Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:12:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit & new rank requirements  (Read 166577 times)
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:16:35 PM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

then selling Merit Rank-ups should be no different.

I think this is a fantastic idea.  Let me take it just a bit further!  There are so many people complaining about the new merit system that there should be a way that a user can opt (pay a small fee perhaps) in to using the old activity ranking system.  This way everyone will be happy!!  If you like the merit system opt in to it, if you prefer the old ranking system opt in to it, win-win!!!

Oh I almost forgot to mention, opting in to the old ranking system comes with one little sacrifice.  Anyone opting in to the old ranking system would have there signature privileges removed permanently, NO SIG FOR YOU.

Now lets see all these whining shitposters and farmers opt in to the old system they loved sooooooo much...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:30:21 PM

Is there an info graphic so I can understand the dynamic when members discover a merit source and engage in merit stalking?
I'm not talking about merit begging here, that I understand.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
xBoxLive

Activity: 266
Merit: 25

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:03:14 PM

I think this is a fantastic idea.  Let me take it just a bit further!  There are so many people complaining about the new merit system that there should be a way that a user can opt (pay a small fee perhaps) in to using the old activity ranking system.  This way everyone will be happy!!  If you like the merit system opt in to it, if you prefer the old ranking system opt in to it, win-win!!!

Oh I almost forgot to mention, opting in to the old ranking system comes with one little sacrifice.  Anyone opting in to the old ranking system would have there signature privileges removed permanently, NO SIG FOR YOU.

Now lets see all these whining shitposters and farmers opt in to the old system they loved sooooooo much...

Thats a awesome idea. I could care less about the sig campaign. I wouldn't make it in one to begin with Grin
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:11:20 PM

Yeah all the whining shitposters and farmers who doesnt like the merit system dont pay attention to what theymos stated before about removing signature and all kind of way to get money from forum if the merit is not succesful enough to decrease all the shitposter and spammer in this forum.
I guess the really want that to happen.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 02:19:44 PM

Thats a awesome idea. I could care less about the sig campaign. I wouldn't make it in one to begin with Grin

You might be in a very small minority here. The only real benefit of ranking up is a bigger signature with more styling options and an avatar. That's the reason all these guys are whining about it being difficult rank up. Not that it is difficult to anyone using the forum for its intended purpose, it's only difficult for spammers with no interest in Bitcoin.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
xBoxLive

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:29:28 PM

You might be in a very small minority here. The only real benefit of ranking up is a bigger signature with more styling options and an avatar. That's the reason all these guys are whining about it being difficult rank up. Not that it is difficult to anyone using the forum for its intended purpose, it's only difficult for spammers with no interest in Bitcoin.

I do believe that is true. Story of my life :/
lassbo

Activity: 4
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:49:17 PM

The activity requirement for membership ranks should be removed. All it does is encourage the spamming of pointless messages, which leads to low-quality discussion literally everywhere in this forum.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 04:30:36 PM

The activity requirement for membership ranks should be removed. All it does is encourage the spamming of pointless messages, which leads to low-quality discussion literally everywhere in this forum.

What a silly statement. Activity is there to reduce the potential gains from spamming. In my day when I have become involved in some heated discussions in a forum, I've managed 200 or 300 posts in a day, activity is there to ensure that only an average of 1 per day would count for ranking.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
belyaevi

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:30:55 PM

I personally don't have the time to live on Bitcointalk.org. I work 50+ hours a week and login to bitcointalk.org about twice a day to sale misc goods. Now is this fair to me, or others like me, that we can't rank up because of this? Again, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. And I'm fairly sure you know mine. Point is, if Theymos can sell whitelist to be able to post more on Bitcointalk, then selling Merit Rank-ups should be no different.

If you only use the forum to sell stuff - why do you care about merit and rank?

Thats really simple and a dump question both. Who will get more sales? Legendary vs Member

Member with green trust would probably get more sales than Legendary with red.

You really made an awesome comment here. Most of the members do not realize this and they talk bout not being able to get merits. Many among them do not need any merits at all (just like in this case). If I am getting a good service at reasonable price from a Junior member, I will keep buying from him. I also provide some online services on other forums and all buyers chat with me before placing the order. Any experienced buyer can judge you in minutes  with the conversation you do with him. I had also purchased services from other members there and it makes no difference to me if the member has any special badge associated him there.
shailkumari

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:37:50 PM

Nice to see , everyone suggesting changes to the merit system as per his  or her own convenience. No one is really concerned about the forum and whether it is benefited by the merit system or not. I think the admin should make hings more strict for spammers with future changes and never ask for any suggestions from members here before making those changes.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10132

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:59:47 PM

I think this is a fantastic idea.  Let me take it just a bit further!  There are so many people complaining about the new merit system that there should be a way that a user can opt (pay a small fee perhaps) in to using the old activity ranking system.  This way everyone will be happy!!  If you like the merit system opt in to it, if you prefer the old ranking system opt in to it, win-win!!!

Oh I almost forgot to mention, opting in to the old ranking system comes with one little sacrifice.  Anyone opting in to the old ranking system would have there signature privileges removed permanently, NO SIG FOR YOU.

I think that the merit system is like various forms of public insurance.  

The way that the system works the best is if everyone follows the same system, so paying for an opt out system would likely not be a reasonable solution on any kind of overall practical basis - even if there may be limited ways to go with this kind of opt out in limited circumstances, perhaps?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
xBoxLive

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:04:21 PM

I think this is a fantastic idea.  Let me take it just a bit further!  There are so many people complaining about the new merit system that there should be a way that a user can opt (pay a small fee perhaps) in to using the old activity ranking system.  This way everyone will be happy!!  If you like the merit system opt in to it, if you prefer the old ranking system opt in to it, win-win!!!

Oh I almost forgot to mention, opting in to the old ranking system comes with one little sacrifice.  Anyone opting in to the old ranking system would have there signature privileges removed permanently, NO SIG FOR YOU.

The way that the system works the best is if everyone follows the same system, so paying for an opt out system would likely not be a reasonable solution on any kind of overall practical basis - even if there may be limited ways to go with this kind of opt out in limited circumstances, perhaps?

So being able to buy whitelist is ok for Brand New members? You can't have it both ways.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10132

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:25:40 PM

So being able to buy whitelist is ok for Brand New members? You can't have it both ways.

The administrators of the forum can do whatever they want, even if it is contradictory.  I am not advocating any change, and therefore, I have no burden to back up what I am saying.  I am just pointing out a problem with the concept of opting out  - or having a parallel system.   if you are advocating some kind of opt out system then you have the burden to show with either logic or evidence that it is practical, and you need to convince theymos, not me.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:36:39 PM

Yeah all the whining shitposters and farmers who doesnt like the merit system dont pay attention to what theymos stated before about removing signature and all kind of way to get money from forum if the merit is not succesful enough to decrease all the shitposter and spammer in this forum.
I guess the really want that to happen.

I certainly would like to see sig's removed from the forum.  I know I am in the vast minority on this one but hey a guy can dream can't he?!
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:05:26 PM

The administrators of the forum can do whatever they want, even if it is contradictory.  I am not advocating any change, and therefore, I have no burden to back up what I am saying.  I am just pointing out a problem with the concept of opting out  - or having a parallel system.   if you are advocating some kind of opt out system then you have the burden to show with either logic or evidence that it is practical, and you need to convince theymos, not me.

Sorry for the double post (to lazy to edit the last one lol).  TBH I meant this more metaphorically. Shitposters are here exclusively for the sig space and good members enjoy some passive income for something they are already doing.  In reality almost no one would opt in for the old activity ranking system (with sig space permanently removed). 
tekusa

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:36:46 PM

Is there an info graphic so I can understand the dynamic when members discover a merit source and engage in merit stalking?
I'm not talking about merit begging here, that I understand.

You want information about merit sources . What do you plan to do after getting that  information as you have already ruled out the possibility for merit begging ? Will you go through their posts and start commenting there to get their attention ? This will not work with the merit sources as they are very much experienced and will easily spot this behavior. They may even add you to ignore lists. Forum admin has intentionally kept the identity of these merit sources secret as he was aware of the possible consequences of revealing it.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:39:53 PM

Are you OK being a legendary member but have no access to your signature space to put your links in it? if you are wearing a signature of your own business, you are essentially in a signature campaign. this forum wasn't like this. people were getting into a campaign because they were so good at posting, that you would've loved having them wearing your signature and taking the advantage of their positive impact on every topic they were posting on. it only turned into an industry, when everybody figured that, they could collect more funds with quantity rather than quality.

Because there was not enough time for potential investors to get acquainted with a few high quality posters. it turned into an industry but the forum kept the old policies of a classic community.

🖤😏
Praveen Bhardwaj

Activity: 135
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 09:04:02 AM

DROP SOME MERIT PLS...OR GIVE A WAY TO INCREASE THEM.
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1176

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:41:15 AM

With that kind of post you more likely dont receive any merit. Try to keep making quality, constructive posts and you will surely be rewarded over time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Hero of Legendary

Activity: 94
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:24:42 AM

You know brother, I'm feeling pitiful on your side. This post will make you more miserable because you made yourself a beggar instead of creating a quality post.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 329 »
  Print  

Jump to: