Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:27:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 163 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Setup & Troubleshoot] Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S miner  (Read 452140 times)
Share2Care

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:10:25 PM

Good Evening All

I seem to be having an issue with my Ant Dual....It keeps rebooting every 30 seconds (ish). It then lights up, it starts hashing and then it powers down. Wait 5 - 10 seconds and it fires up again.  Huh

It keeps doing the same thing over and over.

Anyone give any advice as it would be most appreciated!

Thank you
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:16:33 PM

Good Evening All

I seem to be having an issue with my Ant Dual....It keeps rebooting every 30 seconds (ish). It then lights up, it starts hashing and then it powers down. Wait 5 - 10 seconds and it fires up again.  Huh

Thank you

What PSU are you using?
Share2Care

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:23:40 PM

Good Evening All

Thank you

What PSU are you using?

Seasonic 650W Gold - Running one miner Smiley
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1821

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:51:43 PM

3 365 919  is how many shares the site tells me I am hashing.    on the Antminer  S1 it is saying 33500 or so..  What the hey.  I have overclocked mine to 400mhz and I get about 2 rejected and 6000 hw errors.
... DiffA or DiffA# ... on the web page ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
DevonMiner

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:04:56 PM

I found the earlier units (up until the 2.2/2.4BTC pricing rounds) usually ran in the 48-54 degree range when i clocked at 387 or 400. The newer revision tends to be happier sitting in the 43-47 degree range, perhaps due to the slightly bigger fan.

I agree ... get the same higher temp range with older Ants (newer ones are lower as you say) ... although I upgraded the fan(s) and have one at each end to pull the air through ... clocked all of mine at 375 (now really happy with the HW error rate).

Fitted Akasa AK-FN073 Viper 140mm on 120mm body PWM fans at each end ... great airflow ... and SOO quiet.

Bitmain rock ... really impressed by their service and the miners, and the fact that they will only take orders and ship when they have stock.

>> Other companies take note ... many don't have a product, so don't try and live on pre-orders ... KNC?/BF/ et all ...

The BIG question for me is .... what does Bitmain have up it's 'production' sleeve? S1's are now on limited release, and maybe for some time.

.... is the S2 on the way?

I hope so ... as hashing power will be continually pushed for a return.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:09:58 PM

My one sits in the middle 40's as the 2 temps.
It's the middle of summer here - it sits in my underground garage but without any ambient cooling other than where it is.
So ... yeah 60 does sound high to me.
Mine is also one of the early 1st batch ones, and I run it at default 180GH/s
I've no idea what has changed in the hardware since that.

The 60's is as high as you want to go as the cut off in the config's is set to 70 but in playing about with the configs I now know that part of the config file does not get add to the init script that kicks off cgminer.

Kano, have you seen the code for this fork and does is have temp monitoring in the driver?
Well ... I paid for my Antminer Tongue
So I was gonna work on some of it once it was in the master git ...
However it seems no one is able to submit a working pull request, and it also breaks API compatibility so I'll never accept the API changes.

Meanwhile, yep there is an overheat flag in there, that seems like it might stop mining and start again when it cools, but I've not checked it actually works ...

Quite a while ago I asked about a way to connect it to USB on a computer rather than the silly Wrt thing, but I never heard back about a board/cable to convert the 10 wide pin thing to normal USB ... building and testing code changes on the Wrt would be an eternal pain.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
tranzsport

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:31:46 PM

It's the middle of summer here - it sits in my underground garage but without any ambient cooling other than where it is.

It's still cold as a bitch where I live, I have my miners in my glassblowing room which has constant airflow so i haven't seen an temps go above 50, so i'd say space them apart a bit, maybe add a fan, and like kano said, move it to a lower location.

I found the earlier units (up until the 2.2/2.4BTC pricing rounds) usually ran in the 48-54 degree range when i clocked at 387 or 400. The newer revision tends to be happier sitting in the 43-47 degree range, perhaps due to the slightly bigger fan.

totally agree..
even with the newest firmware which claims to set new target fan speeds for the temperature is no help..
conceptxp

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:39:55 PM

The 60's is as high as you want to go as the cut off in the config's is set to 70 but in playing about with the configs I now know that part of the config file does not get add to the init script that kicks off cgminer.

Kano, have you seen the code for this fork and does is have temp monitoring in the driver?
However it seems no one is able to submit a working pull request, and it also breaks API compatibility so I'll never accept the API changes.

Meanwhile, yep there is an overheat flag in there, that seems like it might stop mining and start again when it cools, but I've not checked it actually works ...

Quite a while ago I asked about a way to connect it to USB on a computer rather than the silly Wrt thing, but I never heard back about a board/cable to convert the 10 wide pin thing to normal USB ... building and testing code changes on the Wrt would be an eternal pain.

Do you think get a Ethernet Cable convert to USB Port would work?    I have one of this device however I don't have time to try out.
ineedit

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:01:13 AM

I finally found the github for bitmaintech cgminer, .h shows the default settings as

#define BITMAIN_TEMP_TARGET 50
#define BITMAIN_TEMP_HYSTERESIS 3
#define BITMAIN_TEMP_OVERHEAT 60

and the driver does seem to honour overheat although I wasn't sure if it would fully support external setting of the params via a modified init.d script.

I see what you mean about the API and ckolivas subtle comments of it being a hack and slash from the Avalon driver. I have never compiled for a wrt so I could comment on how much of a pain that would be but I am reasonably sure that the 10 wide pin thing is a JTAG connector but good luck with picking one and a set of drivers that will work because they are very target chip dependent.

If I have been help then please show your thanks         BTC: 127PRogAVZiV3fEmpJERh9KemK3a3Ffh6G         LTC: LXghFL8mZffpTFkm2nRTesuDrV5DJQP3Js
marimax

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:12:16 AM

Good Evening All

Thank you

What PSU are you using?

Im experiencing the same problem...today i havent been able to mine, i wonder if i could send the machine back to the factory as i am so annoyed with this!!! For one Bitcoin difficulty is on the rise badly and now this machine is beeping like dnt know what...its useless...never happened before, gave it a nice corsair 750 to feed right amount of power etc...and keeps beeping...works fine for a little while and then disconnects and beeps...i want to kick it out the window.... Huh ... i wont... Cry but i think i will cry...
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:18:26 AM

Good Evening All

Thank you

What PSU are you using?

Im experiencing the same problem...today i havent been able to mine, i wonder if i could send the machine back to the factory as i am so annoyed with this!!! For one Bitcoin difficulty is on the rise badly and now this machine is beeping like dnt know what...its useless...never happened before, gave it a nice corsair 750 to feed right amount of power etc...and keeps beeping...works fine for a little while and then disconnects and beeps...i want to kick it out the window.... Huh ... i wont... Cry but i think i will cry...

Have you checked all the screws holding heatsink in place Huh What are the temps of chain 1 & 2 Huh As a last resort,I'd look & see if the heatsink compound is sufficient,maybe not enough compound..............

Is your miner hooked by Ethernet or wireless Huh  Some networks are complex & if not setup correctly can lead to disconnects  Sad

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:21:18 AM

I have never compiled for a wrt so I could comment on how much of a pain that would be but I am reasonably sure that the 10 wide pin thing is a JTAG connector but good luck with picking one and a set of drivers that will work because they are very target chip dependent.
The code they submitted uses our usbutils.c so it would have to be standard USB
I wrote the original usbutils.c and Con has made a lot of changes/improvements since then, but it is still standard USB, nothing else - thus the reason for my assumption that the 10 pin connector is USB plus ?

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:21:22 AM

The USB runs as a diff pair directly from the MCU to the hub and from there to the AR chip, it never actually goes out to a header. You might have to do some soldering to get direct USB access.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:23:55 AM

The USB runs as a diff pair directly from the MCU to the hub and from there to the AR chip, it never actually goes out to a header. You might have to do some soldering to get direct USB access.
However, the only thing running from the 2nd board to the WRT is the 10 pin cable, so I'm not sure Smiley

Edit: i.e. either the code they submitted isn't correct (and they have violated the GPL3 license) or it must be standard USB somewhere ?

MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:28:46 AM

However, the only thing running from the 2nd board to the WRT is the 10 pin cable, so I'm not sure Smiley
I'm confused, what 10 pin cable? You're talking about the small controller board right? At least on mine, it has 3 ribbon cables.
4 pin
1-3v3
2-3v3
3-GND
4-GND

8 pin (x2) to hashing board
1-Fan PWM
2-Fan Speed
3-RX
4-GND
5-TX
6-TEMP_SCL
7-TEMP_SDA
8-GND

No USB runs to a header that I can see at all.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:39:53 AM

I'm confused, what 10 pin cable? You're talking about the small controller board right? At least on mine, it has 3 ribbon cables.
4 pin
1-3v3
2-3v3
3-GND
4-GND

1-Fan PWM
2-Fan Speed
3-RX
4-GND
5-TX
6-TEMP_SCL
7-TEMP_SDA
8-GND

Oh my mistake - yes 8 pins, not 10 pins. I did mean the 8 pin cable.

So somehow pin 6+7 is converted to USB on the WRT board?

As I said, the code they submitted is pure USB.

Edit: OH! Could 3+5 be the USB pins?

marimax

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:22:45 AM

Good Evening All

Thank you

What PSU are you using?

Have you checked all the screws holding heatsink in place Huh What are the temps of chain 1 & 2 Huh As a last resort,I'd look & see if the heatsink compound is sufficient,maybe not enough compound..............

Is your miner hooked by Ethernet or wireless Huh  Some networks are complex & if not setup correctly can lead to disconnects  Sad

HI there
I ve been mining for over a month and never had this issue. Everything seems fine, their are not hot at all, they are cold, i didnt even changed anything to do with the settings and i use ethernet...i gave the machine a big fan to cool it down all this time...i have been looking after it well...keeps flashing green and ethernet connection flashes as well ...before fan use to kick and run and now...not even that...grrrrrrrrrrr turned it off a few times to restart and ... nothing. I have rebooted it...it seems a zombi now...lol... cnt cry now, lol...im laughing.
MrTeal
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:22:56 AM

4 pin
1-3v3
2-3v3
3-GND
4-GND

1-Fan PWM
2-Fan Speed
3-RX
4-GND
5-TX
6-TEMP_SCL
7-TEMP_SDA
8-GND

There's two boards there, the main Antminer Controller and the small blue daughterboard that's soldered to it. It's a very similar logical layout to the Avalons, really. There is a serial link from each of the blades to the PIC microcontroller on the controller board over the 8 pin cables. The microcontroller has a USB pair that runs to one of the downstream ports on the USB hub chip, and from the hub the upstream port runs over traces to the daughterboard. Unlike the Avalons, the USB is never broken out as a cable so there's nothing to unplug. Also, none of those USB D+/D- pairs are broken out to headers, so without desoldering the WRT daughterboard there's no real way to tap into the USB.
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:27:31 AM

Very professional assessment Mr Teal   Grin
palawan

Activity: 386

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:14:56 AM

4 pin
1-3v3
2-3v3
3-GND
4-GND

1-Fan PWM
2-Fan Speed
3-RX
4-GND
5-TX
6-TEMP_SCL
7-TEMP_SDA
8-GND

There's two boards there, the main Antminer Controller and the small blue daughterboard that's soldered to it. It's a very similar logical layout to the Avalons, really. There is a serial link from each of the blades to the PIC microcontroller on the controller board over the 8 pin cables. The microcontroller has a USB pair that runs to one of the downstream ports on the USB hub chip, and from the hub the upstream port runs over traces to the daughterboard. Unlike the Avalons, the USB is never broken out as a cable so there's nothing to unplug. Also, none of those USB D+/D- pairs are broken out to headers, so without desoldering the WRT daughterboard there's no real way to tap into the USB.

I posted a few days ago about this but your information matches what I saw in my limited research/knowledge.  I was planning to buy a TP Link WR743 router and open it up to see if I'm successful in wiring it up to one of the S1 blades (after installing openwrt), and if I somehow learn through that process how to convert the 8-pin flat ribbon cable to USB by hooking it up to "breaker" box and seeing which pin goes to which signal, but the Bitmaintech PDF lays out what you have there that it's nothing like a USB pin-out, which makes sense as you describe it as a serial connection to the PIC microcontroller.

I really want a way to connect S1 blade to a computer/Motherboard I have lying around, and I thought easiest way is to convert the 8pin FRC to a USB port, but since that's out of the question as it interfaces to a PIC controller by way of serial communication.

Here's an option I might consider and I do have a Raspberry Pi not used for anything right now...  I just need to read up on it to see if it might allow me to interface to the Ant S1 blade.

http://goo.gl/S6s6v2

halu
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 163 »
  Print  

Jump to: