Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:20:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
derekleong75

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:07:32 AM

To stop the "lawsuit", all they have to do is pay off the litigious complainers with extra hashpower, shower them with BJ's and the pain will go away and no-one will be the wiser.

"Shower them with BJs"

This, is the best laugh Ive had today...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:21:36 AM

The problem with "give more hashpower" is that its expensive and doesn't assure the company that the risk of lawsuits will go away.

A better path would be to offer the a choice of a full 1:1 refund in BTC as if the sale had never been made or enough additional hashpower that most customers would choose the latter.

The problem is that the 1:1 refund at this point would be a hard deal to match and I suspect that many people now believe the original October claims were flat out dishonest, making promises of further hash-power later unattractive.

This is what I was referring to earlier on the thread about there being potentially no clean solution. A half measure doesn't remove hashfast's legal exposure, and a full measure may not be within their ability to afford.

giving more hash power is less expensive than giving people refunds... especially if they have to refund in btc (which i can't see how they can afford to do, even if they promised it)

hash power only costs them 'cost price', whereas its value to customers is at 'retail price'... thus giving extra hash power is a valuable way for them to compensate people that costs less than its worth.

gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 06:38:19 AM

giving more hash power is less expensive than giving people refunds... especially if they have to refund in btc (which i can't see how they can afford to do, even if they promised it)

hash power only costs them 'cost price', whereas its value to customers is at 'retail price'... thus giving extra hash power is a valuable way for them to compensate people that costs less than its worth.
Absolutely. The problem is that "give more hashpower" alone doesn't eliminate the potential lawsuits. "Your choice of refund or more hashpower" probably would, but I would worry that there is enough distrust now that people wouldn't take the hashpower even if it was the better deal in terms of the numbers.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 06:56:57 AM

I believe that HashFast was flat out dishonest in their Oct delivery.  It was all marketing and a lot of hype.

I concur.  I believe that they either knew without a doubt that the October date was unachievable, or that they knew long before they ever mentioned a delay.  In fact there was an article with one of HF's execs where the exec noted that they were not receiving chips until November.  IIRC the article was written/posted sometime mid September.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:54:59 AM

You've miscalculated something, I think it is just the opposite. The refunds are the cheapest option for HF for two reasons: If they refund the BJ they can resell that miner again, and also they don't have to give the MPP to the buyer and can also resell that MPP. Refund once, sell five times. Especially if they can refund BTC partially, not the full BTC amount which they obviously plan to do. I do believe they will not ship on purpose to provoke the refunds and then sell the "miners-in-hand" which will sell like pop-corns.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:03:52 AM

One more day gone. The wall is getting full.

Buy & Hold
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:14:40 AM

The problem with "give more hashpower" is that its expensive and doesn't assure the company that the risk of lawsuits will go away.

A better path would be to offer the a choice of a full 1:1 refund in BTC as if the sale had never been made or enough additional hashpower that most customers would choose the latter.

The problem is that the 1:1 refund at this point would be a hard deal to match and I suspect that many people now believe the original October claims were flat out dishonest, making promises of further hash-power later unattractive.

This is what I was referring to earlier on the thread about there being potentially no clean solution. A half measure doesn't remove hashfast's legal exposure, and a full measure may not be within their ability to afford.
+1
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:23:11 AM

You've miscalculated something, I think it is just the opposite. The refunds are the cheapest option for HF for two reasons: If they refund the BJ they can resell that miner again, and also they don't have to give the MPP to the buyer and can also resell that MPP. Refund once, sell five times. Especially if they can refund BTC partially, not the full BTC amount which they obviously plan to do. I do believe they will not ship on purpose to provoke the refunds and then sell the "miners-in-hand" which will sell like pop-corns.

it's been the logical move for a while now...  hate to say it, but the miners were priced in $$$ right?  Only when things are priced in BTC can you demand full BTC back on refund (like Avalon chip buys)

It is converted to $$ at time of sale so it is cashed out at time of purchase.  They could send back BTC but at the $$ value. 

It's not like they have any goodwill to salvage with early customers anyway.

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
bitcoinermax

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:27:34 AM

If only HF planned quite that well! As if they did, they would have delivered ages ago... Frankly I don't think they are close to being that organized or financially savvy or they wouldn't be in the situation they are in now!
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:41:27 AM

To stop the "lawsuit", all they have to do is pay off the litigious complainers with extra hashpower, shower them with BJ's and the pain will go away and no-one will be the wiser.

"Shower them with BJs"

This, is the best laugh Ive had today...

Cheesy at least someone got it

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:42:15 AM

If only HF planned quite that well! As if they did, they would have delivered ages ago... Frankly I don't think they are close to being that organized or financially savvy or they wouldn't be in the situation they are in now!

They are not highly organized, they are just scammers. I mean isn't it obvious they never, ever meant to deliver in October? What other proof you need to accept the fact scam is their modus operandi?
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:43:12 AM

tada! thank you. Giving more hash power is an easy win, they don't even have to make more chips to do it just allocate it out of their existing personal stash or just make some other poor sucker wait for their BJ (see what I did there?) Cheesy

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
defcon23
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:55:23 AM

They are not highly organized, they are just scammers. I mean isn't it obvious they never, ever meant to deliver in October? What other proof you need to accept the fact scam is their modus operandi?
yup ! they are just scammers. their "last saturday shipping" and of course their insulting silence is an another proof of that.
Witness

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:33:59 AM

Baby jet will be worth In dust when it gets delivered
So MPP is hashfast's trade mark. Protection against what?  Ohhhh ok against hashfast, it all makes sense

_HashFast Technologies_28 nm mining
Producer of High Performance ASICS  (IT'S A SCAM)
BabyJets & Sierras On Sale today!
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 09:54:36 AM

Pfff...MPP isn't going to make one damn difference. Now KNC is selling another batch of Neptunes  Undecided so our BJs don't stand a chance against the coming difficulty storm. *Sigh* maybe someday miners will realize that the only people getting rich are the hardware companies, not them. So keep on pumping money into their pockets folks. With HashFast it seems we totally pissed our money away.

defcon23
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:10:21 AM

what an incredible lack of communication, for the "great" company they claim to be ...  Angry a great shot ads crisp on twitter ... the funniest  is the pseudo credibility  they try to regain with some shitty pictures they posted on a certain pool, few days ago... LOL

look at this smile .....

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:21:13 AM

Glad I never ordered from hash fast. I even had everything in the cart back in august.

Dodged a bullet right there...whew...

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

aneutronic

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:25:25 AM

Jesus Christ, I thought I made it more than ludicrous enough that no one would believe it, especially since it's just a copy and paste of the last update. I guess I should have added a line or two about the new Dyson Sphere that's going to power the Sierra arriving for testing.

HashFast_CL, people wouldn't have to waste time messing around with jokes if you would actually give productive updates on where shipping is at and when you plan to start moving out the units. I'd also like to know who you are and what your relationship is to HashFast. I can't help but feel that we've been thrown another random poster like cypherdoc who supposes to speak for HashFast but when push comes to shove does not actually represent them and can't speak for them.
Are you directly employed by HashFast and do you have the authorization to speak for them as their agent?

"Dyson Sphere powered Sierra"   Cheesy 

I started as a contractor and from today go full time to assist with technical support.

Wow, what great news! I'm so relieved knowing that when/if I receive my VaporJet and it starts leaking water all over that I can dial 1-800-EAT-SHIT and have stellar tech support from this fountain of knowledge.
Get that printer working yet?      Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Why is this lost on the HashFast Representative?

Because from this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.msg3956671#msg3956671 you can clearly see that he/she is not the sharpest tool in the shed:

As a Batch One customer, I fully understand the anxiety and frustration of watching my BTC ROI dwindle as difficulty rises.

Of course ROI in fiat is an entirely different story and a source of much consolation.

Is the printer already fixed? (scroll back to see that gem)

I can only relay what I hear/am authorized to and so can't speak for customer service with regard to refund type stuff.

The "CL" stands for community liaison Clue Less; my role is to facilitate obfuscate  communication between the community and the company.

I don't EVER have any new information about shipping dates, but am as eager as everyone else to start hashing!

Best,

-HF_CL

FTFY

Best,

-aneutronic
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:25:57 AM

Glad I never ordered from hash fast. I even had everything in the cart back in august.

Dodged a bullet right there...whew...

ditto ...(was saved by my reaming of BFL (shudder) only reason ordered from knc is they took paypal via cc...now they don't ...but then again now they've proved self so not such a
big deal to me)

also as a side note people say "don't you wish you would have found out about bitcoin earlier then april 2013...?" I reply it would not have mattered at that point unless you wanted Avalon you'd have probably gotten caught in the 'BFL Scam" anyway ...so kinda a moot point......

anyway fear and loathing of BFL managed to save me from you guys fate...sorry wish you luck been there (down 8k on bfl forced upgrade to 900gh of monarchs.....they will be bricks too....by the time I get them I have no doubt)

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 10:36:14 AM

Continental Grain: We're selling corn!  Minimum purchase $1 million dollars. 

Potential Buyer:  Great; I need corn.  How much per bushel?

Continental Grain:  And the first three customers at that level win an all expenses paid trip to Peoria IL to visit their corn and the cows who eat the same corn in the feed lot in the next town over.

Potential Buyer:  So delivery is immediate?  And what's that price per bushel, again?

Continental Grain:  And if you order in the next 10 minutes, you'll also receive this set of steak knives to eat the cow that eats the corn in the next town over.

This. is. fucking. nuts.  I got a bad feelin' about this...

Caution! This thread is nuts.
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: