Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:14:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166606 times)
sunriseme

Activity: 29
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:56:03 AM

Hi,

does a Junior member have any chance to become merit sourcer? Of course, if he/she proves the skills for it
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:17:36 AM

Hi,

does a Junior member have any chance to become merit sourcer? Of course, if he/she proves the skills for it

It is difficult to determine if you have any scintilla of seriousness in such a question.

Of course, theymos has discretion to determine the appointment of merit sources based on whatever criteria he believes is helpful to him, but he did provide a bit of guideline in the OP, and the most relevant sentence to your situation seems to be the interpretation of "somewhat established member." 

Does anything else need to be said?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 09:13:16 AM

Hi,

No and double no for you as you cannot communicate in English so how can you judge how eloquent a poster is?

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:30:42 AM

I was skeptical about this merit business, but then got given 10 so think I'm OK with the idea now  Wink

I wouldn't be bragging about receiving 10 merits for your one liner post.  It looks like DeepOnion has a merit swapping program going on.  Is this a new requirement to be accepted into the airdrop?

Wait, you mean this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2683530.msg31588679#msg31588679 isn't worth at least 10 merit points?!? I have no hope of ever climbing higher in rank, then!!!  Grin
thescimitarr

Activity: 117
Merit: 6

FREE VPS. Check Signature for link

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:38:34 AM

I was skeptical about this merit business, but then got given 10 so think I'm OK with the idea now  Wink

I wouldn't be bragging about receiving 10 merits for your one liner post.  It looks like DeepOnion has a merit swapping program going on.  Is this a new requirement to be accepted into the airdrop?

Wait, you mean this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2683530.msg31588679#msg31588679 isn't worth at least 10 merit points?!? I have no hope of ever climbing higher in rank, then!!!  Grin

I seriously see such posts all around and feel like I won't be able to climb at all. Then I just wonder what posts will earn me some merits Sad

FREE 100$ USD Credits for Cloud Mining. [https://m.do.co/c/8b29898f1cb6]Register here![/url] FREE Virtual Private Server
solovev

Activity: 52
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:46:05 AM

Hi,

No you cannot become a merit source because:

1) You do not have the time to even read the official thread properly before commenting. I mean it is clearly mentioned that you need to be  "somewhat established" member here to be considered as the merit source. If you do not care about reading the official posts, why will you read the posts of other members to give them merits.

2) Another problem is that you have posted 69 posts here and have not got a single merit so far. This means that you are not able to make a quality post yourself. So how will you judge other members making such posts ? 
sunriseme

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:53:16 PM

Hi,

It is difficult to determine if you have any scintilla of seriousness in such a question.

Of course, theymos has discretion to determine the appointment of merit sources based on whatever criteria he believes is helpful to him, but he did provide a bit of guideline in the OP, and the most relevant sentence to your situation seems to be the interpretation of "somewhat established member." 

My question was serious
I couldn't interpret what 'somewhat established member' means
sunriseme

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:55:12 PM

Hi,

No and double no for you as you cannot communicate in English so how can you judge how eloquent a poster is?

thanks for pointing that out, will pay more attention

sunriseme

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:05:01 PM

Hi,

1) You do not have the time to even read the official thread properly before commenting. I mean it is clearly mentioned that you need to be  "somewhat established" member here to be considered as the merit source. If you do not care about reading the official posts, why will you read the posts of other members to give them merits.

2) Another problem is that you have posted 69 posts here and have not got a single merit so far. This means that you are not able to make a quality post yourself. So how will you judge other members making such posts ? 

I got already sufficient answears from well established members, please take the time to read above before posting more.
All replies helped me, no more needed, use your energy at another part of the forum. Thx
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:14:03 PM

Hi,

My question was serious
I couldn't interpret what 'somewhat established member' means

Ok.  I will admit that I provided a bit of a facetious answer to your inquiring post because I had thought that there would be a bit of common sense in theymos's description of "somewhat established member"..

Of course, the description is not precise, and therefore, it leaves theymos with a decent amount of discretion to determine when he were to come to the belief that a member is sufficiently "established" to meet his expectations.

Just think about the membership situation for a moment.  There are nearly 2 million accounts registered with the forum, and many accounts have been active for several years, but even if only 10% of the accounts are active, that still makes 200k active members from which theymos can choose sources, and there are a lot of members with a lot of experiences and participation in different sections on the forum.

So, a threshold question might be how the hell is theymos going to get to know you or to trust your judgement in any kind of way as a jr member, it is going to be through your posts and also with the passage of some time.  

So, likely several hundred posts through a year would be a kind of minimum threshold, and since this new merit system has been established, probably theymos would want you to have received a decent number of merits, too... maybe nearly 100 as a minimum in order to rise to the level of "established".. so to me it had seemed like a bit of a silly question to be asking whether a Jr member would be considered by theymos to be "somewhat established" or to otherwise meet criteria to be designated as a merit source.  

Hi,

I got already sufficient answears from well established members, please take the time to read above before posting more.
All replies helped me, no more needed, use your energy at another part of the forum. Thx

Your response here, sunriseme, also, might be another example why you might not be designated as a merit source at any time in the near future.  Sure, you might feel good and funny to tell off another member, such as solovev, yet in the end, your response does not reflect very well your ability to deal with adversity and criticism.  You can work on those kinds of skills and attempt to make better posts that are not so seemingly gratuitously snarky towards other members.  Sometimes, there is a role for snarky, but usually it is best to play that card somewhat sparingly for better effect and also so it does not reflect negatively on you.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
inbizin

Activity: 210
Merit: 140

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:47:22 PM

sitnikov

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:52:37 PM

That feeling is really awesome. I have got two merits so far and I was really delighted to get them. I will always remember that moment and the post that got me those merits. It was the time when merit system was introduced and a  lot of people used to post doubts about the merit system. I first learned about the changes and then started to make replies to their queries. I knew that sooner or later a senior member will see it and reward me. These days I am not that much active but I plan to post more often in meta section.

⚫  ContractNet.com  ⚫
At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS
████████████ [ JOIN ICO ● 10th MARCH ] ████████████
chokomenia

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:24:50 PM

Obviously I know the merit system will improve the quality of post in the community and I believe in the future more people will start getting merit for quality post because by then a lot of established member will be award with merit source in different sections of the forum. So we all need to be patient and wait for the merit system to normalize. 

broadcastord

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:29:29 PM

need to merit for bounty
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:08:05 PM

That feeling is really awesome. I have got two merits so far and I was really delighted to get them. I will always remember that moment and the post that got me those merits. It was the time when merit system was introduced and a  lot of people used to post doubts about the merit system. I first learned about the changes and then started to make replies to their queries. I knew that sooner or later a senior member will see it and reward me. These days I am not that much active but I plan to post more often in meta section.

I think it encourages newer users to be more friendly and helpful towards new users and even if it's in order to gain merit then it's a worthwhile causen to increase the friendliness of the forums  in my opinion. Also after receiving 10 merit myself I can't really complain about the system anymore. Already given away my smerit though, don't like the idea of keeping hold of it personally.

My only criticism is that there are some members with a lot and receiving more, but don't give any merit out. It's not like it's costing them anything either to reward others Roll Eyes A reduction in merit if you squat smerit would be my proposal, say after 3 months of not giving out or any or something. The idea of sitting on it is presumably in the hope of the "value" of it increasing due lack of supply, whereas supply should be regulated by those who distribute, not by those who are holding smerit for no benefit but themselves.

need to merit for bounty

This is how you don't get merit.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 05:50:21 AM

Do we have a merit removal option if I was mistaken giving merit to someone?

I tried to search, but I couldn't find any removal button as of now. I hope that admin added this option so that if someone gives merit to the wrong person they can be able to remove the merit.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Vigme86

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:03:24 AM

I tried to search, but I couldn't find any removal button as of now. I hope that admin added this option so that if someone gives merit to the wrong person they can be able to remove the merit.

I really hope there's not. Merit system is pretty hard right now, and also you want to add an option to remove wrong merits?
If you send bitcoin to the wrong address is there any chance to get it back? Why should merit points be different?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:04:09 AM

Merits are not reversible... when you go to send an smerit(s) to someone, there is a note below the sending of the smerit saying, "This cannot be undone!" which means that the sending of the smerit is not reversible, once you send the smerit, the merit is forever received by the recipient, and forever subtracted from your smerit bank... 

The warning seems pretty clear and unambiguous, and it even has the exclamation mark in it... which serves as a kind of emphasis, I suppose.

alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:08:21 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2018, 06:18:46 AM by alisafidel58

I really hope there's not. Merit system is pretty hard right now, and also you want to add an option to remove wrong merits?
If you send bitcoin to the wrong address is there any chance to get it back? Why should merit points be different?

Your analogy is worse.

Merit is an in-forum option that you gave to someone who deserves it. Dont ever compare an in-forum system to bitcoin transaction. Those two have different entity.
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:09:05 AM

Every time you earn 1 Merit you also earn 0.5 sMerit [Sendable Merit] but the stats will not show 0.5 sMerit, its show the nearest full number amount [no decimal point], so you have to earn 2 Merit to have back 1 sMerit

Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: