Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:38:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 163 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Setup & Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S miner  (Read 452140 times)
shiunsai

Activity: 759
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:02:20 AM

if we find a block on our worker, do we get a super bonus??? Cheesy

I found one for btcguild, no bonus tho Sad

omgggg you found a block!!!!.........if only that was solo mined......haha, I think you should get a bonus.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shiunsai

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:05:04 AM

green light turns on for one second, then off for two seconds, and repeats while beeping every three seconds. is this connectivity loss or a power issue? It's weird because it only happens to one out of my three miners, and its very random.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:45:39 AM

Good Evening All

I seem to be having an issue with my Ant Dual....It keeps rebooting every 30 seconds (ish). It then lights up, it starts hashing and then it powers down. Wait 5 - 10 seconds and it fires up again.  Huh

It keeps doing the same thing over and over.

Anyone give any advice as it would be most appreciated!

Thank you

What PSU are you using?

Im experiencing the same problem...today i havent been able to mine, i wonder if i could send the machine back to the factory as i am so annoyed with this!!! For one Bitcoin difficulty is on the rise badly and now this machine is beeping like dnt know what...its useless...never happened before, gave it a nice corsair 750 to feed right amount of power etc...and keeps beeping...works fine for a little while and then disconnects and beeps...i want to kick it out the window.... Huh ... i wont... Cry but i think i will cry...

Have you checked all the screws holding heatsink in place Huh What are the temps of chain 1 & 2 Huh As a last resort,I'd look & see if the heatsink compound is sufficient,maybe not enough compound..............

Is your miner hooked by Ethernet or wireless Huh  Some networks are complex & if not setup correctly can lead to disconnects  Sad

HI there
I ve been mining for over a month and never had this issue. Everything seems fine, their are not hot at all, they are cold, i didnt even changed anything to do with the settings and i use ethernet...i gave the machine a big fan to cool it down all this time...i have been looking after it well...keeps flashing green and ethernet connection flashes as well ...before fan use to kick and run and now...not even that...grrrrrrrrrrr turned it off a few times to restart and ... nothing. I have rebooted it...it seems a zombi now...lol... cnt cry now, lol...im laughing.

I'm not sure what the beeping is..........anyone Huh

Is there a fuse in these things Huh  You can't access the web page Huh Have you carefully checked all the cables Huh  Have you switched PSU's Huh  

Maybe the outlet went bad on the wall Huh  Got anther fan you can swap with Huh

Shootin down stupid stuff,cause I'm learning about these myself,I just got 2 of these a few days ago  Roll Eyes  But I do read ALOT here  Wink

If all else fails,start a ticket,they may have info or do an RMA  http://bitcoinhardware.co.vu/bitmain/

Wasn't there a manual of some sort you can download Huh  Found it!!!  http://www.ricomputers.com/antminermanual.pdf

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
MisterLG

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:03:54 AM

Beeping means the miner lost the connection to the internet

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:42:27 AM

Beeping means the miner lost the connection to the internet

Correct!
shiunsai

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:27:36 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 02:21:58 AM by shiunsai

Good Evening All

I seem to be having an issue with my Ant Dual....It keeps rebooting every 30 seconds (ish). It then lights up, it starts hashing and then it powers down. Wait 5 - 10 seconds and it fires up again.  Huh

It keeps doing the same thing over and over.

Anyone give any advice as it would be most appreciated!

Thank you

What PSU are you using?

Im experiencing the same problem...today i havent been able to mine, i wonder if i could send the machine back to the factory as i am so annoyed with this!!! For one Bitcoin difficulty is on the rise badly and now this machine is beeping like dnt know what...its useless...never happened before, gave it a nice corsair 750 to feed right amount of power etc...and keeps beeping...works fine for a little while and then disconnects and beeps...i want to kick it out the window.... Huh ... i wont... Cry but i think i will cry...

Have you checked all the screws holding heatsink in place Huh What are the temps of chain 1 & 2 Huh As a last resort,I'd look & see if the heatsink compound is sufficient,maybe not enough compound..............

Is your miner hooked by Ethernet or wireless Huh  Some networks are complex & if not setup correctly can lead to disconnects  Sad

HI there
I ve been mining for over a month and never had this issue. Everything seems fine, their are not hot at all, they are cold, i didnt even changed anything to do with the settings and i use ethernet...i gave the machine a big fan to cool it down all this time...i have been looking after it well...keeps flashing green and ethernet connection flashes as well ...before fan use to kick and run and now...not even that...grrrrrrrrrrr turned it off a few times to restart and ... nothing. I have rebooted it...it seems a zombi now...lol... cnt cry now, lol...im laughing.

Yo man, I had the exact same problem and I've been troubleshooting like crazy, make sure it has sufficient power and i'm guessing you're running them wirelessly because when it mines, it constantly flashes, when it has no internet it makes these beeps with periodic green blinks.

unplug/replug router and modem when it happens, and also, before I had my miners up right so the fan pointed upwards, dont do that, have them sideways as if you were going to stack them, because dumb me, I had the fan on the top, so the heat was being trapped underneath.

I allowed good space between the miners, brought the wireless router closer to them and its' been going smooth since. I also went into my wireless settings and changed the mbps by a lot, my miners are avereraging higher hashrate and dont lose connectivity now.

once I get my new PSU or call cox to fix my ethernet ports (whichever comes first) then i'm setting up dd-wrt, you should too if you haven't, and then you won't have to worry about that problem anymore since they'll be running via ethernet. Sometimes when it beeps, i would go into the login of the miner through my wireless box or ethernet direct connect laptop to miner,   then troubleshoot from there(disconnect reconnect) there are a lot of things around it, are you using wireless from the miner itself or dd-wrt'?

The beeping and it stop making noise as if it's hashing and then stop hashing while keeping beeping periodically happened to me and frustrated the shit out of me for the 3 days prior, especially with my expedited shipping, but its all good now. *knock on wood*  I'll refresh periodically, lemme know if you need any help brutha.
bronxnua

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:48:33 PM

3 365 919  is how many shares the site tells me I am hashing.    on the Antminer  S1 it is saying 33500 or so..  What the hey.  I have overclocked mine to 400mhz and I get about 2 rejected and 6000 hw errors.
... DiffA or DiffA# ... on the web page ...

Not sure it is www.triplemining.com

navigator

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:07:10 PM

shinusai, where you say
"and also, before I had my miners up right so the fan pointed upwards, dont do that, have them sideways as if you were going to stack them, because dumb me, I had the fan on the top, so the heat was being trapped underneath."

I think you may confuse people with this. Because at first you say don't stack them with the fan pointed upwards. And then you say you had the fan on top?

Actually if the stock fan is on the bottom and blowing air upward, that would probably be the best way to have them. I haven't test that yet tho. Hot air rises so being horizontal means you are pushing air out and then it floats upward. If you mount the miner vertical, it will only push air in one direction, up. This may be the ideal position if you can allow adequate space and cool air from the bottom.

Also I see in your pictures that you have a few miners stacked. I wouldn't do this unless you are in a climate-controlled building or have modified your cooling. I would space them apart as much as possible. For the home user, you shouldn't let heat from 1 miner get near the heat of another if possible.
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:14:08 PM

The factory aluminum heatsinks do an amazing job.

With the fan blowing through them, on the outside boards very cool the first half, the 2nd half closer to end is luke warm.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:40:15 PM

stacking is ok for me..

The ants come marching 2 by 2, hooraa, hooraa.

http://imgur.com/a/WzEvL#2

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
bronxnua

Activity: 92

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:56:48 PM

stacking is ok for me..

Wow  how many btc per day you hashing?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 11:50:21 PM

stacking is ok for me..

Wow  how many btc per day you hashing?

It would be about 0.49 BTC/day

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:12:32 AM

3 365 919  is how many shares the site tells me I am hashing.    on the Antminer  S1 it is saying 33500 or so..  What the hey.  I have overclocked mine to 400mhz and I get about 2 rejected and 6000 hw errors.
... DiffA or DiffA# ... on the web page ...

Not sure it is www.triplemining.com

... the miner web page ...

You picked the wrong number ... "33500"

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Shenkong

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:12:44 AM

I just purchased 2 of these fans,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A6Z0AS6/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The specs are comparable to the original fan and make a good replacement or secondary fan.  I installed them as secondaries.  Even though the connector is 5-pin it will still connect to the 4-pin header with no modification to the connector.  The pins will need to be rearranged though to match up correctly with the pins on the antminer.  I didn't have long screws to attach it so I just pulled 2 from the existing fan.  Don't tighten the screws completely or the fan blades will brush up against the antminer.  Leave them loose or add a grommet between the fan and the antminer.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2004vma.jpg

Hello,

I would like to add a second fan. I found a good one but the connector is differnt. Maybe I need to change it also. I need to know the pin layout from the Antminer.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/321321954082?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Exampel:

1  -
2  +
3 rpm
4 pwn

Thanks

Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:16:06 PM

shinusai, where you say
"and also, before I had my miners up right so the fan pointed upwards, dont do that, have them sideways as if you were going to stack them, because dumb me, I had the fan on the top, so the heat was being trapped underneath."

I think you may confuse people with this. Because at first you say don't stack them with the fan pointed upwards. And then you say you had the fan on top?

Actually if the stock fan is on the bottom and blowing air upward, that would probably be the best way to have them. I haven't test that yet tho. Hot air rises so being horizontal means you are pushing air out and then it floats upward. If you mount the miner vertical, it will only push air in one direction, up. This may be the ideal position if you can allow adequate space and cool air from the bottom.

Also I see in your pictures that you have a few miners stacked. I wouldn't do this unless you are in a climate-controlled building or have modified your cooling. I would space them apart as much as possible. For the home user, you shouldn't let heat from 1 miner get near the heat of another if possible.

Interesting.  I have 4 of the stacked vertically.  No heat issues at all.  Now I do have a fan on the back side sucking air out also, don't now if that has anything to do with temps. 

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 12:33:21 PM

shinusai, where you say

Interesting.  I have 4 of the stacked vertically.  No heat issues at all.  Now I do have a fan on the back side sucking air out also, don't now if that has anything to do with temps. 
I think we're walking the line between "heat issues" and "volume issues" here... you can stack these things as close as you like and they will cool themselves enough, but the stock fan will get really loud. If you space them out you get better airflow and lower fan speed so they are quieter but the fan PWM should keep them around the same temp... 40-43. It also depends whether you are overclocking or not as that increases the temps dramatically and the heat will also increase hardware errors.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 01:21:32 PM

shinusai, where you say

I think we're walking the line between "heat issues" and "volume issues" here... you can stack these things as close as you like and they will cool themselves enough, but the stock fan will get really loud. If you space them out you get better airflow and lower fan speed so they are quieter but the fan PWM should keep them around the same temp... 40-43. It also depends whether you are overclocking or not as that increases the temps dramatically and the heat will also increase hardware errors.

I'm getting the same hardware errors I was getting when they were separate.  I have all 4 of them over clocked and the temp is no higher than 45C.  I do plan on placing more fans on it, to move air horizontally across the blades. 

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
HerrHeimlich

Activity: 234

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:09:06 PM

Hi,

has anybody experience with changing the fan in an modell which is not so noisy? Can anyone give me a hint which fan is the best for this? Also as second fan?

Best regards

Joerg
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 03:44:18 PM

Hi,

has anybody experience with changing the fan in an modell which is not so noisy? Can anyone give me a hint which fan is the best for this? Also as second fan?

Best regards

Joerg

the stock fan has massive (>120cfm) airflow. If replacing look for at least that, or pair up 2 fans that are capable of at least 90cfm+ , assuming the exhaust fan helps cut down of airflow loast out the top/bottom

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
ryliou

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:35:43 PM

Help, after I setup the
IP: 192.168.2.254, Gateway:192.168.2.1, DNS:blank/or 192.168.2.1
The IE couldn't find the AntMiner by http://192.168.2.100 (on Miner).
And the Network Connection is always [Cable disconnected].
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 163 »
  Print  

Jump to: