Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:58:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 349 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628506 times)
Yunus

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:09:35 PM

Hey Dargo,

I started using "1password 4" password vault which is a password management program and I wanted to save my Kraken credentials there.  On the login screen Kraken asks for username, password and 2fa token all on the same screen, but because the 2fa token changes quickly the password vault doesn't work because it only stores one value for the 2fa field.  Other sites prompt for username and password on the login screen and then load a second screen asking for 2fa token if the user has 2fa enabled.  Is there any chance you could chance the login process do like that? One screen to prompt for username and password and a separete screen after for 2fa token? 

Anyone else like this idea or is it only me?
Is there a reason the 2fa token field is included on the login screen?  Was that just for convenience?
Peace.

Hi Medicine,

I am sure Dargo is going to respond to this soon, so here is just a quick suggestion: I haven't personally worked with 1password4, but I know that username, passwords, 2fa on one screen are completely fine if you use an app like Google Authenticator to generate the 2fa token.
So in 1password4, do you have two separate vaults for the password and the 2fa token and does that create the problem?

Maybe I don't fully understand the problem...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 03:16:14 PM

Hey Dargo,

I started using "1password 4" password vault which is a password management program and I wanted to save my Kraken credentials there.  On the login screen Kraken asks for username, password and 2fa token all on the same screen, but because the 2fa token changes quickly the password vault doesn't work because it only stores one value for the 2fa field.  Other sites prompt for username and password on the login screen and then load a second screen asking for 2fa token if the user has 2fa enabled.  Is there any chance you could chance the login process do like that? One screen to prompt for username and password and a separete screen after for 2fa token?  

Is there a reason the 2fa token field is included on the login screen?  Was that just for convenience?
Peace.

Hi Medicine,

I am sure Dargo is going to respond to this soon, so here is just a quick suggestion: I haven't personally worked with 1password4, but I know that username, passwords, 2fa on one screen are completely fine if you use an app like Google Authenticator to generate the 2fa token.
So in 1password4, do you have two separate vaults for the password and the 2fa token and does that create the problem?

Maybe I don't fully understand the problem...

well, in 1 vault I can store multiple password and username pairs.  It's just that when I setup the Kraken pair, it also saves the 2fa entered data, so if I try to login again the 1password 4 program enters the old 2fa token and I get a failed login.  Maybe I need to fool around with the program more and see if it will only save the username and password fields and not the 2fa field.  Let me try that and report back.

Ok, after playing around I solved the problem, if anyone is interested in this kind of password vault, you can select the account and click edit.  In the edit screen it allows you to remove selected fields so I removed the 2fa field for the Kraken account and then you can also edit the submit option.  I set that to never submit, so it will not attempt to login.  The result is, it now enters the username and password data and then stops.

I withdraw my request above.  I was just being lazy I guess.  Thanks Yunus.
ParkExcite

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:20:46 PM

Is there any delay in withdrawal this week ?

I ordered one last monday and still nothing on my bank account.

Same here, any problem ?

Thanks
CybeRoky

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:18:28 PM

@Dergo

Are u and your staff planing to add VertCoin as well on Kraken in near future?
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:19:52 PM

Hey Dargo,

I started using "1password 4" password vault which is a password management program and I wanted to save my Kraken credentials there.  On the login screen Kraken asks for username, password and 2fa token all on the same screen, but because the 2fa token changes quickly the password vault doesn't work because it only stores one value for the 2fa field.  Other sites prompt for username and password on the login screen and then load a second screen asking for 2fa token if the user has 2fa enabled.  Is there any chance you could chance the login process do like that? One screen to prompt for username and password and a separete screen after for 2fa token? 

Is there a reason the 2fa token field is included on the login screen?  Was that just for convenience?
Peace.

It sounds like you got this sorted out. But to answer your question, the advantage of having all login credentials on one screen is that it doesn't imply any information about what part of the login credentials are wrong on a failed login attempt - say for an attacker trying to gain access to your account. Having a separate screen for 2fa implies that you've entered the correct username and password if you make it to the 2fa screen.

Of course, we could make it so you get the 2fa screen even if you don't enter the right username and password (and maybe other sites do this). But the problem with doing it this way is that legitimate users who are having trouble logging in will still tend to assume that they've entered the correct username and password if they make it to the 2fa screen, which will be an obstacle to trouble-shooting the problem if they are having trouble. 

I'm not familiar with the "1password 4" management application, but if it can generate 2fa, this is a feature that shouldn't be used anyway. The whole point of 2fa is that you need control of a second device (or at least a second application). It's not as secure to have a system where anyone who gains access to your password manager will have all your login credentials. Even if the application is just letting you enter your 2fa from another device through it, I don't think I'd do this - I'd rather keep my 2fa completely separate from the password manager so the 2fa is a completely separate credential channel.

The approach you arrived at is probably best from a security standpoint, even if it's a little less convenient. 
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:25:27 PM

Is there any delay in withdrawal this week ?

I ordered one last monday and still nothing on my bank account.

Same here, any problem ?

Thanks

SEPA or wire? I'm not aware of any issues with SEPA. Fidor did get behind on wires, but they've reported to us that they are caught up and keeping up, so hopefully no significant delays there either. But obviously you should make a support ticket for this if you haven't already.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:26:25 PM

@Dergo

Are u and your staff planing to add VertCoin as well on Kraken in near future?

We have no plans to add VertCoin at the present time.
medicine

Activity: 697
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 12:06:53 AM

Hey Dargo,

Peace.

It sounds like you got this sorted out. But to answer your question, the advantage of having all login credentials on one screen is that it doesn't imply any information about what part of the login credentials are wrong on a failed login attempt - say for an attacker trying to gain access to your account. Having a separate screen for 2fa implies that you've entered the correct username and password if you make it to the 2fa screen.

Of course, we could make it so you get the 2fa screen even if you don't enter the right username and password (and maybe other sites do this). But the problem with doing it this way is that legitimate users who are having trouble logging in will still tend to assume that they've entered the correct username and password if they make it to the 2fa screen, which will be an obstacle to trouble-shooting the problem if they are having trouble. 

I'm not familiar with the "1password 4" management application, but if it can generate 2fa, this is a feature that shouldn't be used anyway. The whole point of 2fa is that you need control of a second device (or at least a second application). It's not as secure to have a system where anyone who gains access to your password manager will have all your login credentials. Even if the application is just letting you enter your 2fa from another device through it, I don't think I'd do this - I'd rather keep my 2fa completely separate from the password manager so the 2fa is a completely separate credential channel.

The approach you arrived at is probably best from a security standpoint, even if it's a little less convenient. 
Yes, you are right.  The program does not have anything to do with 2fa.  It doesn't store any of that info at all.  After reading your explanation I agree that having 2fa on the opening login screen is a good idea.
Thanks
Kalram

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:29:57 AM

I'm also having quite a long withdrawal delay, it's my 7th day of waiting, whereas other people usually only wait 2 to 5 days.
(It's a SEPA transfert, support ticket n° 22998.)

Are you sure there ain't any problem regarding withdrawal  Huh
Freekiiee

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:56:18 AM

I'm also having quite a long withdrawal delay, it's my 7th day of waiting, whereas other people usually only wait 2 to 5 days.

+1 Same here..

Ticket 22945

Don't want to come off as an impatient idiot, but it would be nice if the ticket would actually be followed up upon, besides assigning it to Sophia Wink
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:49:08 PM

+1 Same here..

Ticket 22945

Don't want to come off as an impatient idiot, but it would be nice if the ticket would actually be followed up upon, besides assigning it to Sophia Wink

As I said before, I'm not aware of any withdrawal issues. I'll check with our payment tracing team later today, but as of last Friday there weren't any known issues. You're not coming off as impatient, but impatience would be understandable anyway when it comes to your money. Sorry you didn't get a reply yet - I've sent a reminder to the agent, but she should have contacted you on Friday.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:58:26 PM

There's a separate thread about this, but for those who didn't notice, we passed our proof of reserves audit. It's just for bitcoin reserves, but we'll definitely look at adding other currencies later.

Thread about the audit here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=528432.0

Explanation of the audit process and how to verify the inclusion of your balance here:

https://www.kraken.com/security/audit
Freekiiee

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:30:49 PM

+1 Same here..

Ticket 22945

As I said before, I'm not aware of any withdrawal issues. I'll check with our payment tracing team later today, but as of last Friday there weren't any known issues. You're not coming off as impatient, but impatience would be understandable anyway when it comes to your money. Sorry you didn't get a reply yet - I've sent a reminder to the agent, but she should have contacted you on Friday.

Well I don't know in what time zone she lives, but she is probably still rehursing for the SILENCE of the lambs.. Still no word from Sophia Sad
Kalram

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:59:17 PM

It seems someone at Kraken knows about the problem, if this article is right :
http://cryptomining-blog.com/1746-possible-issues-with-kraken-withdrawals-around-the-17th-of-march/

I ordered my withdrawal on March 17th, right in the timeframe pinned in this report.

I was trading at Bitstamp before that, and gave Kraken a go for the good reviews we can read everywhere. Bad choice it seems.
I might however give this exchange a second chance, if this issue is solved quickly.

For the moment I'm still waiting for my ticket to be answered.
GiorgosK

Activity: 478
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 03:26:56 PM

I think people need to know
I have registered since early December and I have been verified
but for a strange reason I am locked out

I have send about 10 support emails and all I receive is
go to the site and ask for a new password bla bla bla

at one point one of the support guys asked me details about my account
probably to verify that it was actually me who hold the account
but the next email ended up being one and the same

I receive a support email from them once every 15 days
with the same info and I am still unable to login

I have requested new passwords many times
new OTP passwords numerous times
and I am an experienced internet user
but after 4 months I am still unable to login

thank god I have no money/btc in the account otherwise I would be really PISSED

just putting it out there for other people to be careful with their nonexistent support

BitBay - The Future of Free Markets  |  BCT thread  |  https://bitbay.market
Dynamic Peg  - Whitepaper out  -  Working implementation to be released soon
Web Markeplace coming Fall 2018
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:35:30 PM

It seems someone at Kraken knows about the problem, if this article is right :
http://cryptomining-blog.com/1746-possible-issues-with-kraken-withdrawals-around-the-17th-of-march/

I ordered my withdrawal on March 17th, right in the timeframe pinned in this report.

I was trading at Bitstamp before that, and gave Kraken a go for the good reviews we can read everywhere. Bad choice it seems.
I might however give this exchange a second chance, if this issue is solved quickly.

For the moment I'm still waiting for my ticket to be answered.

I talked to the payment tracing team and some withdrawals from March 17th are delayed. We're currently working with Fidor to diagnose and resolve the issue.
Kalram

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 05:23:19 PM

Thanks for the information, I got an answer to my ticket, my case is being investigated.

I'll let you know when the issue is solved.
bibbit

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:09:01 PM

When Kraken starts issuing on Ripple, will it issue under the currency codes used on Kraken or those that are prevalent on Ripple? Kraken uses XBT for bitcoin, but every other Bitcoin issuer on Ripple uses BTC.

This has an impact on whether or not users can allow rippling through their account between other Bitcoin issues and Kraken's Bitcoin issue. If Kraken chooses to use BTC, then Kraken's issue will be inconsistent with their on-exchange code, but it will make Kraken's in-Ripple issuance more liquid since since it can participate in rippling with Bitcoin issues from other gateways.

Besides the people who allow rippling on a 1:1 basis, simply because they trust both issuers equally, it seems likely that others would be interested in setting a small transit fee between Kraken's and other gateway's issues to get some compensation for providing liquidity (setting a transit fee on letting the pathfinding algorithm swap out different issuers' currency is lower maintenance than putting offers up on the order book, because when you use the transit fee, you don't have to keep putting up offers as they are consumed. One simply makes the desired percentage as volume sloshes back and forth between different gateways).

Having that liquidity for your customers will become more important as merchants increasingly start accepting Ripple payments, since it can lower the amounts your customers pay when the merchants want non-Kraken currencies. It is just something to consider as Kraken builds out Ripple integration.

bahamapascal

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 11:04:58 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 11:33:35 PM by bahamapascal

Just want to report that I am really satisfied with kraken (so far)! Yesterday evening I uploaded my documents for verification and maybe 7 hours later when I woke up, I was already verified!
I then deposited some bitcoin, sold it and made a international withdraw (though with an intermediary bank in Germany)  and within two hours the withdraw status changed from "processing" to "send"!

Now after reading about this long delays I am a bit concerned, dose "send" mean that the fidora bank has send it or dose it mean that kraken made the request at fidora?

Well I hope we can keep you satisfied! "Send" just means the request has been sent to Fidor. Give the wire 5 business days, so if you don't get it by next Thursday let us know.

Just want to report that I am more then Satisfied with your service, I received the International wire transfer the SAME DAY IT WAS SEND, I called my bank on Friday (5 days later from the day were I initiated the withdraw) and couldn't believe them when they told me the money had already arrived 5 day earlier, today I went to them in person and double checkt, the money is really there.
I have no idea how an international wire transfer can be that fast, but it only took hours for it to arrive! Maybe it went that fast because I used an intermediary bank located in Germany, that might be the trick, I don't know.

Any ways, I am more then happy with your service, keep up the great work!
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:20:14 PM

I think people need to know
I have registered since early December and I have been verified
but for a strange reason I am locked out

I have send about 10 support emails and all I receive is
go to the site and ask for a new password bla bla bla

at one point one of the support guys asked me details about my account
probably to verify that it was actually me who hold the account
but the next email ended up being one and the same

I receive a support email from them once every 15 days
with the same info and I am still unable to login

I have requested new passwords many times
new OTP passwords numerous times
and I am an experienced internet user
but after 4 months I am still unable to login

thank god I have no money/btc in the account otherwise I would be really PISSED

just putting it out there for other people to be careful with their nonexistent support

If you PM me your ticket number, I can look into this for you.
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... 349 »
  Print  

Jump to: