Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:15:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 [2108] 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 03:40:20 AM

I've got a lot of catching up to do in this thread, also.  For now, I will say a few things off the top of my head. 

First, we have got to pay more attention to NXT as a 1st generation coin, and call it a coin, without parentheses or apologies.  We need vendors to accept it and people to want it.  NXT cannot be mined and the ability to forge it requires one to buy it on an exchange first.  We have to give people a reason to buy NXT.  That reason cannot be as a stake to forge more NXT because without exception newcomers are dramatically disappointed when they figure out the true numbers that underlie NXT forging. Doge has a fun factor.  NXT has zero fun factor.  It is a frustrating experience all the way thru - getting a client set up and running, dealing with a super long password or losing all your NXT if you don't, realizing you're not going to make anything of true value by forging with small stake quantities, asking yourself what can you do with this coin you just bought....  Repeat:  NXT is frustrating, Doge is fun.  WE MUST LEARN FROM DOGE AND BE FUN.

Second, we have got to identify just what is 2nd generation about this coin that we really truly are going to support.  Mixing/Zerocash anonymity?  Peer to peer AE?  Multisig gateways to other coins?  Transparent forging TF to get high transaction speed?  Multiple blockchains?  Pruning the main blockchain?  BCNext's latest out-of-left-field proposal for instant transactions based on some kind of multiple account?  Jesus, even the guy with the secret plan is proposing new ideas before completely revealing his old ideas.  This gives me a headache and a stomach ache at the same time. 

TF and 1000TPS is what sold me on this coin and is the ONLY feature we have that is above and beyond all Bitcoin clones and even Etherium on the horizon.  I get that 1000TPS would take dev work, but I thought TF was a done deal.  Now it's not?

Third, we have got to pull together as a team and FOCUS.  FOCUS.  FOCUS.  Maybe the funding committees are the start of this.  I hope so.   I would go so far to say that there needs to be yet another committee election, for a leadership committee, one with no money or unspent NXT behind it at all, just the raw power to say "NXT IS GOING TO DO THIS."  and whose members then can stand up on a stage, virtual or real, in front of people and tell them that NXT is on a course to SOMEWHERE.

Maybe I'm just in dictator withdrawal from pushing the election over the goal line.   Maybe sleep will help.  G'nite.

I think NXT's focus should be on completing TF to increase the transaction speed, P2P AE and multiple blockchains.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrianNowhere

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 03:55:51 AM

I didn't donate to "Songs of Love" because it's ridiculous.  There are millions of children who are sick.  Singing to them will do nothing.  How about trying to cure their illness.

wow, sophisticated thought process  Roll Eyes

This is the main reason I didn't donate.

Also, one of the singers was a stripper.  If I had a sick child, I would not want a "former" stripper singing to them.  I'm not going to support that garbage.  They couldn't find a better role model?  Seriously?

That's very judgy of you. Strippers are not the devil, they just dance for money naked. Why are you afraid of the naked female form? And she was a former stripper. Are you saying anyone who ever did anything outside of the box in their life should not be allowed to donate their time to a charity?

Now, I'm judging you.

I'm crushed. Don't know how I'll ever recover.

NXT: 4957831430947123625
brooklynbtc

Activity: 336

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:38:04 AM

Hang in tough NXTers!

Weekend is here. Or half over, depending on your view.
Committee elections are over, efforts are in place to centralize the work for just the amount of time required to get the jobs done.

Even the "Freegan Anarchist Bookfair and Slam Poetry Fest®" needs a publicist, and accountant. We can put our heads and hearts (and unclaimed coins) to work for the common good.

Thanks for all the support from RickyJames, and everyone who put in their time, effort, and opinions.

To the Moooon

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:48:42 AM

Hang in tough NXTers!

Weekend is here. Or half over, depending on your view.
Committee elections are over, efforts are in place to centralize the work for just the amount of time required to get the jobs done.

Even the "Freegan Anarchist Bookfair and Slam Poetry Fest®" needs a publicist, and accountant. We can put our heads and hearts (and unclaimed coins) to work for the common good.

Thanks for all the support from RickyJames, and everyone who put in their time, effort, and opinions.

To the Moooon

You're the guy who tried to discredit JustaBit and Nifty. Whatever you say is worthless if that's the case.

And no: the unclaimed committee has no more say than others in what direction NXT is heading, the only thing the committee is going to do is evaluate different proposals and decide which you think deserve funding the most in a transparent way, so that if the community see you guys fucking up, you will get kicked out. That's why we have a treasurer
AJMiles

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:57:30 AM

I've been a proactive supporter of NXT due to its unique features offered to the community; however, I would like to see NXT become something websites adopt.

What are some ways NXT can help websites utilize its features?  and what kind of results can the website (business) expect out of those features?
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 05:36:34 AM

I've been a proactive supporter of NXT due to its unique features offered to the community; however, I would like to see NXT become something websites adopt.

What are some ways NXT can help websites utilize its features?  and what kind of results can the website (business) expect out of those features?

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

If NXT can achieve a high tx rate, it would be beneficial for your business to integrate with the NXT network.

I think NXT's best chance of achieving fast transactions is to offload them onto a parallel blockchain which is secured selectively by large stakeholders using high end hardware.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
^[GS]^

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:13:02 AM

I found a very similar template at http://nxtra.org/nxt-client/

http://jumpstartthemes.com/themes/admin-themes/canvas-admin/

Just for curious. xD

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 06:16:58 AM

I think NXT's best chance of achieving fast transactions is to offload them onto a parallel blockchain which is secured selectively by large stakeholders using high end hardware.

I would like to offer up a suggestion as to how the Nxt project could move forward in a way that can please both those wanting high performance and those wanting forging on low-grade hardware whilst at the same time solving the initial distribution *problem*.

The suggestion is NXG (Nxt Green or Nxt Gen if you prefer) which would be a separate currency to NXT but still based on NxtCore. It would use a different blockchain to NXT and also a different port for its comms. When AT is implemented a use case would be added for atomic cross-chain transfers between NXT and NXG.

In order to obtain NXG an "exit account" would be created (in much the same way that Mastercoin did) and all funds sent to that account would be used to pay for the development of NXG. The distribution of NXG would be up to its supporters to work out but presumably it would be such that those who have been so far unhappy with the distribution of NXT will be happier.

I would suggest the fees for NXG would be kept much higher than those for NXT making it appealing to those with low-grade hardware to forge (assuming NXG is going to still push the forging angle).

If the community decided to go down this path then I think TF *as originally planned* (i.e. with the "penalty") should proceed for the NXT blockchain and the major focus for the NXT blockchain would be to lower fees and achieve extremely high TPM figures that will appeal to "big business".

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 06:19:47 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 06:55:46 AM by landomata

I think NXT's focus should be on completing TF to increase the transaction speed, P2P AE and multiple blockchains.

+100 ...these are what gives us advantage in this brutal market.  

2Kool4Skewl (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 06:40:28 AM

I would like to offer up a suggestion as to how the Nxt project could move forward in a way that can please both those wanting high performance and those wanting forging on low-grade hardware whilst at the same time solving the initial distribution *problem*.

The suggestion is NXG (Nxt Green or Nxt Gen if you prefer) which would be a separate currency to NXT but still based on NxtCore. It would use a different blockchain to NXT and also a different port for its comms. When AT is implemented a use case would be added for atomic cross-chain transfers between NXT and NXG.

In order to obtain NXG an "exit account" would be created (in much the same way that Mastercoin did) and all funds sent to that account would be used to pay for the development of NXG. The distribution of NXG would be up to its supporters to work out but presumably it would be such that those who have been so far unhappy with the distribution of NXT will be happier.

I would suggest the fees for NXG would be kept much higher than those for NXT making it appealing to those with low-grade hardware to forge (assuming NXG is going to still push the forging angle).

If the community decided to go down this path then I think TF *as originally planned* (i.e. with the "penalty") should proceed for the NXT blockchain and the major focus for the NXT blockchain would be to lower fees and achieve extremely high TPM figures that will appeal to "big business".

This is a really good idea.  The AE should remain on the NXT blockchain to allow fast IOU payments.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:52:38 AM

You're the guy who tried to discredit JustaBit and Nifty. Whatever you say is worthless if that's the case.

I voted for BrooklynBTC based on the PM that you are so upset about, Uniqueorn. I will tell you why...

Just by sending it, it showed he was thorough and creative enough to check the list of people that had not voted and then send a direct mail to each of them asking for the vote.

This is the sort of thing that gets results in the world of marketing, and we need people like that on our marketing committee.

I also disagree that he was trash talking the other candidates unfairly. He pointed out that they both work for the same charity and suggested that they may form a bloc that steers money towards their favorite philanthropic pursuits.

Maybe they would have and maybe they wouldn't have. BrooklynBTC raised the question, and his PMs got him the votes he needed.

I hope he brings the same sort of zeal to his Nxt marketing efforts.
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:06:27 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 07:33:22 AM by Fatih87SK

We can make NXT fun by integrating our NXT game or other games into the client of Wesleyh.

Or integrating something like Spotify in it where you can buy music with NXT. This way you make it very easy and fun for the consumer.

There are already wallets that have games on them like Flappycoin.

We can have poker or something.

Possible?

NXT + Poker + Music + NXTshop. I would use the client all day long.

allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:09:54 AM

So,NXG can be called nxgcoin?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:15:17 AM

So,NXG can be called nxgcoin?

NXT-G or NxtG - currency code NXG

edit: It is a superb idea on many levels, well done CIYAM!
BrianNowhere

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 07:41:45 AM

I'd just like to make a statement about the "initial distribution problem" if I may.

The initial stakeholders don't owe anyone here a goddamn thing. They took the huge risk by buying in early while everyone else called NXT a scam coin. They are under NO obligation to re-distribute the wealth to all those, including me, who missed out because of cynicism or ignorance or whatever. If NXT becomes a huge success, they and they alone deserve to be hugely rewarded for taking that risk. they have every right as free citizens of planet earth to do damn well whatever they please with their windfall.

That being said, if these stakeholders hope to see their investment mature to the point where they'll be able to perhaps buy a trip on Branson's Spaceship one day, they should invest in the future health of NXT in whatever way they see fit based on their own rational self interest.

There's no shortage of affordable NXT on the market. If you want some it's ripe for the picking on an exchange at mere pennies apiece. It's not too late to possibly book your own seat on a future Virgin voyage by simply not making the same mistake twice, taking a risk and buying some NXT. Then and only then will it will be your turn to decide how to invest your hard won investment in a way that you feel will make NXT grow even more.

I'm not a libertarian personally, but I really can't think of anything more free market than the way NXT has unfolded. I have no problem with the original folks being HUGELY rewarded because if they do then I'll be doing pretty good myself. It surprises me to see so many people in this community asking for socialism and redistribution of the wealth.

Regarding the NXG idea, I have to think on that before commenting. I do have one small critique which is that I can't imagine anyone being able to pronounce NXG. "That hotdog will be 10 NXG please." I just can't imagine it.

Eadeqa

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:47:38 AM

If your password is halfway decent maybe it takes them a couple of years to break it

If your password is random 128-bit (around 22 characters with A-Z, a-z and --0-9 characters), it can't be brute forced, not in 2 years, not in 2 billion years

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:50:01 AM

I'd just like to make a statement about the "initial distribution problem" if I may.

The initial stakeholders don't owe anyone here a goddamn thing. They took the huge risk by buying in early while everyone else called NXT a scam coin. They are under NO obligation to re-distribute the wealth to all those, including me, who missed out because of cynicism or ignorance or whatever. If NXT becomes a huge success, they and they alone deserve to be hugely rewarded for taking that risk. they have every right as free citizens of planet earth to do damn well whatever they please with their windfall.

That being said, if these stakeholders hope to see their investment mature to the point where they'll be able to perhaps buy a trip on Branson's Spaceship one day, they should invest in the future health of NXT in whatever way they see fit based on their own rational self interest.

There's no shortage of affordable NXT on the market. If you want some it's ripe for the picking on an exchange at mere pennies apiece. It's not too late to possibly book your own seat on a future Virgin voyage by simply not making the same mistake twice, taking a risk and buying some NXT. Then and only then will it will be your turn to decide how to invest your hard won investment in a way that you feel will make NXT grow even more.

I'm not a libertarian personally, but I really can't think of anything more free market than the way NXT has unfolded. I have no problem with the original folks being HUGELY rewarded because if they do then I'll be doing pretty good myself. It surprises me to see so many people in this community asking for socialism and redistribution of the wealth.

Regarding the NXG idea, I have to think on that before commenting. I do have one small critique which is that I can't imagine anyone being able to pronounce NXG. "That hotdog will be 10 NXG please." I just can't imagine it.

I'd pronounce NXG "next-gee" - 'that hotdog will be 10 next-gee'
BrianNowhere

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 07:55:32 AM

If your password is halfway decent maybe it takes them a couple of years to break it

If your password is random 128-bit (around 22 characters with A-Z, a-z and --0-9 characters), it can't be brute forced, not in 2 years, not in 2 billion years

what about a 30 character memorizable brain wallet with some randomness and weirdness thrown in?

Example:

this sentence i am using for an example of a kickass password

thiSsentenceIaMusingforAnexampleOfaKickAsspAssword

thiSsent44enceIaMusingforAnexa-))mpleOfaKickAsspAssword!

How secure is something like the above?

BrianNowhere

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 08:03:07 AM

That could work. Kinda sounds like X-G when coupled with the ten.

"one Next-Gee"
"two Next-Gee"
"three Next-Gee"
"four Next-Gee"
"five Next-Gee"
"six Next-Gee"
"seven Next-Gee"
"eight Next-Gee"
"nine Next-Gee"

I'm kinda getting used to it.

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 08:06:50 AM

That could work. Kinda sounds like X-G when coupled with the ten.

In fact you could tie in a picture of a little horse (a "gee-gee") and you've got a "meme coin" as well!

What out DOGE - a little horse is going to trot all over you. Grin

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Pages: « 1 ... 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 [2108] 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: