Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:40:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 [2154] 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:37:34 PM

Just to let you guys know that I will be "unwatching" the topic shortly.

It has certainly been an interesting ride but it has been made clear to me that "software engineering" is not wanted by those writing the software and therefore I feel that I have nothing more to contribute.

I wish you guys all the best.

hope come back asap,we will miss you.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:44:35 PM

Any suggestions about Parallel Chains? If not then I'll stick to BCNext's draft.
maximum parallel chains is ?
all parallel chains use the same Nxt Wallet?

According to BCNext all chains r secured by the same stake.
Got it,thank you.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
igmaca

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:46:39 PM

It Should be Observed That this probability does not outstretch to 0 (asm! 1) if the bad guy has at Least 1 = 3 of allactivebalances inthe network in the case of U-algorithm (corresondingly, At Least 1 = 2 in the case of exp-algorithm). There should exist some methods for speci c network against protectingthe Such an attack in the CASE WHEN there is risk that (active) relative balance of the bad guy theabove Could Become larger than threshold

it may be a good idea to limit the forging power of accounts by some xed  threshold,  e.g.,  if  an  account  has  more  than,  say,  300K  NXT,then it forges as if it had exactly 300K NXT. Of course, a rich guy cansplit his fortune between smaller accounts, but then all those accountswould forge roughly as one big account (without threshold) under Exp-algorithm.   One  can  one  use  the  computationally  easier  U-algorithmwithout having the drawbacks discussed in this section.

Roll Eyes

Yes... that is true...  but from a mathematical point of view we cannot calculate an optimal forging limit...  from what the author said...

so it must be a combination of things I suppose...  and it looks like you might be on the right track.

i agree
igmaca

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:48:09 PM

I've completed the 1st draft of my article about forging from a probabilistic point of view: http://www.docdroid.net/9yub/forging.pdf.html

Comments, suggestions, (and donations Wink) are welcome!

Please, discuss it here: https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=836 (or send me a PM). Unfortunately, I won't be able to follow this thread in the next few days.

limit forging power 1/3 active balance.

this means you need to continuously monitor which is the total active balance everytime and limit forging power to 1/3 active balance maximun per account.

ok so you want to limit effectiveBalance to max value possible equal to 1/3 of balance.  I dont understand your last sentence at all.  What is the point of 1/3, why not 1/4?

Quote from: mthcl
Quote from: igmaca

this means you need to continuously monitor which is the total active balance everytime and limit forging power to 1/3 active balance maximun per account.

this can be interesting as inlet will penalize large accounts for small.

You mean 1/3 of total active balance (i.e., of all accounts together)? Yes, this may be a good idea (not with 1/3, which is kind of critical, but, say, 0.1). I only  don't know if this is computationally costly...
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:55:19 PM

I've completed the 1st draft of my article about forging from a probabilistic point of view: http://www.docdroid.net/9yub/forging.pdf.html

Comments, suggestions, (and donations Wink) are welcome!

Please, discuss it here: https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=836 (or send me a PM). Unfortunately, I won't be able to follow this thread in the next few days.

ok so you want to limit effectiveBalance to max value possible equal to 1/3 of balance.  I dont understand your last sentence at all.  What is the point of 1/3, why not 1/4?

Quote from: mthcl
Quote from: igmaca

this can be interesting as inlet will penalize large accounts for small.

You mean 1/3 of total active balance (i.e., of all accounts together)? Yes, this may be a good idea (not with 1/3, which is kind of critical, but, say, 0.1). I only  don't know if this is computationally costly...

I can read, but there is still something Im not getting from what you've recopied and pasted.  How do you propose to limit "1/3 of total active balance (i.e., of all accounts together)" thats impossible to sum up, at least decentralized.  Its just not possible for the network as a whole to know how much total NXt is forging.  even if it did, who do you cut out to get to 1/3.

Where do the numbers 1/3 and .1 come from.  I still dont understand the problem we are trying to solve here
oldnbold

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:55:55 PM

This good enough for y'all?

I'm not sure but isn't this better;

"You will receive 1 NXT Fee once all assets have been sold"

Again. I'm not sure.

Yes, I was going to edit my post for this.

Future tense: You will recieve xNxt when all assets are sold.
Future perfect tense: You will have recieved xNxt when all assets are sold.  

Future perfect is for an action being completed in the future. I think you have it right but it does feel odd...

it makes the most sense to say "you will receive (x)NXT once all assets are sold"

i think there should be a ? for fee too.. stating "1nxt fee immediately is deducted from effective balance for all buy/sell orders"
just in case people think that it is taken after the sale/purchase is made..

when i first started trading i kept placing and canceling buy/sell orders.. on exchanges there is no fee to do that how ever there is on AE..

if people migrate to the AE and do the same they will end up wasting nxt for nothing and get frustrated when they realize they have thrown away 5,10,15 nxt for nothing.. its a stupid thing to have to include but i think it is needed for any newbies that start using the asset exchange. you need an idiot to make it idiot proof :L your welcome ha

I'm using the syntax suggested by another user:

"Once all assets have been sold, you will have recieved xNxt."

Also, about another question mark next to fee, I don't know about that.. What do others think? Can't clutter up the interface with question marks all over Smiley

At some point  tutorial guide will be included in the nxt client, which will guide you through all screens and show you what everything does. That should be good enough, right? Fees are used for every action in the system anyway.

my 2 cents' worth:

As each asset is sold you will receive [   ] NXT making a total of  [  ] NXT once all assets have been sold.

newNEM

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:56:16 PM

Anyone knows the reason of NXT dropping so badly?
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:00:29 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 03:10:30 PM by ChuckOne

Not native.

@ Native English people

Guys, I'm working on Digital Goods Store and need few words/phrases/terms for the following:

- To place goods for sale - offer/list
- Opposite to above (when u cancel selling this goods) - delist
- A comment that is left by a customer when they r (not) satisfied with the quality of purchased goods - review
- A tag that is used to describe goods to make it easier to find them (like "game", "online", "mmorpg" for online game codes) - keyword/tag
- A process of send goods to buyers (actually it's publishing encrypted text on the blockchain) - shipping

Further sources of inspiration: Amazon, Ebay etc.

**EDIT** I see, after catching up: irrelevant.
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:02:22 PM

I can read, but there is still something Im not getting from what you've recopied and pasted.  How do you propose to limit "1/3 of total active balance (i.e., of all accounts together)" thats impossible to sum up, at least decentralized.  Its just not possible for the network as a whole to know how much total NXt is forging.  even if it did, who do you cut out to get to 1/3.

Where do the numbers 1/3 and .1 come from.  I still dont understand the problem we are trying to solve here

There is no problem to solve.

The paper is an analysis of how many much NXT do you need to own to control the chain aka damage the NXT ecosystem because you control it.
newNEM

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:13:53 PM

Anyone knows the reason of NXT dropping so badly?

my guess is the early adopters are trying to sell off as much as possible and spread out distribution before the price spikes after AE launch.. once the prices rises people wont be able to buy as much and will be harder to distribute Nxt.

haha, that is a good interpreting. BTW, what is AE? any link or info regarding this?
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:14:26 PM

Did you want some TestNxt ?
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:16:14 PM

is this "free-falling" of the price motivated by the "Sayonara Baby" of CYAM??
opticalcarrier

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:16:36 PM

FORUMS.NXTCRYPTO.ORG users:

Adminius over there is btc24 here.  Seems to have just completely vanished, hit by a bus, something, whatever.  Last login on either site was end of January.  Not responding to any of my PMs on either site.  Im not sure as to how long his equipment is paid up for - what happens if 1 day its just shut off?  So do we wait for that day or do we try to do something now?

This extended absence coupled with the fact that we still have no email password recovery coupled with the fact that we still experience unknown reasons for logouts gives me reason to post here and ask the community what are the thoughts?  I will post this on the forums as a vote.
https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=865

If we want to migrate elsewhere, does anyone have any forums hosting they know we can use?  I can change the DNS A record for forums.nxtcrypto.org to be whatever IP address whenever it needs to change.

Community vote.  Or maybe btc24 comes back.
Hegemon

Activity: 152

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:17:32 PM

is this "free-falling" of the price motivated by the "Sayonara Baby" of CYAM??

here is why this monster thread is boring with people reading 1 page/10
opticalcarrier

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:18:12 PM

https://forums.nxtcrypto.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=836

I read that earlier today.  did you read that?  it was arbitrary, no math behind it.
wesleyh

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:19:34 PM

Adminius over there is btc24 here.  Seems to have just completely vanished, hit by a bus, something, whatever.  Last login on either site was end of January.  Not responding to any of my PMs on either site.  Im not sure as to how long his equipment is paid up for - what happens if 1 day its just shut off?  So do we wait for that day or do we try to do something now?

This extended absence coupled with the fact that we still have no email password recovery coupled with the fact that we still experience unknown reasons for logouts gives me reason to post here and ask the community what are the thoughts?  I will post this on the forums as a vote.

If we want to migrate elsewhere, does anyone have any forums hosting they know we can use?  I can change the DNS A record for forums.nxtcrypto.org to be whatever IP address whenever it needs to change.

Make a new site, waited long enough. And next time, make sure there are at least 2 administrators so that this won't happen again.
rdanneskjoldr

Activity: 288

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:26:58 PM

Am i the only one waiting for a statement or something from the new committees??Not with their plans yet,but  at least saying they have agreed for a first meeting.
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:28:32 PM

+1

Now is the right time to migrate to a new board with a gui similar to bct. I think it is important to have only a real small number of sub boards, otherwise, ideas are cluttered all over the place and no one cares (like right now with nxtcrypto and nextcoin.org). Dev- and Marketing board should be sufficient for the start. That way, we could maybe get the whole pack to the new board.

Who's gonna do this?
bidji29

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:28:59 PM

my 2 cents' worth:

As each asset is sold you will receive [   ] NXT making a total of  [  ] NXT once all assets have been sold.

+1

http://www.freebieservers.com/  100% FREE GAME SERVERS
wesleyh

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:33:35 PM

my 2 cents' worth:

+1

Sounds good. will implement.
Pages: « 1 ... 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 [2154] 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: