Bitcoin Forum
September 22, 2019, 03:43:49 PM *
News: If you like a topic and you see an orange "bump" link, click it. More info.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 305 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 137921 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 2027

How much alt coin diversification is needed? 0%?

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 11:51:00 PM

I wonder who the first one to 15 million merits will be  Wink

I like this change a lot Cheesy. Hopefully we'll see an increase in post quality  Cool

Could you be a bit more realistic... come on, 15million? 

Why don't we start by attempting to find out who gets to 10k first and then 100k.. perhaps, witnessing the  reaching BTC price parity first would be a more realistic merit received target?

So far, Theymos is in the lead by quite a bit, but perhaps some posters will catch up to him and pass him up?  Perhaps?

Put BTC here: 35EVP8EePt8dyvKHaB7bXaRmKLm22YgRCA

How much alt coin diversification is necessary? if you are investing in Bitcoin, then perhaps 0%?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:42:56 AM

Actually, in another thread, a member repeated the concept of a "negative merit," and I had a kind of "ah ha" moment.

Here's my earlier post.

I was initially against the idea of negative merit, but I thought of a way that it might work.  Here it goes:

It seems to me that if there were negative merits, the poster should need to feel so strongly about giving the negative merit that it would subtract from his/her regular merit bank.

Therefor, if the member gave someone a negative merit, then that person would need to have at least 5 merits because it would remove 5 merits from that members regular merits in order for that member to give the one negative merit to the other member.  Under such a system, we would be able to have negative merits, and members would only employ such possible negative merit feature sparingly and after giving some considerable thought to it.

How much alt coin diversification is necessary? if you are investing in Bitcoin, then perhaps 0%?
icohunter1024

Activity: 280
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:28:02 AM

I'm not spammer but i'm newbie and i don't know earn merit point. What a pity when participated in forum late and now is very difficult for newbie.  😂
Soke

Activity: 101
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:46:41 AM
Merited by The Pharmacist (1), InvoKing (1)

I wonder who the first one to 15 million merits will be  Wink

I like this change a lot Cheesy. Hopefully we'll see an increase in post quality  Cool

For sure, it won't be you.  No wonder you don't have any merits.   Your post is a waste of space.  Practice what you preach and make quality posts. 
digaran

Activity: 910
Merit: 613

111113DUwES2ZNWSJztA3oBuhzfcdmiaG

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:52:42 AM

Actually, in another thread, a member repeated the concept of a "negative merit," and I had a kind of "ah ha" moment.

Here's my earlier post.

I was initially against the idea of negative merit, but I thought of a way that it might work.  Here it goes:

It seems to me that if there were negative merits, the poster should need to feel so strongly about giving the negative merit that it would subtract from his/her regular merit bank.

Therefor, if the member gave someone a negative merit, then that person would need to have at least 5 merits because it would remove 5 merits from that members regular merits in order for that member to give the one negative merit to the other member.  Under such a system, we would be able to have negative merits, and members would only employ such possible negative merit feature sparingly and after giving some considerable thought to it.
Demerit is not possible, I wouldn't give a negative merit to somebody else if I could lose my own merits. reversing them is not easy and would complicate everything, reversing a single merit could result in deranking of other members.

We should have a list of merit sources, instead of theymos to be the one checking their sent merits, everybody should have access to their stats, only their stats matters.
Some people are deleting their posts with received merits, if I had a list of merit sources, I could check and see if any of them has ever merited a deleted post.

I'm not spammer but i'm newbie and i don't know earn merit point. What a pity when participated in forum late and now is very difficult for newbie.  😂
If you have nothing to contribute as a newbie, how could you contribute as a high ranking member?

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐      
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
Trilogy-AI

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:03:05 AM

The Merit system doesn't much affect newer posters. But it does put the kibosh on senior folks, especially those that were just about to rank up. Doesn't really seem fair for them: someone being a few posts away from Senior Member now has to go hunting for 150 Merit points. But someone else who just happens to have crossed that threshold is now grandfathered in.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:28:45 AM

I looked at your posts, and they are pretty shitty... there is no real substance to them except you seem to be searching for ways to make money...on bounty or whatever.  So yeah, you been here a very short period of time and did not contribute anything that would really inspire anyone to give you a merit, right?  Can you see how I see that in the posts that you have made, so far?

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:40:40 AM

[edited out]

We should have a list of merit sources, instead of theymos to be the one checking their sent merits, everybody should have access to their stats, only their stats matters.
Some people are deleting their posts with received merits, if I had a list of merit sources, I could check and see if any of them has ever merited a deleted post.

Actually, I had never really considered that particular problem of the deleted posts, and you may be correct that there should be ways to access information about deleted posts that had been merited - I am not sure whether the only means would be to list the merit sources; however, it could be one possible way. 

I am not really opposed to Theymos's initial decision to NOT reveal the merit sources - and it is likely that in the future that he will disclose that information - because, as you may recall, he also stated that he suspected that through time, members were going to be able to figure out who are the merit sources - which may be just a matter of one or two months seeing that some members are giving merits beyond what would have been their maximum possible level of initial distribution plus 1/2 of the merits that they subsequently received... Although there could also be some quirks in that hypothesized information in the likely event that Theymos also does have the power to selectively award sendable merits to members - and so there may be some mystery about whether he would actually employ such a sendable merit distribution to selected non-source members.

olumyd

Activity: 574
Merit: 116

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:12:31 AM

Like I said before. This new system has good in it. People who concern themselves with ranking will 'learn'. They'll study more and gain more knowledge about cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. This forum must be about increase in intellectual asset and also in crypto.

Most information from this forum happens to be the reliable content others out there depend on. So we need to represent the forum better. Besides, what good does a troll or a spammer do?  Other than lead others astray. I kind of like to stay off projects where there are 'good project' or chatters of 'success'... This is no cheerleading forum.
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1667
Merit: 1060

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:32:11 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 06:14:21 AM by PoolMinor
Merited by Foxpup (1)

Like I said before. This new system has good in it. People who concern themselves with ranking will 'learn'. They'll study more and gain more knowledge about cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. This forum must be about increase in intellectual asset and also in crypto.

Most information from this forum happens to be the reliable content others out there depend on. So we need to represent the forum better. Besides, what good does a troll or a spammer do?  Other than lead others astray. I kind of like to stay off projects where there are 'good project' or chatters of 'success'... This is no cheerleading forum.

Yes as illustrated by the below infographic, merit must be earned by reading and contributing rather than poor displays by members such as myself.

Image size adjusted with help from here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=help;page=post#bbcref

Btc=C2MF    Go With FLO  Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
bhubur22122017

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:35:31 AM

This might not be fair for new people, I don't know if others will ever consider to give merit to newbies. Guess I had to been registered here like 1year back to get some kind of "good" positions. Juniors and newbies are often treated poorly and seen as funny guys around, not taken seriously.
I totally agree with this opinion ..
how can we get recognition if we beginners in the eyes of one eye Huh is there a better way out?
shushanika

Activity: 95
Merit: 13

Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 05:38:32 AM

This might not be fair for new people, I don't know if others will ever consider to give merit to newbies. Guess I had to been registered here like 1year back to get some kind of "good" positions. Juniors and newbies are often treated poorly and seen as funny guys around, not taken seriously.
how can we get recognition if we beginners in the eyes of one eye Huh is there a better way out?

Not true, I mainly read the posts and do not see the current member rank. I am also new here and get good response from all the senior members here. There may be some exceptions but I focus on positive side.

kapustinal

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:44:09 AM

What do you mean by beginner here ? Newbie, jr member ? If you are active here, you might have noticed that some new members already became members after gaining 10 merits after the merit system.
RivAngE

Activity: 630
Merit: 155

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:20:22 AM

What do you mean by beginner here ? Newbie, jr member ? If you are active here, you might have noticed that some new members already became members after gaining 10 merits after the merit system.
Well don't forget that after this system was implemented, people being "member" rank already received 10 merit automatically. The same happened with every other rank that requires merit to reach.
Also exclude some people who ranked up because they had friends to merit them or "bought" merit in some shaddy way and from the already few ranked up members you can see why others are taking about merit liquidity problems.

hilariousetc
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 2194

Merit Felcher

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:26:02 AM

You earn recognition like anyone else does. Everybody here stated out as a neutral newbie (unless you bought an account) but people build up reputation and trust over time but it isn't something that develops overnight. Newbies are probably treated neutral unless they do something stupid or spam rubbish.

Orino Suimuri

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

RedTube & Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 10:45:29 AM

Yeah, I arrived to the same conclusion: there is no sense in this endless discussion about merits, just to earn some tokens, when we can use our time and energy to make big money.

Well, I'm frustrated as you are, because next week I'd reached the full member rank, and now I have to earn a lot of merits to achieve that result. And of course I've no idea when I'll succeed.
Much more, I understood that I'm not here to earn some cheap money just spamming the forum.

WTF! I'm here because I want to became a f...ing cryptomillionarie, not a shitpost worker.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
leo1in88

Activity: 38

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:28:03 AM

its really hard to get merit Sad what a system
Andreas1986

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:40:41 AM

My merit(s) are finished, i gave them all but i want to give more,
I am a quite new member and also new in the crypto world, I am learning a lot from the forum and i would to express "a thanks" to those that they help me with their posts and answers

Is my account going to get more, let's say in a month, like an upgrade or it's one life things?
No more at all ?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:47:02 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 12:13:57 PM by JayJuanGee

My merit(s) are finished, i gave them all

Is my account going to get more, let's say in a month, like an upgrade or it's one life things?
No more at all ?

Currently Theymos has designated 57 members as merit sources that receive a replenishing (on a monthly basis) supply of smerits that they can send to other members.

Every  other member is stuck with their initial distribution smerits (and sounds like you spent yours, which would have only been 1 or 2 smerits at your rank - or at least less than 5 smerits best case scenario), and can only obtain more smerits if 1) they receive merits from other members (which would earn them .5 smerits for every merit received), 2) they become designated as a merit source by Theymos or 3) if Theymos were to do some kind of smerit airdrop on some categories of members (which seems somewhat unlikely, but probably within his abilities to design and carry out some kind of an smerit airdrop).

hilariousandco
Chopper Member
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1657

KnowNoBorders.io

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 11:48:21 AM

its really hard to get merit Sad what a system

You're not going to get any merit because you're contributing nothing here. The merit system was created exactly to stop people like you from ranking up just by posting one liners. Contribute something of value and you will likely receive the merit you need over time. but continue making posts like you have been and you'll get nowhere fast but the system will be working as intended.

████████████████████████████
████████▀▀ █▀ █▀ ▀██████████
█████████▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
██████████▀     ▀  ▀████████
███████▀ ▀  ▄█▀▀▀█▀▀████████
██████▄      █▄  ▀▀  ▀██████
██████         ▄▄█▄ ▄ ▀█████
█████ ▄         ▀▀ ▄ ▀ █████
██████▌          █▀█▀ ▐█████
███████  ▄▌         ▄ ██████
████████▄█         ▄████████
█████████▀     ▄▄ ▄█████████
████████████████████████████
.JACKMATE'S...........
MAJESTIC..
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
..WIN 1 BITCOIN ON EVERY PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY..
████████████████████████████████
████████████▀█▀ ▀█▀█▀███████████
███████████▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
█████████▀▄ ██▀▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀█████████
███████▀ ▀█████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████████
███████▀▄████████▀  ▀█ █▐███████
███████ ▀█████████▄█▀▀██ ███████
████████ ███▀██████ ▄ ██ ███████
████████▌▐▀▄ ██████████ ▄███████
█████████▄██▌▐█████▀██ █████████
████████████▄▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▄██████████
████████████████████████████████
.JOIN US - IT'S FREE! .
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 305 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.