Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:55:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Moving Forward/Resolution Process  (Read 291882 times)
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:09:37 PM

"The bitcoins are simply not there anymore" is the new "and it's gone." How can they "simply" not be there anymore? That's not how bitcoin works, either Ukyo stole them or someone else stole them. Bitcoins in the blockchain don't just disappear. It's one thing to not be able to release the details of the issue (although I still wish you had), but why share extremely vague nonsense?

Cryptocyprus: If payments really start being made, then I tip my hat to you and you'd be a hero for many if you can help them even come close to being made whole. That said, I don't know why you bother writing things like "the bitcoins are simply not there anymore." My feeling up till now is that any information is better than no information but that's not really the case when the information is absurd.

I don't have good feelings about any of this, but on the chance that you and Ukyo are acting in good faith, I thank you for your time and effort and wish you the best of luck in resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Well it's pretty obvious Neo&Bee helped Ukyo stay out of jail. Only question is what do they get in return. 

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:32:18 AM

I think no one wants a bailout. However, if the situation can be solved without involving Neo's funds (which I trust Danny will do) I don't see anything wrong.
Funds or not, the amount of time that should be spent by Neo here is zero. People's time isn't free, far from it.

I agree with this sentiment, as a shareholder.  I want Neo & team to be working on ways to earn me profit.  As far as I'm concerned, if we are not profiting from the BF/WeEx deal, Danny shouldn't waste his time with it.

To me it looks like Neo shareholders are not really getting anything out of this.  Maybe Danny can clear up that point, what do we get out of it (financially speaking). I don't care about the public perception of bitcoin in regards to a failed exchange, and if that's the reward, then it certainly isn't worth Neo's time and effort.

At the end of the day, the best way to shore up the trustworthiness of Bitcoin is not through BF bailouts, it's through a successful Neo operation.

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:58:06 AM

I think no one wants a bailout. However, if the situation can be solved without involving Neo's funds (which I trust Danny will do) I don't see anything wrong.
Funds or not, the amount of time that should be spent by Neo here is zero. People's time isn't free, far from it.

I agree with this sentiment, as a shareholder.  I want Neo & team to be working on ways to earn me profit.  As far as I'm concerned, if we are not profiting from the BF/WeEx deal, Danny shouldn't waste his time with it.

To me it looks like Neo shareholders are not really getting anything out of this.  Maybe Danny can clear up that point, what do we get out of it (financially speaking). I don't care about the public perception of bitcoin in regards to a failed exchange, and if that's the reward, then it certainly isn't worth Neo's time and effort.

At the end of the day, the best way to shore up the trustworthiness of Bitcoin is not through BF bailouts, it's through a successful Neo operation.
I don't know if you read Danny's post but he did say:
"Neo & Bee has no exposure to the liabilities of WeExchange. The solution will enable Neo & Bee and all of those involved in Bitcoin to benefit greatly in the future."

User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:43:21 AM

I have been brought in by Jon (Ukyo) to help with the situation.
If people don't want me to help towards getting their coins back just say, lawyer up, go for it yourselves (Good luck)
Which one is it again?

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:21:20 AM

The amount of idiots who blame Neo & and Bee for helping Ukyo makes me sick. They don't have any liability towards the users of BitFunder and WeExchange. All of the responsibility and liabilities are still on Ukyo and his WeExchange company.

Neo & Bee helping is a good thing, not a bad, because the chance to get the funds back is higher and the timeframe is shorter compared to Ukyo doing it all alone.

cryptocyprus, don't listen to ungrateful idiots and trolls.

Anyways, I have a couple if bitcoins now at WeExchange, they were automatically transferred from BitFunder to WeExchange two days ago. Should I initiate a withdrawal or should I wait until you fix it? I'm in no hurry and would rather initiate the transfer that will be executed quickly than withdraw now and wait until you fix it anyway...

+1

I just logged in to Weexchange and I discovered I still have 0.86 BTC in there which I had completely forgotten. However, when I try to do a withdrawal I get the following error: "Could not connect to 2nd stage server"
Clearly you missed a complete whole major part of the problem.

That error you got, is the "Weex" version of the BitFunder problem.
It started well over a month ago ...

Many people before me, and myself on the 15th of Nov, have attempted to withdraw funds from Weex and they have disappeared due to that error and so far no sign of them.
Yes the Weex balance has disappeared also.
This was stated by Ukyo to be a transaction problem with his bitcoin server that only occurred to a small % of people.
I pretty sure most people have doubts about the truth of that statement he made.

I don't at all understand why BTC is being sent to Weex since Weex is a major part of the problem:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=337523.0

My Australian legal advice states:
Code:
Bitcoins held by Weex have been delivered to it to hold until instructed otherwise.
They are not delivered to be used by Weex for any purpose whatsoever.
Consequently they are held on trust and Weex is bound by both civil and criminal law regarding its dealings with them.

I've highlighted one word ...
"bound by both civil and criminal law"

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
DobZombie

Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:21:44 AM

Jon (Ukyo) is now here with me in Cyprus to ensure this problem is resolved for everyone involved.
If you promise to support my family, following me making that information public at this very moment in time.
You will have to excuse the fact that I value my freedom.

I'm not tring to be hostile here, but this reads to me as...
"Uyko had fled the country"
&
"I may be an accomplice to a crime"

This whole thing is really starting to give me the shits. It's like everyone out there is attempting to take away all the Bitcoin I was going to use for IVF.

*sighs*

If I go through everything you have ever written I could make all kinds of assumptions when taking selected words.

You should be a journalist.

If people don't want me to help towards getting their coins back just say, lawyer up, go for it yourselves (Good luck) and I will reduce my targets by their amounts and continue towards getting everyone that is happy it their coins back. In fact it will make my life much easier.

Hey, no need to be a dick.

I said I was not trying to be hostile. I just wanted a clarification on the wording you were using and how your post read to me.

I'm not dave110011, no need to get defensive and all pissed off at me.

Embarrassed

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
DobZombie

Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:39:33 AM

I got an apology from Danny in  PM.

As I said to him it takes a big bloke to do that.

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:01:53 AM

I don't think some people are actually catching on to what's going on here and are immediately thinking the worst of the very person who is trying to get them their money back. Neo aren't going to do anything detrimental to their business and they aren't going to throw away shareholder funds. Neo didn't make the problem but are hoping to offer a solution.

Also, some of the 'facts' being posted by others are not true. Inferences are being made which are incorrect. It may not seem obvious but that's because the full story hasn't been released. Everything said by Ukyo or Neo tallies with my knowledge so far and no one has been lied to afaik.

Finally, certain people here are outright trolling for entertainment. It's no coincidence that they have little or often no money at stake when looked into further.

I'm going to be absolutely clear on this. If neo (or someone similar) weren't helping, there is very little chance any of us would see more than a tiny handful of coins returned, if anything at all, including if you take all the legal action in the world.

If neo, or similar, can help successfully, we'll get them all.

It is an absolute no brainer, and it's sad seeing Danny getting abuse for it. The community has been shafted one time too many and apparently can't see a good thing when it happens.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 12:18:34 PM

It is an absolute no brainer, and it's sad seeing Danny getting abuse for it. The community has been shafted one time too many and apparently can't see a good thing when it happens.

Yes, the community has been shafted over and over, it is an absolute no-brainer.
There's currently absolutely nothing to suggest that this is any different.
Same stall tactics.
Same broken promises.
Same allusions to "we can't tell you 'coz NDA and/or government."  Not even that explicit -- Just "legal reasons."
This has been successful in delaying legal action.  Ukyo has been afforded a chance to exit US, and is now in Cyprus according to Danny.  Implying that NeoBee has no liabilities at this point is disingenuous.
There's nothing sad about sleeping with dogs and waking up with fleas.  It should be expected.  Inability to predict such consequences speaks volumes about a person's ability to make business decisions.
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 12:25:07 PM

I believe everything will be fine for NB investors, and at this stage people affected by BF will be happy with anything they can get back. In any case, not much we can do except wait and see what happens in the next weeks.
jbest8283

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 12:29:20 PM

The fact that cryptocyprus still posts here is mind blowing. THIS is the kind of stuff he shouldn't be wasting his time on. Posting one update a month should be sufficient for you asshats. He didn't need to try to get your coins back, he could have just moved on with his life and project.

I will bet money that if this gets resolved and you get your coins back, a very small percentage of you will even take the time to thank him. If he comes out and says "well I tried" you will grab your pitchforks. There was no chance that you were getting your coins back prior to the involvement, keep thinking that way. What's the saying? Don't put in more than you are willing to lose.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:01:00 PM

The fact that cryptocyprus still posts here is mind blowing. THIS is the kind of stuff he shouldn't be wasting his time on. Posting one update a month should be sufficient for you asshats. He didn't need to try to get your coins back, he could have just moved on with his life and project.
Correct - totally true.
So there is something that is stopping him from ignoring the situation, and it isn't the goodness of his heart.
However, it is something, like the rest of this situation, that is hidden.

I will bet money that if this gets resolved and you get your coins back, a very small percentage of you will even take the time to thank him. If he comes out and says "well I tried" you will grab your pitchforks.
... and I'm sure he will be happy with the results of why he is doing this also.

There is only one person to gain from the process - Ukyo - who had the BTC in trust and now seems to no longer have it according to cryptocyprus' words.
For the rest of us, it simply stops us from losing what we are owed and are still waiting for.

There was no chance that you were getting your coins back prior to the involvement, keep thinking that way. What's the saying? Don't put in more than you are willing to lose.
... and what is that statement based on: "... no chance ..."

There are no details given out except what, certainly to date, amount to empty promises.
Nothing has happened so far that has been said would happen.
No details have been supplied except that originally it was stated to be one problem, now it's changed to "the coins are gone" (disappeared magically apparently)

Yes it may happen in the future that we get our coins back, but so far the only thing we've been told that supposedly has happened is that Ukyo can afford to and has left the USA to fly to Greece.

... and the unknown future is: we might get back what we have been owed for a month or more ... as a promise from someone who most of us have no idea who they are and certainly have no details on how they are going to get back the missing BTC. Nothing has been done yet, and the motive for providing the help to Ukyo has not yet been disclosed.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
stonehoo

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:20:39 PM

ukYO, give me back my bitcoin...............
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 03:02:10 PM

I don't think some people are actually catching on to what's going on here and are immediately thinking the worst of the very person who is trying to get them their money back. Neo aren't going to do anything detrimental to their business and they aren't going to throw away shareholder funds. Neo didn't make the problem but are hoping to offer a solution.

Also, some of the 'facts' being posted by others are not true. Inferences are being made which are incorrect. It may not seem obvious but that's because the full story hasn't been released. Everything said by Ukyo or Neo tallies with my knowledge so far and no one has been lied to afaik.

Finally, certain people here are outright trolling for entertainment. It's no coincidence that they have little or often no money at stake when looked into further.

I'm going to be absolutely clear on this. If neo (or someone similar) weren't helping, there is very little chance any of us would see more than a tiny handful of coins returned, if anything at all, including if you take all the legal action in the world.

If neo, or similar, can help successfully, we'll get them all.

So the claims of cryptocyprus that there are no coins and next he says there are only some coins mean that the wallet is broken and only a couple coins are seeable? Now they try to repair the wallet to get access to all coins again?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:28:53 PM

It is either you are a computer geek or business geek, Bitcoin is money given to computer geeks, it was given to them so business retards would stay away, this is an attempt from a business retard trying to be a computer geek, Acta est fabula.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
moribana

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:34:40 PM

The update that I had planned for today shall now be made at noon (GMT+2) tomorrow. Sincere apologies for this, however the information that can be provided tomorrow will be much more detailed than previously expected.

Can I just humbly ask which part of the update contains that "much more detailed" information that you alluded to? As I understand there are two pieces of new information in the update:

1) Ukyo is in Cyprus

2) The coins are gone.

Am I missing something?
axilla

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 11:02:11 PM

I am still running through the numbers from the database, but I don't see you not getting such a small amount in one payment. The "no preferential payments" part of this, is something dictated from above.

It's pretty simple, you have my $50 here (https://blockchain.info/address/1362Fgp2MKTnqBXq5hK8kss2ch3Jb41qb4), give it back to me.

If I had the private key and the legal authority I would  Roll Eyes

Quoted.  At the time Neo&Bee has private keys and legal authority to move any funds I will expect the funds refunded.

Neo & Bee have no liability, this is me as an individual helping you out to ensure you get your BTC back, can I expect a thank you card when its completed or continued demands from you?

the douchey ness of this guy and TAT and anyone else involved in "BTC Investments" is why i sold all shares.. anyone holding shares is just asking to be scammed by everyone of these companies.

Growth-O-Matic Grow your business, and increase brand awareness | While everyone else delivers your news to the wire, hoping it gets picked up, we put your press release in front of the eyes of the top bloggers, writers, and decision makers in your industry.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:39:43 AM

Does anyone have IRC logs from about a week ago when Ukyo came onto #weex (or maybe it was #bitfunder) and essentially said that that the coins were not "gone"?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
DMstore

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:13:41 AM

I still have 56 BTC I would appreciate getting back.  What is our next action if we don't receive them before 2014?
kirawei

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:56:43 AM

Please transfer my G.ASICMINER-PT shares to direct shares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: