Bitcoin Forum
October 21, 2017, 09:04:49 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 865090 times)
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:21:44 PM

Hashfast is a California corporation

Find them here
(maybe)
http://goo.gl/maps/gdiqY

File complaints with the state AG here

https://oag.ca.gov/consumers

File complaints with the FTC here

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-1

File complaints with the IC3 here

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Easy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fenwick

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:23:06 PM

my guess is they have serious issues with the board design.

I'm creeping towards refunding my USD purchase, especially if we don't see crap out of them first week of January.  For my order, the machines may or may not be marginally profitable (a few thousand USD in a good case), depending on the MPP fulfillment, ultimate delivery date of the BJ and upgrade board, and assuming at least a modest BTC price rise.

I've got bigger fish to fry, other things to do in life than lose hair over those @ssholes.

The fight with Hashfast that does potentially interest me - earlier delivery of greater hashpower under the MPP - doesn't seem to be the one others want to take up.

The fight most people want to fight here is to "get my bitcoins back" via a BTC refund. I understand that. It's just not the fight for me. 

No final decisions, though, for a little while.

I want to "get my bitcoins back", but I think since only a few of the customers have paid in USD, the BTC people (including me) could shared the refunded BTC evenly with the USD people.

We could fight together to get all the BTC back where possible, and also to punish them.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 2310

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:01:03 PM

I always laugh when I see all the law suit threats..Has anyone ever sued BFL or Avalon??  All bark and no bite...

I have 210 btc on the line.. you can bet that if I don't receive my rigs by midnight tomorrow...  I am canceling order and requesting all my btc back... if they do not give me all of them I WILL be taking them to court.  possibly in conjunction with other fellow coiners here.

I hope you do go ahead and sue them as they completely deserve it. The problem for many of us that would also like to sue them is the fact that any lawsuit has to be undertaken in the jurisdiction of California.

As for your particular situation I would be willing to wager that you will _not_ receive  your rigs before midnight tomorrow. In their latest communication they essentially stated they will _start_ "kicking off shipments" in the next "few days". The word "few" is meant to inject vagueness so it could be two days it could be four, or it could be more. At this point I think they don't really care and are essentially taunting people to request a refund.

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 1792

#BEL+++

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 10:02:41 PM

Hashfast is a California corporation

Find them here
(maybe)
http://goo.gl/maps/gdiqY

File complaints with the state AG here

https://oag.ca.gov/consumers

File complaints with the FTC here

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-1

File complaints with the IC3 here

Easy!
thank you very much!
jborkl

Activity: 242

Team Heritage Motorsports

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 10:10:12 PM

Well

Just to point out they have a January 15th refund date that is set in the sales contract. If you do not request by then it says you forfeit your right basically.

Just don't want anyone to miss that wording, I have not seen it mentioned yet.

joshv06

Activity: 743

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:16:12 PM

Well

Just to point out they have a January 15th refund date that is set in the sales contract. If you do not request by then it says you forfeit your right basically.

Thanks for pointing this out.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:25:15 PM

Well

None of that was there in the original TOS was it? You absolutely cannot forfeit your right to a refund by law through inaction. You would have to agree to new terms.

File your complaints with the government agencies listed in my previous post. Don't agree to anything with hashfast unless it is a total refund of what you paid in BTC at the time you paid.
stex2009

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:25:56 PM

Well
Which they will change to jan/5 if they don't deliver!
jborkl

Activity: 242

Team Heritage Motorsports

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 10:26:42 PM

I was just pointing it out, I have no idea.

I have been in the boat you guys are in with preorders this time last year and it sucks.

JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:27:07 PM

Well

Thanks for pointing this out.

So what incentive does HF have to ship before January 15th?  I can't think of one....

As noted above, they plan to jack the price upwards and sell from inventory.  They are hoping for cancellations/refunds and sell at a premium...   Huh  Undecided

GPG PubKey | THREEMA | OTC | HeatWare | 1JWU42QLGFESoQCC4iPzUDTRiC9nx5bi95
mchu168

Activity: 189

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:29:01 PM

If Hashfast is able to ship the Baby Jet and the Sierra out now, wouldn't they be the most cost/energy efficient miners in the marketplace?

Of course I know they screwed tons of people on the delivery date, but isn't the above statement  true?
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1050

^ will code for bitcoins

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:33:29 PM

I'm surprised because i was thinking that they would have used fedex next flight to ship to as many customers as possible today. Maybe that's still the case and we just don't know yet.

If not, my legitimate conclusion is that they don't have a working product yet.

Why would they hurry to ship before the deadline? Every refund (US$ or US$->BTC converted) is direct gain for ScamFast. They can resell the miner for at least the same price, this time without the MPP. They can resell the (saved) MPP boards later for shitload more money. They are provoking us to ask for a refund, people, make no mistake about it. There will be certain amount of naive people thinking they can somehow get the full refund in the process, and they are an easy pray for HF scammers. If only 1/5 of batch #1 customers ask for a refund and save them MPP boards, multiply 110 * 4 * 2000 US$, we are talking almost a million US$ of additional income for HF. That's a chance scammers like HF won't miss. They will probably wait a week or two after the deadline, even if they have the miners, just to provoke as many refunds as they can.

They are however, in the US. The plan you described would be criminal fraud. The volume of complaints would be much much worse than BFL, since everyone sat through that one and saw just how much shit a company gets away with when you let them. Claiming to sell something with no intent to offer it. Taking money for preorders without a planned ship date or proper notifications of late shipping. It goes beyond civil claims. Get to filing the complaints, get everyone involved to file complaints all at once. California state attorney general, Kamala Harris. They respond quickly to inquiries, I've dealt with them a number of times over the years and they get results.  Federal Trade Commission. Get the complaints in, do not sign anything hashfast provides at this time.

I don't think so, criminal offenses you've described (taking money for goods which is known NOT to be delivered on time, and thus rendered useless) already happened, scamming additional funds thorough refund scheme is much benign than what they did back in August/September. That was a real scam, when they were positive nothing close to October delivery is possible by a mile. The volume of BFL complaints was 0, so 100 * 0 = 0. You've forgotten that HF CEO bragged publicly that he talked to Josh about the fact that there was not a single court action against BFL. ScamFast studied their customers well, and gave them a bait they couldn't refuse: quick delivery, BTC refunds and MPP. We've seen how it went with quick delivery and BTC refunds, the MPP part of the scam is yet to be played out.
ryepdx

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 10:37:46 PM

If Hashfast is able to ship the Baby Jet and the Sierra out now, wouldn't they be the most cost/energy efficient miners in the marketplace?

Sure, if you disregard the fact that those of us who'd be receiving them if they shipped them out now paid anywhere from 60 to 50 BTC per miner. That makes them very cost-inefficient. Had they shipped in October, then your statement would have been true.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:40:34 PM

@itod, just a little correction, that's their sales guy that i should have registered when we meet in person (and again, there where 2 people listening to us, it should be possible to find them). It's not their CEO. Their CEO is hiding behind all of it's thing while probably one of the ones with the biggest benefits from the scam he is running.

Like Yufi vs Nzhang-whatever

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1050

^ will code for bitcoins

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:41:34 PM

@itod, just a little correction, that's their sales guy that i should have registered when we meet in person (and again, there where 2 people listening to us, it should be possible to find them). It's not their CEO. Their CEO is hiding behind all of it's thing and probably one of the ones with the biggest benefits from the scam he is running.

Thanks for the correction.
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:42:25 PM

As noted above, they plan to jack the price upwards and sell from inventory.  They are hoping for cancellations/refunds and sell at a premium...   Huh  Undecided
Plan is simple.
Happily refund everyone 20% of what was initially paid. The more, the better.
Include a "drop and forget" clause in the refund documents that are to be signed to be entitled for such a refund.
Wait for positive reports/reviews from friends/paid shills - who probably never touched a working unit.
Wait 2 weeks.
Rince and repeat.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1862

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:50:27 PM

they have disabled the comments on the you tube vids...  what a surprise

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
yuriygeorge

Activity: 262

I hate my family

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 10:58:59 PM

Filed a complaint on: https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company

It's really easy to do. Took me 5 minutes. If you're lazy, copy and paste what I wrote and insert the address. Again, I did this very quick, so perhaps you or someone else can write a more eloquent statement. My only complaint is that they changed the refund to be USD-based when they promised BTC-based for those who paid with direct Bitcoins, especially for those that paid before August 15th...

"Product Involved - Baby Jet Bitcoin Mining Device Batch 1.
56.70534274 Bitcoins paid, or at today's USD value - approximately $42,000.
Date of transaction - 2013-08-14 23:53:45 invoice/transfer located at http://blockchain.info/address/1BfiN8CwgEDJUUp5hbmMyrZHWfrcJMr5UZ

Yes, it was advertised on HashFast.com.
There was an online contract.
I have e-mailed them stating that if the product isn't delivered by December 31st, per agreement (it's already more than 2 months late), that I will want the refund in the currency I paid with - I paid in Bitcoins. They are now saying that they will refund the USD amount on day of purchase, but they promised that customers that paid in Bitcoin, in an event of a refund, would get the exact number of Bitcoins back.

They have not responded to my letter yet. If the product doesn't arrive, which it probably won't, I will be seeking legal advice and hiring an attorney if they don't refund me my original Bitcoins. I will also file a complaint with the FTC."

FILE IT. The more complaints they get, the easier it will be in court, if they don't act according to their promises.

Filing the FTC complaint now, too.

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄██▀▀▀               ▀▀▄▄
      ▄▄█▀                         ▀▀▄
    ▄█▀                        ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█
  ▄██                     ▄▄█▀▀     ▄▀
 ██▀                 ▄▄██████▄    ▄▀
███               ▄▄██████████▄  ▀
██             ▄▄█████████████▀
██          ▄▄█████████████▀
██        ▄ ▀██████████████
██▄    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀████████▀
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █  ▀ █            ▀▀▀▀▄
█  █▄        ▄▀                    ▄▀
▀▄ █ ▀       █         ▄           █
 █          █        ▄██▄         ▄▀
 █         ▄▀     ▄██████▄       ▄▀
 ▀▄        █    ▄█████████▄      █
  █       █      ██████████▄    ▄▀
  █      ▄▀        ▀████████   ▄▀
  ▀▄     █        ▄████▀▀▀▀    █
   █    █          ▀▀▀█       ▄▀
   █   ▄▀                    ▄▀
   ▀▄  █                     █
    █  ▀▄▄              █ ▄ ▄▀
    █     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄       █▀ ▄▀
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄▄▄▄██████▄▄█▄▄██████▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
▄▀▄           █           ▄▀▄
█   █         ▄█▄         █   █
█     █        ███        █     █
█       █       ███       █       █
█         █     █████     █         █
█           █    █████    █           █
█             █   █████   █             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █████   █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀███████████▀    █████    ▀███████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ███       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
yuriygeorge

I hate my family

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:14:50 PM

Filed another complaint with FTC:

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/GettingStarted?NextQID=203&Url=%23%26panel1-6

Please do it! They promised BTC refunds for those that paid in BTC, demand them. Especially if you were an early August purchaser. BFL got ZERO complaints. When complaints are entered, the FTC or the AG will actually contact HashFast and figure out what's going on. When they have the Attorney General, or FTC on the phone, they'll know that things are getting serious and will have to watch their tail. We are not taking the loss for them. Period. It was their poor business decision to promise us something that they now are trying to cover up. With the amount of sales that are coming in for Batches 2-5, they should be able to compensate Batch 1 customers with the BTC if they paid in BTC, but they're trying to mitigate their loss as much as possible.

For those who are screaming "Haha you fools, it's USD refunds" just stop trolling, you're not in our shoes. We know what we were promised. We made our decisions based on these promises. Things may look ridiculous now that the exchange rate is so much higher, but that's irrelevant, it's all about BTC ROI, including the MPP, USD rate is irrelevant. Same case could be if the exchange rate was lower, too.

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
yuriygeorge

I hate my family

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 11:27:26 PM

Filed a complaint with IC3:

The only break I'll give HashFast is if they ship by tomorrow. I don't care if it arrives Jan 5-6th, that's reasonable. If the tracking number says 31st, then I won't be taking action.

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.