a lot of the issues qrk is facing with zero negatives. Can't ask for more than that. However if someone can point out some real negative impact for qrk here that would be both interesting and helpful.

The end goal is hundreds or more ROI projects and services for qrk holders and investors.

There are still just say 4 or 5 people discussing our future here, where are the other few 1000?

Personally i favour the superblock over companion coin - i just see think if managed correctly it could have such great benefits for such minor risk. However, that does not seem popular so let's thrash out the companion coin idea in detail first.

Even if none of it happens it is good to see some debate and life back in the qrk thread. Let's get another few 100 people back on here then get the ROI projects and services going Smiley

Cryptohunter,
I want to thank you for all the time, effort and energy you are placing into your proposals and keeping this thread and discussions going- I personally am not against the idea of a superblock concept per se, if it had been a part of the original design of a coin..However I think that forking Quark's code to place the superblock and thererfore change the original idea/inflation model is not the way to go and may create more negative attention/mistrust for Quark than anything.

The idea of a companion coin to Quark is somewhat appealing, if there were a way to help boost the hashrate (the only real issue for Quark), without creating a fork- while also offering features that Quark supporters might like to see, as well as a development fund for projects - This is why I was asking you to lay out what this might look like, say if the anon features/superblock were added to a companion coin..Is it not possible to accomplish this without affecting Quarks code itself?- Quark itself should remain untouched.
Therefore I tend to lean toward your option A if something could be worked out, that would have no changes to Quark code itself.

maok

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:43:44 PM

can you add a 4-6 digit password on the qrk mobile wallet for essential operations ?

Did you mean for sending coins? Right now the app is designed such that you are prompted for a password when backing up private keys- As a word of caution, you should really only be keeping small amounts of Quark on your mobile device to begin with, for day to day transactions, etc (much as you would in keeping cash in your pocket when you leave the house). Also, its good to have a password on the phone itself, in case someone picks it up obviously- Meanwhile I will ask Hash Engineering on your question- and you can also ask him any pressing questions on these threads which he follows: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=468594.0 OR https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215,
yes for send operation, like blockchain app which doesn't lets you inside the wallet without a 4 digit pin which is checked at their server and if you try for 2-3 times they ask you for the web wallet password, or mycelium which requires a 6 digit pin when sending payments. In case you lose your phone and they can decode it your wallets remain safe with that extra pin even if you don't have lots of quarks inside your wallet. By the time they decrypt your wallets you can sweep the coins from the backup wallets.
Hi Maok,
Great points to bring up, I agree that this would be a desirable feature- It think this would certainly be something crucial to have, especially when QRK grows in value. I am not sure why it is not yet a feature on the Schildbach Bitcoin wallet, as this would seem pretty important- At the very least it should be an option.

I don't know why it isn't included in the original bitcoin mobile wallet but yea it should be an option. Thanks for passing this question thats nice, do you know if the donation address listed on the mobile app is going to the developers directly ? I wish to make a small contribution to the dev team if it helps

QRKHn6UK3ToS53V6jD1rYWRYS4mxQ1mako
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀▄▀▄▀ Quark core wallet updates  ▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Coinmama2014

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:08:10 PM

Hi Maok,

I don't know why it isn't included in the original bitcoin mobile wallet but yea it should be an option. Thanks for passing this question thats nice, do you know if the donation address listed on the mobile app is going to the developers directly ? I wish to make a small contribution to the dev team if it helps

Yes that would be very nice- That is also the address to which I sent the remainder of the Bounty for the creation of the wallet, in case anyone sees the amount on there for 7500- He was paid in total only 15k Quarks for this project, and his dedication(he is still working on it, but it is almost complete now) has been inspiring. He is basically a one man show, and really seems to love his work Grin. It is humbling for me to see this...

Also(for peoples general reference here)- Hash Engineering (or anyone) can be tipped on the fabulous Facebook tipping app as well- https://apps.facebook.com/wpmultitipping/
A Quark member of Facebook asked him to join so he could get some additional appreciation there as well:)
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006287205245&fref=ts

EDIT: On the dedication(Again this is for all members to see this as I don't believe I posted on this thread previously about this), Here is the link for his work with some of our other Quark Community members on our Trello Board for the splash screen alone(aside from the app features itself, which is spread out over 5 threads since January): https://trello.com/c/TzKHZdbq

ycagel

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:12:22 PM

Check this out:

Vericoin: The Altcoin You Can Spend Wherever Bitcoin is Accepted
Stan Higgins | Published on June 27, 2014 at 21:51 BST

Vericoin has launched an innovative and potentially game-changing approach to gaining merchant acceptance that could shake up the altcoin world should the service gain broader usage.

Launched in May, vericoin is a proof-of-stake altcoin that features a variable interest rate which fluctuates depending on how many coins are staking. As more coins are used to stake and support the network, the interest rate climbs.

One of the ways in which alternative digital currencies seek a broader audience is through expanding merchant acceptance. Companies like Coinkite and CoinPayments.net enable payments in altcoins, but it remains unclear exactly how successful these efforts have been at expanding the number of merchants that take alternative digital currencies as a payment method.

To date, roadblocks have emerged owing to the infrastructure an altcoin needs to be accepted by merchants and the varied willingness on the part of these businesses to accept a potentially volatile digital currency.

Enter VeriBit

Vericoin sidesteps these obstacles entirely with VeriBit, a value-added service to the network that enables people to make smaller bitcoin purchases with their vericoin. VeriBit acts as a go-through for vericoin spenders, facilitating purchases for consumers at any business that accepts bitcoin.

This new service opens up the tens of thousands of merchants currently accepting bitcoin to consumers who wish to use vericoin.

CoinDesk spoke with co-creator Patrick Nosker, who said that prior to a feature like VeriBit, those who wanted to use an altcoin to make a payment had to exchange a set amount for bitcoin. But, because of factors such as exchange fees and the natural volatility of a marketplace, consumers face the real risk of losing value prior to making their purchase.

Nosker said:

“It’s not very simple for a beginner. So what we made is a transaction layer between exchanges and the user.”

VeriBit is geared toward smaller transactions rather than large ones. Currently, there is a spending limit of 0.15 BTC (roughly $87 at press time), though according to Nosker, this cap is expected to rise in the future.

How VeriBit works

VeriBit is designed to be a user-friendly way to pay for bitcoin purchases using vericoin. The vericoin development team acts as a payments processor for these transactions, operating one wallet for vericoin to be deposited into by a paying consumer and another one that pays out to the payment destination in bitcoin.

VeriBit

To make a payment, you first enter the address you want to send bitcoin to and how much BTC you wish to transfer. After you’ve entered in the information, VeriBit calculates how much vericoin you need to send, plus a 2 VRC transaction fee.

You then have 20 minutes to send your vericoins to the address, after which the wallet operators – currently the vericoin development team – complete the transaction and send out the BTC to its destination.

According to Nosker, the feature stays funded through donations and the exchange of vericoin fees for more bitcoin. He said that VeriBit was developed largely to build more services into the network rather than make money off of user transactions, saying:

“We didn’t want to get into the exchange business or make tons of money doing this. It’s really just to make vericoin usable immediately. [The fee] just covers the cost of doing it.”

Ultimately, he said, the goal is to create an incentive for consumers to use an altcoin by allowing them to spend it wherever bitcoin is accepted.

Vericoin’s anonymity service

In addition to VeriBit, the vericoin team has also developed several other services that appeal to both mainstream consumers and more seasoned altcoin users.

One of the major forces in altcoin at this time is the anonymous transaction movement. This cluster of altcoin projects, led by projects like darkcoin and XC, focuses on anonymizing transactions to render them invisible to detection efforts.

Nosker noted that anonymity, by and large, is not a feature that appeals to most people. But in acknowledgement of demand for such functionality, the team produced a tool to hide transations though it stopped short of instituting it across the vericoin network.

VeriSend

VeriSend is a transaction-mixing service that, for a fee, scrambles vericoin transfers and makes them harder – but not impossible, Nosker clarified – to detect.

He added that the vericoin team at one point looked into creating a standard anonymizing system, but ultimately passed on integrating one.

In the future, VeriSend will be added to the alt’s wallet, at which time users can opt to use VeriSend or not.

Text-based management

Another vericoin-based service, VeriSMS, functions as text-based gateway and wallet system that links the cell network to the vericoin network. Vericoin users can load vericoins onto this wallet and use the SMS network to make transactions.

VeriSMS works on an international level. According to the VeriSMS webpage, there are a variety of gateway numbers that can be used in the US, Europe and Asia.

The service offers three commands to users. The balance feature can be used to actually create a wallet address and later utilized to check the amounts currently deposited. Users can type in addresses to send transactions and set passwords for their wallet. This creates a simple security feature should a person’s phone be compromised.

Nosker cautioned that VeriSMS remains in the alpha stage, and that there are risks to using it, telling CoinDesk:

“It’s not perfect. We’re still ironing out bugs with it.”

Nosker added that the team is exploring other projects, including one that could facilitate vericoin-to-fiat transactions, that tie in to the ultimate goal of making an altcoin that is as consumer-friendly as it is functional.
Coinmama2014

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:30:51 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 06:42:51 PM by Coinmama2014

Hmm YC this was recently posted on the Reddit as well!:
http://coinjoint.info/vericoin-releases-veribit-making-seamless-bitcoin-payments-reality/
The whole thing seems interesting and something that should be looked at a little more in depth..

Coinmama2014

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:02:11 PM

By the way, I just noticed that there is no link to our Merchants page on the top of this thread- http://www.qrk.cc/merchants/
How come?

reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:56:39 PM

Can someone give me an update?

Is a fork planned in the future? Or is this just a rumour.

Why the need for a fork? Forks are a bad idea, unless there is a grave error in the coin.

No, not any time soon is there going to be a fork. We've discussed a number of things with our developers and although there was some thought of converting to POS, that has been scrapped for the time being, as current POS implementation requires nearly daily involvement by developers.

Hi all, first of all I'm new here. I have been following this thread closely ever since I got into quark but never register until this weekend. I think quark is fine the way it is. Except for the name, I think overall in terms of security and speed, it doesn't need overhaul. Speed is obviously the strong point. Based on this fundamental,  I decide to increase my holding to few hundreds. Not much but I have plans to increase size of my holding further. Never mind about the price as I hold quark not be because of speculative reason or driven by the obsession to become rich one day but I hold on to it because it has future and the unique coding is nevertheless the main reason. Hope to see it become an important medium of exchange one day

great to see new people - in its correct place i think "Quark" is a great name - "quarkcoin" defeats the purpose and make it sound backwards - its not a "coin" and has had nothing to do with "coin" that's why i'm intending on changing the Reddit also - but maybe we can do that later.

i'm sure people will keep calling it that but that's fine as well, as it will just push the meme .

just a word on this - i hope you newer people realize that this is something special and unique, you guys are here in at the start, the "crypto community"  is broadly split into a handful of coders and scammers, (excluding Banking agencies) (which don't really count) us in this community make crypto what it is, you are officially a part of larger structure and we will help to a degree change the world.

that's worth something, its easy to be a sleazy scammer or a Bank Agent all you have to do is interview well and pass a few psychology tests, its much harder to learn a new system and contribute to society.

harder again is educating new people, but as mention before time and many other vectors are on our side.

It is indeed special. Quark is special...  no doubt on this statement.  But what worries me when I read past few pages about the intended changes, it gets me worried. The proposed fork, companion coin, superblock... not sure how it would help. It just devalues the coin and plunge it further into oblivion. Instead of worshipping complexity, have we given a thought about the fundamental of valuation itself. What I mean is marketing, acceptance , if you go to a mechanic and ask for oil change and you offer the guy 800 quarks for that service ... and he thought  hey I could get 2 weeks of grocery with the shop down the street willing to provide the goods for that 800 quarks. As this goes along valuation will change. What I still believe here is acceptance and have we ... us as a community work on this aspect in the first place? Sorry about the rambling but I believe every quark holder whether a few tiny bits or even hundreds has the right to opinion. Every one who owns is a shareholder and entitled to an opinion.  Like I said I believe in the codes and for that willing to go further on my holdings but after hearing the proposed changes it does give me the doubt. I hope I've made my point here and thanks to digitalindustry for the welcome notes. Cheers

** just to add a few. I believe on working on towards long term approach. Getting investors probably might not be a good idea because when the price is right, it's time to dump. Yeah it will inflate the price but it is not sustainable. Quark deserves better treatment than this. Fact is I don't look at it as investment tool but more towards medium of exchange. To add... i'm doing my part on the marketing. I tell my friends what makes quark special (hope it still stays that way without the change). I give some to my relative to test out. And they were impressed when compared to other coins.  Cheesy Wink

Thanks for the comments - indeed we will not do anything radical or fundamentally stupid like PoS - i hope you like our solutions when they come. : )

Can you give us some details about these solutions?
ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:38:19 PM

I like it at more as fresh marketing since it is on Coindesk.com. In addition, these could be ways for Quark to implement features that do not hurt the overall structure/security of the coin. I remember Vericoin started out at 200 sat and now is at 40000 sat in 2 months.

YC

Hmm YC this was recently posted on the Reddit as well!:
http://coinjoint.info/vericoin-releases-veribit-making-seamless-bitcoin-payments-reality/
The whole thing seems interesting and something that should be looked at a little more in depth..

mimimimimimimi

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:04:39 PM

Thanks for the comments - indeed we will not do anything radical or fundamentally stupid like PoS - i hope you like our solutions when they come. : )

thats actually a great idea! but would need a 2 factor set up email recovery.

quark is great!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:16:34 PM

Great to see DI , VIC and some others back on the thread discussing things.

Even though sadly DI is seems is set against radical change for QRK, at a time i really believe it is needed. However, yes, i appreciate on here there are some people whom have a deeper understanding of things and can see perhaps more long term.

Firstly though the name. I love the name quark, i don't think we should even consider changing it. To be it is the best name of any alt coin. I of course prefer it to bitcoin too.

Let us focus on one thing first and thrash out all possible negatives and positives of the companion coin since i see the core members seem very anti superblock or features being coded into qrk itself. For me the super block is used correctly could have been great for qrk. However, let's let that drop for now.

The companion coin - what can it achieve and is it even part of QRK?

There are different ways it can be born.

A -It is a sidechain of qrk - with 10-20% greater minting (the development pot)

- could have anon,pos, all made of gadgets features and gimmicks - and i can tell you these must not be underestimated to draw in new interest in terms of investment and activity. A lot of very smart people sit there scratching their heads wondering why their projects which are clearly superior fail against lesser projects.

It would create a funding pot for this coin - every bit of work done on it can clearly be transferred and used on qrk if found to be very desirable or beneficial. It is kind of like a free R and D project for qrk. Every bit of marketing paid for from this development pot can benefit qrk also. Projects and services for this coin can be replicated or enabled to accept qrk. Even if it was not hard linked to qrk forever it would give a lot of great things to qrk and be no more competition than any other alt out there. To claim it the QRK holders outside of qrk that have even perhaps forgotten they own qrk could be induced to come back to qrks forum and register getting involved with the qrk community to get their new companion coin released to them over time, and also an incentive to keep their qrk.

I see zero negatives for the companion coin - it can not detract from qrk if done correctly.

B - The ipo companion - the companioin coin is only available to purchase in QRK.

This way i didn't like at first. However the more i thought about it the more i realised it has a lot of merit to it.  People will need to buy QRK to purchase the new coin directly from the companion coin dev team ( this should be obviously the qrk dev team)  so they are funding the qrk dev team directly. These funds should all go into a development pot to fund and give incentive for full time work and time put into qrk and the new companion coin. The companion coin of course could still have a development pot coded in say 2-5%. Anything reasonable will be accepted if it was held by the qrk foundation or companion foundation and held in public wallets with ledgers for where the coins were spent. Nobody now grudges devs taking coins for doing work. The ipo version though would need to be top of it's class in terms of what people now want ...if they are wrong to want it makes no difference they fact they do want it is enough to mean you are missing out on a lot by not giving it to them.

I would love to see an actual list of positives and negatives regarding the companion coin. I can think of zero negatives at all. Detracting from qrk means nothing. There are 300 alts doing this now hence why qrk is not a top 5 coin. However this companion coin will give a LOT back to quark and it's community. It solves a lot of the issues qrk is facing with zero negatives. Can't ask for more than that. However if someone can point out some real negative impact for qrk here that would be both interesting and helpful.

The end goal is hundreds or more ROI projects and services for qrk holders and investors.

There are still just say 4 or 5 people discussing our future here, where are the other few 1000?

Personally i favour the superblock over companion coin - i just see think if managed correctly it could have such great benefits for such minor risk. However, that does not seem popular so let's thrash out the companion coin idea in detail first.

Even if none of it happens it is good to see some debate and life back in the qrk thread. Let's get another few 100 people back on here then get the ROI projects and services going Smiley

Cryptohunter,
I want to thank you for all the time, effort and energy you are placing into your proposals and keeping this thread and discussions going- I personally am not against the idea of a superblock concept per se, if it had been a part of the original design of a coin..However I think that forking Quark's code to place the superblock and thererfore change the original idea/inflation model is not the way to go and may create more negative attention/mistrust for Quark than anything.

The idea of a companion coin to Quark is somewhat appealing, if there were a way to help boost the hashrate (the only real issue for Quark), without creating a fork- while also offering features that Quark supporters might like to see, as well as a development fund for projects - This is why I was asking you to lay out what this might look like, say if the anon features/superblock were added to a companion coin..Is it not possible to accomplish this without affecting Quarks code itself?- Quark itself should remain untouched.
Therefore I tend to lean toward your option A if something could be worked out, that would have no changes to Quark code itself.

Well just about the only thing the companion coin can not solve is the hash rate issue. However, yes the companion coin would not mean touching or altering qrk itself.

reRaise

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 10:08:16 AM

Can someone give me an update?

Is a fork planned in the future? Or is this just a rumour.

Why the need for a fork? Forks are a bad idea, unless there is a grave error in the coin.

No, not any time soon is there going to be a fork. We've discussed a number of things with our developers and although there was some thought of converting to POS, that has been scrapped for the time being, as current POS implementation requires nearly daily involvement by developers.

Hi all, first of all I'm new here. I have been following this thread closely ever since I got into quark but never register until this weekend. I think quark is fine the way it is. Except for the name, I think overall in terms of security and speed, it doesn't need overhaul. Speed is obviously the strong point. Based on this fundamental,  I decide to increase my holding to few hundreds. Not much but I have plans to increase size of my holding further. Never mind about the price as I hold quark not be because of speculative reason or driven by the obsession to become rich one day but I hold on to it because it has future and the unique coding is nevertheless the main reason. Hope to see it become an important medium of exchange one day

great to see new people - in its correct place i think "Quark" is a great name - "quarkcoin" defeats the purpose and make it sound backwards - its not a "coin" and has had nothing to do with "coin" that's why i'm intending on changing the Reddit also - but maybe we can do that later.

i'm sure people will keep calling it that but that's fine as well, as it will just push the meme .

just a word on this - i hope you newer people realize that this is something special and unique, you guys are here in at the start, the "crypto community"  is broadly split into a handful of coders and scammers, (excluding Banking agencies) (which don't really count) us in this community make crypto what it is, you are officially a part of larger structure and we will help to a degree change the world.

that's worth something, its easy to be a sleazy scammer or a Bank Agent all you have to do is interview well and pass a few psychology tests, its much harder to learn a new system and contribute to society.

harder again is educating new people, but as mention before time and many other vectors are on our side.

It is indeed special. Quark is special...  no doubt on this statement.  But what worries me when I read past few pages about the intended changes, it gets me worried. The proposed fork, companion coin, superblock... not sure how it would help. It just devalues the coin and plunge it further into oblivion. Instead of worshipping complexity, have we given a thought about the fundamental of valuation itself. What I mean is marketing, acceptance , if you go to a mechanic and ask for oil change and you offer the guy 800 quarks for that service ... and he thought  hey I could get 2 weeks of grocery with the shop down the street willing to provide the goods for that 800 quarks. As this goes along valuation will change. What I still believe here is acceptance and have we ... us as a community work on this aspect in the first place? Sorry about the rambling but I believe every quark holder whether a few tiny bits or even hundreds has the right to opinion. Every one who owns is a shareholder and entitled to an opinion.  Like I said I believe in the codes and for that willing to go further on my holdings but after hearing the proposed changes it does give me the doubt. I hope I've made my point here and thanks to digitalindustry for the welcome notes. Cheers

** just to add a few. I believe on working on towards long term approach. Getting investors probably might not be a good idea because when the price is right, it's time to dump. Yeah it will inflate the price but it is not sustainable. Quark deserves better treatment than this. Fact is I don't look at it as investment tool but more towards medium of exchange. To add... i'm doing my part on the marketing. I tell my friends what makes quark special (hope it still stays that way without the change). I give some to my relative to test out. And they were impressed when compared to other coins.  Cheesy Wink

I really would like to know what these solutions are, care to explain more on it?

You guys better have a solution fast, quarks trading volume is very low atm
maok

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:30:41 PM

QEX was down all day yesterday with no explanation...

anyway, does any1 know a local trading websites for quarkers ?

mcphervi

Activity: 359

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:47:27 PM

Did you email their support? I know they're working on a large update.

Vic
mcphervi

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:55:53 PM

I really would like to know what these solutions are, care to explain more on it?

Reraise, this is one of those situations where we've got something we're working on but we've been burned before by speaking too soon and then failing to deliver - unfortunately things don't happen overnight much as Id like them to.
maok

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:07:04 PM

Vic

thats the problem, I emailed them, sent them a tweet, opened a topic on their forum, they are not responding and giving no explanation for their offline period..

mcphervi

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:51:42 PM

Vic

thats the problem, I emailed them, sent them a tweet, opened a topic on their forum, they are not responding and giving no explanation for their offline period..

I've emailed them and will let you know what I hear from them.

Vic
reRaise

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:59:47 PM

Reraise, this is one of those situations where we've got something we're working on but we've been burned before by speaking too soon and then failing to deliver - unfortunately things don't happen overnight much as Id like them to.

That's actually a good point, hope you guys deliver, cheers
bitcoincal

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:23:37 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 08:12:48 PM by bitcoincal

So I just started mining this. What's the future outlook for this coin?

and does the name Quark conflict with Quark press?

1CuWECCUQwkmQTpJdXd6Ga5tXKoJ5f8tPb
mcphervi

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:08:43 AM

Vic

I've emailed them and will let you know what I hear from them.

Vic

They emailed me back explaining they were migrating servers and everything is good!

Vic
Pages: « 1 ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: