Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:02:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 01:47:22 AM

Miners with 4 times the promised difficulty? You can keep them.

"Promised difficulty?"   Roll Eyes 

HashFast never "promised difficulty."  Rather, they offered MPP as an innovate way to help their customers deal with the fact that "promising difficulty" is not possible.

Sure, they are late... let's be honest, who here didn't expect them to be late? With such an ambitious timeline I figured they would slip on it.

CoinHoarder, we reasonable and experienced people expect any ambitious, complicated hardware project to slip on its timeline.

Whiny bratty Veruca Salt types (*I WANT IT NOW!!!*) like cedvadid are too young to have such common sense.   This is how they learn.

Of course if the issue is complicated by the desire to risk more than they can afford to lose, it becomes a compulsive gambling problem requiring professional help.

It's funny to watch the hate heaped on HashFast while Cointerra and Bitmine blow past thier ship dates with very little reaction/outrage/pitchforks.

It's amusing to read the baseless accusations of HashFast 'not communicating' while Cointerra's long-since-AWOL forum account has yet to officially communicate their failure to deliver on time.

It's entertaining to see otherwise perfectly literate people dishonestly pretend to be incapable of understanding the diff between "anticipated" and "guaranteed" delivery dates.

Wow.  So drama.  Such Bitcoin!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:49:59 AM

Why would you ask for a refund, they are very close now i think

Seriously?

They charged 50btc for an OCTOBER delivery knowing full well that they wouldn't ship until December.

December units are worth roughly 12btc and they knew that in August when they were happy to take our money.  A refund is the only chance we have of at least breaking even.

These people deserve jail time.

lol! a bitcoin refund is just completly out of space. even if you successful sue them, which is very unlikely imho, there just wont be enough $funds to buy back BTC at this horrendous price at the moment.

those funds have been invested in hardware, thats it. learn to deal with it! denying reality wont help you one bit.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:54:13 AM

It's entertaining to see otherwise perfectly literate people dishonestly pretend to be incapable of understanding the diff between "anticipated" and "guaranteed" delivery dates.

We will be shipping in October.

"Will be." See that? There's nothing "anticipated" about it. It is a promise. I failed promise.

Buy & Hold
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:54:27 AM

Seriously?

They charged 50btc for an OCTOBER delivery knowing full well that they wouldn't ship until December.

December units are worth roughly 12btc and they knew that in August when they were happy to take our money.  A refund is the only chance we have of at least breaking even.

lol! a bitcoin refund is just completly out of space. even if you successful sue them, which is very unlikely imho, there just wont be enough $funds to buy back BTC at this horrendous price at the moment.

those funds have been invested in hardware, thats it. learn to deal with it! denying reality wont help you one bit.

Did people really not understand this from the start? How could hashfast afford to pay back everyone after they spend all the money on nre and manufacturing costs? Also how can hashfast be expected to come through on their MPP when hashrate is climbing so rapidly? I think the only way that these 2 programs can work is if hashfast has a money tree/unlimited funds.

imo it was all just a brilliant marketing scheme which worked great apparently.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:31:59 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 08:49:33 PM by gmaxwell

Update from Ciara

Posted on December 22, 2013
    by Amy Woodward   
    in Baby Jet, Blog, Rig Assembly, Uncategorized   

A quick update from Ciara, our final assembly house. I came out here yesterday, with no more modules in my carry-on. Ciara is eager to assemble our machines, and to work out ahead of time any wrinkles in the assembly process.

We made good progress in working out how best to attach the cooling head to the chip in an easy and repeatable fashion. We still don't know how, but we hear there will be pizza tomorrow at lunch so everyone is working very hard.

They’ve still assembling Baby Jets (overnight tonight). They aim by night’s end to have another round of assembly done for 400 Baby Jets.

They took the Baby Jets’ chassis’ out of their boxes and opened them up. Removed the small water coolers and other unneeded components. Removed the small Seasonic power supplies, and installed the new 1200W supplies in the Baby Jets. Inserted the new cooling unit and 240mm radiator. Added an additional two 252CFM 66.5dBm Delta chassis fans on the back of the box. We only use the best after all. Then screwed the chassis back together, put it back in its styrofoam packing material, and stacked each on pallets.

I look forward to another productive day tomorrow, when we'll take all the BabyJets out of their cases, install the new 360mm radiators and 1600W PSU, and place some super cool and ironic stickers we found on ThinkGeek.

Cheers,
Amy

[Mod note: Read the rest of the thread before consuming hemlock]
[Second Mod note, for those of you still too dense to read after the first one: This post is a joke.]
jddebug

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:47:08 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 03:53:40 AM by gmaxwell

Please don't do this unless you post at the end that its made up. I about had a heart attack. 1200 watts!
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:49:55 AM

Added an additional two 252CFM 66.5dBm Delta chassis fans on the back of the box.

Shocked
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:57:54 AM

Seriously?

December units are worth roughly 12btc and they knew that in August when they were happy to take our money.  A refund is the only chance we have of at least breaking even.

Did people really not understand this from the start? How could hashfast afford to pay back everyone after they spend all the money on nre and manufacturing costs? Also how can hashfast be expected to come through on their MPP when hashrate is climbing so rapidly? I think the only way that these 2 programs can work is if hashfast has a money tree/unlimited funds.

imo it was all just a brilliant marketing scheme which worked great apparently.

They sold 4+ batches of orders. If they file for bankrupcy to avoid the lawsuits then they'll forfeit everything they own and will be auctioned off including their IP (mask). I'd be fine having the mask as penance for their blatant and obvious lies.

I didn't order an asic from HF but if I had I would much rather just get an asic even if it is late. I did make the mistake of pre-ordering a bfl product but I was able to sell the asic when I got it for a profit. It is a huge mistake to preorder hardware from a company that has never delivered a product expecting it to be shipped on time.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 03:11:37 AM

ALWAYS BET ON iCE...

Since you like to bet, how about accepting mine?

I have 5 BTC that says HashFast will not ship a working miner containing Golden Nonce chips to even one customer in 2013.  (It has to be physical delivery.  Hosting doesn't count.)

Care to put up 5 BTC of your own against that?

I think I love you bogart.

I accepted Bogart's bet, on his conditions (ckolivas doesn't count) and even offered to double the stakes.

He has yet to respond.  I wonder why?  dhenson's love of people who offer to make bets then welsh is noted.

Around here, we call such people scammers.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:16:05 AM

Update from Ciara

Posted on December 22, 2013
    by Amy Woodward   
    in Baby Jet, Blog, Rig Assembly, Uncategorized   

A quick update from Ciara, our final assembly house. I came out here yesterday, with no more modules in my carry-on. Ciara is eager to assemble our machines, and to work out ahead of time any wrinkles in the assembly process.

We made good progress in working out how best to attach the cooling head to the chip in an easy and repeatable fashion. We still don't know how, but we hear there will be pizza tomorrow at lunch so everyone is working very hard.

They’ve still assembling Baby Jets (overnight tonight). They aim by night’s end to have another round of assembly done for 400 Baby Jets.

They took the Baby Jets’ chassis’ out of their boxes and opened them up. Removed the small water coolers and other unneeded components. Removed the small Seasonic power supplies, and installed the new 1200W supplies in the Baby Jets. Inserted the new cooling unit and 240mm radiator. Added an additional two 252CFM 66.5dBm Delta chassis fans on the back of the box. We only use the best after all. Then screwed the chassis back together, put it back in its styrofoam packing material, and stacked each on pallets.

I look forward to another productive day tomorrow, when we'll take all the BabyJets out of their cases, install the new 360mm radiators and 1600W PSU, and place some super cool and ironic stickers we found on ThinkGeek.

Cheers,
Amy

source?
I made it up?

That people think it's even remotely possible for it to be real is sad though.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:35:31 AM

ALWAYS BET ON iCE...

Since you like to bet, how about accepting mine?

I have 5 BTC that says HashFast will not ship a working miner containing Golden Nonce chips to even one customer in 2013.  (It has to be physical delivery.  Hosting doesn't count.)

Care to put up 5 BTC of your own against that?

I think I love you bogart.

I accepted Bogart's bet, on his conditions (ckolivas doesn't count) and even offered to double the stakes.

He has yet to respond.  I wonder why?

Your acceptance is acknowledged.  I didn't see your response at first since it came some days later and I don't frequent this thread.

No thanks on the doubled stakes.  I'd rather not tie up that much BTC.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 03:51:55 AM

Please keep the thread on-topic and take the fighting with each other elsewhere (or better yet: make copious use of the ignore button— you know who's comments are going to be worthless, why waste your time reading? Why waste everyone elses time complaining? ...push...the...button...).  Otherwise you just leave me pushing the delete button instead on stacks of offtopic bickering.

ObOnTopic: My eyes were like saucers at the fake update.
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 03:59:06 AM

Thanks for the moderation gmax.  It's not fair to make the patient silent majority of HF customers wade through pages of offtopic posts.

Pre-tweet from Senior de Casto

@ fabrication plant.  1st production run testing going well  Smiley

Longer version coming Soon!

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
Witness

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:09:53 AM

Thanks for the moderation gmax.  It's not fair to make the patient silent majority of HF customers wade through pages of offtopic posts.

Pre-tweet from Senior de Casto

@ fabrication plant.  1st production run testing going well  Smiley

Longer version coming Soon!
Umm ok?  sorry just getting board waiting for 2 months. when are they going to deliver please

_HashFast Technologies_28 nm mining
Producer of High Performance ASICS  (IT'S A SCAM)
BabyJets & Sierras On Sale today!
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:10:14 AM

Ice - welcome back!
While I would prefer for this thread to be discussion of that latest published details by HF on their progress... looks like they have to rely on forum members who come to visit them.

I am trying to remain adult about this, but how are we supposed to believe the updates are progress when they don't provide anything substantial.  Substantial would be something like, current power and hashrate and delivery date.  Substantial would be clarity on how they would handle refunds if they miss their "guaranteed deadline".

I like the blurry cam picture, but we had to get a "semi-proper" update from Gateway who is only tangentially involved with the project.

Yes... I believe it is safe to call us needy... but not without reason.

Well... at least the bet has made this thread more interesting.
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:18:05 AM

And the bfl2.0 transformation is complete. Calling your paying customer names seals the title.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 04:35:21 AM

Check out the video just posted on how a Golden Nonce Motherboard is assembled.
Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIXMy7LnBeQ

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
jddebug

Activity: 446

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:59:38 AM

Enjoy!

Will you please post the specs for each board or better yet for the entire Baby Jet/Sierra when running at or above the advertised 400GH/1.2TH.

I'm wanting Watts per rig, watts per board or watts per GH. Any one of those would thrill me right now.

Thank you

gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 05:09:11 AM

Enjoy!
Neat, it appears the capacitor tipping has been fixed! Tongue
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:10:21 AM

Enjoy!

Will you please post the specs for each board or better yet for the entire Baby Jet/Sierra when running at or above the advertised 400GH/1.2TH.

I'm wanting Watts per rig, watts per board or watts per GH. Any one of those would thrill me right now.

Thank you

I think it is pretty clear now why they have not given those numbers to us yet...

Every asic company has under-estimated the amount of volts and heat that are needed by these chips....
Every asic company has under-estimated the amount of volts needed and heat created by these chips

The last number they gave us was 1/2 the chip running at 300 watts.....  and I think I heard of an extra radiator on the full running chip,? right..

so, they have not advertised the numbers yet because they are 'tuning' things to put a rosy picture on it....

BFL had to redesign the case entirely

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: